• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fourteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm? Well, she'd already grabbed him by the arm, what else could he do? Push her off?

A pretty thing like that? ^33^ *rawrrrr*

I think what Dann was asking was whether Bren allowed himself to be grabbed in the first place, or moved out of the way instead.

Kaerri is correct. I don't allow interactions between PCs to take place unless I am certain both players are comfortable with it. When in doubt, I ask. I do this because I've learned it clears up a lot of confusion in the long run.

Wolf, you may remember a few years ago when Leonard and Luna were dating and you got on the Sherwood about him controlling Leonard during one of their scenes together. I remember Sherwood politely backing off and afterwards, it was no longer an issue. Both players understood to ask permission.

That's where I want my players to be - in a place where intentions and communications between players are as clear as possible. =)

I remember the incident but not the details. However, knowing myself, if I complained then it must have been a clear-cut case of godmodding. In contrast, what I did was state Nivirea's intention, nothing else - it's always up to the other party or the Storyteller to react to that however they see fit, whether by playing along or countering. If I'd expanded my post to include something that took away from Kaerri's ability to respond in the first place, that'd be a different matter.

As usual, you are much too careful, Dann - but I suppose you've learned over the years that it's better to err on the side of caution *woof*

Might be a phrasing thing? If I'd typed it in my MMO RP, it would have been "Nivirea grabbed at Bren's arm" instead of "Nivirea grabbed hold of Bren's arm." It's a small change, but the former leaves room for the other player to respond while the latter is a statement of a completed action.

Lots of discussion for a small thing, but that's how we get along ^;3^

Hm. Yes, it is a phrasing thing I guess. Of course I can't know exactly if something happened just because I tried it, but you've got to draw the line somewhere. Otherwise my every sentence would have "tried" in it. Sooner or later, you have to start assuming that stuff happens and if it doesn't, it's easy enough to edit it afterwards in case there's a problem. You just rely on common sense. The chance of Bren deciding to evade Nivirea's attempt to yank his arm was so minuscule in my mind that I felt it reasonable to disregard it. That's a lot easier than worrying about what might happen and trying to formulate the perfect sentence with zero implications. Next, I'd be questioning whether or not Bren is willing to allow Nivirea's words to enter his ears, or if he might cover them up before she's done speaking *woof*

I seem to remember roleplaying with someone once upon a time, who was so careful not to make a mistake that they stressed over nearly every detail. Their sentences were chock full of "tries" or "assuming that works" and "if that succeeds" that it felt more like reading some weird programming language full of if/then/else clauses than a story. Just reading the posts would break my immersion.

That's why I rather stick to common sense and just assume something is alright, as long as that assumption is (to me) more reasonable than the alternative. Far simpler.

Heya Gang! I hope to post later today (in both games). =)

I will try to post tomorrow. Sorry for the long delay.

Bren would like to make a roll, probably Religion, unless Monster Lore applies (I don't think it does, but it's by far the higher bonus for him). He wants to see if Loviatar and her minions are likely to stick to the terms they've stated for a curse, such as the jawbone actually being obtainable from the pile it's been tossed into (or anything else that might help us solve this).
I don't recall the answer to this, unless it was no? In any case, I'd like to try again and hope the conversation thus far has helped any.

I don't recall the answer to this, unless it was no? In any case, I'd like to try again and hope the conversation thus far has helped any.

I thought I responded to this. Whoops!

Bren isn't quite certain, but the fault doesn't lie with his education. The Maiden of Pain is a fickle goddess. The Sharseyan sources (as opposed to the Pohjolan sources) Bren has learned from seem to state that Loviatar, while lawful, plays by her own rules. Loviatar's curses appear to always have a genuine way out so chances are, this jawbone does indeed exist and is whole but its whereabouts could be anywhere (she doesn't appear to taunt her foes in this manner but instead do whatever is likely to cause them the most emotional harm). Her curses seem to appear "fair" to her if you follow my meaning. Bren doesn't know of any examples of her cursing someone without providing a way out of it.

Furthermore, history suggests the difficulty of solving her curses depend on just how angry she was with the individual when she cursed him (Shalin was near the top of the list, but the merchant adventurer Barathus Varelys?).

Hey Dannigan Dannigan , just a heads up for you in case you didn't see it; there is a odd new post in the Characters thread from a person with the new user name of s e v e n. It is not a full character, but it looks like some kind of scripture. Don't know what is up with it.

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll look into this.

EDIT: This person probably just saved their data in the wrong spot.

Let me know if you want something official done about it.

Kaerri Kaerri I do. Please remove their post and put it wherever it properly belongs? I recall this isn't the first time this has happened. I'm willing to bet it was just a goof. =)

I will try and post tomorrow (I am working more than usual throughout the month of March). =)

Heya Gang! It's been busy! I will attempt to put a post up by tomorrow at the latest. =)

Stay safe and healthy!

Present. Sorry, this whole situation has left me pretty distracted.

On one hand, there's the obvious coronavirus quarantine thing, which means that I'm basically stuck at home all day, every day. I go out once every few days to get supplies. Now, I'm not the most social creature, and I have no dislike for long periods of time spent by myself on the computer, but even I am kind of going crazy lol. So while I do have all the time in the world to do stuff, somehow it's hard finding the will and inspiration to do so. Especially for creative stuff. I end up playing videogames or watching netflix *whine*

You probably haven't heard, but we had kind of a big earthquake here several days ago. A 5.5 on the Richter scale, at 06:30 one morning. Fine wake-up call, eh? Then another 5.0 an hour later. Then a series of smaller earthquakes like 2.0 and lower, and minor tremors in the next few days. Personally, my end of town was unaffected as far as I know, but we're the farthest away. The city center, or some parts of it... did not do so well. Lots of really old buildings, like 18th century and such, many of them built in brick and mortar fashion, no reinforced concrete or anything fancy like that. Entire sides of buildings collapsed at worst, otherwise some walls cracked, roofs came down, chimneys toppled - onto the street obviously, absolutely wrecking many cars (some even buried). We even lost the top part of one of the two spires of the local cathedral, one of the biggest and best known city landmarks. God knows where that thing landed...

Here's a link to the Google images search result, but you might as well just picture an old European city after the bombs fell in WW2.

The only good thing is that due to the early hour and the coronavirus lockdown, the streets were empty of people. So there's only a few casualties, among them a 15 year old girl. Pretty fucking devastating. The same morning, temperatures plummeted near zero and it started snowing lightly, as if to spite all of the thousands of people who fled their homes in fear of another worse quake. Later, virus infections spiked somewhat, likely owing to the increased concentration of people in contact outside (now at 442 infected, 22 recovered, 1 dead).

I also got fired from work, lol. Not because I did anything wrong, it's just that there isn't any work. I should be able to weather the storm for a couple months, with help from my father and the state, but after that, if the situation isn't under control - and I doubt it will be, honestly - I don't know what I'll do.

So 2020 is pretty fucking shitty so far. I think that, in the future, I'm going to celebrate only the Old Year, assuming it's been good. The New one is going to have to prove itself worthy first.

I intend to update all the games I'm in soon. Thanks for understanding *woof*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back