• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Seventeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am bad at communication tonight (ADHD). I will try again tomorrow. Stay safe! =)

About to land in Frankfurt, Germany, for a three hour layover before flying back to the UK.

Captain Hesperus

Sherwood Sherwood
Luna nods. "One bunch of cooked ogres coming right up!" She then turns her attention to the bunch chasing the kobolds and the armored figure, marshalling her concentration to make the magic energies flow. Once she has the spell ready, she points her finger out and lets fly with the magic! "Chain Lightning!"

Luna has changed targets, so I must ask - at what range does she want to loose her spell?

All right. Then the action will begin from 400 feet away when I next post. Thanks!

Purr Purr
Would it be okay if I had Alisa catch the kobold that's just been yeeted at her? I had planned to have her do that in my post, but then I figured I should ask you about it beforehand, in case you wanted me to make any rolls for it.

Hah! Sure! I'll roll a certain white and green d20 for you once you've posted and give you the results.

Oh. And the new guy kobold appreciates your line of thinking while the ogre? The ogre most certainly does not! 8D

Heya Gang!

I hope to post within the next 24 hours. Stay safe and get that holiday shopping done if you haven't already! =)

Sherwood Sherwood

A note for everyone and an extra note for Sherwood. This information was copied from Sherwood's in-game spoiler. I take it this information was for the Player's use? Gang, if there is something you want me as your Dungeon Master to see, please either put it here in the Adventurers' Table or mark the spoiler with something like "Dann" or "For the DM" so I know to look into it. Otherwise, I am left thinking these spoilers are for your own record keeping. I am likely to miss notes meant for me if left in this manner. =)

Spell is now marked off my list. 13d6+7 damage to all of the ogres, save DC of 24, and +4 to bypass Spell Resistance. All 1's and 2's count as a '3' on the damage dice.
A note for everyone and an extra note for Sherwood. This information was copied from Sherwood's in-game spoiler. I take it this information was for the Player's use? Gang, if there is something you want me as your Dungeon Master to see, please either put it here in the Adventurers' Table or mark the spoiler with something like "Dann" or "For the DM" so I know to look into it. Otherwise, I am left thinking these spoilers are for your own record keeping. I am likely to miss notes meant for me if left in this manner. =)

* * *​

Sherwood, the information in your quote is wrong in two places. The first is a simple harmless mistake; the second is... a pleasant mystery. =)

1. All 1s and 2s count as "3" on damage dice only takes effect when Luna, a Pyromancer since the start of the game over half a decade ago, uses fire magic. Chain Lightning is not fire magic unless altered and no such declaration was made. See Luna's Signature Abilities for details. =)

2. The second piece of information that is wrong is... well... one that I have kept under my hat for some time and it involves Fire spells of a damaging nature. So... until one is cast, there it will remain. That little secret has stayed there for probably the better part of a Real Life year; it can wait a little longer. After all, if there is one thing Pyromancers can be counted on to do, it is to cast awesome fire spells sooner or later! =)

I am working on the in-game post and should be done shortly. =)

jaydude jaydude

The idea of catching the hurtled kobold is a crafty one and one that requires a die roll to which the PC's Ranged Attack Bonus added to it (their Base Attack plus their Dexterity). With any other class, especially Wizards, Sorcerers, and the last Healer, I would have to make that roll with a cringe because their chances of seeing success would definitely be in doubt. But with a Paladin? Heck, Alisa's Base Attack alone is +13! So I figured, "Hey, as long as the white-and-green d20 chosen by Jaydude doesn't roll a 1, we're in business!"

And so I rolled it!

And got a 2!

Ha ha! In other words, were Alisa virtually any other Class type (Cleric, Wizard, Rogue), she would have failed in the catch, but not with a Dexterity-based Paladin! She succeeds!

What a crazy time to roll a 2 on a d20 and get a success, right?

* * *​

Sherwood Sherwood

Which reminds me! Hey bud! Guess what? Luna, with her +7 to Evocation School spells like Chain Lightning, blasted those ogres for 51 Hit Points of damage - each! Thanks to Luna's increased DCs to Saving Throws versus that school's spells, only one of those ogres made his Saving Throw! Do you realize that is... (51 x 7) + (25)... 382 total Hit Points of damage?! 8D

Alisa and the "New Guy" Kobold. =)

new york mets bobbled catch GIF by MLB

jaydude jaydude

The idea of catching the hurtled kobold is a crafty one and one that requires a die roll to which the PC's Ranged Attack Bonus added to it (their Base Attack plus their Dexterity). With any other class, especially Wizards, Sorcerers, and the last Healer, I would have to make that roll with a cringe because their chances of seeing success would definitely be in doubt. But with a Paladin? Heck, Alisa's Base Attack alone is +13! So I figured, "Hey, as long as the white-and-green d20 chosen by Jaydude doesn't roll a 1, we're in business!"

And so I rolled it!

And got a 2!

Ha ha! In other words, were Alisa virtually any other Class type (Cleric, Wizard, Rogue), she would have failed in the catch, but not with a Dexterity-based Paladin! She succeeds!

What a crazy time to roll a 2 on a d20 and get a success, right?
Heh. What are the odds?

I know, right? I mean, wow!

Now the numbers nerd in me must reply: "5% from my math (the odds of rolling a 2 on a d20)! That's a 95% chance of rolling something else!"

Still, wow!

Which reminds me! Hey bud! Guess what? Luna, with her +7 to Evocation School spells like Chain Lightning, blasted those ogres for 51 Hit Points of damage - each! Thanks to Luna's increased DCs to Saving Throws versus that school's spells, only one of those ogres made his Saving Throw! Do you realize that is... (51 x 7) + (25)... 382 total Hit Points of damage?! 8D
All I got to say to that amount of damage is 'Ouch! That will leave a mark!'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back