• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Fifteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I remember Oti was rewarded by the Daughters of Summertime because his was the hand that freed them. Plus, if memory serves, they felt embarrassed for their having slighted him.

As for Bren, given how long he's been played, it would shock me to the core to find out he only has 3 Signature Abilities. It's got to be 4 by now.

I almost forgot. I'll try to have a post up this Wednesday. =) Right now, I am just taking things one hour at a time. =)

No worries on my part. Take all the time you need.

I will try again today, hopefully tomorrow at the latest. The opening scene is... fun, but I need to work out something important here before I post (because I don't want to screw this scene up. Anything worth doing is worth doing right). Plus, I am involved in Killfire-related things that are an honor to be a part of, but take up time, energy, and emotion nonetheless. =)

Stay safe out there, Gang! =)

Mamapaw's turn. =)

Mamapaw increased her Wisdom to 20.
Her Hit Points grew to 83.
She upped her Skills in Acrobatics and Athletics (from 3 Ranks to 5 each).
Mamapaw's long-awaited (for me anyway) 3rd Signature Ability is called "Melshaef of a Thousand Forms"

SIGNATURE ABILITY #3: Melshaef of the Thousand Forms
Mamapaw's Wild Shape Druid ability has been honed after countless practice. While using Wild Shape, if Mamapaw spends less than 10 minutes in that form, it does not count against her daily uses of Wild Shape. This ability may be used once every 20 minutes.

Her Wild Shape can now be used 4/day (or more if she sticks to 10 minutes or less).
Her Base Attack jumped up by +1.
Her Fortitude and Will Saves also hopped up by +1.
Her 4th and 5th level Spells Per Day increased by 1, too. =)

This but Felane instead of Guild Wars Charr and with blood red eyes like Powerpaw's. No bow. =)
Charr Ranger at Pinterest dot com.jpg
(Image credit: Pinterest.com)

Last edited:
Just so folks unda'stand, I sent Psychie a Conversation involving Count Barathus and gave her the option of whether or not to share it with the rest of you. Big surprise! She shared with you! =)

So is Sherwood. No wonder you two have gotten along so well over the years. =)

Count Barathus, the missing merchant-adventurer long thought dead to everyone on Sharseya, was now on his way to return to his home. Tarros, this brazen Neutral-minded barbarian from the Frozen North, would act the count's protector. That she could handle.

Okay, I realize after re-reading this that it can be taken two different ways. And I screwed up. =)

Barathus, Tarros, and the Count's staff on their way back to Summerset courtesy of following you out of Pohjola. They are still with your group, hence the good count giving a little something special to Oreleth for her earlier idea with the Mad Giant.

Sparkle is thinking, I think the correct word is, abstractly. My bad! I will edit this properly when I can. Sorry about that!

Oh, OK. I thought Barathus had called Oreleth aside and then he and Tarros and his staff went their own way. I'll edit Bren's post now.

Is anyone else able to post or should I continue moving the story onward?

I will try to do so tonight or tomorrow soonish.

Just a quick clarification. Are we all still in kitty form? I recall that it was a transformation that was reversible at a time of our choosing.

Well, unless removing the last part of the curse on us also changed us back, we should still be fuzzy goofs, just like the big guy.

Psychie Psychie Your characters remain blessed by Bast for reasons perhaps only the Egyptian Cat Goddess could tell you. =)

Thank you for being so interested in such things! =)

SHARSEYA! YES! HARD MOUNTAIN! SINGING CHILDREN! GREEN FOREST! CLEAR STREAMS! THAT IS HOME!
Granted that the description is a little vague, but can Bren make a Nature roll to see he knows of a place that would match it? (Pathfinder 2E skill description says that geography falls under Nature.)

There is not enough information for a roll just yet. Bren needs more (Moooooar!!"). It could be a number of places on the plane of Sharseya, many of which Bren has visited and learned of and still more that he hasn't.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus (Tag!) Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Heya Gang! I've got some Dungeon Master thoughts to share with you here. =)

In the short run.
The ball is pretty much in the Wayward Wanderers' court at the moment when it comes to what to do with the Mad Giant and the dilemma that's been presented. It seems to me that the party is all in favor of getting him home (to wherever home is - it certainly doesn't seem like Pohjola). Somewhere deep in the heart of the Mad Giant, he is incredibly-appreciative and stunned by the Wayward Wanderers goodness and willingness to act on it - now if only he wasn't so insane that he could put those feelings into words! Whatever you plan to do, just getting him out of Pohjola will be one way of sticking a needle into Loviatar's bum (she wants to keep him on Pohjola, if the Mad Giant's ravings are to be believed).

What are your thoughts?

Your characters need to train for 12th level in-character, but I don't recommend that take place here on Pohjola for reasons you might guess on your own (perhaps discuss that amongst yourselves?).

In the not-so-short run.
The Dungeons of Castle Anguish is an adventure that, for reasons I can get into if you like, won't be taking place as I thought they would be. Oh well! The important part is that the game remains true - which it is! What is going on now is what should happen given the circumstances - I am content. That was going to be your first dungeon in our long-running game. Since it's not (and the Mad Giant knows why so feel free to ask him), I've decided to be open to the idea of running an entire module (series of adventures in a storyline). But what I really want to know is...

"Are You Gonna Go My Way" by Lenny Kravitz (with those lyrics, "What I really want to know is. This sidetracking hyperactive moment brought to you by Dann!).

O.K., what I really want to know is - what do all of you want to do? Sharseya is my "open world sandbox." You tell me what you want; I try to make it happen. I get the feeling everyone is in the mood for some combat (I certainly am! It's been too long). However, Sharseya is a big world with lots of directions to go into. I've been running it now for 20 years - I'm confident I can handle just about any reasonable request you gals and guys may have.

So toss your ideas on the table here! Does a module sound exciting? Would you rather do something else entirely? Do you want me to tie both ideas together or go with some kind of adventure that you make happen on your own? What do you want to do (and don't hold back here - Psychie, if Oreleth wants to go after her Soulsinger bow or wait on it or whatever, this is the time to say it!)?

*Keeps jamming to Lenny Kravitz.* =)

"Low" by Lenny Kravitz. Such a smooth song to groove to. =)

Well, one thing that I would enjoy is the chance to see Oreleth going through her paces in combat. IIRC, we only have had one fight, and that was when we were all still trapped in our first level selves. Other than that, I have been very pleased with the direction and pacing of the game so far!

Lets see . . . . what else? I am still interested in getting the Songbow either located or built. I'll probably try talking to Oscar about the riddle that was given to me, hoping for another point of view on it.

At this level, I am not interested in simply beating up a bunch of goblins or some such thing. I am hoping for a good, long term challenging story that will let us explore our characters' abilities, have us working together to make it through the challenge, and be able to upgrade our gear to new levels of awesome!

Combat for a wizard, of any level, is a hazard that we try to avoid (being squishy compared to the other characters of the party). But I have some pretty sweet spells that I would enjoy trying out in a fight to see our opponents get fried from (22 dice of damage from Disintegration, anyone?).

Some upgrades of our gear would be sweet, but not required.

I like what Psychie has listed in her desire for a cool quest that will be a challenge for characters of our level.

I like all of the above too. (But you know me, I'm happy with being railroaded any day!) I suppose Bren can take the "blame" for most of the lack of combat lately ^;3^ but it's just how he is! However, that leads me to...

The biggest change I'm considering, as this seems a good time to bring it up to the group. I'd actually like to switch characters again, and I'd like everyone's thoughts if you have any. This would be to an older character (in terms of creation date, not IC years) even than Bren, and Dannigan has said that since she's close enough to everyone else's level to retain her current one (14), she would also be keeping all her Sharseyan-earned gear (and there's rather a lot of it). While this means that she's much less likely to want a share in what the party gets over the course of our next adventure or three, it also means that she's going to look overgeared compared to rest of the party. (I don't think she is overgeared, but she's been adventuring for a rather long time and has a habit of picking things up everywhere she goes.) She's one of my favorites, and if we'd been able to locate her character sheet when Sharseya first started on RpN, I might well have been playing her from the beginning. (Unfortunately stealth is a specialty of hers, and her notebook, including character sheet, vanished during a move and we only located it fairly recently.) Her name is Kaerri, and that's her in my avatar. She's a half-elf rogue/shadowdancer, focused mainly around the skills of stealth, perception, and getting past traps, but of course personality-wise she's her own person and not a copy of the half-elf rogue we already have in the party. I can change the spelling of her in-game name to something else, if that becomes confusing? She isn't me, although we have a lot in common -- I've just taken on her name for my gaming identity. It's undergone several spelling changes over the years so one more (or a revert) isn't a problem. What do you guys think?

...wait. 22 dice of damage?!? Good heavens. We need to see this in action!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back