• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fourteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy! I'm glad you like the idea. It's just one of many that flies through this DMs head at any given moment. =)

Update:
"Upgraded" and leveled Otiorin's character sheet (just have to redesign the Skills for the game).
Added looong-requested flavor text to Otiorin's sheet.
Began implementing changes to the Sharseya game rules. More later.

Major Update:
Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Sherwood Sherwood Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr

The change to using the Skill system from Pathfinder 1.0 to Pathfinder 2.0 is in the works. The number of Skill selections will decrease while the number of Skill points will (for Cleric, Fighter, Sorcerer, and Wizard) increase. Every Class now has a minimum of 4 Skill points per level. There are no Class Skills (but having high Ranks in Thievery does not make your character a Rogue!). I have kept two Skills from Pathfinder 1.0 - Linguistics and Sense Motive.

Many Skills now work differently. I leave it to you to do your reading so each of you can place your Skill points where you want them. The sole exception is Cap'n - Cap'n, Otiorin is nearly finished and when he's done I'll send him along to you, Cap'n. You are free to make changes; I've just done the math, the double-checking of rules, and the detail-work so you don't have to.

Once I'm finished, I will let you know here when to redo your character's Skills. I don't mind changes to Skill Ranks here (I can understand if you take Ranks away from a Skill you never use to put them into a Skill you like better, so when the time comes, go for it). I may be done as early as tomorrow. We'll see.

If any of you want to read the work-in-progress, it's in Shop Talk now under "House Rule - Skills". I'm off for bed now. Whew! =)

So, will we be reallocating our skill points from level 1 up?

Yep! That be da plan. =)

I highly recommend making good use out of those Lore skills because they can go a long way. Things like Dungeoneering, History, Monster, heck, whatever your character can think of I'll consider. =)

Will you have a list of the skills in Shop Talk, along with the number of skill points each character gets? That way we can spend out our points and know what's available.

Ohhh, you didn't follow that link into Shop Talk like I recommended, did you, Psychie? Got you, lady! Now go check it out and tell me what you see. Mind you, I say again - it's a work-in-progress. But I'm pretty sure the Skills will remain as they are. It's just the finer details I'm sorting out.

Hmmm. I don't see a Perception skill. Is that going to be a fixed value now? Or am I just showing my blonde and missing it?

And this is why I let things "simmer"! You're not missing it because there isn't one! In Pathfinder 2.0, they don't use Perception the way we're used to it in Pathfinder 1.0 (it's fun, but kind of complicated).

At first glance it looks like I need to add our Perception Skill to the list, but I'll continue to think on it and see where those thoughts lead. Thanks for the catch, dear Psychie! =)

("Moar" later.) =)

Do we still need to take Lore multiple times for different aspects? (Monster, fishing, sailing, law, academia, etc.)

Is there any particular bonus for putting a lot of points into Language other than the languages themselves?

Definitely (oh, or the one Lore skill to rule them all!).

No, with one possible very rare exception - if, for some reason, a character wanted to specialize in a language to attain some scholarly level of fluency, both written and spoken, then I would allow one to put more than one point into the same language.

Otherwise, I don't see a reason to put a lot of points into Linguistics other than to learn a lot of languages. =)

Last edited:
Okies. I've decided to keep using Perception and Initiative in the way we've been doing it. =)

Update:
Added Perception as a Skill with the untrained Skill actions Search and Sense Danger.
Continued working on Otioirin's character sheet.

Many Skills now work differently. I leave it to you to do your reading so each of you can place your Skill points where you want them. The sole exception is Cap'n - Cap'n, Otiorin is nearly finished and when he's done I'll send him along to you, Cap'n. You are free to make changes; I've just done the math, the double-checking of rules, and the detail-work so you don't have to.
Thank'ee, sir. *touches brim of flat cap*

Captain Hesperus

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus My honor, given what you do for a living (yes, I've a soft spot for anyone in the paramilitary or military fields).

Do you want to see the rough draft via Conversation or wait until I've finished it?

Updates
Linguistics can also be used to Decipher Writing (unlike Pathfinder 1.0, this is not the only Skill that can do it, but it is a reason to put more Skill points into it if one wants to).
Tidied up Pathfinder 2.0 Skill list.
Updated 11th level Otiorin Taletreader and sent to Cap'n via Conversation. =)

Well, it is snowing outside. Then again, for all we know it's always snowing outside, so who can say? ^D^

Kaerri Kaerri Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr
His own curiosity altered somewhat to encompass the sorceress, and he wondered if she was any relation to the person she was asking about. Was he the great-grandfather she'd mentioned, maybe?

Please remind me for my brain has been doing its thing again today. When did Bren learn Nivi's last name? Perhaps at Earthhome? I don't remember her revealing that to the party at large. Perhaps when the two of them were alone together there?

Whatever the case, she did not mention her great-grandfather by name as I had not created him at the time. =)

It happened back in Highwind, after Earthhome and the conversation with Mielikki, but prior to the earth golem encounter. I made like a canine and dug up the post for you *woof*

"Your pardon, sir, but my companions and I are, er, not always the size we are now. Will your wares change themselves to fit once we are elsewhere?"
We come upon a boneyard in the dungeons of a castle named after pain and suffering, from the ominous pool of bones springs forth a magical skeleton who instead of attacking us tries to sell us weapons and equipment, and what's the first question Bren asks? What is this? Who are you? Why are you here? How?

No, no no. He wants to know if the items on sale are size-adjustable on demand! *woof*

Actually, he hasn't made that connection, because I didn't think Nivirea had mentioned her last name (what I get for not looking it up first!)
Instead, he put these two more recent things together:

Back in my parents' estate, there was a woodcarving that looked just like this. My father said it was a replica of something that belonged to my great-grandfather. Something that was lost when my great-grandfather disappeared himself, decades ago.
"Varelys? As in... Barathus Eliminus Varelys?"

And is wondering if they're connected, if the name she just asked about is the name of the great-grandfather she just mentioned.

No, no no. He wants to know if the items on sale are size-adjustable on demand! *woof*
His politeness took over for a moment, I'm afraid. Whoever these people are, they seem courteous enough and even want everything in our size, and for some reason that made Bren want to help them be helpful, as it were.

I have to chuckle at Bren's approach; it's just so very Bren!

"To Highwind, he's like a big brother! Axe in one hand, hug in the other!" - Baltor the Breaker talking about Bren.

Actually, he hasn't made that connection, because I didn't think Nivirea had mentioned her last name (what I get for not looking it up first!)
She hasn't mentioned it per se, but if you follow that post I linked:

Sliding the golden ring between her fingers a few more times, she silently offered it to Bren on the palm of her hand.
The ring being her family ring, with her house sigil on it. We're on the same page, right?

Right, and Bren must have made the proper check, because my next post has him using her last name based on the sigil on the ring. Doh. Going to edit my post slightly because he still wouldn't have brought it up first (Nivi-face asked him to keep it a secret).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back