• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Eighteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya Gang!

I hope to move both games ahead within the next 24 hours (world willing). Hope you're staying safe and sharing what makes you happy! =)

It's been a while since I was last here, but wasn't the plan to collapse the cave entrance in an attempt to trap the Storm Giants? Also, did the Wayward Wagon go missing at some point, or did I just miss something?

I had personally forgotten about trying to drop the cave down on them. We can probably do that still with the firepower of our spells.

The Wagon had taken off and Oreleth had to signal them with a mirror to let them know to come down and land.

The weakness we spotted was deeper inside if I recall correctly - where Aldrin waited. I figured we abandoned the plan when we partially retreated back to the entrance, and I doubt it's worth to go back. Too much risk to find the fight that we decided to avoid, I'd say.

Merry Christmas everyone! Whatever you do or don't celebrate, have a safe and great time, willya? =)

Heya Gang! I hope to post within the 24 hours. Stay safe and healthy! =)

"Oh, we will be encountering you again, if you're working for Lovitair." Alisa said once the Storm Giants were done speaking. Not that she expected them to be able to hear her, of course. "My only regret is that I didn't get to end at least one of you in those caves..."
jaydude jaydude Hey, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Alisa didn't like the Storm Lords.

Can't imagine why! Ha ha! Go Alisa! =)

jaydude jaydude Hey, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Alisa didn't like the Storm Lords.

Can't imagine why! Ha ha! Go Alisa! =)
I mean, I've probably said something to this effect ages ago, but I'm playing Alisa as someone who takes her commitment to her goddess very seriously.

Hey y'all,
Remember this post: At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Sixteen ? Well, I'm still waiting for those dice. The excuse this time is the impending Chinese New Year is likely to have an impact on completion of the packing and shipping. Just a heads up, never be fooled into backing a crowdfunded project by these clowns. In fact, I'd avoid their products unless you're buying them from your FLGS.

I dunno, man, I just wanted some cool ass dice. Is that too much to ask for?

Captain Hesperus

Hey y'all,
Remember this post: At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Sixteen ? Well, I'm still waiting for those dice. The excuse this time is the impending Chinese New Year is likely to have an impact on completion of the packing and shipping. Just a heads up, never be fooled into backing a crowdfunded project by these clowns. In fact, I'd avoid their products unless you're buying them from your FLGS.

Captain Hesperus
Sorry to hear you're not getting a good roll of the dice, so to speak. Hope things work out for you.

Ouch. Any chance of getting your money back? (I don't fully understand how crowdfunding works in these situations.)

Hey y'all,

Captain Hesperus
That's nuts! That's almost two years ago!

I wish you were in our neck of the woods, Cap'n - I know of at least two places that are both cool and sell killer dice! =)

I know, there's just been excuse after excuse:
"The resin pouring process wasn't top quality..."
"The edge formation wasn't uniform across castings..."
"The resin was becoming cloudy after exposure to sunlight..."
"There's been delays due to the pandemic..." (That one's reasonable)
"Christmas and New Year have slowed production..."
"The supplier of the outer packaging has not been able to keep up demand..."
and now, "The Chinese New Year is going do delay our suppliers and distributers..."

These guys should be in politics, the amount of shills that are backing them up. This is on top of their previous promises that the reneged on. The original backers who backed the KS within 48 hours would receive not only their (hideously over-priced) dice set, but an additional Chromatic Dragon D20. This promised Chromatic D20 was then awarded to ALL backers if their pledges took the KS over $1mil. No review of what they had promised the original backers who actually got the kickstater off the ground. And they still keep reeling off the excuses, without any sort of timeline, to this day. At this rate, I'll have my daughter inherit the dice in my will and she can chase the creators.

Captain Hesperus

and now, "The Chinese New Year is going do delay our suppliers and distributers..."

These guys should be in politics, the amount of shills that are backing them up. This is on top of their previous promises that the reneged on. The original backers who backed the KS within 48 hours would receive not only their (hideously over-priced) dice set, but an additional Chromatic Dragon D20. This promised Chromatic D20 was then awarded to ALL backers if their pledges took the KS over $1mil. No review of what they had promised the original backers who actually got the kickstater off the ground. And they still keep reeling off the excuses, without any sort of timeline, to this day. At this rate, I'll have my daughter inherit the dice in my will and she can chase the creators.

Captain Hesperus
Wow. And I thought I'd been dealing with problematic people over the course of this week.

Captain Hesperus
I can't help but feel Star Citizen vibes here. "We're still in Alpha improving the game (10 years and over 500 million dollars later, I don't think these jack-a-derps are ever going to release Star Citizen because they're making far, far more money with it in Alpha)." I just hope that's not a similar case with your dice.

Either that or it's, "Oh, you'll get your dice; you'll just be too old to roll them by then. Sorry 'bout that!" =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus I will (continue to) follow advice like yours, dear Cap'n; I don't do Kickstarters with Asian companies. Especially after what happened to Palladium with their Robotech kickstarter and license (I believe this article was put out just before they lost the Harmony Gold license they'd held for over 25 years). Listening to Palladium's side of things (Kevin Seimbeida's, specifically), they were screwed by the Asian company they'd bought into. I've been following Palladium for decades and I've never caught Seimbeida in a lie. They're my favorite gaming company too (unlike Wizards of the Coast with their latest fiasco).

Blargh!

Is there some way I can help you get some different dice, Cap'n?

It's okay, I'm just having a rant. I'll just support my FLGS (they've had a dry couple of months with the extreme fuel and cost of living crises over here, but they are starting to claw their way back up) and get my random number generators there. Besides, whenever I go in there, there's dogs. I like dogs.

Captain Hesperus

Westminster Dog Show Love GIF by Westminster Kennel Club

=)

For me, it's not a matter of wanting to do it, but of being able to - and that's not really reliable at the moment at all. Feel free to move things forward, and I'll jump right in when I break through whatever's between me and my fun at the moment.

For me, it's not a matter of wanting to do it, but of being able to - and that's not really reliable at the moment at all. Feel free to move things forward, and I'll jump right in when I break through whatever's between me and my fun at the moment.
Okay, dear Sil!

You let me know if I can lend a hand in here somehow. Even if it's just chatting about the game here in OOC or in Conversation, I love talking gaming (including the current Wizards of the Coast OGL craziness), just hit me up, good buddy! =)

O.K.! I hope to post here and in Broadsword within the next day or so. Stay safe and warm, you guys and gals! =)

Hey, Gang!

I have been training people in Real Life and when that takes place, I can play as a Player, but the games I run are hard to write. My brain's tired if you can't tell! Hah!

I will post in both games when able. Please stay safe and healthy! =)

Going to be out of the country on holiday for most of next week, and I don't see myself being able to post during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back