• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Seventeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
You made it, Jaydude! Alisa is now in play! Enjoy and hooray! =)

You made it, Jaydude! Alisa is now in play! Enjoy and hooray! =)
Glad to be in it. Definitely looking forward to whatever comes next.

First PC to post in the new thread! Yeaa for me!
Heh. For a moment, I believed you were referring to the IC thread, and was thinking "hang on, pretty sure I was the first player to post in the new chapter".

Heh. For a moment, I believed you were referring to the IC thread, and was thinking "hang on, pretty sure I was the first player to post in the new chapter".
I thought the same. PC "meaning Player character," I thought he was referring to Luna. =)

Just keeping us on our toes, I guess! =)

As Alisa nears the bushes, there is a faint rustle here, an odd movement there. Something appears to be attempting to hide inside the brush. Or perhaps... several somethings.

Most often, I roll the Perception checks of your Characters if they have no way of knowing something is up. In this case, however, Lady Paladin Alisa has every reason to think something is up. Since you're a beginning Player in my game, I will ask - do you want to spend an Action Point to add to your Perception check?

If you want the advice of your fellow Players, feel free to chat away in The Adventurers' Table!

Kaerri Kaerri
Since Kaerri Rainshadow is keeping alert, she receives a chance at succeeding at a Perception roll.

Is Kaerri doing anything special or specific while watching the air around the aloft Wayward Wagon? See Jaydude's note above for a hint of what I'm getting at. =)
Kaerri is leaning slightly out the door while clinging most firmly to the doorframe, and primarily looking for other fliers or airborne threats. I think I would like to spend an Action Point. Except I, er, seem to have not put them on her character sheet... Should she have the starting amount for her level, i.e. 12?

Most often, I roll the Perception checks of your Characters if they have no way of knowing something is up. In this case, however, Lady Paladin Alisa has every reason to think something is up. Since you're a beginning Player in my game, I will ask - do you want to spend an Action Point to add to your Perception check?

Sure, why not. I presume I'll be able to get them back at some point later on.

Sure, why not. I presume I'll be able to get them back at some point later on.
When you level up, you gain Action Points equal to 1/2 your level (rounded down) +5 (so when Alisa reaches level 14, she'll have 12). As I recall, this replaces her current pool rather than adding to it ( Purr Purr - I don't see that part in Shop Talk). So, it's good to save them for important things because you generally only get more when you level, but also you don't want to be too miserly because they don't carry over anyway.

When you level up, you gain Action Points equal to 1/2 your level (rounded down) +5 (so when Alisa reaches level 14, she'll have 12). As I recall, this replaces her current pool rather than adding to it ( Purr Purr - I don't see that part in Shop Talk). So, it's good to save them for important things because you generally only get more when you level, but also you don't want to be too miserly because they don't carry over anyway.
Okay. I'll keep that in mind here.

Kaerri is correct. Action Points can be found as rewards in and out of game (if, say, one Player recommends another for some terrific in-game moment or unusual action or out-of-game for helping out somehow. Maybe with questions that help the PCs as a whole understand or come to a conclusion together that they would not have alone or perhaps providing constructive criticism, or any number of things that contributes to everyone's gaming experience here on Sharseya (or Robotech: Broadsword, my other game).

jaydude jaydude No worries! It's been a bit slow. Hope you're enjoying your train ride. =)

Hey, Gang! Now that we're entering into the holiday season, I expect our posting to slow down a bit. I'm going to try to continue to post at least once a week, Real Life pending.

Be healthy and remember to have fun!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

jaydude jaydude

In what subject does Alisa have Ranks in? Is it 1 subject with 4 Ranks? 4 subjects with 1 Rank each?
I'm currently more inclined to say 1 subject with 4 ranks, but not sure exactly which subject yet. Which do you think would be more appropriate: Nature or Religion?

jaydude jaydude Neither because Nature and Religion are their own Skills. =)

I recommend scrolling up and taking a look at what Kaerri wrote earlier? Look at the Lore Skill and get a good grasp what it can do.

You might also take a look at the Character sheets of your fellow Players. See where they've invested their skills in Lore? Using that information, then ask yourself what would interest Alisa the most? =)

jaydude jaydude Neither because Nature and Religion are their own Skills. =)

I recommend scrolling up and taking a look at what Kaerri wrote earlier? Look at the Lore Skill and get a good grasp what it can do.

You might also take a look at the Character sheets of your fellow Players. See where they've invested their skills in Lore? Using that information, then ask yourself what would interest Alisa the most? =)
Okay. I'll try and look tomorrow. Been feeling pretty tired these last couple of hours.

What Kaerri wrote earlier (since it's in the previous thread)
You need to specify what particular Lore Alisa has ranks in (can be multiple types, but each is "bought" separately"). Some good options are listed here. Yes, that's the Pathfinder 2.0 list, but since we're using the 2.0 skills list I think most of them can apply -- but also note that Sharseya has "Lore: Monsters" which can come in pretty handy, moreso than PF 2.0's "Lore: specific creature or narrow type of creature."

If Alisa's been out and adventuring a while (and how else do aspiring adventurers level? ^;3^ ) I'd recommend Monster Lore, unless you find something that better suits.

Okay. I'll try and look tomorrow. Been feeling pretty tired these last couple of hours.
jaydude jaydude No worries, Jaydude! Rest up and recharge those Jaydude-batteries, man! I'm far from 100% charged myself at the moment so I can relate with you.=)

Kaerri Kaerri Thanks for posting that, you! You are thoughtful as always, darlin'! =)

As a Paladin, having some Religion Lore might be good, along with Nature.

As a Paladin, having some Religion Lore might be good, along with Nature.

Except that "Religion Lore" is not a thing in Pathfinder 2.0 where Sharseya takes its Skills from (see Shop Talk).

This is the Lore Skill.

This is the Religion Skill.

Note that Reliigion has the Recall Knowledge Action. Any "Lore" benefit is therefore already included in such Skills. Lore Skills cover specialized knowledge. =)

Edited for clarity and brevity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back