• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fourteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. I'm not sure if this warrants a post or not (it's understood to me), but Nivirea is obviously just there to watch the insects, focusing completely on stealth and ready to slowly fall back as needed. But not before she deems she has to. From your last post, Dann, it doesn't sound like they've come close enough to warrant any sort of action yet *woof*

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Yes! They are slowly meandering in the direction of the Wayward Wanderers, but not quite yet. The longer Nivirea stays there, the more she might learn, if she remains undetected.

So, is the party going up to meet with Nivirea or is Nivirea going to silently retreat back to the party or something else? =)

Not sure about Nivirea, but Bren will be leading the party to meet her, I just haven't done the requested post yet >.>

Nivirea will stay where she is. With the Thri-kreen watching the tunnel so closely, she's afraid that falling back might compromise her. I don't know how far into the dark they can see, but so far I was assuming Nivirea was hidden behind some rock or pillar off to the side of the path near the tunnel opening, so she's not relying entirely on darkness to conceal her.

Regardless, falling back means turning her back on the Thri-kreen, and not seeing what they do. Not that she can see much anymore, what with them having assumed ambush (?) positions. But still. So she'll stay where she is and warn them when they show up, though she's assuming Oreleth has already warned them.

Forgive me if I missed this but, the only source of light in the cavern right now is the faintly glowing lichen?

Yes. Your Felane forms have low-light vision (allowing you to see twice as much light, but you cannot see in pitch black; that's darkvision). It stands to reason the Thri-kreen either have low-light vision as they have no light sources among them, or they have tremorsense, an ability that lets them sense movement in the earth from a limited distance. From what Nivirea rolled earlier for her check, she can safely believe these Thri-kreen have low-light vision. Oh, and they are definitely setting up in ambush positions.

Nivirea could sneak back to the Wayward Wanderers, but that would require a Stealth check against multiple opponents. She does have natural cover (a curve in the cave's tunnel). The way the tunnel winds, the Wayward Wanderers will see Nivirea before they see the Thri-kreen for certain.

Heya Gang! I don't get sick all that often, but when I do... =)

One beautiful benefit to online post-RPing is that one can type... if one can type at all... and therefore participate. Kaerri and I returned from the doctor today and I'm officially a mess (nothing serious. Just inconvenient). Mosquitos in Florida where we live can really mess up your week and they have done quite a a job on messing up mine. On top of a case of chills, weakness, and a migraine (not headache) that is now in its 4th straight day, I have been diagnosed with an upper respiratory bronchial infection. Again, inconvenient, but not serious.

So, at least for the next week or so, if my posting (especially in-game) sounds "off," it's just me being a mess for a little while. I ask for your benefit of the doubt (which I'm confident you'll give because each of you are cool like that). I have just now rewritten my last post with Professor Stein, Toph, Elinor, Trouble, and Cera. It wasn't accurate. Now it is. =)

That's all for now. Stay healthy, friends!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Heya Gang! I don't get sick all that often, but when I do... =)

I have just now rewritten my last post with Professor Stein, Toph, Elinor, Trouble, and Cera. It wasn't accurate. Now it is. =)
You're definitely off. This is Sharseya, not Robotech :P

Captain Hesperus

Hah! I copy/pasted without thinking. DERP-goes-the-GM! Ha ha! =)

Me too, Wolf. Me too. To me, it is a matter of time, treating myself with good food, medicine, spirits, and wise activity (like roleplaying as opposed to bicycling!). I have the means for all... even if I am posting Broadsword-information in the wrong game! Ha ha! C'est la vie! =)

Purr Purr , do you want me to post a list of the spells I have memorized for Luna out of my spellbook?

Psychie, Oreleth has a general idea of where they are but chances are (in the cavern ahead). She would notice they are no longer out in the open examining the Ankheg corpses. With Oreleth returning to the area and Nivirea never having left, it would probably be better off to ask Nivirea. The other alternative is for Oreleth to take Nivirea's spot unless you can think of something else.

Sherwood, that's fine. I've been having issues with PF 2.0 and trying to provide everyone their spells (and this bronchial infection hasn't helped, although it's healing up day by day). I'll try to get everyone's spells out some time this week. But yeah, swapping characters over to 11th level is proving to be a challenge.

How close were the Thri-kreen to Nivirea / tunnel opening the last time she'd seen them? I seem to recall seeing a number somewhere but I can't find it anymore.

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Doing so will alert the Thri-kreen that someone besides them is casting magic on them. Are you all right with that?

I'm guessing they're likely to interpret it as a hostile action (illuminating in preparation to shooting?), but then Nivirea has no idea the party had planned to try talking first.

You mean they'll know the exact source, or that they'll know it's coming from the tunnel opening? From what I understand, they'll hear Nivirea's casting words, but that is all - the lights should simply appear and not travel from her to their destinations.

Either way I'm fine with what I posted. Let's have some action, I've barely cast two spells and I've been playing a spellcaster for what feels like years already *howl*

Nivirea is probably aware of the action being a double edged sword. Probably.

Probably.

Intelligent creatures lying in ambush seeing magical lights appearing above their heads have very good reason to go from being cautious ("Hey, whatever killed these Ankheg is probably up that tunnel") to hostile ("We are being marked with magic! Open fire!"). This being a mere cantrip, a Sorcerer of Nivirea's level (11th) is absolutely certain this is a strong possibility (no "probably" about it). By doing this, the possibility of parlaying with the Thri-kreen party very likely flies out the window. If you and Nivi are hot for action, this is the way to make it happen. Just be sure to be ready for the fallout from your party later on as I think this will all fall on Nivi. I'm not trying to ruin your fun; I just want you to be aware of the scene as I see it. =)

For all fairness, now that I've placed this information in front of you, I have to ask once more - what is Nivirea doing?

Thanks for double triple checking *woof*

I'll stick to it and deal with what happens. Hope I didn't ruin your plans, since this might not have been among the actions you expected to have to deal with? 🐺

It's not my plans you're ruining - I'm long-used to rolling with situations like these! Thanks, though! =) I just need to work out what the Thri-kreen are going to do about it by rolling some dice. Here goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back