• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Eighteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. Just posted IC that Kaerri and their other sneakies are going to go get the three kobolds while the rest of us sneak back to the entrance of the cave and prepare to bring down the opening.

Sorry. Just posted IC that Kaerri and their other sneakies are going to go get the three kobolds while the rest of us sneak back to the entrance of the cave and prepare to bring down the opening.
No worries. Almost every RP I'm in on here just caught on fire as far as I'm concerned. There's a lot going on. Good times! =)

I am on the same page with you now and I understand your plan! =)

Kaerri can lead the other two to the kobolds? (Not that there's a chance of getting lost, but she knows right where they are.) Stealth check for moving silently in, toss kobold over shoulder, stealth check out? Hand gestures should do us, no need for speech that might be overheard.

Kaerri Kaerri The answers for both questions? "Absolutely!"

Forgive me if I sound like I'm talking to new players because none of us are; still, I must ask:

1. Are there any items any of you want to use?
2. How about special abilities, Spells, or the like?
3. Action Points/Diamond of Fate usage anyone?

I'm asking because I want my PCs to be in the habit of knowing all of their tools and not having any of those "Darn! I wish I would have remembered to use that!" moments. =)

I was asking the other two as well. ^;3^ So that we're all on the same page.

Kaerri's using her currently equipped gear (I think it's "just" the boots that apply here). She is not using Hide in Plain Sight or the rogue talent Fast Stealth (she wants her friends to see and keep up with her). She is not using an action point, instead relying on her considerable skill (and neat-o boots).

I'd like to cast my wall spell behind the sneaky folks as soon as they retreat towards us with the kobolds - behind them, obviously.

Silanon Silanon You will forgive me if I ask you for the precise name of the spell, please. =) Juuust in case ol' Aldrin has more than one "wall spell." =)

He does not, but it's just the plain old 'wall of stone'. I'd love to get the post up when it's time for it, just thought I'd declare the intention already.

I'd like to cast my wall spell behind the sneaky folks as soon as they retreat towards us with the kobolds - behind them, obviously.
I don't imagine I will need the name of the spell for at least 24 hours from now. I want to wait for Cap'n and Jay's responses before I post again. =)

He does not, but it's just the plain old 'wall of stone'. I'd love to get the post up when it's time for it, just thought I'd declare the intention already.
Okay! Thanks for letting me know - that helps what I do on my side of things! =)

jaydude jaydude Oh, heck yeah, Jay! I did not mean to rush you. Enjoy at your convenience. =)

Edit: To be clear, jaydude jaydude I am waiting. =) That's why I posted this:
I want to wait for Cap'n and Jay's responses before I post again. =)

See you! =)

Last edited:
In the meantime everybody, I found something beautiful recently. I put it in my Status, but just in case you missed it (and especially if you could something really nice and delightful right now), here it is!

I just love this and I hope you do too! =)

"Fox Fires - Animated Short Film"

So I've had a chance to read up on things, and yeah, I can't see any problems with this plan. As a guy sitting behind a computer screen, I'm going to assume that since most of the people here have been using this system for longer than me, you all have good reason to believe that Alisa can handle a bit of sneaking about.

Alisa might not be too happy about letting supporters of Lovitair go free, but I'm playing her as pragmatic enough to recognize that there are more productive means of martyrdom.

Alisa might not be too happy about letting supporters of Lovitair go free, but I'm playing her as pragmatic enough to recognize that there are more productive means of martyrdom.
jaydude jaydude Ha ha! Martyrdom is not required for a paladin or any other character class, you silly person! Let the bad guys do the dying! =)

As a guy sitting behind a computer screen, I'm going to assume that since most of the people here have been using this system for longer than me, you all have good reason to believe that Alisa can handle a bit of sneaking about.
The way you "built" Alisa shows that while she's no Rogue in the Stealth department, Alisa can be trusted to move silently and stay hidden with a good chance of remaining so. Could she improve? Sure! Is she a better choice than say, Mamapaw with her Large Size (who is well aware she is not a top choice for this), or other PCs who have less stealth and time near Highwind? Definitely! =)

Side question - if Alisa were a forest animal, what would she be?

This would hardly be shirking her duties to Mielikki, would it? Her goddess had sent that songbird, the one whose presence had alerted her to the disappearance of their comrades, so she had to have been willing to permit such a course of action. As for the storm giants, Alisa was loathe to allow agents of Lovitair to go free, but there would surely be other opportunities later on.

Just to add your Dungeon Master's thoughts on this - Alisa, with her long experience as a Mielikkian and paladin both - can have great confidence in seeing Mielikki's desires clearly here. =)

Last edited:
Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri jaydude jaydude Tag!

"Before we act, give me a moment." Aldrin's hands paint patterns into the air, runes and symbols that come to his mind. It's like he sees the future he wishes to accomplish, and his hands simply follow the paths that leads there - not much in terms of conscious knowledge what the gestures mean. Within a short moment, the others can feel just a little glimpse of his own foresight; it seems easier to move with grace, as if their bodies were aware how to avoid noise and sound.

"That should help a little. Once you have the kobolds, I will seal the path behind you. It might only buy us a few minutes, but that's all we really need."

Perhaps, there's more to be accomplished; but walking down there on his own would only mean to disregard his blessing's value. No point in throwing his life away when the others decide to turn away from the threat for now.

Casting Enhance Ability in the Cat's Grace-version - +4 dex enhancement bonus for everyone who doesn't happen to have a better one.

Spells:
6: 3/4
5: 7/7
4: 7/7
3: 4/7
2: 7/7
1: 8/8
0: INFINITELY MANY!
Who is taking up Aldrin on his offer?

Sorry, I messed up - I meant to cast the mass-version on everyone. Used the right spellslot, but didn't write it correctly...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back