• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fifteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can only try. If we don't, we have already failed.

Yes, but you are a PC in one of my games, dear Psychie. Darned if I'm going to let you go playing along with misinformation guiding your every step!
(That's just not good Dungeon Mastering!)

( Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag!)

Unless someone speaks up with other desires, I will write up the next scene involving the Wayward Wanderers return to Highwind (either tomorrow or the day after)!

He grabs his club with both hands and performs one clearly and very well-practiced 360-degree spin with the club creating such a whoosh of power that every leaf on every tree nearby shivers with the wind it creates along with any loose items on your clothes. The wind is so great, Luna has just enough time to reach out and grab Sparkle who is lifted from her shoulders as if by a sudden tornado.

This makes me think of the second boss in the FFXIV dungeon Aurum Vale. ^;3^

I just wanted to share this Ted Talk about Role-playing with you, Gang. I really liked it. It taught me a couple of things. It also made me admire that nerdy introvert who is up there on the stage giving the talk. I think to share of yourself like he does really takes guts. To share of your precious imagination also takes guts. I am so incredibly glad we have that here in RP Nation. Please enjoy this when you can. =)

"Why Dungeons & Dragons is Good for You (In Real Life) | Ethan Gilsdorf | TEDxPiscataquaRiver"

Last edited:
hehehe

I think my favorite class to fight him as is ninja, because I'm dancing all over anyway for the positionals, and just dance out and back in when he swings.

That's one of the reasons I favor ranged classes and healers - there is so much that you don't have to worry about. =)

Yeah, but he likes to paralyze ranged classes, and I hate being paralyzed. :P

That's one of the reasons I favor ranged classes and healers - there is so much that you don't have to worry about. =)
Yeah, but you don’t get the cool mounts hiding at the back of the arena.

Captain Hesperus

There's that. Which one did you get for warrior?

That's okay. When I want to get up close and personal, it's Paladin all the way. =)

(I don't have time or I'd do this right now.) Kaerri Kaerri Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Would one of you please enlighten the others as to what we're talking about?

And hooray! Coincounter finally has more than just a tell! 8D

Coincounter is the second boss of the Final Fantasy 14 Online MMO Dungeon Aurum Vale, which is a level 47 dungeon that syncs higher-level characters to level 49 (i.e. Athe level before they get their really fun spells and skills). Aurum Vale is a well-known and feared dungeon in that it has a very high learning curve and unique design. Many of the rooms in the dungeon feature puddles that deal DoT (damage over time) due to unmitigated poison damage and the very first room is filled with many mobs with either ranged, hard-hitting AoE or otherwise debilitating damage effects. The second boss of Aurum Vale is the aforementioned Coincounter, a cyclops with a large number of untelegraphed (having no visible threat area overlay) attacks which cause either knock-back effects, stuns, paralysis or very heavy Damage to anyone other than a tank (indeed healers can be one-shotted by at least two of his attacks).

Aurum Vape is considered a significant test for healers and tanks, since many of the trash mobs between bosses need to be picked up and aggro managed, while also doing surprisingly high damage for trash.

Captain Hesperus

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

"Divine Mielikki, has our work in the cursed frozen lands of the Maiden of Pain stopped the threat to this land? I know that with the return of the giant Gigas to our world has given the hated one a black eye, but I still fear for our world and our lands from the bridge that the Maiden of Pain had tried to set up."

Heya Gang! Luna brings up an excellent question for which I do not have a clear answer. And here's why.

Sharseya is our sandbox. For the most part, you get to go where you want to do what you want (that is, unless some jerk goddess comes by and kidnaps and curses you all, but stuff like that never happens). =)

I am not certain what all of you want at this stage of the game. Here's what is certain:

1. Kaerri is changing characters.
2. D. Rex is entering the game with a new character, sooner or later.
3. Both Psychie and Cap'n have things they want to do with their characters.
4. I am putting a module together for you.
5. Sherwood retains his title as King Punmeister of RP Nation (just read his Status if you don't believe me! Hah!)

Luna asks, basically, if the Temple of Tapio and Loviatar's second ice bridge is still a thing.

And I wonder, is it?

I've had players in the past choose adventuring directions not out of fun, but out of obligation. I would rather that not happen here. I can take the temple and the ice bridge ideas off of your collective plates if you want me to, or I can make them the main focus of the game, or something in between.

I feel you guys just got heavily-railroaded after what Loviatar just did to you. I feel like I owe you some freedom.

So seriously, if you could take this game in any direction where would you take the Wayward Wanderers?

I'm always down for ruining Loviatar's day, whichever character I'm on. ;) And you know how I feel about being railroaded (I don't mind at all).

Last I heard, we wanted to do a sort of prologue for Kaerri before officially bringing her in? If everyone else wants to deal with the bridge, we can get the prologue going while the main game goes for that. (Or we can do it in our own downtime, that works too.)

Yeah. Kaerri Rainshadow is getting a prologue just like Oreleth did when Psychie joined us. But I can't even begin it until I understand what the main group wants Out-of-Character.

By Bren leaving the Wayward Wanderers, they go without a leader until one is selected. I have a very comfortable "out" for Bren, too. One I think he'll really like.

I am interested in doing something big, a real epic effort that the locals will be talking about for years. I like the idea of doing something to stop Loviatar and the bridge, or something of the same level of importance instead of just wandering idly about and seeing what may come up. Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back