• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Eighteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty cool! Mielikki created bears in the Finnish mythos and she likes wolves and birds too. =)

Edit: You probably knew that already. Heh!

Last edited:
If there is a Dex bonus to be had, I'll happily accept it. I don't believe that Oreleth has anything preventing her from being temporarily boosted.

Luna is not the most graceful of people, so any additional help in keeping quiet will be welcome.

Luna is not the most graceful of people, so any additional help in keeping quiet will be welcome.
Is Luna under the impression she's going in with the rescue team? Last I heard it was Alisa, Oti, and Kaerri only with the rest of the team falling back to the entrance of the cave.

I wasn't sure if it was for just them or the whole group.

Aldrin's spell will cover the entire group. As your Dungeon Master, I just want to make certain, after he has cast upon all of you, that I know which direction each PC is going in if you know what I mean. =)

Who is taking up Aldrin on his offer?
Kaerri will even though her Dex is already crazy because, well, why not? (I see from the spell description that it's 1 creature/caster level, so it's not like someone else won't get it because of her accepting it).

Aldrin's spell will cover the entire group. As your Dungeon Master, I just want to make certain, after he has cast upon all of you, that I know which direction each PC is going in if you know what I mean. =)
Ah, I got ya. Luna is not going into the cave any farther than she has to. She is on her way out to the Wagon while the sneakies of the team go rescue the kobolds.

Ah, I got ya. Luna is not going into the cave any farther than she has to. She is on her way out to the Wagon while the sneakies of the team go rescue the kobolds.
Beautiful. Now I know for sure! =)

So how difficult would it be for the three of us to sneak over to the kobolds and get them free without the Storm Lords noticing?

jaydude jaydude That depends entirely on how you go about doing it.

If all three of you just sneak out, each of you are making Stealth rolls. While you are unbinding them, that's another Stealth roll to see if you don't make any noise while you're doing it. And a third set of rolls to make your way away.

Also because you're playing higher-level campaign here, I will warn you that the kobolds themselves who do not see nor otherwise sense you might just well flip out if, out of nowhere, they feel hands on their persons that don't belong to them.

Just something to keep in mind. =)

Last edited:
Re: Banter. =)

A little background. It probably isn't clear now that I've written and read it, but Wave and Eris have worked together for quite some time. They know each other pretty well.

Unless directly addressed, Wave normally does not deign to answer anyone but Kaerri. This interaction between ancient and intelligent weapon and self-aware snarky Shadow is unusual only in that respect.

Those two get along pretty well and are about as close to being friends as each will allow. =)

Kaerri accepts Mamapaw's spell too, in case I forget to put it in my IC post.

Short note: I'd prefer for Aldrin to wait where he is right now, not head towards the surface. Just in case the others need support.

Uh. So you want to have the party in 3 different locations instead of 2? It's fine by me but I'm not the one leading the fellowship. I can add a little scene where Oreleth's group is walking away and noticing Aldrin isn't coming with them? You guys can roleplay that out if you wish or discuss it here.

One of the benefits of having a Party Leader elected (which is the case with our game) in a D&D/Pathfinder game is that this is the part where the Party Leader and the Party Member talk it out and then the leader tells the Dungeon Master the result. (This works wonders during tabletop games; anyone who has done this, you know what I mean.) Meanwhile the DM... well... keeps doing DM things needed to keep the game going.

So, Psychie Psychie ? What are your thoughts, lady?

Well, I specifically said that I meant to potentially cast the wall spell behind them when they retreat. That's less helpful if the giants have had all the way to the surface to catch up already.

Yep! No need to justify the reasoning with me. I just need to know where everybody is. =)

Here's this, in case Psychie's otherwise occupied for a while:

After a moment to ponder, she nods. "Do it. The rest of us will make our way to the opening of the cave and wait. Luna, hold off on your Fireballs for a moment. We have to get everyone out first, then you can raise a little bit of a ruckus and see if we can't lock the giants in the cave for a bit to buy us all some time to get out of here."

Right! This is your party leader's declaration:

Just posted IC that Kaerri and their other sneakies are going to go get the three kobolds while the rest of us sneak back to the entrance of the cave and prepare to bring down the opening.

Since these two quotes don't line up, one word from your Party Leader makes everything clear. =)

If you want me to get into why we have a Party Leader in the first place, I can do that too. =)

Last edited:
I don't like the idea of splitting up in two groups, let alone three. Lets hold off on having Aldrin hang back for the time being.

Silanon Silanon At this stage, Aldrin is welcome to to act as he pleases. Will he go with the party? Will he do as he alone desires? What does Aldrin do here? The Party Leader can make requests but only you can decide what your character does. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri jaydude jaydude meanwhile the "Triple Trouble Team" has the kobolds they want to rescue in sight.

However, what do the three of you do? How do you go about getting these three bound kobolds out of here while the Storm Lords have their backs turned playing whatever game they're playing?

I don't think I'm being too "player friendly" when I point out that you get one good shot at this. Make it count, team, and good luck! =)

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri jaydude jaydude meanwhile the "Triple Trouble Team" has the kobolds they want to rescue in sight.

However, what do the three of you do? How do you go about getting these three bound kobolds out of here while the Storm Lords have their backs turned playing whatever game they're playing?
Given what you said earlier, if we all go, we'd be making three sets of three rolls to sneak up, free the kobolds and then sneak away. That's nine chances to fail and (presumably) alert the Storm Lords to our presence. So I say we send only a single person to actually approach the kobolds and free them. Preferably Kaerri, since she seems to be the one with the best stealth bonus.

I also suggest that she try and alert the kobolds to her presence from a distance before actually trying to untie them, perhaps by throwing a couple of small stones. By doing this from a distance, she cuts down on the risk of being spotted by the Storm Lords if the kobolds catch their attention.

Sure am. Hope the same for you.

Spent the last two days mostly ill in bed, today's likely the third one. Oh well, shit happens.

When someone's obviously walking straight into danger, Aldrin's not the kind to turn away and walk out - especially since he's certain that he can cover his own retreat just fine if necessary. Aldrin stays.

(Like I said in the other thread, hope you feel better soon, man! Lots of hydration, rest, good food, and vitamins helped me. Maybe you too?)

When someone's obviously walking straight into danger, Aldrin's not the kind to turn away and walk out - especially since he's certain that he can cover his own retreat just fine if necessary. Aldrin stays.
Silanon Silanon O.K.! He stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back