• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fourteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall correctly, mine was to be able to negate my stealth penalty in my armor so I can be more sneaky.

I remember that now, Psychie. Thanks!

DM Dannigan, are we keeping our current stats and only getting the boost from here, or are we getting those as well?

Keeping current Ability Scores and getting the boosts from here. I have let you guys keep a ton of things from Pathfinder 1.0 that, in all fairness, you should not have kept in 2.0. Therefore the Ability Scores stay.

So, are we building up a 11th level character in 2.0, or using our original builds in 1.0?

Using the 1st-level characters I provided in the Character section, you are building up an 11th level character (presuming Wolf and Cap'n vote the same way the rest of you have - let's hear what they have to say lest you count your chickens before they hatch).

I am unable to edit the 2.0 sheet, since you were the one that posted it. Would you be so kind as to work your magic on it to make me a really cool Fighter/Bard/Arcane Archer? That would be awesome!

An important note concerning those sheets - they were designed for the Pathfinder 2.0 Playtest. Some things (including skills) have changed since PF 2.0's launch.

I want the following things to remain regardless because you earned them:
1. Your money, normal gear, and magical items do not change except to become the PF 2.0 versions. In all other ways, they remain as you earned them. For example: Otiroin's Moonlit Edge and Sunfire Blade have PF 2.0 statistics but otherwise operate as they did in 1.0. I am keeping Mithril Pieces (1 = 100 g.p.) in play.
2. Your Signature Abilities only change if they must to fit PF 2.0 (and then, as little as possible).
3. Your character's Ability Scores (some of these characters are over 10 years old like Bren and Bria).
4. Your Monster Lore lists of successfully-identified creatures.
5. Languages! I don't want your characters to suddenly experience a language-nerf just because we've switched systems!

Some things must change:
1. Spells. They work differently and many from 1.0 don't exist while there are new spells in 2.0.. Once selected, I want each of you to know what your character's spells do. That's part of the responsibility of playing a spellcaster.
2. Hit Points. Pathfinder 2.0 works Hit Points a bit differently. Everyone seems to have more of them.
3. Your familiars and animal companions might change depending on how they are in PF 2.0.. I don't intend to nerf them, but I do want them to be properly balanced for PF 2.0 (lest they suffer some horrible fate as a result of not being adjusted).

Some things I am altering straight out of the gate:
1. We are not using Resonance from PF 2.0! (It limits the amount of magical items your character can use.) Consider that a freebie.
2. Hero Points will go away to be replaced by our old pals, Action Points if I see the aforerequested Kitty Pictures of all characters! Psychie and Cap'n, please post those pictures again in your next in-game posts in Chapter Fourteen so they are all in one place?

That's all that comes to mind right now...

I am unable to edit the 2.0 sheet, since you were the one that posted it. Would you be so kind as to work your magic on it to make me a really cool Fighter/Bard/Arcane Archer? That would be awesome!

Well, that brings up another good little item. I've been using these wonderful pdfs I recently discovered to create Bria and Powerpaw's sheets (use the "sheet with extras Download" in the original post.

What I really need to know is - using Arcane Archer from PF 1.0's Core Book as a guide, how do you want your character's levels divided if we go with Option #1? How about Option #2?

For the record, this is not Bren. I am still searching for Bren. However, I couldn't just let it go without sharing.

17a9605b5d12b607b3f10e48e28b0856.jpg

I had Oreleth at a level 6 Fighter, level 1 Wizard, and level 2 Arcane Archer, so that would shift to Fighter 6, Bard 1, and Arcane Archer 3/4, depending on how the level up vote goes. In 1e, that would make my effective Bard level a 2/3 for determining spells.

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

There are a few things I'll need from both of you that I cannot provide.

1. If you are going with Option #1 or Option #2.
2. If you are changing your character's class in any way (Cap'n, I'll need to know how many levels you want in each of your classes. If by some strange itch you decide to take on a non-casting class, Otiorin will still keep his Silver Dragon blood along with its past and his Dragon-sight Signature Ability).
3. You will need to select your own spells and cantrips and understand what each of them does.

Otherwise, I will help you both on your character sheets as much as I am able. =)

One last note (before I go to bed) - remember to take your time with all of this! It's not a race and I expect us to take at least 1-2 weeks before we have a party of ready-to-go characters. I have a lot of work to finish on my end, part of it transferring Wolf and Cap'n's characters, so I won't be ready anytime soon.

Shoot any questions, thoughts, funnies, or what-have-you in here! Good night and congrats again! =)

For the record, this is not Bren. I am still searching for Bren. However, I couldn't just let it go without sharing.

17a9605b5d12b607b3f10e48e28b0856.jpg

Consider this little fellow Bria-snuggled and Powerpaw-adopted! 8D

I believe I have found Bren-as-cat, though I couldn't find one in armor like you guys did, so please just imagine it. ^;3^

somali-words.jpg

By the way, I believe I have also found a semi-official online version of the Pathfinder 2.0 rules. "Semi-official" in that it isn't on the official Paizo website, but it's linked there (if you go to paizo.com - Pathfinder, hover over the Pathfinder tab, hover over Rulebooks, and then click on Online Rules, it takes you to it). Make sure to click on Pathfinder 2E at the top (it defaults to 1E, and we aren't using that).

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus And one for Cap'n. At the very least, I need to know how the two of you feel about sharing your RP Points to the group as a whole (especially Cap'n).

Hope life is treating you well. =)

O.K. Gang, I don't know what to tell you. Without Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Cap'n's vote, I can't tell you if your characters are 10th or 11th level. Let's go with 10 until we hear something.

In the meantime, here's a bump for Kaerri Kaerri as Bren is being addressed.

Dannigan Dannigan I'll be wanting the even split of Rogue/Sorcerer (White Dragon heritage) with the excess going to Sorcerer. I might (maybe) need to learn a level or two in Fighter or Ranger to learn longsword proficiency and two-weapon fighting.

Captain Hesperus

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Hey you! =)

1. Charmsring is a silver dragon. You sure you want white?

2. Why does Otiorin want longsword proficiency when he doesn't own one? Oti and Oscar haven't yet had this chat, but if it's for the Sunfire Blade, that weapon has the looks and damage of a bastard sword, but part of its magic makes it useable by anyone with proficiency in either bastard sword or short sword (like Rogues. It's one of the reasons I chose it so long ago). =)

3. Let me take a look into two-weapon fighting for Rogue and see what we can come up with. Perhaps a Signature Ability could fit the bill? Everything else you've mentioned, I will try to make happen. =)

4. And very importantly - I really need to know how you feel about this. These are RP Points that you have earned over the years, after all! Which Option, please?

Let's talk experience points, shall we? Previously, your characters were 10th and 9th levels according to the grand totals of your accumulated RP Points (much of that gained through excellent roleplaying!). However, given the amount of RP Points you have earned since you were cursed, your characters have one of two options to choose!

Option #1 - The 10th level characters become 11th level with some RP Points left over and the 9th level characters become 10th level with some RP Points left over!

Option #2 - You merge all of the Wayward Wanderers earned RP Points, which is just enough to get every Player Character to 11th level with no RP points left over!

I offer this as a special reward to all of you for having roleplayed so very, very well during your characters' abduction from Highwind, journey to Pohjola, and escape from 2 of the 3 of Loviatar's hated curses!

1. Derp, ignore me. The flu is killing me slowly.

2. Because I thought that was The Sunfire Blade's original form. Either way, Oti doesn't know much about the weapon's abilities and only wants to wield the sword in the configuration he'd been told stories of (and seen pictures of).

3. Thank you.

4. By all means, get them noobs up to the same level!

Captain Hesperus

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Hey you! =)

1. Charmsring is a silver dragon. You sure you want white?

2. Why does Otiorin want longsword proficiency when he doesn't own one? Oti and Oscar haven't yet had this chat, but if it's for the Sunfire Blade, that weapon has the looks and damage of a bastard sword, but part of its magic makes it useable by anyone with proficiency in either bastard sword or short sword (like Rogues. It's one of the reasons I chose it so long ago). =)

3. Let me take a look into two-weapon fighting for Rogue and see what we can come up with. Perhaps a Signature Ability could fit the bill? Everything else you've mentioned, I will try to make happen. =)

4. And very importantly - I really need to know how you feel about this. These are RP Points that you have earned over the years, after all! Which Option, please?

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus *Sends various delicious sources of vitamin C your way along with Bria for her magic and healing spirit.* Rackelfratz... Rest well, laugh a lot, and kick that flu out your front door, Cap'n! And thanks for supplying your vote; I was not going to make any changes without you. =)

Kaerri Kaerri Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Congratulations and thanks to everyone for your votes - the Wayward Wanderers are all level 11!

I have the opportunity in the next couple of days to catch up on my Dungeon Mastering duties here. In the meantime, I am going to keep the game going by moving all of you into the next scene (where I don't think your character levels are going to matter much quite yet).

Kaerri, does Bren have anything to say to Luna, Sparkle, and Powerpaw? =)

Sounds great! Awesome for the noobs team to all be at level 11. Seriously, they all deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back