• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Eighteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silanon Silanon I do want to hand out another friendly word of advice though (your being new to Sharseya and all). I mean this in the best, most-friendliest way: =)

If Aldrin senses Otirin, Alisa, and Kaerri all running for their lives? I think Aldrin had better cast one spell maximum, use his Boots of Striding and Springing to run like heck too, and don't look back when everyone books it out of there. I'm just going to make this clear for the sake of fun and fairness here - I don't believe there is anything any single one of your characters possesses that is going to stop 14 pissed off Storm Lords with King Thund'rous at their head. =)

Delay? For maybe 1 round (6 seconds)? Maybe. Stop? All 14 of them? No way. No Wall of Stone spell is going to do that and I can't think of anything else Aldrin's packing that will. Maybe later down the road, but not today. =)

I don't mind being wrong, and maybe I am; I just want to tell you guys straight up what I'm seeing. If the rescue goes sideways, don't try to stay and pull a Gandalf the Gray on the Bridge of Khazad-dum in Moria here or I imagine you'll be rolling a new character. And who wants that, right? =)

Again, I mean it in the best way, friends! I can't be that Dungeon Master that just waves off the danger during something like this and says, "Oh yeah! Go for it! You'll be fine!" I'm just not made that way! I just love you guys and gals too much not to put out a warning like this. Ha ha! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Fair advice, and I'm aware of that. It's just that I don't think it does us much good to have Aldrin out of reach. Life as a support is dangerous, I reckon.

Will properly reply (here and elsewhere) later today or tomorrow. Out most of the weekend and not feeling well besides.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri jaydude jaydude meanwhile the "Triple Trouble Team" has the kobolds they want to rescue in sight.

However, what do the three of you do? How do you go about getting these three bound kobolds out of here while the Storm Lords have their backs turned playing whatever game they're playing?

Given what you said earlier, if we all go, we'd be making three sets of three rolls to sneak up, free the kobolds and then sneak away. That's nine chances to fail and (presumably) alert the Storm Lords to our presence. So I say we send only a single person to actually approach the kobolds and free them. Preferably Kaerri, since she seems to be the one with the best stealth bonus.

I also suggest that she try and alert the kobolds to her presence from a distance before actually trying to untie them, perhaps by throwing a couple of small stones. By doing this from a distance, she cuts down on the risk of being spotted by the Storm Lords if the kobolds catch their attention.
My thoughts:
- First, if these kobolds are in the same state the ones in the village are, just getting them moving could be a trial. Tossing them over our shoulders may be best. If that's the case, then Kaerri will be making several stealth rolls herself (since I don't think she can carry two at a time, much less all three). Also the back-and-forth will take time, and I'd as soon cut down on the time we spend here.
- On the other hand, their being bound rather suggests they aren't quite in that state. The ones in the village weren't bound, just sitting in a circle drawn in the dirt. We can maybe look on these ones' being tied up as a positive sign, then.
- So, how's about Kaerri sneaks up, makes them aware of her presence (I'd rather do that closer than farther, or by visuals - less sound for the giants to overhear), tells them their buddies are already free (which is the actual truth, but she doesn't know that -- but she's got a good Deception bonus too), and hopefully convinces them to go with her as she unties them. If they aren't able to be convinced out of lethargy, she can wave Otiorin and Alisa over to help carry.
- Further thought - A different hand signal for Otiorin to go all dragon-y, visually speaking. If they know we have Charmsring's descendant on our side, that may help with the persuading.

I was thinking, rather than showing my hand early by showing draconic features, I could handle one of the medallions these Kobolds all seem to have. Nitwit's medallion reacted to me just by proximity, so the thinking would be that those held by these Kobolds would react just as his did.

Captain Hesperus

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus That would be good, but would also require Otiorin to approach (and make stealth checks) along with Kaerri. I don't object, just pointing it out. Shall the two of us sneak up then and try our persuading? Alisa might well come too at that point, unless jaydude jaydude would rather save the dice rolls until they're needed.

Also, Purr Purr , I've been holding off posting because I've been waiting to know what we're doing, not because I've forgotten. ^3^

The tag in the IC thread felt like a reminder, is all. I'll get a post up when I feel like we've got enough of a consensus to take action.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus That would be good, but would also require Otiorin to approach (and make stealth checks) along with Kaerri. I don't object, just pointing it out. Shall the two of us sneak up then and try our persuading? Alisa might well come too at that point, unless jaydude jaydude would rather save the dice rolls until they're needed.
Suits me just fine.

Captain Hesperus

My thoughts:
- First, if these kobolds are in the same state the ones in the village are, just getting them moving could be a trial. Tossing them over our shoulders may be best. If that's the case, then Kaerri will be making several stealth rolls herself (since I don't think she can carry two at a time, much less all three). Also the back-and-forth will take time, and I'd as soon cut down on the time we spend here.
- On the other hand, their being bound rather suggests they aren't quite in that state. The ones in the village weren't bound, just sitting in a circle drawn in the dirt. We can maybe look on these ones' being tied up as a positive sign, then.
- So, how's about Kaerri sneaks up, makes them aware of her presence (I'd rather do that closer than farther, or by visuals - less sound for the giants to overhear), tells them their buddies are already free (which is the actual truth, but she doesn't know that -- but she's got a good Deception bonus too), and hopefully convinces them to go with her as she unties them. If they aren't able to be convinced out of lethargy, she can wave Otiorin and Alisa over to help carry.
- Further thought - A different hand signal for Otiorin to go all dragon-y, visually speaking. If they know we have Charmsring's descendant on our side, that may help with the persuading.
Yeah, if we can't get the kobolds to move under their own power, I say we go with this.

Kaerri Kaerri

"Me too," Kaerri says to Mamapaw, accepting all the blessings and buffs anyone wants to give. The more the merrier in a task like this. She nods at Aldrin, appreciating the helpful thought but hoping it won't be necessary.
The three of you find yourselves at the spot where Kaerri first saw the giants - and it is quite obvious she made no exaggerations.

Kaerri is not with Mamapaw to participate in that conversation. Since Mamapaw's departure from Aldrin just now, the team is now in three places:

The Rescue Team (Alisa, Otiorin, Kaerri) are near the trio of kobolds right around the corner from the Storm Lords.

The remainder of the team are heading toward the entrance with Oreleth sans Aldrin.

Aldrin is staying at a spot between both teams not far from the weak spot in the ceiling the Wayward Wanderers found earlier.

I had typed my post for the time before everyone split up, but OK. I guess things moved on IC while we were discussing OOC.

Just ignore what doesn't fit, I don't even know how to edit it at this point.

Kaerri Kaerri Okies!

Edit: Just the conversation between Mamapaw and Aldrin. Everything else is great. =)

I never intended to be part of that. That part of the post was meant to be before the party split, like I said Which is a very fuzzy point in time to me now. I don't know who was where, when.

If Kaerri isn't to know Aldrin stayed, fine, I'll erase that line. I only added it because if she saw him, she'd have known. She can be blind to it if that's what you want.

If Kaerri is to ignore Mamapaw's offer entirely, seems rude but OK, I'll erase that entire paragraph.

"Me too," Kaerri says to Mamapaw, accepting all the blessings and buffs anyone wants to give. The more the merrier in a task like this. She nods at Aldrin, appreciating the helpful thought but hoping it won't be necessary.

Then she turns to Otiorin and Alisa, her partners in sneaky for the time being.
I never intended to be part of that. That part of the post was meant to be before the party split, like I said Which is a very fuzzy point in time to me now. I don't know who was where, when.

Sorry for the confusion. I missed where it was stated that Kaerri Rainshadow said this earlier.

Concerning Mamapaw's Pass Without Trace Spell, anyone in the party who wants it cast on them has it. Mamapaw is able to cast it upon everyone in the fellowship (basically, tell me if your Character doesn't want this Spell cast upon them? Otherwise I'll just go and say your Characters are benefitting from its magic for the next 11 hours).

The Rescue Team were the first to get Mamapaw's offer for the Spell, then they departed to where they are now (near the kobolds). Oreleth and the remainder of the Wayward Wanderers moved toward the entrance of the cave per the declaration of the Party Leader. Aldrin elected to stay where he was. He and Mamapaw had a brief chat and Mamapaw is now following Oreleth to the entrance.

I will roll Kaerri Rainshadow's attempt to use Stealth (and move silently, not invisibly) and post the results in our next in-game scene after we learn what Otiorin is up to. Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Please let me know what Skills or other things Oti would like to use.

While he waits, I'd like Aldrin to find a spot where (in order of priority) :
- His wall of stone can make the path unpassable for giants
- it can block off any kind of airflow to stop the leader's wind stuff
- preferably underneath the collapsible part so that the giants might bury themselves by accident if careless.

Is that possible?

By the way, I'm not trying to undermining the party leader's authority here, it's just that Aldrin has, at this point, no reason to follow a stranger's decision if he thinks that something else works out better.

While he waits, I'd like Aldrin to find a spot where (in order of priority) :
- His wall of stone can make the path unpassable for giants
- it can block off any kind of airflow to stop the leader's wind stuff
- preferably underneath the collapsible part so that the giants might bury themselves by accident if careless.

Is that possible?
1. That's no problem at all.
2. Also easily done.
3. The "weak spot" is best described as a crack in the ceiling that, if compromised, might cause a cave-in. Of what size or length or providing what result? Who knows? The Storm Lords will have to be extremely careless to bury themselves given the current situation though.

I just want to repeat this quote to keep things nice and clear, friends!
If Aldrin senses Otirin, Alisa, and Kaerri all running for their lives? I think Aldrin had better cast one spell maximum, use his Boots of Striding and Springing to run like heck too, and don't look back when everyone books it out of there. I'm just going to make this clear for the sake of fun and fairness here - I don't believe there is anything any single one of your characters possesses that is going to stop 14 pissed off Storm Lords with King Thund'rous at their head. =)

* * *​

By the way, I'm not trying to undermining the party leader's authority here, it's just that Aldrin has, at this point, no reason to follow a stranger's decision if he thinks that something else works out better.
Silanon Silanon Never thought you were. =) This is part of the beauty of roleplaying; each of us creates characters and if any of them are going to be worth a darn, they must be true. Every character in both of the games I'm running are true. Aldrin is simply being Aldrin. =)

3. The "weak spot" is best described as a crack in the ceiling that, if compromised, might cause a cave-in. Of what size or length or providing what result? Who knows? The Storm Lords will have to be extremely careless to bury themselves given the current situation though.
Gotcha, it's mostly an afterthought, really - might as well place it next to the crack, natural ones happen. I might as well reposition so that he's as close to the exit as possible while being able to cast the wall there. He does have shorter legs. Considered undonning the breastplate, actually, just for the speed...

Sorry for being so confused. I suspect part of it is because you moved us down the corridor rather than us stating we left. With no memory of posting Kaerri leaving the group, by the time I knew what I wanted her to do I had also forgotten that she wasn't where I had left her in my last post.

Also completely forgot any sort of reaction to Wave and Eris but at this point I think I had better just stick to the present time and leave the past alone.

Sorry for being so confused. I suspect part of it is because you moved us down the corridor rather than us stating we left. With no memory of posting Kaerri leaving the group, by the time I knew what I wanted her to do I had also forgotten that she wasn't where I had left her in my last post.

Also completely forgot any sort of reaction to Wave and Eris but at this point I think I had better just stick to the present time and leave the past alone.
No apology necessary for you have done nothing wrong; I get confused too just by being alive (like when I get brain fog).

That approach of sticking with the present is perfectly fine! Kaerri Kaerri Have no worries and just enjoy the game, Darlin'! =)

I'm still here. Just sayin'.

Luna is doing her best to be as silent as a shadow on her way out of the cave to get away from the giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back