• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Eighteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer went down earlier this week and I don't yet know how soon it will be back. I don't like writing RP posts on phone, so I'll likely be silent until I've got a working computer again, but if I'm needed for anything, please tag me and I'll try for at least a couple lines.

My computer went down earlier this week and I don't yet know how soon it will be back. I don't like writing RP posts on phone, so I'll likely be silent until I've got a working computer again, but if I'm needed for anything, please tag me and I'll try for at least a couple lines.
Sorry to hear. Hope things get sorted soon.

I'll take that as a compliment! 8D
It's meant to be. I once had to deal with someone who decided to break off all contact with me without saying a word, all because they'd misinterpreted my suggestion that they try sharing a PDF with me on Discord as an attempt to get on a private Discord server of theirs. The way they reacted a couple of months ago over my autistic brain not being able to figure things out...let's just say that I'm still dealing with the mental scars.

jaydude jaydude

Baaaarf! That's not good at all and as somebody likely on that spectrum, allow me to apologize for their bad behavior.

I'd like to reply to this but not where it can be seen in public and possibly misconstrued. I'll contact you in Conversation? =)

jaydude jaydude

Baaaarf! That's not good at all and as somebody likely on that spectrum, allow me to apologize for their bad behavior.

I'd like to reply to this but not where it can be seen in public and possibly misconstrued. I'll contact you in Conversation? =)
Sure, if you like.

My apologies for my absence, but between work and a rising sense of apathy that I’ve been unable to fight, I’ve been neglectful. Please except my in-game post by way of apology.

Captain Hesperus

My apologies for my absence, but between work and a rising sense of apathy that I’ve been unable to fight, I’ve been neglectful. Please except my in-game post by way of apology.

Captain Hesperus
No worries. No need to apologise for having it rough.

Captain Hesperus
It's all right, Cap'n! My games are your safe haven and I know sometimes your Real Life interferes with your gaming life. Since Real Life Always Comes First, I don't worry when you're unable to post. I feel you will when you can (and I always look forward to your posts because you put such life into your characters)!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Captain Hesperus
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus If you want to chat in Conversation about it, let me know? I will listen and not share (as usual to anyone I make this offer to). Loves our Cap'n! =)

Sorry about the delay with my posting. Not only am I distracted with one of Sherwood's games (woo!), I was not expecting anyone to go find the Bria. While I know what she is up to (and why she is neither with the party at the moment nor outside with Stewart who is flying the Wayward Wagon nor inside the kitchen with Lady Beatrice and crew), I am having trouble creating the scene as I see it in my head.

Persistence! I'll keep at it! Until then, enjoy this really cool Tunic music? =)

"TUNIC (Original Soundtrack) - 24 Forget to Forget / Lifeformed × Janice Kwan"

Gang! Warning! Incoming silliness! Do NOT have any food or drink in your mouth when you see this! You hear me?! 8D

7f7086.jpg
(Image credit: imgflip.com)

Dare I ask where you got that mimic idea from?
Me?! I can't take credit for it! I did not make this meme. =) I am a proud Brony (with Pinkie Pie as my favorite Pony!)!

Per Oxford English Dictionary,

"a man who is a fan of the My Little Pony television program and range of toys."

happy pinkie pie GIF by My Little Pony: The Movie

Pinkie Pie! She is the most ADHD pony EVAAAAAR! 8D
bouncing my little pony GIF

For years, I have been a member of their Discord channel, Poniverse, where I get my best and funniest memes, including the one about the Mimic! 8D

Pinky Pie is awesome, and so is her sister, Maude, the geologist. Yes, Maude Pie is a geologist. Another pun that many of the kids will miss.

Psychie Psychie Sorry to have to call on you for both of my games, but I don't see any direction without the party leader here.

What is it you want the Wayward Wanderers to be doing? (Besides behaving!) =)

Once the cheese is well underway, Kaerri can return to the main room. Sorry for being gone so long, I didn't think it would take much time (and I suppose ingame it hasn't, just a few posts, it's the out-of-game time that feels long).

Since I haven't been taking part ICly in the conversation, here's my thoughts OOCly:

Remember that the Storm Lords are
A) not Storm Giants such as are normally found in Sharseya, they're giants in a group with "storm" in the name (and probably from another plane, at that)
B) not actually Loviatar's minions, just under contract, as it were. And the contract is now done. So while they may well move on to other mischief, we shouldn't assume it's Loviatar's mischief.

As far as getting more power to take them on, if we so choose, one thing no one's mentioned yet is getting ourselves more powerful. By which I mean, better gear, better teamwork (remember, in game terms we've only just met Aldrin and Alisa, and Kaerri's been with the group maybe 48 hours, if that?), and maybe more levels.

Frankly, that's what we need anyway. So my suggestion is to return to Highwind (further suggestion: park at the Mielikkian temple, not just because they have room, but because they can help with the 50+ kobolds we now have with us), see if all's ready for us to take out the bridge (though... I'm not sure we are ready, as I mentioned), and if not, find a good ol' adventuring task to get our characters used to working together.

Sounds like a good plan, that is, these one where we go back to Highwind with our passengers and drop them off, making sure that they are all ok before we leave.

If there was a way to whittle down the numbers of these giants I would be all over the idea of taking them out. Right now we just don't have the funds to buy better gear, and we really need that in order to get one up on them.

Sounds like a good plan, that is, these one where we go back to Highwind with our passengers and drop them off, making sure that they are all ok before we leave.
Psychie Psychie So (if you don't mind my use of the old word), is this your declaration? Is this what you want the Wayward Wanderers to be doing? Going to Highwind to Earth-home for the sake of the Kobold tribe?

And... I finally caught up with reading. One question: Would Aldrin be familiar with the 'bridge' that's been talked about, or is that just insider knowledge of the Wanderers?

Also: Once the group splits up, I'd like to fire off a few spells that take a few minutes to an hour - hard to use those mid-conversation. Just so you know, Dann!

Also: Once the group splits up, I'd like to fire off a few spells that take a few minutes to an hour - hard to use those mid-conversation. Just so you know, Dann!
I appreciate the heads-up!

1. The group is splitting up? Do you mean when the Wayward Wanderers and the tribe part? There.... might be a speedbump there (I plan on posting later today).

2. Which spells?

3. I appreciate you letting me know, Sil! Good to see you (and Aldrin) again! =)

1. The group is splitting up? Do you mean when the Wayward Wanderers and the tribe part? There.... might be a speedbump there (I plan on posting later today).
As soon as everyone goes to do their own thing - right now, most are still gathered to do the planning, so I don't want to leave yet.
2. Which spells?
Divination and/or scrying, knowing more seems to be a good plan right now.
3. I appreciate you letting me know, Sil! Good to see you (and Aldrin) again! =)
It's a start, at least - Broadsword is more complicated right now, so I figured I start over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back