• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fourteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr I mean this as nicely as possible, but I mean it. =) I saw your post and asked Kaerri about RP Nation's stance on it and I requested her to take a look at it. Please remove that link.

To everyone, Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Sherwood Sherwood please do not bring pirated links into our game. Gaming companies don't survive without money. If we can't buy the information, please use the websites they provide (like the Articles of Nethys link Kaerri provided in her above post - you might remember that link from our Pathfinder 2.0 thread). Please use it. And do give credit for images and music when you use it! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

In as friendly a way as possible, as you put it, I've removed the link - despite my firm belief that you are mistaken. I'd say that you are being overzealous in your desire to do a good job and enforce site policy. To my best knowledge, the aforementioned is neither a pirate site nor one that endorses piracy, and in fact appears to be completely legal (feel free to browse their legal information which I've only skimmed for your sake). Unless you're a proponent of 'guilty until proven innocent', that is. Interestingly, I've mentioned this same site multiple times since joining this roleplay and the only issue ever raised was when Dannigan cautioned me that it might rely on mods or expansions that Sharseya is not using, and which I might not recognize.

It's honestly insulting that a mere joke mention of the word piracy (crossed out like so) would lead to such a swift yet seemingly baseless accusation. Is that really all it takes to warrant tagging everyone in the group as if we're all potential criminals that need to be proactively policed? I am well aware of the rules - I have been here longer than most of us. In the future, you might consider making sure that a rule has actually been broken before requesting censorship or redaction.

Piracy has always been here, and it's always played an integral role in our society. Both positively and negatively. As much as I'd like to argue semantics with you, there is neither time nor place nor reason. I would just advise you to try and make yourself a little less sensitive - or better said, since you're American - less trigger happy about it.

I will make use of the Articles of Nethys since that is the Storyteller's official recommendation.

I have redone Luna's skills to the 2e list, and after double checking my math, I am fairly sure that my numbers add up to 110 skill points. Purr Purr , if you would, please look them over to make sure that I have them recorded correctly.

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr That's it. After reading your post, I think you have an important decision to make. We are taking this subject to Conversation where it belongs.

I am on duty as I write this. I will send you something when I am able.

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Thank you both. I'll check your gaming stats when I can. It's been another unusual shift (complete with headache and ADHD-related issues) here - I don't know when I'll be able to get to it.

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr (Kaerri knows. =) ) Rats! I neglected to point something out. Languages! (Sorry, between Broadsword, D. Rex's and Sil's prologues, and other matters, I have been terrifically distracted these past few days! C'est la vie!)

If your character has multiple languages beyond those provided by her Intelligence modifier, then you must pay for those languages by purchasing Skill Ranks in Linguistics. Put another way, if your character has a 22 Intelligence (like Luna), that provides a +6 Ability Modifier, you may know your character's Racial language (Common for Humans. Elvish and Common for Oreleths! =) ). Having listed these, you may now select 6 languages of your choice. If you know more languages than these, you must then pay for them by purchasing Ranks in Linguistics. 1 Rank = 1 Language.

Also, please see the notes I've provided for Sherwood below regarding Lore, Craft, and Performance. As always, ask away when wonder is tickling your mind with something Sharseyan! =)

* * *​

Sherwood Luna's Skill points add up to 110. I have a few holes to ask you to fill.

1. Crafting. What does Luna Craft? Like Lore, I would like subjects to be provided when choosing Craft and Performance. If she Crafts one type of item (books, saddles, musical instruments, etc.), you are free to put all of those Skills into one family of items or more. If you choose more than one family of items, please tell me how you are choosing to divide those Craft points.

2. Lore: Geography and History. Averlundian, I take it (Averlund is the continent where all of Summerset, Highwind, Glimmerdawn, Frozen North, Forest Eternal, etc. call home.)? Or is it locale-specific (Summerset)? The smaller the locale, the greater the knowledge of that locale. The larger the locale, the broader the knowledge, but less deep.

3. Lore: Planes. Is this Planes in general or 5 Ranks into one specific Plane of Existence? If Luna chooses the former, she gets a broad knowledge of all Planes in general (and learns things like bring air with you when you make visits to the Elemental Plane of Water!). If the latter, she is specialized in that plane alone while having a very basic understanding of Planes in general. For example, if Luna selected Gladsheim as her Lore plane, she would know all about Asgard, Jotunheim, Hel, and the like, but not much at all of the other planes (including her own, the Prime Material Plane).

Ah! I see you threw 11 Ranks into Stealth! Nice going! Sparkle approves! Hee hee! =)

* * *​

Psychie!

Let's do some math here. Oreleth's Skill point tally should come up to her Fighter levels (4 x 6 revised Fighter levels = 24) + Wizard level (4 x 1 = 4) + Arcane Archer levels (4 x 4 = 16) + Intelligence Modifier (2 x 11 = 22) = 66.

I read that Oreleth has 52 Skill points and therefore is 14 Skill points shy of her true total.

Also, I don't see any of Oreleth's Skill penalties from wearing Breastplate armor? She should subtract (or at least keep into account) for her Armor Check Penalty (which I don't see on her character sheet?). Here, have a little help if you don't mind.

Breastplate armor has a -4 Armor Check Penalty. These penalties are applied to Athletics, Acrobatics, Stealth, and Thievery (all Strength and Dexterity-related skills) and must be applied whenever Oreleth is wearing the armor.

Like Sherwood, please tell me what Craft category you want Oreleth to focus on.

On her character sheet, I see: "Languages: Elven, Common, Sylvan, Dwarven, Orc, Giant, Draconic, Minotaur - one language slot open." Oreleth knows Elvish and Common from her Racial languages. Her Intelligence Ability Score is high-enough to give her Sylvan and Dwarven. The Orc (Oricish) and Draconic have to be purchased with Linguistics as does Giant, but Minotaur is a dialect of Giant in my game and therefore costs 1 Skill. Also note that Giant covers the language of Ogres too (or what there is of language among the moronic brutes). =)

1. Her Crafting skill is a holdover from when she had made her own wand. I have plans to make more when the opportunity presents itself. If I no longer need to have skill ranks in Crafting to make a wand, I can reallocate those points somewhere else.

2. The Lore skills is for the general area of Averlund.

3. Lore - Planes will be a general study, not any one plane in particular.

I did warn you that my blonde was showing! Thanks for double checking my numbers.

Her Crafting skill is focused on making and maintaining her bow and arrows. I'm sure that there is a word for that, but I'm spacing on it. Derp.

For the languages, I'll use my unspent points on that among other things.

And for my armor, I have the Signature Ability that I don't suffer Stealth penalties while wearing armor. Doesn't that cover it?

Psychie Psychie Yes. Please write that as Craft: Bowyer/Fletcher (yes, I'll allow a two-for-one for bows and arrows).

Languages: Okies!

Reg: Sig Ability. Ah! I'd forgotten that! Yes, for Stealth (as that is specifically covered under the Signature Ability). But not Acrobatics, Athletics, and Thievery.

* * *​

Sherwood Sherwood
1. Her Crafting skill is a holdover from when she had made her own wand. I have plans to make more when the opportunity presents itself. If I no longer need to have skill ranks in Crafting to make a wand, I can reallocate those points somewhere else.

1. You do. Crafting a Wand takes skill (ever see those Harry Potter wands? Woo). I'll go so far as to put rods, staves, wands under Craft: Carpentry. That will also allow Luna to craft all kinds of other goodies if you like.

2. The Lore skills is for the general area of Averlund.
2. Please mark them as such if you have not already. Please write that as Lore: Geography (Averlund) or (Averlundian). =)

3. Lore - Planes will be a general study, not any one plane in particular.

3. Okies. So Lore: Planes (General).

Purr Purr , this scene seems very important to me, so I'm going to go with my Diamond of Fate for this Diplomacy roll, and I'll make the notations on my sheet about that and the skills now.

Please write that as Craft: Bowyer/Fletcher (yes, I'll allow a two-for-one for bows and arrows).

Languages: Okies!

Reg: Sig Ability. Ah! I'd forgotten that! Yes, for Stealth (as that is specifically covered under the Signature Ability). But not Acrobatics, Athletics, and Thievery.
Edit has been done!

In our current encounter, I see the Wayward Wanderers as being kind of split up into a forward rank (those that ran to help Nivirea) and those who held back.

In the front group is Brendoran, Otiorin, Powerpaw, Nivirea, and now Bria. In the rear bunch are Oreleth and Luna (along with Sparkle and Oscar).

If your character is not in the group you want them in, let me know.

Sherwood Sherwood
Luna steps forward and says in a calm voice, "My good giant, is there something we can do to make it up to you without giving the woman beatings? If we were to heal your hurts and help you go to sleepies, would you let us go as friends? If you let us go, we promise to let you get all the sleep you can and will not disturb you again."

Purr Purr , this scene seems very important to me, so I'm going to go with my Diamond of Fate for this Diplomacy roll, and I'll make the notations on my sheet about that and the skills now.

This post and action is just fine except for one major factor - a factor that any character with Luna's Intelligence whose ears work cannot miss. If Luna speaks calmly (in the tone she seems to be using), the Mad Giant is not going to be able to hear her request, especially seeing as she is in far back of the group (the Mad Giant heard Otiorin in part because he was in the front rank). You are welcome to rewrite your post with Luna speaking louder if you like? As in speaking in her best spellcasting voice louder? =)

I have a choice of 4 d30s. Yellow, dark blue, sparkly blue, and red. Which is your preference, Your Sherwoodness?

I will go ahead and advance, and will speak louder so I can be heard. I'll edit my post accordingly.

BTW, is it possible to use an Action Point at the same time as a Diamond of Fate?

Forgot to add that I'd like the dark blue d30 please.

After some consideration, I don't see why not! You've earned both Action Points and Diamonds of Fate - if you are willing to spend both, I rule that you are allowed to spend them together!

Forgot to add that I'd like the dark blue d30 please.

I was just about to ask. =)

After some consideration, I don't see why not! You've earned both Action Points and Diamonds of Fate - if you are willing to spend both, I rule that you are allowed to spend them together!
I'll go ahead and do it! Editing my sheet now.

Gang? You have to give Sherwood some credit here - if this isn't trying one's very damndest, I don't know what is! Wow! =) Here's hoping the dice are as enthusiastic!

Oh my gosh... *facepalm*

My dark blue d30 rolled a 1.

My white 2d6 (take the highest, see Shop Talk) rolled a 2 and 3 which of course do not change the results of a 1.

The only good news I have for you is that one cannot Fumble when using a Diamond of Fate and therefore there will be no second roll to determine a roll on our Fumble charts. Damn! Great try, Sherwood! Seriously, great try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back