• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Eighteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my vacation is almost over. Getting ready to go to the airport for a late-evening flight back to Vegas from Richmond tonight at 8pm. Hopefully I'll have a smooth flight and a quick recovery from the jet lag tomorrow.

Remember to bring something to chew on if you're one of those who have high-altitude pressure issues. =)

If there are anything the Wayward Wanderers want to do while Kaerri is scouting, say the word! =)

"I'm a hunter. I'm used to being quiet." Alisa whispered to Oreleth from the back of the group, following her example and keeping an arrow nocked on her bow.
And one of these days, we'll even get this bow of Alisa's figured out! =)

It's crazy. I had the battle-stag all figured out in less than a day. But ask me to do a Mielikkian short-bow and it takes me months. =)

lol I know the feeling. Some projects are just harder to tackle than others.

Heya Gang! I hope to post in both games within 24 hours from now. But first... sleep. =)

Sleepy Good Night GIF

Gang. And I think my brain is done for the night. My ADHD has served another headache (can you tell by the writing? Some of it I "penned" and left in My Private Workshop and other words I tried to write tonight - forgive any goofs on my part if you please!). But I wanted to write something and not just leave another day empty of roleplaying, Real Life or no. Oof. =)

I'll try Broadsword sometime tomorrow.

Heya Gang! A couple of updates here. Aldrin Whitehair as played by everyone's favorite Silly Sil will be joining you probably within the next week. Be ready. =)

"Brothertiger - Shallow (Official Audio)" "Right on target" indeed. =)

Also, jaydude jaydude I'd like to start getting closer to pinning Alisa's bow down here. In some of Finnish Lore, there is the idea that some items when created, have desires of their own (some evil, which are destroyed). But most of the time, weapons are just powerful items mainly there to greaten the legend of its user. The great god Ukko shooting thunderbolts from his bow comes to mind.

Given that Alisa's life has long been dedicated to Mielikki, I can only be brought toward legends of the Maiden of the Forest and Huntress of Small Game. I like the idea of the bow having its normal (Pathfinder-given) powers along with a couple of additional benefits befitting a Mielikkian. Like... as long as its wielder praises Mielikki and takes action to care for the wood, they will never grow hungry or thirsty as the bow will help them find small game to eat and sources of water to quench one's thirst in. Or perhaps the bow will never harm one true to Mielikki (which could lead to some neat roleplaying situations, don't you think?). Perhaps one can use twigs made of deadwood that once touched to the bowstring become arrows making the weapon very effective during woodland encounters?

I would rather such benefits not be mechanical in nature (+1 to Perception checks, etc.), but mystical in a deeper sense. Like maybe if Mielikki is earnestly prayed to with this bow in hand, the prayer-giver will be directed into such a path that will benefit the woodlands (and perhaps not without danger to the owner of the bow, so be warned)?

Just playing "What If?" =)

Heya Gang! A couple of updates here. Aldrin Whitehair as played by everyone's favorite Silly Sil will be joining you probably within the next week. Be ready. =)
I'm looking forward to it! Just stay alive, folks, a seer and healer is on the way - don't ya dare to die before I get to roll some dice =)

Heya Gang!

If I'm reading this right, I think Kaerri Kaerri is up to post next before we move on, something she's aware of and will get to when Real Life allows. =)

Gotta say, I was a little hyped when I saw that post yesterday - looking forward to where this leads us, folks, happy to be a part of it!

Silanon Silanon

Hunger. Of course there is hunger as he awakens. But it's not the same, mundane hunger that most of his kind worry about - the hunger of a missed meal or two. Well, not only that hunger, at the very least. No, this is more than that. The hunger for purpose that he seems to have, but could not name, at this point. And, more relevant in this immediate moment, the hunger for answers to too many open questions. The rumors? Strange. Getting lost like that? Stranger still, though not as uncommon as for most of his folks. Be on the road long and often enough, and those kind of things will eventually happen. Especially if fate finds a liking to intervene - and well, it does that quite often, in his case. It goes both ways. He changes the fates of others, where he can. And in turn, his own fate turns and twists towards the closest danger. Or that's what it feels like, from time to time. Like last night, or whenever-it-was. Hard to tell, in here. And now. There's a part missing, and his head reminds him why. Damn pain. But it could be worse. A lot worse, from what little he recalls. If the kobolds that found him were weird, and unexpected - then what the hell was it that followed? Without warning, nonetheless; he is not one to get caught off-guard easily, especially not when danger is headed his way. But whatever happened - it came out of nowhere, for him...

But enough. This white-haired head does not like this pondering and wondering. Overwhelmed by pain, and irritation, and the whole mess, it seeks simplicity. It will find answers, given time, and time comes, most importantly, with survival. He tries to calm himself, to focus. On the voices. Can he understand more, or at least guess how close they are? He is gifted in different ways, and some of those gifts require words. If they are close enough to hear, then he might as well call forth the gauntlet's light and hope that they are either friendly, or cursed with blindness. If they are farther away though, and simply speak loudly - then there might be safer options, potentially.

This is utterly fabulous! Between Shaona, Eron, and Ylva, of all the characters you've played in games I've been a part of, I think this is the best introductory you have ever presented. Reading this (and-rereading this) is a joy! Aldrin's introspections are philosophical, relatable, telling, and quite thoughtful. It really captures the notion of a most-unusual hobbit in the most-unusual of circumstances!

Well done, Sil!

Heya Gang!

Anyone else have anything to add before I post next?

Can't really think of anything. Work and heat have both been massive drains.

I do believe that the ball is in your court, sir. Lets see what happens next!

Yup. I do believe that we are ready to see what the giants do when Kaerri goes to investigate them.

Yup. I do believe that we are ready to see what the giants do when Kaerri goes to investigate them.
Psychie Psychie O.K.. So... Per the Party Leader here, Kaerri is going alone to parlay with the giants?

What will the other Wayward Wanderers do in the meantime?

I shall remain terribly stuck in my hole.
You think so, huh? =) Dear wonderful Sil, I didn't bring you into our game just so your character could live it out stuck in a hole the entire time.

Heh... heh... heh... =)

What will the other Wayward Wanderers do in the meantime?
Can't really think. Maybe it's because of the headache, but tbh I haven't really had too much to do with Alisa since entering the cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back