• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fifteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tough and smooth leather sheath made from the hide of a wild gorgon. Masterwork quality (300+ g.p.) Embroidered with a charging gorgon. The mood of the artwork kind of screams, "Stay the hell out of my way or pay the consequences." It was a gift from a Highwindian leatherworker whom the City Guard had assisted with a family matter (this gorgon was loose on his fields, see...). The team Grit was with all agreed that it should go to him for his efforts in solving the problem (corralling the beast with Scamp's help so the whole team could attack it). =)

Grits masterwork shortsword sheath.jpg
(Image credit: Etsy)

A tough and smooth leather sheath made from the hide of a wild gorgon. Masterwork quality (300+ g.p.) Embroidered with a charging gorgon. The mood of the artwork kind of screams, "Stay the hell out of my way or pay the consequences." It was a gift from a Highwindian leatherworker whom the City Guard had assisted with a family matter (this gorgon was loose on his fields, see...). The team Grit was with all agreed that it should go to him for his efforts in solving the problem (corralling the beast with Scamp's help so the whole team could attack it). =)

Epic. Definitely my favorite piece of equipment. Grit the Gorgon Slayer.

Had to look up what a gorgon was in pathfinder. And can probably say for certain that Grit was likely freaking out the entire time and wondering why he volunteered for that.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag!

Heya Gang! My next post will involve the Wayward Wanderers entering the Adventurers' Guild hours after Kaerri's little wake-up call there. =)

And if he really wanted one... I might have given him the ammunition to say this:

"I have a

LIGHT Crossbow!!!!

I have a

LIGHT Crossbow!!!!

I have a

LIGHT Crossbow!!!!"

What is this, you wonder?

Why, a repeating light crossbow of course!

8D

Hey Gang? My head's been giving me trouble recently. Can't think straight today. Could I get your help?

In introducing the Wayward Wanderers to a special place like the Adventurers' Guild, I'm having trouble deciding on how to best write the scene. I want to write it with everyone showing up (including Oti and Bria), a description of the place, and then everyone sitting at the reserved tables. Here's where I'm having issues.

1. Is it more fun for you guys to then have your own individual scenes between your character and their buddies/loved ones? This approach leads to more intimate (for lack of better word) between your characters and these people they haven't seen for a very long time (or ever in the case of the PCs). Going this route gets you, the PC, a better understanding of who they are and what your relationship is like.

2. Or is it more fun for you to have everything happening at once? This approach is more chaotic and therefore it might lead to confusion, but it's also more realistic - you put that many people at once into a busy place and it can be like that if you get my meaning.

Thoughts, please?

I would have to say, I am fine with either method of moving on that is easier and more convenient for to you keep track of. I'm easy.

What if you gave a general description to start, settle everyone at their tables, and then went into the individual scenes? Kind of a blend of the options you presented, but I think it would give us a good setting to begin from, while still allowing space for the more personal interactions.

MFW I realise I no longer have a Light-producing weapon...
breaks out the flint and tinder

Captain Hesperus

Sure you do! You have a fire evoker in the party! Just please tell Luna Oti ate the last of the blueberry muffins and watch her breathe fire! Ha ha!

What does "MFW" mean, please?

Sure you do! You have a fire evoker in the party! Just please tell Luna Oti ate the last of the blueberry muffins and watch her breathe fire! Ha ha!

What does "MFW" mean, please?
My Face When

Captain Hesperus

What if you gave a general description to start, settle everyone at their tables, and then went into the individual scenes? Kind of a blend of the options you presented, but I think it would give us a good setting to begin from, while still allowing space for the more personal interactions.

I was slowly coming to that conclusion myself, but I think you beat me to it! Thanks, you!

I will try to post tomorrow sometime or the next day at the very latest! =)

MFW I realise I no longer have a Light-producing weapon...
horrified-cats-face-S3794K.jpg

Last edited:
From the context, I thought there was supposed to be a photo in there! Thank you, Kaerri-darlin'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back