• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Astrella's Boarding School for the Powered ~ Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Zephyr quickly made his way over to the nearest building, his feet barely touching the ground as he ran, the wind propelling him forward. Once he reached the building in sight, he pushed himself through the door and inside without any form of hesitation. In a normal circumstance, one might find him being just slightly more cautious, but this time he figured that whatever could possibly be on the other side of this door couldn’t be even remotely as frightening as all of the people killing each other outside. He had come here to learn more about being the best, to be trained by someone who was also kissed by the gods; he had not come here to be killed by them! Using his wind to his advantage, he crept silently into the empty building, his breathing near silent as he looked around. This was clearly a school building and someone should have been here, yet no matter how many times he swiveled his head around the room remained completely empty. He didn’t dwell on it for too long, however. Yes, obviously he did want some help from the staff, but as long as he was indoors and away from the murders going on outside he wasn’t going to complain. It wasn’t like he was stupid. Unsure what else he realistically could be doing besides bunkering down inside of this building until whatever was going on outside was stopped, he began to head deeper into the building.

That was, until he was no longer staring at the walls of an empty building, but instead at a ceiling. His heart pounded loudly in his ears as he, rightfully startled out of his mind by the abrupt change of scenery, laid completely still on the bed, his eyes trained on the ceiling as his mind worked overtime to process what in the world had just happened. He laid still like this for a solid ten beats of his heart before he came to the conclusion that he had somehow died and this was now where he was going to spend the rest of eternity. He slowly tilted his head to the side and, before his wild and confused thoughts could lead to other inaccurate conclusions, a pair of women appeared in his line of vision and they began to speak; words that were thankfully able to lay his worry of being murdered to rest and fill in the missing piece of the puzzle that his brain had been lacking. Completely drowning out the women and their voices, he slid right back into his own thoughts.

So this was the notorious entrance exam that everyone had looked so worried about!

He, personally, didn’t understand what all of the fuss was about. A sit down exam where they were expected to fill out the equation for x, y, and z seemed a lot more terrifying to him than, essentially, dreaming. Even before he had known that there was no risk of genuine harm towards him he had thought the situation was morbidly fascinating- now that he was fully aware that he couldn’t have died, it just made everything even more fascinating. All they had to do was watch some powerful guy beat some virtual kids’ asses! Piece of cake! Zephyr was once again startled out of his thoughts by the screen in front of him changing. Once again paying attention, he caught the last bit of their explanation, instructing them to touch the document that was now on the screen in front of them. Pushing himself upwards, his legs crossing as he did so, he settled into a sitting position before he reached out and touched the screen with a small smile flitting across his lips. This was cool.

Or, at least, it was cool until the words that he was reading registered in his mind. There wasn’t much to read, but with every inch his eyes shifted across the screen, his smile dimmed a bit more. At the very last word, Zephyr paused, his eyes moving back upwards to the top of the screen to make sure he had read what was in front of him correctly. Self-confirming what he had read, the boy pursed his lips and, in one fluid motion, swung his legs over the side of the bed and pushed himself into a standing position. “I’m going home!” he declared, not sure who was listening or who needed to be listening and not particularly caring, before beginning a determined march to where he believed an exit would be.

RUNA WINTERFIELD
GYMNASIUM

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

Mary.%28Ib%29.600.1340881.jpg
Runa blinked her eyes open, remembered what had happened a while ago, and sprung into a sitting position. Her alarm turned into confusion, which was immediately soothed by the tan woman who seemed to be her senior. When she knew she was in no danger, she sighed out of relief and unconsciously pat her lute, Stravius. Indeed, it had been a frightening experience for her. When she came from her village, the greatest threat she had known was the rampage of bears during mating season. But now, her eyes were opened on how little she knew of the world.

She opened the document in front of her with hesitation. She had hesitated too long at the beginning, and she cast a different spell from what she intended. Yet, when she saw her score, she blinked her eyes in disbelief. A feeling of relief came after, and for the first time that day, a pleasant smile appeared on Runa's face. Maybe she wasn't so helpless after all.

A loud exclamation from a bed nearby surprised her. The source of the cries was a student with spiky blond hair, who now buried his face in a pillow. None of the others was particularly concerned about him, but she felt worried. She approached his bed slowly and gave him a better look. He looked older than she was, yet he sounded so troubled. Runa timidly nudged his shoulder.

"Um... are you all right? Did you fail the exam?"

En Valkyrie II --En Valkyrie I Explodes--

It was swift... It was unexpected... It was absolutely terrifying... Who knew the school would stoop to such low levels as to bawdily manipulate the children via illusions for an entrance exam. Sure, maybe they agreed at some point, the parents and guardians were probably informed, and there would be the slim chance of the children forgetting any prior info about these events themselves. Nevertheless doubts were heavy, and En the 1st was extremely displeased with the amount of vulnerability he had at the hands of the school. One might say the elder mage was well beyond peeved.

En the 2nd opened his eyes slowly as the woman in blue who'd finished addressing them started talking about test scores and how they were calculated. A sweaty palm kneaded through locks of soft dark colored hair as yellow eyes slowly filled up with tears. It was now that the full weight of truth laid upon En, his ancestor's presence no longer as welcoming and trusting as it first was. Then again he'd only seen the man once before today and that was a whole 6 years ago. All he really knew was the stories his mother constantly told him and likewise he went by those alone. En ignored the way the area around him slowly outstretched away from him, and he continued staring at the ceiling despite it slowly fading to black as his memory of the exit from the simulation crept into view. A great shadow settled where his was suppose to be as the sun glared down upon him, purple mysterious eyes with an intricate pattern in them looked into his soul. En stood there with the chair, unresponsive, fearful and confused. He was swallowed entirely by the shadow and left to drown in his own silence surrounded by black.

En Valkyrie I forcefully took control of the body as it arose in a zombie-like fashion. "Eyes of Valkyrie." Now standing on the bed he looked around as his pupils expanded over his irises and became purple magic circles. His mystically enhanced vision allowed him to see everything a few times slower and grants him a slight increase in speed all while steadily draining his magic and increasing usual stamina use. En's blinders glowed grimly as he inhaled and began lifelessly reciting spells. "Great fall... Soul of Thunder... Endar's Black End... Frozen Heart... Grim Reaper... Limiter Elimination... Edge of Insanity... Forgotten Solo... Shaded Judgement... Dark Emblem... Death's Calling... Grand Rupture... Tainted Blessing.... Demonic Presence..."

index.jpg

Last edited:

Teslie Coila
Guyle Heston
A.K.A
Bullwhip
The boy's normally wide-eyes narrowed as he rolled over, lying on his side and glaring into the eyes of the girl that approached him. A clenched fist raised from his side to wipe away the glistening, salty liquid that smeared beneath his sodden eyes.

The downtrodden and forelorn looking boy glanced over the young girl that approached him for a moment, he thought to himself before he put on his widest, yet simultaneously fakest smile he'd ever made, narrow eyes widening into a sparkling, doe-eyed stare. "I... Umm, no it ain't the test, I passed actually, not quite with flying colours, but not like I failed"
Remember Guyle, a hero is supposed to never show weakness, a hero is supposed to be brave, always smile, always protect people, always be happy... Stop moping, atleast don't show it, grow up you damn idiot!
Guyle looked her in the eyes, finally wiping his eyes dry as the last small droplet faded into his pores.

"What about you then? I didn't see you where I was, so what sorta thing did you do? Did ya do well?"

Damafaud Damafaud

Lu-Dao

So this was what the entrance exams were like.

Lu-Dao, an alien to this world, was experiencing his first year teaching at Astrella's Boarding School for the Powered, and was in charge of the Element Manipulators as well as the Troubled students, which he had automatically volunteered for. Of course, he had no idea what - mostly - Earthling troubled humans were like, but he was going to find out. Of course, he was going to find out as he slowly gnawed on what appeared to be an enormous turkey leg as he watched student after student snap awake, each one of them having a reaction quite unique to themselves. It was entertaining to see how obvious it was for them that they had absolutely no clue that what they went through was all fake - a simulation of sorts, and...

Well...

Some of the kids he was responsible for actually ended up disappointing him. Some of them were stupidly reckless, some of them were too afraid to fight or help other students, and others still were only able to do so much. It was only by using his kinesis that he was able to keep the tablet he was using afloat while he munched with one hand and scrolled through the data with another. It was a few minutes before he heard the exact thing he was waiting for.

It was almost as if he took a single step in the thirty feet that separated him from Zephyr ( elextrified elextrified ), his free hand planting upon the boy's shoulder with a firm-but-not-painfully-so grip, clearing his throat to ensure that the boy that there was no way to escape. But just to make sure...

"You're Zephyr," he started, his face devoid of all emotion as he tore another bite from the turkey leg. "You're one of the Troubled Students, of whom I supervise, meaning that if you leave, I have to track you down and bring you back. Let's not make my job harder and get you something to eat instead, otherwise you're just going to hit the floor from shock.

"Which reminds me..." After clearing his throat, Lu-Dao sucked in a breath of air and, not loudly, but enough so that he could be heard, spoke. "All Element Manipulator and Troubled Students are to meet me here. I know which is which, so don't get any bright ideas. We're going over your scores."

Oh yes, he was going to start today. Right now.

Well... Maybe after the group got something to eat. After all, with how hungry he always was, it would likely be better for them to sit down and collect themselves. Considering the shock the students went through and the fact that class wasn't exactly being held yet, he might as well keep to his motto of only being strict in the classroom.

"As an amendment to that statement, we'll eat first - you know you'll need it."

(( elextrified elextrified , Steve Freeling Steve Freeling , Blackrose7 Blackrose7 , Coffeepot Giraffe Coffeepot Giraffe , Phantophobition Phantophobition ))

----------

Tsunami

It was over in a flash with him nearly having been killed, and with not realizing just where he was, Tsunami had sprung to his feet and had nearly come face to face with the black haired girl from the angle in which he had been laying, fist cocked back and a look of disgust and contempt corrupting his visage. Everything about the entirety of his stance was about putting all he had behind the strike, but he stopped short when he realized who and what he was looking at. It was only then that he scoffed and tossed his hands into the air before snatching up a tablet nearby. They said something about "Grades" or whatever, and he figured he might as well take a-

"The 'ell is this, eh?!" he snapped, looking around. "A fuckin' fifty for doin' the only thing I'm good at?! Fuck all, ya idiots!!" With a flick of his wrist, the Brisbanian tossed the tablet behind him, not even flinching when he had heard it crack. For all he cared, the damn thing could have exploded. A fifty because he wasn't doing better or whatever - piss on 'em!! Like any of them stood a chance, and for all he knew, he made sure in the simulation that more students got out than if he had just did a quick kick and ran for the hills. Before anyone could say anything to call him back during his interruption, Tsunami had made sure to give the group his rating on the whole ordeal with a single finger - we'll let you guess which one it was.

At hearing the voice of what he could only assume was likely the most boring instructor on campus, his head turned and an annoyed brow raised over his right eye. Go over their grades? This bloke sure loved takin' the piss outta everything, didn't he? They already knew what their grades were, and he didn't give a damn what the man wanted. Instead, he kept walking to... Well, he had no freaking idea. He didn't have a map; tossed it in a bin as soon as he got it.

"'Reckless endangerment of ya own life' or whatevah," he scoffed, having used air quotes when he recited the score. "Like they know what I can fackin' do. Bunch'a..."

From that point on it was mindless, irritated rambling. Sure, he endangered himself, but in a real situation, how many other students would have gotten away? Isn't that what mattered? All he knew how to do was fight for the underdog. It's all he did. It's the only reason he ended up in Victoria's aside from his obvious reason, and now he was here because that school went down. All they did was slap the label "troubled" on him and shipped him off like some kind of freight.

If you weren't using what you had to help some shmuck who couldn't fight survive, then what the hell were you using it for, anyway?

Like they would get why he did it.

----------

Fay

As if jolted awake by a defibrillator, the slender blonde was jarred into a sitting position, staff nowhere near him as far as he could tell, and automatically coming to realize what could have potentially failed him. It was the last few seconds he could remember before the hero had come in to save the day: The chant, the thrum of mana and his Will, the reverberation of the staff as it hit the ground, and then... the death he could have caused. He shouldn't have done so where he had planted the spell. He should have thought ahead. Fay's right hand came up to plant against his face with a hard smack as he groaned into his palm, feeling his heart sink in utter dread. Killing another student was likely to fail him, and he, by extension, had failed his old Headmistress, who was sure to tear his head off - well, metaphorically anyway.

The words that were spilling from the illusionist supervising their test went in one ear and out the other, Fay's body curled into a sitting ball with one arm around his legs as he touched the screen to open up his scores...

And was actually upset with his results.

Of course it would have been difficult for someone to figure out it was a simulation if they didn't have time to put the pieces together - Entropy all but ignored him completely during the fight, favoring absconding than attacking while going for the rest of the group. Of course, that was what had made him rush and end up basically killing another student. That alone should have failed him.

"Don't be an idiot, Fay, you're not responsible for some other kid. There was a villain and you did what you should have."

That wasn't right at all. A wizard had to think of all possibilities. He should have started the spike behind Entropy and not underneath him in case the student in front did end up trying something crazy like headbutting the most infamous warlock they've ever experienced or read about. It should have been accounted for.

"What? You think that highly of yourself? Think you can figure it all out in a second?"

Of course not. That was.. Well, that was stupid. But he didn't feel like it gave him an excuse. All he could do at this point was just push the screen away after closing his document and pulling his hood more tightly over his head - maybe if he couldn't see the kid who he nearly killed, the kid wouldn't see him either?

RUNA WINTERFIELD
GYMNASIUM

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

There was a moment there where she had thought that the boy would shout at her. Yet, the boy controlled whatever he felt down and smiled widely, albeit fakedly at her. The effort made her smile genuinely. He seemed to be a nice guy.

"Well, that's a relief then. "

When the boy asked about her exam, Runa laughed awkwardly.

"I was up against a robot, but I don't think anyone saw me. I only provided support from behind. My score is considerably good, so I have nothing to complain about, but..."

The bright girl twiddled the end of her skirt nervously. Her cheerful expression darkened as she slipped into her memory of the test.

"I feel like I don't deserve my score. I made too many mistakes. Silly mistakes. It frustrated me I couldn't have done better."

Indeed. Runa thought to herself as she bit her lower lip. Even if it was her first time in battle, her first reaction was not good enough. Seconds matter when lives are at stake, and she might as well got somebody killed.

Realising she had muddled around, Runa shook her thought away. No use of regretting the past. The only way to make amend is to perform better next time.

"Well, but it's understandable to make mistakes, right? I mean, this is our first day here. We have no idea what's happening. If you have regrets, you can make up for it next time."

Runa said it so assuredly, but saying it outloud helped to ensure confidence in herself.

Teslie Coila
Guyle Heston
A.K.A
Bullwhip
Guyle's eyes flashed with that same ugliness from before when she mentioned making mistakes. Though that expression faded just as quickly as it had came. eyes and frown quickly softening again "I... umm, pretty sure I was fighting the same one as you, damn ugly bugger, looked like someone dropped a few tonnes of makeup onto an ugly-ass gundam"

He didn't dare laugh at his own rather ill-constructed attempt at a joke, though his frown turned to an almost smug grin. But not quite. The boy leaned a little forward, at long last he slid his legs off the bed as they hit the floor, pushing himself off of the bed and onto his feet. His hands lazily slid into his jean pockets as he grinned again, index finger now gently tapping against his thigh.

"So, it looks like the two of us still sadly have that test on our minds... Soooo..." He murmured gently "How about we go for a walk? If I'm going to be perfectly honest, I wasn't really listening, sorta got no idea what's going on"

Damafaud Damafaud

RUNA WINTERFIELD
GYMNASIUM

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

A short chuckle escaped the girl's mouth. The joke wasn't very funny, nor did she understand what it referred to, but she was glad the boy was no longer sulking by himself. They came here to study. No matter how much they want to be perfect, they lacked the experience to be so. It was another step to a right direction.

Runa took a step back as the boy stood up. Their difference in height was apparent enough that she had to look up to stare at him. Hearing his invitation, the girl once again gave him a bright smile.

"I don't mind at all. My name is Runa Winterfield. It's nice to meet you. "

Shyly, she stretched her free hand forward. It was both a simple social gesture and an offer of friendship.

Finding himself lost in his thoughts as per usual, Zephyr wondered whether or not he’d have to come up with an escape plan as to how he’d get out of this school. In the description of his grade, it had clearly mentioned that he was still ‘forced to attend’ regardless of his score, but that undoubtedly had to just be a generic message that every student that was in the same program as he was received. There was no way that they were still going to admit him after a solid score of zero, so surely walking out of this place and going back home would be no issue. Besides, it wasn’t as if he wanted to stay here anymore anyways- these people clearly didn’t understand how gifted he was, so there was no use in even being here; they wouldn’t be able to help him. A firm hand on his shoulder abruptly brought the boy out of his reverie, causing him to stop in his tracks. Even though he didn’t particularly care what anyone had to say to him one way or another, with someone’s hand on his shoulder in a way that clearly told him to stay put, it was difficult not to listen to what they had to say.

Well. He guessed that answered his question about the escape plan.

Turning his head back to look at who this mysterious hand belonged to, he couldn’t help the unreserved scowl that appeared across his face; not because he recognized the person, but because they honestly didn’t look that threatening; who did they think they were putting their hands on him, then?! Zephyr didn’t have to wait too long for that question to be answered- at least partially. If this was the person who was supposedly ‘in charge’ of him, then that must mean that it was the same person that he was instructed to meet with in his document. Professor Lou-Dou? Loudini? Taking a stab in the dark he responded, “Yes, Lou-Lou, I’m Zephyr. And I’m not hungry.” he punctuated the end of his sentence with a shrug of his shoulder, hoping that the man would take the hint and release him. As he responded, he heard the voice of a boy that sounded just as disgruntled as he felt. He watched the boy with blue hair as he walked away and reached an arm wordlessly, giving a gesture as if he were saying, ‘See? Me too.’

Osuka Osuka

Gymnasium

The moment just after clouds of dirt obstructed most of her vision, Himari was taken aback when she found herself in a bed seemingly waken up from a nightmare. And that's exactly what it was, a nightmare. She sat up breathing heavily after a few short coughs. So it all was just a dream..., she attempted to explain what just happened as to calm herself down. Her hands were still shaking as she attempted to reorganize her new situation.

Himari turned and involuntarily patted herself down, as if she were getting dirt off of her that may or may not be there. The packets of seeds on her vest's pocket were still there, attested by the smallish square indentation she felt. She still doesn't remember her gathering of these seeds, but she has a vague idea of who might have done it. As she felt herself assuaged by what could be a subconscious realization or a simple machinations of her body, she just had realized that she was in the gymnasium. She looked around and saw similar beds not too dissimilar with the lifeless ones found in your typical hospital with their steel frames and white sheets. Himari felt a mix of exigency and passing gravitas as she glanced over her surroundings, seeing the row of beds almost resembled the military field hospital. Now this did not help with her situation, it made her nauseous, she almost wretched. She has always disliked hospitals, the banal sterility was a too far of a departure to the home she recognized.

Just as her condition seemed to worsen, a figure in blue and white came forward. She explained the situation to the best of her ability, allaying the anxiety and (in Himari's case) discontentment with her surroundings. It might be because of the woman's straight black hair or the way she dressed in subtly-eastern clothing that relieved Himari's bout of homesickness. The woman introduced herself as Julia. After introducing herself and the gist, she delineated the whole event happening before as the contrivance of the seniors for the entrance exam. Who could have known that the nightmare that has happened only moments before could be done by illusory magic? It amazed Himari to how strong these third-year and fourth-year magic-users might be. She suddenly realized that her brother was also a third-year, but could he have placed those packets of seeds? She was skeptical of this, she always known his brother to be a bit of an irresponsible goof, but it made her smile that Tatsurunii-san would go through the trouble.

Julia then proceeded to show where the results of the test may be viewed--the scores and grades. Himari has always been mindful of her grades. Her parents were not very strict in this aspect, maybe because they dote on her for being their only daughter, but Himari didn't really want to seem like an idiot among her brothers who were mostly regarded as geniuses. Julia had handed each of them with a strange device, Himari was taken aback at first. Sure, she has read of these gadgets but she hasn't really held one and interacted with them. Himari swiped the screen with child-like wonder, trying her hardest to hide the fact that she was a little giddy from holding such a sophisticated device that is not a distillation or Soxhlet apparatus for a change. But then she saw her score: The 65 disappointed her. The only below-average grades she has ever gotten were those in sports. But then again, it was kind of like sports, Himari rationalized then she hid her face, ohhh what a bad score... well at least I passed, I think. "...A wonderful job trying to protect fellow students from danger," it was written on her comments section. This reminded Himari of that encounter. Had she not channeled her magic energy quickly that time, the sunflowers and grass would not have grown as swiftly. She was relieved that she was able to protect some of the students from experiencing a horrible dissolution.

Putting her grades behind her, and having been sufficiently recollected herself, Himari proceeded to head to where most of the crowd of students going. She leisurely ambled towards the canteen, with the packet of sunflower seeds in her hand. Just when one student screamed something about following him, causing Himari to turn her head, she bumped into a young man who seemed to be a student like her ( Mistah Mistah ). She dropped her packet of seeds, causing some to spill on the floor. "Ah!" Himari quickly went down as she haphazardly picked up the seeds. When she looked up to apologize with an awkward smile, "I'm sorry for the-", she stopped as she saw his wild hair and let out a scream of surprise "wah!!" She dropped the seeds again.

James smiled as the the three girls approached him.

"Of course not!" he replied to the first, "Aye, as am I!" he said to the other.

He caught the eye of the girl riding with the lady in the wheelchair, and his eyes turned just as vicious and hungry as hers for a moment, but that was all he could read of her before she turned to face the window.

His powers were not quite so focused as they had been in the illusion. There, he had believed he was full, and so his senses had been sharp.

He felt the shame and embarrassment of the person who had caused his death in the simulation, however, because he could suddenly feel a gap of attention, where someone was steadfastly trying to avoid his attention.

And something.......

Something else............

A darkness. A shadow. Suddenly, the young man that had sat next to him in the simulation was gone. Suddenly, the hatred and malice of his ancestor mantled over him as he stood, chanting darkly under his breath. James could feel the presence of the young lad still inside, overwhelmed by this dark presence.

"Pardon me for a moment, m'ladies," he said to the girls. Striding to the left of the possessed child, he swung out a hand.

"C A L M Y O U R S E L F" he said, speaking to the child behind the cloak of darkness, jolting his shoulder with a strong pat, his grip grew solid and steadied the lad after the jolt.

He swung an eye to the teacher that had been about to take everyone to the cafeteria, hoping to catch his eye.

~Saruki~​
Waking up was disorienting, though nice. At least she knew she was in reality again, and on top of that she could feel the link she had with her brother again. A long, thankful sigh left her lips. It always made her nervous when she couldn't feel her older brother. There was a woman speaking to them, telling them about their grade. Before she even opened it, she hoped she had gotten a zero. She wanted to provide these assholes with a bit of challenge. She didn't want to play into their hands.

A zero. Good. A smile spread across her lips, and she ruffled her pink hair as she sat up, swinging her legs off the edge of the bed. Some people seemed to be a little worse for ware, upset at their grades or at their predicaments. One boy from another small group of ten tried to leave. This only caught the attention of a teacher.

Troubled students, huh? What better way to meet up with her brother, she supposed. No reason to cause a scene here. It wouldn't net them anything. So... she stood, going over to the teacher with an air of almost aloof confidence. "Hi," she called out with a wave to the person who had gotten stopped by the teacher, "Nice to meet you. I'm Saruki, and if I had to guess you're one of the rejec- I mean troubled students? I am too." She grinned with wide, slightly crazy eyes up at the teacher, then back to the boy with less intensity, "And I'm proud to be on that list. It's certainly more interesting than being a wimpy normal student."

(( Osuka Osuka , elextrified elextrified Could only do one of my character posts at the moment. I'll try to get the other two done as soon as I can. :) ))

Zango's search for the one who had saved his life was challenging to say in the least as the abundance of present bodies made it seemingly impossible to figure out who specially had helped him during the simulation. Zango became more agitated throughout his search the longer it seemed to have take, but nevertheless managed to keep his cool to prevent making himself look like an unstable psychopath. Zango began to run his hand through his long hair which he had considered numerous times to be cut shorter, but Zango had always been a fan of his long and unkempt hair allowing his bias to persuade his decision from ever getting it cut. Zango released a heavy sigh deciding that it would be best to continue his search at a different time as it seemed like he was getting nowhere with his current search.

He continued walking around to see if he could memorize any faces from his simulation to see how they were personally handling their scores. He knew some people might have failed while others possibly scored tremendously high, but he knew some people were still shaken by the whole test in general due to how real it felt and how dangerous these villains could be. In reality, Zango felt heavily exhausted after the whole incident as the sight of watching dozens of people get instantly vaporized wasn't exactly something Zango could shake out of his head even if it hadn't of been real. A heavy yawn began to escape his mouth causing his eyes to shut for what seemed like a split second before he had collided with an unknown object throwing him a bit off balance. Recuperating from the sudden collision Zango realized that he had bumped into an actual person. He couldn't make out her words as he was entirely paying attention, but noticed that because of him she had split something all over the floor. Reaching down to assist her he was met quickly with a sudden yelp which quickly made Zango jump back a bit with a look of confusion that had overtaken his face. "Uh...I'm sorry?" He replied not wanting to seem hostile which had seemed to vibe he had gave off after crashing into her.

MirrorBoy MirrorBoy

Teslie Coila
Guyle Heston
A.K.A
Bullwhip
Guyle listened to the girl as he steadied himself on his feet, it would seem he'd been in that bed for a while and his first footsteps were a little clumsy, he held his breath for the briefest of moments as she extended her hand towards him. He knew himself a little, and was aware he was likely misinterpreting the simple gesture misunderstanding any intention she might have had, though it was perhaps his own thoughts that made him hesitate before taking her hand. It was a small action, the tips of his callous fingers barely touching hers. The boy thought for a second to himself. Should I say something? Or just sorta walk? I'll just walk, wait for her to talk.

The wannabe hero took a single step forward and was about to speak up.

BUZZ

"Uhh..." Guyle pulled his phone from his jacket pocket, it was functional, if a little bit aged, reading the text he'd received from someone he didn't recognise. He thought yet again to himself before replying, odds are it had something to do with the school seeing as how the... simulation was.

Sudo
them
Welcome to the school.
them
Just a friendly hello. :angel:
me
Umm... Hello?
me
Should I know you?

Guyle glanced back at Runa "I.. Umm sorry about that, got some weird message from some stranger... heh..."

Damafaud Damafaud

Steve drew in a breath before bolting to his feet and looking around him rapidly, his blue eyes wide and crazed with shock. After a few seconds, he calmed down. He still had all of his clothes on from the fight with Tempest, so it stood to reason that they hadn't tried any weird crap on him. But there was no dirt on him and the pain had completely vanished.
"You mean that was just a simulation? So the headmistress is still alive?" Despite barely knowing the woman, Steve breathed a sigh of relief. So far as he knew, she hadn't done anything to deserve to die like that and he'd feel pretty terrible about that. He picked up the tablet. "Okay, let's see the grade." He read the grade and the short description. A fifty. Also, he needed to think before acting. "Fifty? Fair enough. I really didn't think that through at all." he muttered, eyes still pointed toward the tablet.

"Huh?" His head jerked upward upon hearing 'I know where the cafeteria is.' His stomach made a guttural, maybe even demonic, growl. He hadn't eaten anything all day... "Yeah, okay." With that, he put the tablet down and walked out into the hall with the others.
YffreJephre YffreJephre @Blackrose7 Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Last edited:

RUNA WINTERFIELD
GYMNASIUM

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

Her eyes lighted up when she heard the word phone. The boy's awkward attempt to hold her hand was all forgotten. Her mother had declined to buy her one until she reached the age of 16, but when her power was discovered, she impatiently waved the matter of phone aside and told her not to worry over it and promised to give her one later. Which she never did until Runa left for school. She had planned to remind her mother of her promise, but she was stuck phoneless for the present.

"Can I see?" Runa scooted over to the boy's side and took a peek at the screen. It wasn't exactly polite, but her curiosity wins her manner.

"Sudo? Do you know anyone named Sudo? Maybe it's a teacher? How about a senior? Ohh, it could be someone from our year! " She smiled brightly at the boy, before realising how she was acting and hastily took a step back. Runa could feel her blood flowing to her face as she stared at the floor. Embarrassed? Very much so. Shyly, she moved her gaze back to the boy's eyes.

"Um, sorry about that. Well, nice to meet you. Can I have your name?"

~Vurudial~​
Vurudial woke, and in similar fashion as his sister, he was relieved that he could sense her again. With a long sigh escaping his less than enthused lips, he tapped the file that contained his grade and rolled his eyes at it. They actually gave him points... the idiots. Their point system was either flawed, or they gave him pity points because it didn't matter either way. He was trapped here, literally since they were in the air on a floating school, and would remain as such until they could get on the ground somehow.

He eyed the strange duo that spoke to their group. A girl and her... shadow self? No clue. He refocused himself and scanned around for Saruki. These other people didn't matter right now, even for curiosity's sake. Once he was near his sister again, he would allow himself more room to ponder and analyze the different individuals here. This looked like a huge gym, easily big enough to qualify as a small stadium, and they were using the space well. Because of this, it took him a little while to find Saruki. He hadn't paid attention to the teacher's shouts about delinquent students, so he didn't have that voice to guide him in the right direction.

Still, once his gaze found her, he hopped off the bed wordlessly. Vurudial headed to Saruki, not interested in talking to anyone. Even once he got to the group, he did little but glare lazily at the other delinquent or elemental students, and then at the teacher himself. He was a strange one. He looked human, but something felt off about him. All the same, it wouldn't matter. If this man needed to die later on for them to be able to escape, it was best that Vurudial learn what he could about the man now. Despite this... he still didn't really want to talk.
(( Osuka Osuka , OnyxReaper OnyxReaper ))

Sudo
them
Welcome to the school.
them
me
Umm... Hello?
me
Should I know you?
them
Not yet.
them
$ sudo apt-get install nial_liv

Himari

When Himari realized her outburst befuddled the young man as she had been shocked by his wild hairstyle, she got nothing short of embarrassed. Abashed by the situation, Himari was sent to the further depths of humility when he apologized in a discombobulated tone of voice. The thought of causing trouble for a stranger was never a problem for Himari before. She quickly recollected herself, gathered the remaining of the seeds into the packet, patted herself of dust, and made an abrupt about-face. Her face was red as an octopus!

Trying to defuse the situation, Himari faced the man again. As she thought, she still could not look directly.
"A-ahem!" Clearing her throat before bowing, saying, "I'm sorry for the trouble I caused. Thank you very much for helping me...!" She said, politely and calmly as if the debacle never had happened. "Er... with the seeds, I mean," said Himari, raising her head to meet with the sharp but confused eyes of the young man. She fidgeted with the paper bag's upper half where it was clearly labeled as sunflower seeds with a cute sticker. She cleared her throat again, getting her thoughts running and breaking the momentary silence that was almost deafening. "You are a student as well, correct? My name is Himari Tachimori, I'm a Nature magic-user and... Again, sorry for the trouble!" Said she, starting with a rigid and formal introduction with her head up high and ending into another apology as her thoughts wandered back toward her outburst.

((( Mistah Mistah )))

Serena was happy that James said yes to that question, because she wanted to get to know him, Chiara, and Ariella better. ’Yay, and I am curious of what they did for their exam here.’ thought Serena, for she hasn’t no idea what the other kids did for their exam here. She only knows what happen in the Tempest group, since Serena was just putting the injured into her portal while some of the other kids were trying to fight against Tempest or was trying to run away from him.
As Serena was going to follow James towards the cafeteria with Ariella and Chiara, she then saw him going to some boy for an unknown reason. ’I wonder why he went to that boy?’ thought Serena. She has no idea that En was possessed, and even if Serena did knew about that. She couldn’t do anything about it, for she isn’t specialize in dealing with evil spirits here.
Serena just waited for James to come back, and then looked at Ariella and Chiara, because she was going to ask them about their exam here.’Should I wait for that boy to come back, because I don’t want to leave him out of the exam conversation here.’ thought Serena. She really doesn’t like to leave people out of the conversation, since Serena doesn’t know if someone is too shy to talk here.
YffreJephre YffreJephre Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Teslie Coila
Guyle Heston
A.K.A
Bullwhip
Guyle gave an earnest smile to the girl before offering her his name. "The names Heston, Guyle Heston" The young boy had the sudden odd compulsion to tell Runa that he 'Liked it shaken, not shtirred' but managed to fight back his sudden feeling.

The boy thought again for a moment before speaking again "Well it's nice to meet you as well, you got my mind off some stuff so I'm happy, I'm honestly only really here for a sorta contract thing, what about you, why are you here?" He gave her an unabashed smile before he glanced at his phone again, having recieved yet another text from the odd individual, he'd come to assume one of three options, either this was a teacher, which would explain why they had his contact info, a hacker, or a villain. He'd assumed that the first option was the correct one, but wasn't too sure himself; there was no real reason a villain would be interested in him, the same went for hackers.

Sudo
them
Welcome to the school.
them
me
Umm... Hello?
me
Should I know you?
them
Not yet.
them
me
Just tell me who you are, I'm not a big fan of mysteries
me
I don't know what that was, but I'm wiping this phone

Deathkitten Deathkitten Damafaud Damafaud

Gymnasium

"Auh...?" Hanazeil blinked as the ceiling of a building was now in place of the bright blue sky. He initiated a staring contest with it. "Was...was that experience not real? Or... am I missing key details..." His head slowly turned to his left as he took in the new surrounding. Clearly, he was in some part of the school. A very large and open part of the school. Swanky tunes boinked out his jeans pocket as he slid his right hand in, bringing a cellphone into view. 15 messages. 7 missed calls. Wow. Surprised at not the amount of texts nor calls but at the fact that they were all from his paranoid aunt, he leaned forward, back no longer on the bed. "Extrance exam huh..." Barely catching the words of the white-haired beauty he nonchalantly scrolled through the received messages.

The screen lit up with the cellphone's brand name before going black as he exchanged it for the cool looking tablet beside him. The thing was as big as his brother's Kendal, maybe even bigger. Hanazeil avoided the walk down memory lane knowing how it'd end as he scanned his grade and comments. "Delinquent student... Right." Instead of frowning he held the diamond plate attached to a chain he was wearing. Somehow by the gods, he passed. Somehow by the gods, he would make it up to all those lives he took and those that could've been taken. Somehow... Taking a glance at the tablet once more he realized the little note at the bottom. Seems like there was an instructor of sorts he was supposed to meet with. "Lu-Dao." He looked up and around in case they were already in the room, his eyes darting in the direction of a voice calling out for Elemental Manipulators and troubled students. Hanazeil smirked at the convenience of the situation before getting off the bed and leaving the tablet in his wake. It was Go time.

Approaching ( Osuka Osuka elextrified elextrified )

RUNA WINTERFIELD
GYMNASIUM

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

The question sent Runa back into her thought. Why was she there? Her mother told her it was for her to meet new people, but she could have done that by going to the city. She was told that the school was the beginning of her journey. But what journey and where would it end? Frankly, she had been there because her mother told her to. Would that be the correct answer? Or was there something else in what her mother had said...

Then she remembered about Stravius in her hand.

"My mom told me this is where I can start my journey. I'm a spell bard, you see."

She held Stravius, her precious lute, in front of her for him to see. As if responding to her call, it let go a warm blue glow from its neck. Runa had seen it done that before. The glow, she had theorised, represented her feeling when she called it. Blue was calm. Red was anger. That was all she knew.

"I want to find out what I will do in the future. I'm still not sure for now."

Sudo
them
Welcome to the school.
them
me
Umm... Hello?
me
Should I know you?
them
Not yet.
them
me
Just tell me who you are, I'm not a big fan of mysteries
me
I don't know what that was, but I'm wiping this phone
them
Lol. I was just teasin' you. I derped and c/p'd a thing I was doin' for prep. I'm a tech student. I was installin' a package and did that in the message instead.
them
Sorry bout that. I texted a buncha new students as soon as their scores got through. Getting a head start on meeting the newbies and all that. Teachers get kinda pissed when I do stuff like this, so don't tell on me? :P

(( OnyxReaper OnyxReaper ))

Ariella & Chiara

Chiara watched as another girl came over with the intent to eat as well. turning to the girl Chiara sent the woman a smile and spoke. "Hello there. My names Chiara. Are you a student here as well?" Chiara asked the girl as she held out a hand for a small handshake. It was nice to try and make some new friends but just before she could get an answer the guy that was gonna lead them to the cafeteria went off, Apologizing and asking the girls to wait a little as it seemed he had to do something. "Well there goes our guide." Chiara said with a sigh as she brought her hand to Ariellas head after the handshake with the other hungry girl.
Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back