• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Seventeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
That should still work. We can probably keep our distance from the remaining magi with the speed of the flying wagon and hit them from afar well enough.

Okay. We have entered the realm of combat preparation. Sherwood has Declared Luna is going to cast Chain Lightning on an ogre magi the moment one gets within 400 feet, with the intention of nailing one ogre magi and as many armored ogres as Luna's Chain Lightining will reach.

Correct this declaration if it is not what you want. Otherwise, it stands.

Sherwood Sherwood Hey, bud! I noticed on Luna's notes you have:

Action Points: 11 / 10
In the spirit of seeing that you don't lose something you've rightfully earned, please remember there are two kinds of Action Points, temporary and Bonus. If you are mixing them here then you may be screwing yourself during the course of your adventure. May I recommend you record them as Action Points and Bonus Action Point(s)? Remember that the latter "roll over" to your next level while the former are lost?

Sorry, I just arrived at SFO yesterday after over 24 hours of patchy airport wifi. Gimme a sec.

Captain Hesperus

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus
Have a blast in San Fran, Cap'n! Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf, the Golden Gate Park and Bridge! Woo!

Not to mention the good company you came for! Have a great time, Cap'n & Co.! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus
Have a blast in San Fran, Cap'n! Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf, the Golden Gate Park and Bridge! Woo!

Not to mention the good company you came for! Have a great time, Cap'n & Co.! =)
Well, we’re only in CA for the weekend to catch up with friends and family in Sacramento and Santa Cruz, then we have to leave the sunshine and warmth ( ;( ) to go up to Idaho to the lovely wife’s home where we shall spend T-Day.

Captain Hesperus

Enjoy the sunshine while you've got it, at least!

Sherwood Sherwood Luna is preparing to Cast Chain Lightning with an Ogre Magi as her target! Is there anything you - the Player - think the Dungeon Master should know?

Dungeon Master note: Heya Gang! Sure, I could look onto Luna's Character Sheet, but in doing so, I'm kind of robbing the Player of telling me about any special notes or abilities, feats or Signature Abilities, their Character may have that they want to point out. And who doesn't like talking about their Characters, right? =)

EDIT: I forgot the important part. The Ogre Magi, as Luna is about to discover, has Spell Resistance - hence my question. =)

Last edited:
I do indeed have the Feat Increased Spell Penetration to give me a +4 to beat Spell Resistance.

Is the roll based off of my Arcana, or is it just a straight d20 roll with my +4 to it?

Also, as a reminder, the Chain Lightning will do (assuming it beats the magic resistance) 13d6+7, with a DC Save of 24 with a total of 13 bolts to it.

And I have a Signature Ability that increases all 1's and 2's to be 3's on the damage roll for my attack.

Hmm. Quick question; are eight armoured "dumb-stumps" likely to be too much for Alisa to handle on her own?

Yah! Happy Thanksgiving to everybody and a wonderful Turkey Day to all!

HobbitThanksgiving.jpg

jaydude jaydude Hey man, er, dude! I need to know what Alisa is doing before I can "post to the utmost" in-game. Do you have time to post or should I make adjustments? =)

jaydude jaydude Hey man, er, dude! I need to know what Alisa is doing before I can "post to the utmost" in-game. Do you have time to post or should I make adjustments? =)
Yeah, sorry. I've just been waiting for someone to answer a question of mine from a few posts earlier: are eight armoured "dumb-stumps" likely to be too much for Alisa to handle on her own?

jaydude jaydude Ah! Sorry! I missed that. Did I mention I make mistakes? Heh! =)

The answer (and I'm wording this carefully): Alisa has good reason to believe that if she can make the armored ogres play her game (i.e. stay at range and out of melee as much as possible) then she'll likely survive. Another question to consider is - is she willing to face them here on this "holy ground" or elsewhere?

Hmm. Sounds like the best thing to do in any case is to create some distance between herself and the ogres.

Okay. I'll try and get a post up sometime tomorrow. It's a bit late right now, and I'm already a little busy with other stuff.

No worries! It's a game, not a job, so please do take your time! Sleep well when it's your turn, Jaydude, and thanks for the quick reply! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back