• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fourteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry. Knowing Dannigan like I do, he'll do a great job coming up with something.

Sherwood Sherwood It appears the Extend Spell Feat has been removed from 2.0.. See our Pathfinder 2.0 thread for some Luna-related thoughts and changes.

Sherwood Sherwood Hey you. When you have the opportunity, head back into the PF 2.0 thread where I linked Luna's spellbook. I have added Luna's basic character sheet there (no items or item-based adjustments). Here are her numbers, feats, Ability Scores, post-adjustment, Hit Points, butt nekkid Armor Class, etc.

Gang, I am going to try to give each of your characters ONE POST for all of their information in our PF 2.0 thread. One stop shopping, baby. =) Take a look at these character sheets if you like? Feedback is always welcome. =)

Expert Spellcaster, Magical Fortitude, and Eye of the Arcane Lords are Feats that do not appear to be in my copy of the playtest book. Can you let me know what they do?

I see in the 2.0 book, the number of spells per level is greatly reduced from 1e. Is there any bonuses for having a high Int score to the number of spell slots per level known? I'm not seeing any in my copy. Otherwise, Luna is down to just 4 spells for levels 1-5, and just 3 for level 6.

Nevermind. I just saw that you said she has the same number of spells from 1.0.

Expert Spellcaster, Magical Fortitude, and Eye of the Arcane Lords are Feats that do not appear to be in my copy of the playtest book. Can you let me know what they do?

These and other Wizardly goodies are found here. =)

Both of these are Class abilities.
Expert Spellcaster (Level 7) - Extended practice of the arcane has improved your capabilities. Your proficiency ranks for arcane spell attack rolls and spell DCs increase to expert.
Magical Fortitude (Level 9) - Magical power has improved your body’s resiliency. Your proficiency rank for Fortitude saves increases to expert.

Eye of the Arcane Lords is a General Feat, but I can't find it. Hmm! I found it in the PathBuilder character creator app, but I can't find it anywhere in the Core Book or in the website I just linked to you. Consider it replaced by Hobnobber (while Luna might not be best-trained person in Diplomacy, she is certainly brilliant-enough to Gather Information at a faster rate than others).

Uh, disregard just about everything from the Playtest, Sherwood. As I've advised previously, the Playtest has been completely replaced by the rules in the new Core Book.

Question about casting a Heightened spell. Using a Fireball as an example, as a 3rd level spell it does 6d6 with the note of Heighted +1, doing an additional 2d6. Does that mean for every level of a spell slot I use it adds 2d6 to the spell? So if I use a 5th level spell slot for it, it would do 10d6?

Eye of the Arcane Lords is on the website as Eye of the Arclords, and seems to from a supplement rather than the core book (the Arclords being a particular faction from the Lost Omens World Guide).

Cap'n, I admit to being surprised to Otiorin's decision too! That, sir, is what I call excellent roleplaying. Most PCs don't know their characters this well nor play them through to this level. =)

Sherwood, you've got it. That's how Heightened spells work for the Fireball spell. Keep in mind there are other spells that have their own rules when being Heightened; not all of them simply increase their effect by adding dice.

Kaerri, good eye, darlin'! I looked all over for the spell. Did everything but Google it, now that I think of it. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Would you prefer Luna had the Eye of the Arclord or Hobnobber Feat?

Oh, wait. I see in the description it states, "Access You are a member of the Arclords of Nex. " I don't even know who they are. Hmph.

Psychie Psychie While Luna is a straight-up Wizardly glass cannon (and Sherwood, correct me if I'm wrong about that), I'm not so certain about Oreleth. Help me with a little math here? In terms of Ability Scores, what do you want Oreleth to become?

1. Choose four Ability Scores to increase (or two not to increase) for level 5.
2. Choose four Ability Scores to increase (or two not to increase) for level 10.

Ability Scores under 18 raise by 2. Ability Scores 18 and up raise by 1.

Last edited:
Level 5 increases:
Str to 16
Con to 14
Wis to 11
and Dex to 21

Level 10 increases:
Int to 16
Con to 16
Dex to 22
Cha to 14

That should do it!

Psychie Psychie Actually, Oreleth's Ability Scores will have a slightly different base than what you're used to, but it works out in the Wayward Wanderers' favor. Oreleth's Ability Scores at level 11 will be a little higher than the numbers you presented. =)

Thanks for the quick response!

Otiorin got into roguery, not out of an inherent desire to acquire stuff and be a thief. He did it for the skills of the job, the danger of entering the unknown, the challenge of overcoming the defenses he'd face and the fun. Deep down, he's honest and kind.

Captain Hesperus

That's probably what Bria sees in Oti. Ko monks have a penchant for seeing clearly into the heart of many a matter.

EDIT: I thought I hit "Post reply" when I didn't! DERP! =)

I will try to get an in-game post up either later today or tomorrow. Have fun, friends!

Psychie Psychie Now, in Pathfinder 2.0, Initiative can involve roleplaying. Sometimes, you'll just roll flat Perception checks, but sometimes roleplaying is involved. In these cases, everyone involved explains what they are doing and the Game Master determines which skills one uses to determine their Initiative modifier. Should Oreleth have to roll Initiative, the mathematics of her roll will be decided based upon what she was doing when the Initiative roll was called for. If Oreleth were leading others with her Stealth skill, they might choose to Follow the Expert (an Exploration action) and with Oreleth's help, be just a little better at not being detected.

The details are in the rules, of course. Just something I wanted to bring up. =)

It's OK, my friend. ^33^ We know offline life has been hitting you hard lately. We just miss having you here, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back