Asuran Dorix

ParadoxalPaladin

Wait, what?
Asuran Dorix
50e8ae4a136460867bcaaa0f4de511fa.jpg

Duke of the Dorimun Dukedom

Physical Features
  • Hair: Black with streaks of white and gray. Some rumors state that the gray comes from the stresses of being a ruler, but Asuran denies such allegations, not wanting to be seen as having any struggle whatsoever with his duties.
  • Eyes: Dark violet
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 150 pounds
  • Other Distinguishing Traits: Asuran is left-handed, although he attempts to conceal it because of the insecurities his childhood tutors gave him by reprimanding him for holding utensils or writing "improperly".
Opinions
Romance and Partners: Asuran is open to dance with or be in a relationship with anyone. However, both who he dances with or has a relationship with will be based upon what he could gain from such a partnership. After all, Dorimun cannot rise to power all on its own. . .

Position on the Rebellion: With the importance of Arie within Dorimun at Wright Academy, a pro-arien view -at least officially- is a necessity for public relations within the duchy. However, on a personal level, Asuran disagrees with the rebellion's methods of mass murder, if not with their goal of increased Arie rights. In the wake of the rebellion, he has enacted some reforms for Arie rights in Dorimun to help appease any who may be looking to begin a rebellion-like movement in his lands, a choice which both safeguards his own position as a leader and helps take steps toward the equality he does actually desire. Despite this, however, Asuran still hopes that this rebellion will be put down as quickly as possible, because the security and longevity of Dorimun remains his first priority above Arie rights or anything else that may arise, and the rebellion threatens that very security he hopes to protect.

Personal Information
Biography: After being born the bastard son of the ageing previous duke and a peasant woman who died in childbirth, it was clear from the beginning that Asuran's life was not one destined to be easy. As a child he was ignored by his father, who was more ashamed of his existence than anything else, leading to Asuran learning early on in life that the world is harsh, and he would have to build his own way in it. Those early years are ones that he would call his most formative, in which he often explored the capital on his own, seeing the lives of the poorest of the poor, the richest of the rich, and all in between. As the years advanced and it became clear that his father had become too old to have any more children, it was decided that the illegitimate child would have to do, and Asuran was tutored in the arts of rulership, dancing, and all other manner of skills expected of a leader. Surprisingly, he took quite well to his fencing lessons, and with multiple years of practice became a capable user of the rapier.

When Asuran was only 17, his father grew sick and died within the space of a month, leaving Asuran, still all but a child, as duke. The early years of his reign were fraught with trouble, with many usurpers such as the old council and queen amassing troops or attempting assassinations to challenge his tenuous claim to the throne. Despite this, Asuran managed to survive and establish himself firmly in his place as a duke, although he has never quite lost the paranoia born of years of being a target for any with enough influence and ambition in the royal court, and is rarely, if ever, seen without his sword hanging by his side. Since then, he has acted as a capable leader for his people, and held the dukedom together as well as he can.

Family:

• Duke Caori Dorix: The now-deceased former Duke of Dorimun; Asuran's father. Caori, although a capable enough ruler when he was actually around, was a man who cared little for rulership and far preferred to spend his days carousing and travelling across Roserasia (using the royal treasury, of couse). Because of this, by the time he grew older and began to spend more time at home, his inexperience meant that he remained a figurehead to the advisors -and his own wife- who had done and continued to do the actual running of the country. It was during this time period of his relative unimportance that Caori's same lack of self discipline that had controlled him before came back again, and he took a series of mistresses, the final of which culminated in the birth of Asuran. Once his son had been born, Caori did his best to ignore his existance and became a recluse within his personal chambers, ashamed of this public showing of his infidelity and unwilling to meet with the child. However, as it became apparent no other children were forthcoming he had the boy trained and guided by various tutors, although he still did not personally interact with him. It was not many years later that he died of a sudden sickness at the age of 61, leaving Asuran as the ruler of Dorimun.
  • Queen Telaine: The wife of Caori Dorix. When Caori died, she and many of the other royal advisors of Caori led the strongest rebel faction attempting to halt Asuran's rise to the throne in a bid to retain their own power, and nearly succeeded. The advance of their army on the capital was only halted when the leaders' hideout was discovered and the majority of them were captured, leading to the rebellion subsequently crumbling without guidance. Once they were captured, Telaine and her co-conspirators were all put to death by Asuran for high treason.
Personality: Asuran is a man of great ambition, with determination born of years of hardship to back it up. He firmly believes in the growth of Dorimun's power over Roserasia, and will do anything to help reach that goal. Because of this, people who get in his way oftentimes find him a quite abrasive and rude figure, even though he can otherwise be quite sociable and kind to others. Because of his upbringing, he can find it very hard to accept help from others, and is somewhat bad-tempered if he thinks he is being condescended upon or insulted, even going to the point of challenging some who made perceived slights against him to a duel in the past. Knowing these weaknesses of himself, he does do his best to keep them in check, although he succeeds at this goal less than he'd like.

Other
Dance Level: Asuran is capable in the traditional dances of his homeland and most of those expected to be used in tournaments and the like, but has never had dance be his focus nor something he was a master at. What few formal events he has had to take part in brought the general consensus that he is an average dancer, although he plans to practice quite a bit this year so that he may pair up with the princess or someone else advantageous to his goals.

Last Year's Cendrillion Ball: Last year, one of the counts under Asuran was sent in his place, as he prefers to stay at home and keep a steady watch over his people so that he can take control quickly should trouble arise. However, with the extreme importance resting upon the outcome of this year's Cendrillion Ball, Asuran decided that his only option to ensure it goes well would be to go personally, and has left control of the Dukedom in the hands of his advisers.

Goals:
Asuran's main public goal is to gain an alliance or other beneficial relationship with Euthalia or another powerful country so that Dorimun may have a more important role upon the world stage. Direct trading contracts are also at the forefront of his priorities, since more trade means more tariffs to provide for the increasing needs of the people of Dorimun. Privately, it is his hope that he may find an ally in waging war against the Greedo Kingdom, so that more land can be acquired to increase the influence of the Dorimun Dukedom.

Last edited:

~ Relationship Journal ~

NameAttractionThoughts
Evalyn Euthalia
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★ While the importance of her favor remains, and she is not wholly bad, her actions as of now have not particularly endeared her to me.
Klaus Mathis Diefenbach
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★ What little contact I've had with him because of Dorimun's sea trade with Rameria has been nothing but pleasant.
Rosalein Katharina Diefenbach
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★ Having never met her myself, I don't know too much about her, but from what I've heard she's quite a talented artist. If she's anything like her brother, I'm sure she'll be a pleasure to meet. Maybe I could get a chance to see some of her famous paintings as well?
Luciano Barbosa
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★ I met with him when I travelled to Galleria to negotiate trade deals with his parents, and at that time I found him quite an enjoyable person to spend some time with; he is truly dedicated to his art. I'll be glad to see him once more, and perhaps discuss some politics with him this time instead of just dance.
Tristan Thaddeus Sinclair
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★As royalty of the country that is Dorimun's greatest foe, one could say I'm not exactly his best friend.
Dahlia Lenore Sinclair
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★Despite what little word I've heard of her that says she is a rather kind individual, to associate with her would be to insult my own country.
Naomi Marie Thalassa
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★This girl coming from across the sea intrigues me to no end, but -as usual- no other countries have deigned to share much information about her or anything at all with Dorimun, so it seems I will have to learn more myself.
Asuran Dorix
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★Despite what some may say, I don't think I'm all that bad.
Jervis Inigo Falx
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★---
Brand Falx
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★★---
Kiefer Arlie Avescamp
Romance: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Friendship: ★★★★★★★★★He does not seem like a bad person, but his actions have been rather odd and disconcerting as of yet.

Last edited:

~ Diplomacy Journal ~

CountryThoughts
Euthalia
A helpful ally that can be used for the sake of improving Dorimun.
Rameria
With the fall of their monarchy and the turmoil that brought with it, it's quite hard to tell what the sitution is with them currently. Hopefully, they won't be able to reclaim Galleria as their own. We don't need anyone else gaining strength right now.
Galleria
It's a shame that their mines are failing. With any luck, I'll be able to forge an alliance with them, considering we're already trading; us small nations need to help each other, there's already more than enough nations looking to destroy us anyway.
Greedo
A potential target for conquering at best and a nuisance at worst, nothing more. However, if I hope to get into Euthalia's good graces feigning good terms with them may be necessary, as reprehensible as it is.
Marine
It will be very interesting to see what their positions upon Arien rights are; Perhaps they will be interested in a trading agreement?
Dorimun
A great nation trapped by it's larger neighbors, but destined for greatness nonetheless. At least, that's what I've heard.
Sea Republic
I don't appreciate that they riled up Euthalia, but I won't make a final judgement until I meet their representative.
Nezzie
Little knowledge of this Kingdom has made its way down to Dorimun, but I can agree with their stance upon ending the rebellion at least. Perhaps we could work together, considering we both have some gripes with the currently established powers?
Lepumir
Hopefully they can be restored once more to their former lands. I miss having another country who could understand the struggles of dealing with with Human & Arie relations.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back