• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fourteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have had Bria ask Bren to use his Paladin powers prior to Kaerri and I finalizing them.

Who else wants to recommend a course of action?

I can try to flush out whatever it is with a Force Missile. It doesn't do much damage, but it might be enough to see what it is that is hiding in the bones.

If we just want to make it come out, I have a feeling that simply approaching will do that. Unless Luna wants to start a fight with something before we know what it is. ^;3^

I have a feeling that whatever it is in here is not going to be friendly to us, no matter what we do.

Heya Gang!

Expect a whole lot of Shop Talk in here in the near future. If you have guidelines or house rules of things you want to change, now is a good time to bring it up. =)

Edit: I will be going through our current Shop Talk and seeing what's worth keeping and what is worth archiving, if anything. I'm also going to be taking another look through PF 2.0 see if there is anything that can benefit our campaign (rules and such). =)

Edit: Given the busy holidays, I don't imagine I'll make any changes for about a week, but you can make recommendations anytime (not just now). =)

Last edited:
Heya Gang!

Post away in here if it helps you have fun and get away from it all, or enjoy yourself outside of here and post when time allows! Take your pick! This is your safe haven 365 days a year!

Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, whether you have the time to party or not, I hope you make the best of time you have on this Earth and enjoy yourself - preferably with people you love! And remember - you have your fellow wacky RPers in here too! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Update: Diamonds of Fate have been added to Shop Talk. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Kaerri Kaerri Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Psychie Psychie

Update: I am much closer to putting together a list of Shop Talk recommended changes. I expect folks who are not familiar with Pathfinder 1.0 to have questions (which I am ready and willing to answer). Most of my recommended changes involve simplifying the rules for play-by-post use, dropping some annoying rules (like Attacks of Opportunity instead making it a Fighter-only ability in most cases), and just smoothing out some of the things I do behind the scenes (some of our battles will use Battle Maps - others won't need them, some Skill streamlining, and a few item changes).

Once more, if you have changes you'd like to see, this is the time to make mention of them. =)

Expect a post pretty soon attached to Shop Talk and stay healthy, Gang! =)

The posts in Shop Talk are up! =)

Update:
Removed Favored Class Bonus (1 Hit Point or Skill Point every level).
Changed Spell Preparation time to 15 minutes.
Clerics start the game with the Heavy Armor proficiency.

More to come. Possibly much more. =)

Sorry for falling behind... It's unusually hard for me to get any creative work done these days, so here's hoping for a different next year *whine*

No worries, Wolf! Thanks for checking in and letting us know! =)

Update: Changed Shop Talk definition of Diamond of Fate to "2. You may roll this die for virtually any one roll, be it Saving Throw, Initiative, Strike, damage, Skill check, etc. (no, not Hit Points! Hah!)."

Happy New Year! May 2020 be wonderful for everyone!

Update: I have retraited some of Powerpaw's Feats for our return to Pathfinder 1.0. He is basically an intimidating single-target crusher (no Cleave, Great Cleave). Reasoning: I'd like to try this build out and see how it goes. Plus, I think it fits his gladiatorial background better than his previous build.

Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Sherwood Sherwood

Heya Gang! I hope Christmas and the New Years treated you all well (whether or not you celebrate it - I'm wishing you well!).

For those able to post, feel free! For those not, keep on, keepin' on for the game will be here when you can. =)

Enjoy the fun, folks! Welcome to 2020! =)

Dann, some time soon can we discuss what exactly Paladin looks like now? I don't know what Bren wants to do until I know what he can do.

I'd love to! Just talking about gaming is fun to me, but I don't think anyone knows that better than you do. =)

At this time, Bren is this but 11th level. If you are satisfied with that, great! But if not (especially if something doesn't feel right if you get my meaning) tell me if you would like something changed and we can discuss it.

Gang, that goes for the rest of you, too - if there is something that doesn't feel right on your character that you would like changed, being a Feats, skills, signature abilities, or whatnot, let me know. This is a good time to make changes.

O.K. Holiday or no holiday, there hasn't been a post in-game since the 18th of December. I will be posting one way or another within the next 2 days or so (maybe later, maybe sooner). Sorry, folks - my impatience (mostly due to work stress, mind you) has bled over to our game and I want to game (here) again. This is not a request for any of you to post (especially those of you who are still busy) - but a declaration that this DM is returning to Sharseya even if only the NPCs take action. I don't mean to rush any of you. This is my safe haven and I really miss it right now. I think I need to dive back in, even solo.

Also, I think there are a handful of days left in me concerning (17) game changes I've recommended in Shop Talk. If no one replies, that's fine. I'm going with what I'm going on and I will ask you to change your character sheets accordingly (or in the case of Cap'n and Wolf, I can make the changes for you to save you both the trouble).

Love you guys and gals and game on.

Last edited:
I'm back! What kind of changes need doing?

I'll read up on what I missed meanwhile, but it doesn't look like you guys got far without me, xo xo *rrrrr*

From Dann's initial description of the scene before us:

a clearing some 40 feet in diameter riddled with bones like some macabre pool out of an undead nightmare. Most of the bones were discolored and damaged. Almost all showed signs of having been broken.

As Otiorin and Oreleth peered, they saw the pool of bones stopped at a wide, thick wall made of dark gray stone blocks like that of the wall of some ancient keep or small castle. Along this wall, wooden posts were driven into the niches between the blocks. The posts rose like strange, uncertainly-made stairs, up and up until the light ran out and neither Wayward Wanderer could see. The posts were a dangerous affair for the likes of elves and half-elves, but less so for naturally large and dextrous creatures like Felane.

But that was not all. For out in the pond of bones, four things floated eerily above the bloodstained floor. They were coffins. Upright, chain-held, metal coffins. They looked to be about 8 feet in height and they roved aimlessly about the bones, sometimes bumping into them. This was the source of the clattering sound you had heard.

I'm reading this as saying the pool of bones blocks the area in front of the wall for about 40 feet; is that correct? That's a bit far to jump, but if Otiorin has a long enough rope, with enough skill (and Felane-enhanced dexterity?) he might be able to snag a rope on them. I also have the impression that the posts are horizontal, which might up the difficulty of the lassoing.

In the meantime, Bren will see what his Paladinly senses tell him about what's in the "pool" itself (and floating above it).

How big are these scales? And are you saying that they're simply standing atop the middle of the pool of bones?

These scales are about the width of an average-sized computer keyboard and about as tall as a man's forearm and hand. And yes - after all the shaking and clamor, it seems like the thing just rose out of the mound of bones (the one and only mound that had movement in the pool of bones). Without a single helping hand.

"It is good to know that whatever lies out there is not truly evil, my friend Bren. But I would still suggest caution on our part." Luna looks out across the sea of bones at the set of scales, trying to wrack her brain for any information that might be hidden inside her noggin about what that might be. Is it a magic device? If so, have I ever read any books about it? If so, what does it do?

There is nothing in Luna's library-like skull that contains a single inkling about scales that look like these. A new mystery for the Boccobian!

Maybe a Detect Magic spell? For a time, and possibly still, Dann had it work so that the longer you studied something with Detect Magic up, the more you learned about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back