• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fifteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherwood, I'm hearing the following: "Good-hearted, action-oriented wizard wants to blow the hell out of a lot of evildoers, especially those belonging to the evil witch-of-a-goddess who just tricked, kidnapped, and cursed her and her entire party to the point of utter despair and death. Why? Because that frigid bitch, Loviatar, deserves some good old-fashioned payback!" That's what I'm reading. Luna's stance makes perfect sense to me.

Psychie Psychie Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus How about you two? If you could take this game in any direction, where would you take the Wayward Wanderers? The two of you especially sound like you've got things you want done. Copper coin for your thoughts?

Oreleth is also interested in trying to stop the plans of Loviatar. She is good to go with anything that the party does to put a dampener on them.

While the Songbow is important to her, she is still a rather young elf and has plenty of time to be able to find it (or make one). The threat to the world from Loviatar is immediate and real, and if this is not taken care of, it can be bad for all of the world.

O.K.. Like I said well over a year ago, finding a Songbow is far more difficult than making one (which is also no easy feat). Thanks for telling me where you stand!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus If you could take this game in any direction, where would you take the Wayward Wanderers, Cap'n?

Psychie Psychie Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Incoming big post!

Hey, perhaps I can find an even better bow on our adventures.

Well, Psychster... this is one of the serious reasons I'm asking what you, the players, want. This is your sandbox and, when you're not being kidnapped by a certain Maiden of Pain, we go where you want in this game. So I need to know where and when that is.

I've been at the DM/GM helm for a long time and I've seen PCs who, almost as if out of habit, put their desires and those of their characters behind so the party as a whole can go the way it wants to (or seems to want to). As this goes on, the individual's story might end up played leaving the PC wanting. More often than not, I'll have about half the party wanting to take on individual projects (or storylines that further their PCs growth/progress) and the other half saying, "I'm bored (I don't have any PC things to do). Let's go blow stuff up!" With the Wayward Wanderers, thankfully, it's a slightly different story.

See, here's what I've got on this side of the DM screen (that I don't mind showing):

- I've got two PCs who have things they'd probably like to do, or at the very least, begin to set into motion. Cap'n has stated for some months that he'd like to follow a storyline he created concerning Oti's Moonlit Edge and (now that it's been recovered from Pohjola) the Sunfire Blade. I recall Cap'n stating that Oti is going to drive him nuts because Oti is purely willing to return the swords back into Waterwind Elfish hands, preferably back into the hands of their owner while Cap'n the Player knows damned well what a loss this would be for him as a PC as such blades are not easy to replace, not by a long shot! I'm sure there's more to it on his end, but that's what I'm seeing.

- I've got Oreleth who has been after the Songbow from her background since before Oreleth began play. Oreleth, I believe, was originally posted back in October of 2017! That's almost three years ago with no movement on Oreleth's part toward a quest she's had since her creation. And now it seems Psychie is willing to put that aside yet again. While that's noble of her, I think I can do both her and Cap'n's requests simultaneously before Bren takes his leave.

- Which brings me to Kaerri. Kaerri is switching characters from Bren to Kaerri Rainshadow. I am almost ready to get this ball rolling except I need to know precisely what each of you honestly wants to do, hence my asking. For a short time, I think Kaerri'll play both characters (Kaerri Rainshadow in her brief prologue and Bren in the meantime). Then Bren will retire and Kaerri will, for reasons in-game, join the Wayward Wanderers.

- Meanwhile, D. Rex is awfully busy in his Real Life and not able to post much in any of his games. D. Rex may have more on his plate than he can handle game-wise at the moment. But this may change soon. There was a time he seemed to be able to post whenever he wished. Either way, he was very happy to get into Sharseya having only waited a handful of months. He and I are on our 3rd (3rd!) page of Conversation concerning his Character and other related items. He's serious about playing; it's just a matter of when.

- Sherwood, in my eyes, remains his easy-going self. He's here for the same reasons everyone is - to have fun together. While his Character seems to want nothing more than adventure and the chance at payback against Loviatar, this puts Luna in a place where she is probably willing to wait until the Wayward Wanderers are ready to take on the quest. Besides, I've never known Sherwood to be against other PCs having their fun as long as there's some way for him to contribute (i.e. not be a fifth wheel), and what player doesn't want that? After all, you guys are soon to lose Bren to retirement as Kaerri switches Characters. And what then for the Wayward Wanderers?

- Finally, let's not forget ol' Wolf. Once October arrives, I believe we should open a chat with him. Opening a new Conversation entirely is probably a good idea - it's not the average RP Nation member's business to know how that conversation goes, if Wolf is willing to rejoin us and with an entirely new character, etc. If so, then Wolf and I go behind the scenes as not to disrupt Adventurers' Table and roll him a new (good-aligned) Character or perhaps bring back Leonard the Ranger (his choice if all goes well).

May I recommend that the Wayward Wanderers take something of a break in Highwind? Let Cap'n's and Psychie's Characters do their thing (or at least get the ball rolling)? Once those scenes take place, I think you're all in a good spot for Bren to retire and Kaerri to come in. By that time, it'll probably be close to October and D. Rex, I imagine, will have joined us (if not sooner).

As always, I'd like to hear what's on each of your minds. Present your recommendations, please.

Taking some time in Highwind sounds good to me. We also have the unresolved issue of Otiorin's swords to deal with, along with Oreleth's desire to get the bow, and finally, there is the Mad Giant that needs to find a home. Why not try traveling to the elf lands with the Giant to see about the return of the magic blades to the elves, and along the way, we find some hints about the location of a/the Songbow that Oreleth is hunting, and try to get the elves to agree to let the giant live in their lands? Or is he more interested in giving out the beatings to the army about to attack the city?

I could see Oreleth take more of a leadership role in the party when Brendoran takes his leave of the group, and in the process, perhaps we could take care of some of these loose threads. Otiorin has the two swords to return, and Oreleth is still searching for the Songbow. I am guessing that the elves that Otiorin is wanting to take the blades to is a different group than the ones that raised Oreleth, so she may be able to find some new clue as to the location of the Songbow.

I am guessing that the elves that Otiorin is wanting to take the blades to is a different group than the ones that raised Oreleth, so she may be able to find some new clue as to the location of the Songbow.

This is true. Oreleth hails from the Wood Elves of the troubled Forest Eternal while Otiorin's mother dwells in the coastal city of Waterwind, home of the Gray Elves. The two Elven nations are very different, far apart, and do not often meet in anything but small groups (usually friends or friends-of-friends).

So there is not any hostile feeling between the two different tribes of elves? That makes things even better.

The real question is, would Oreleth really want to take charge of this band of misfits with as crazy as we are? ;D

That would all depend on how the old hands of the party would respond to that. Oreleth is the new kid in the team, and Luna or Otiorin might want to take the reins of the group instead of her.

I can handle the idea of not taking charge of the party. Let someone else do it.

That would all depend on how the old hands of the party would respond to that. Oreleth is the new kid in the team, and Luna or Otiorin might want to take the reins of the group instead of her.

With D. Rex's character eventually entering and the possibility of Wolf rejoining us in October (again, we shall see), it seems Oreleth will be handing over the "new kid in the team" sign to another. =)

"New kid." Only been playing with us for nearly 3 years! But you're right, she is still the newest. =)

Heya Simon! Good to see you again. You are plenty welcome to lurk! =)

Hey Simon_Hawk Simon_Hawk ^D^

I like the idea of Oreleth being the leader. She's got a good head on her shoulders. ^;3^ As far as "new kid" -- remember Bren got made leader after being in the party an even shorter time. It's about trust, and who we think will do a good job, not how long a character's been here. And if we're going to wrap up these elf-related "loose ends," having an elf in charge wouldn't hurt!

Cap'n has stated for some months that he'd like to follow a storyline he created concerning Oti's Moonlit Edge and (now that it's been recovered from Pohjola) the Sunfire Blade. I recall Cap'n stating that Oti is going to drive him nuts because Oti is purely willing to return the swords back into Waterwind Elfish hands, preferably back into the hands of their owner while Cap'n the Player knows damned well what a loss this would be for him as a PC as such blades are not easy to replace, not by a long shot! I'm sure there's more to it on his end, but that's what I'm seeing.
That's my plans pretty much. Otiorin has that running through his half-breed head every time he looks at the swords. Otherwise, I'm happy to go with the flow.

Captain Hesperus

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Copy. Do you want me to level Oti and Herc in Broadsword for you? I feel like you are not enjoying benefits that you have earned in my games.

I can temporarily assign Spells, Skills, etc. and when you have time you can change those for things you like. As it stands now, I think these empty slots you've earned are, well... wasted! What say you?

Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Taking some time in Highwind sounds good to me. We also have the unresolved issue of Otiorin's swords to deal with, along with Oreleth's desire to get the bow, and finally, there is the Mad Giant that needs to find a home. Why not try traveling to the elf lands with the Giant to see about the return of the magic blades to the elves, and along the way, we find some hints about the location of a/the Songbow that Oreleth is hunting, and try to get the elves to agree to let the giant live in their lands? Or is he more interested in giving out the beatings to the army about to attack the city?

Put yourself in Gigas's place. After all that has taken place, and while beatings are wonderful to provide to those that need it, wouldn't you finally want your mind back? That's where he stands if you don't mind me telling you in OOC. =)

So...

1. Oreleth will replace Brendoran as leader.

2. You guys like the idea of following along Oreleth and Otiorin's quests prior to taking the fight to Loviatar?

3. What else (if anything) would you like to do in Highwind? This I need to know.

4. Cap'n. See my question above for you?

I fully endorse the idea of getting some new stuff. I have a few lower level scrolls that I can sell for extra cash, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back