• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom “At least let me dream a little.” — Chainsaw Man Roleplay Search

memento mori

remember; you will die.
Hey. If you know the material and you clicked this, you know what you’re in for. I’m notorious for doing lengthy ads, so I’m going to attempt to keep this concise with the big ones:

Me

- Over 30. Been writing for a bit, but kinda rusty.
- LGBT/trans-friendly both irl and RP headcanon-wise.
- Typical ‘life things/work is more important than writing’ spiel. Let me know your schedule and I’ll share mine. I will normally tell you if I need time away to deal with life things.
- Slow as Hell writer, but, I consistently deliver lazy-lit/lit responses of 500-900 words. Intros are usually a fair bit longer.
- I tend to prefer making friends with my writing partner, but. It’s not needed if my partner doesn’t want it.
- I write third-person, past/present tense.
- No writing limits, for the most part. I bow to your needs.
- Flexible with writing mediums — we can discuss through DMs.

- NOTE: I suffer from a lot of mental health issues that make it hard for me to respond consistently. Some times I can respond a few times a week, some times it takes me a few weeks to respond. It also makes it hard to keep up with friendships. Please exude patience whenever possible. If I’m too often badgered for replies, I will ghost. I’m not trying to scare you or put you out — I’m just setting up my boundaries and giving fair warning that I am flighty, cagey, and constantly anxious. I don’t want or mean to be this way. Also, I try hard to not push my worries onto other people, so don’t fret — I’m not using you as a therapist. I like to believe my good outweighs my bad, and I prefer to be up-front about this, nowadays. I’ve lost too many good partners who didn’t understand going into it or I hurt by being the way I am. I’m trying to heal. I apologize for this hurdle in advance.

You

- 25+ for comfort-sake. 21+ mandatory.
- Willing to write extremely dark themes with a sense of maturity and care.
- Mirror post-length, at the very least. Similar writing ideals.
- Understanding of my mental illnesses enough that you’ll be patient with my responses and/or okay with checking in periodically.

Fandom Wants

- I can play Denji or Aki with confidence.
- I’m looking to play Denji against another Aki, Makima*, Power*, or Reze. I’ll even consider Kobeni. [SPOILERS: Kinda an OC loop-hole…I am interested in a plot where Denji finds the reincarnated Power, to which…I would be willing to play opposite someone’s OC who was the next Devil bearing the name. We could also stretch this to Makima e.g., instead of Nayuta, the character could become your OC.]
- Looking for Denji, Himeno, Makima, or Angel* opposite my Aki.
- I’m a mixed-bag RPer, in the sense that I’ll do a lot of genres when it comes to writing, but, I specifically want to be hurting/upset/worried for the characters, etc. I guess grimdark? I want to wallow in it. But, it’s good to have ups and downs — so, keeping it consistent with the manga..? I want to try and write the horror/dark imagery.
- I have specific plots for a few of the characters, but, I’d be more willing to share those with someone who already knows the series.
- We can grab multiple muses or just stay in one pair. I’m pretty flexible with this. Platonic or otherwise.
- Unless you can make a really convincing case, I likely won’t do an AU. Unless it’s still steeped in the world. I don’t want coffee shop AUs or high-fantasy or anything like that.
- This should go without saying, but, no OCs. Strictly canon pairings. [Minus the exception above.]

If anyone is interested, shoot out a message on this post/PM me, we’ll see if we mesh/go on from there. Fair warning, though, I’m usually more talkative than this post lets on — I’ll have more information for you. Please be ready to introduce yourself and go off on whatever ships you have/what you’re looking for in a roleplay/etc.

I look forward to writing with you! 🙇🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Updated with potential OC loophole — check under spoilers if caught up with the manga/if it applies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back