• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fifteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
...wait. 22 dice of damage?!? Good heavens. We need to see this in action!
It gets worse: The spell does 2d6 per caster level. So as I go up it can potentially do a max of 40d6 damage.

On the other topic of swapping characters, while I will miss Bren's calm demeanor and reasonable words, I say if it makes you happy, go for it! It will be interesting to see how she will fit in with the rest of us crazy louts!

Well, one thing that I would enjoy is the chance to see Oreleth going through her paces in combat. IIRC, we only have had one fight, and that was when we were all still trapped in our first level selves. Other than that, I have been very pleased with the direction and pacing of the game so far!

I know, right? I will be using battle maps as needed depending on the combat situation. When you fought the goblins during our Pathfinder 2.0 testing, a battle map was needed. When you took on the golem running loose on the streets of Highwind, you didn't need the map.

Lets see . . . . what else? I am still interested in getting the Songbow either located or built. I'll probably try talking to Oscar about the riddle that was given to me, hoping for another point of view on it.

A very good start - finding a Songbow that's already been finished and not already in someone else's hands is going to be like finding a half-elf Paladin in Sharyseya - good luck with that! However, collecting the materials and having one crafted will be an adventure within an adventure if you like the phrase. =)

At this level, I am not interested in simply beating up a bunch of goblins or some such thing. I am hoping for a good, long term challenging story that will let us explore our characters' abilities, have us working together to make it through the challenge, and be able to upgrade our gear to new levels of awesome!

I am for this. For one thing, for a 12th level team, your gear (as a whole as a team) is sorely lacking. =)

Combat for a wizard, of any level, is a hazard that we try to avoid (being squishy compared to the other characters of the party). But I have some pretty sweet spells that I would enjoy trying out in a fight to see our opponents get fried from (22 dice of damage from Disintegration, anyone?).

Plus, if the creature fails its save and goes below 0 Hit Points (0, not -10 or what have you!), you get to keep their gear! Quite different from 1st Edition D&D! =)

* * *​
Her name is Kaerri, and that's her in my avatar... What do you guys think?
(Ellipsis mine)

This was the character Kaerri was running before she made Bren for D&D 3.0 and she ran in a clever, intrepid, and successful, party until they reached levels beyond the ones you guys and gals have currently earned (or re-earned in some of your cases). Her "avatar" character if you will, Kaerri is not Bren at all but a very fun character altogether. I approached Cap'n some time ago in Conversation and he was O.K. with Kaerri replacing Bren (DM note: I asked as a matter of respect - Oti is the team's Rogue and neither Kaerri the Player or I wanted Kaerri the Character to step on any toes, however stealthily. Cap'n was just fine with it.).

If this change takes place, I want to also make you all aware that you lose your party leader and must select a new one. While the party does not need a party leader for the sake of having one, I have found that it helps a great deal when your DM has to call on someone and ask, "What is the party doing?" Just to put this out there, years ago, I made Bria and Powerpaw the types of people that were either unwilling to lead a party (Bria takes too much time to think and consider, plus she really is a support person by nature) or clearly unqualified to lead (Powerpaw where you'd be fighting just about everything and is also a support person by nature). I'm bringing this up because sometimes I get PCs who enjoy being railroaded and what do you do if no one wants/is desired to lead?

I have one more thing to bring up, but that will come in Conversation. =)

So... Kaerri Kaerri Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie

Kaerri the Player retiring Bren and playing Kaerri the Character? Yes/No/Mebbe/Fuggheddaboudit! =)

Shall I go about getting a module (an adventure that will probably last us at least a year) together, not to play immediately, but something to definitely make happen? That adventure to Tapio's old shrine still stands (and if Bren's not part of that, don't worry! I can find something Bren-like to keep everyone's favorite peacekeeping Paladin happy and adventuring!)? If you don't want a module, then "Free Play" (do as you will) continues!
Do you want a module adventure with free play as the alternative to it? Yes/No/Mebbe/Fuggheddaboudit!

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things (it's almost bedtime). Remind me or bring up things you really want to do! Now is a good time! =)

More votes please? Or risk wandering wherever you go. (See what I did there?) Of course, if that's what you want to do, I've done that before. Just let me know! =)

Yeah, lets do a module. I could see us having fun doing that.

Anyone remember the Barrier Peaks one, where you are romping about inside a crashed alien spaceship? We could come out of that packing some laser rifles!

Having "ancientness" has its benefits as you will one day find out, good Psychie. I'll have your walking cane ready for you when you think it's your turn. As for me, I'm one of those who is doing his utmost never to need a cane but... not all people age gracefully. Especially the youthful ones who, charmed by their own advantages, think they will remain immortal forever.

Hah! =)

I'm going to pull the game forward soon unless someone besides Kaerri wants to post in-game? =)

Okies, it's been nearly a week and one player has posted. I'm moving the story along. Enjoy!

I do not recall if I asked if Luna might know where the Giant used to call home, but with my Lore - Geography (Averlund), is there any chance that Luna knows where he came from?

Not with the information provided so far. The Mad Giant's insane condition has stolen a lot from him and precious details are among the mental casualties. The Wayward Wanderers are going to have to learn more, perhaps from other sources, to narrow it down. Another thought to note is none of you know (including the Mad Giant) just how long he has been a prisoner here in Pohjola. Heck, the guy doesn't even remember his own name!

Looks like most of us voted for the module, so I'll get started on it!

Along with the module, I'll be adding in a few more additions to Shop Talk - call them "quality of life" additions if you like. Things like Small and Medium-sized weapons do the same damage (I think it's one big reasons hardly anyone plays a gnome or hobbit - they do about 20-33% less damage in a fight!) and all playable races have the same movement speed (this is a twist off of the armor-related change I thought of the last time I made changes). Basically, everyone moves at a base speed of 30 feet per round, regardless of armor, unless encumbered or otherwise slowed. I like these changes because they make my DMing life a little simpler while opening up options for my players.

I am also going to add the repeating crossbows (hand, light, and heavy) into the game (stats are right out of the Archives of Nethys found here). Basically, these are crossbows with clips that don't have to be reloaded every round.

I'l post again in a few days if no one takes action in the glade on Pohjola (I'm sure folks are busy right now).

A "cool deal" that I forgot to tag Cap'n?! How could say such a thing?! (Hee hee!) =)

Ha ha ha ha! Takes one to know one, bud! 8D

Psychie Psychie
Oreleth looks at Bren. "I have a feeling that if we were to bring him to the elves, they would be willing to accept the giant as a new neighbor and friend once we explain what he has gone through in his life."

Maybe, maybe not. If you'll recall back to the history I gave you of the Wood Elves and the Wild Elves both inhabiting the Forest Eternal, the arrival of a giant (normally an enemy of decent people) and a crazy one with incredible power at that would be something Oreleth's tribe would have to really sit down and talk about. It would not be an easy sell because with the Wild Elves in the Wood Elves's home, there is now only enough space and resources to pass around. Plus, the xenophobic Wild Elves would probably not take very kindly to a giant (of all things!) roaming around in a forest dedicated to Corellon Larethian and the other Elvish deities.

It would be a hard sell, but Oreleth comes from a merchant family used to bartering. This kind of transaction would just have... far greater consequences and rewards than what normally shows up on a trader's table. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back