• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Astrella's Boarding School for the Powered ~ Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The smell of the dank cavern next to the ocean wasn't something he expected it to be. To say the least, he wasn't exactly a fan of, but if something was wrong, well... He had the Brisbanian Brawlers' reputation to uphold. After they would've stepped off the liquid platform of an elevator, a small portion of it would slip away from its main body to coalesce around his hand. He could hear the echos of the girl's cry further up the cavern, and it only served as a catalyst for memories. All too soon, however, before he could even begin to remember, the heart-wrenching cry had turned into a blood-curdling scream that set his heart to pounding. It wasn't more than a few seconds after that the chill that ran through his veins became like lava, and he found himself marching forward, past the alien, and further into the cave.

"Whateva' the bloody shit is happenin' to that kid," he growled under his breath, teeth clenched and grinding. "I'm gonna face-fuck the thing responsible for it with my fist. Do whateva ya gonna do, mate, n' meet me there."

The last time he was this angry, it was his own fault. Tsunami had gotten mixed in with a bad crowd before he joined Victoria's school in Canada, and made enemies with a few rival crowds of higher ill-repute than his own crew. It all came to a head in a street fight between the two of them, and when his own group had won, the enemy faction decided to make it personal - break one of the unspoken rules between them: Drag in family. It was when he first got a taste of what he was truly capable of, and his abilities had come bursting from him in the form of broken pipes and tanks. They dragged his little sister into the fight, and the cry of pain was all too similar to what had happened before.

"I'll freakin' murderize 'em," he grumbled. "Pickin' on some little kid - How about you pick on someone ya own size, ya bloody shitstains!!" The last portion he had barked out, drawing the saber he had on his left side into his right hand, but the blade seemed to shorten itself to accommodate for the tight quarters in the room.

Let it never be said that the wrath of a big brother wasn't apparent.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

Brigid Maeve Gallagher
With the dragon

‘Oh, thanks,’ Brigid said as she took her seat. Considering that she was thanking one of her fellow students and not the Fae, she figured it was safe. What wasn’t safe was their food. At this also being mentioned, she nodded her head and quietly agreed, ‘Oh yeah, definitely.’

From there she seemed to go right back to studying the place around them.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Osuka Osuka

The Forest​
Elizar Rolonk and Mia
1548586564643.pngMia's attention shifted from the cathedral of trees and the sleeping beast back onto the other girl that she had originally been here to talk to. She signed at her quickly, and Mia stared in confusion. She didn't know sign language... should she... she could look it up, but she wasn't supposed to connect to the internet.

Oh... this would be too awkward if she didn't.

Her eyes flashed bright blue for a few seconds before she smiled at the girl, finally understanding what she had said. Was she deaf?

"[My name is Mia. Nice to meet you,]" she signed, looking back towards the beast, "[I'm unsure. I feel like it might be dangerous, but at the same time, as strange as it sounds, it feels like the forest wanted us to find this location. It seems like it just popped up out of nowhere. I wonder if the other students are experiencing similar?]"

Her head was rolling a bit with the flood of information the very short internet connection had given her. This was what a headache was like, wasn't it? No matter, she could ignore it, at least for the time being... though she did wonder if her dad would notice she popped online for a few seconds. Last time she had done so, he was so irritated with her.

As they were conversing, the beast stirred a bit, rolling over and stretching lazily. The fluffy, ghostly blue of the mana creature's fur shifted about as it turned not one, not two, but three heads to look at the two of them. It would become abundantly clear that the huge creature was some kind of cerberus, although apparently not of the hellish variety. The dog stood up, easily taller than they were, and just watched the two of them curiously, huge tail wagging back and forth with incredible force.

(( Kyrenka Kyrenka Sorry it took forever.))

IMG_20190122_075557.jpg
--Wild x Cyclone--
Osuka Osuka Deathkitten Deathkitten

Aero followed his fellow student before he was instructed to do whatever he needs to do before storming off deeper into the cave.

"I wonder if he'll be ok..." Aero asked as he watched the angered student head deeper into the cave.

"Who knows." Cyclone replied as he floated towards him, cracking its' fiery fists. "I agree with that guy though. I'm rarin to go buck wild at those asshats too!" He said with a toothy grin, bearing his fangs. "Wild! Bond! Now!"

"R-Right!" Aero nodded as he placed his palm onto Cyclone's chestplate, causing his flame like body to lose form and engulf his armor parts and Aero in a ball of green flame for a few seconds.

IMG_20190128_152422.jpg
(*Replace the blue undersuit with neon green light form)

Afterwards, a bright green, beast like silhouette emerged, bearing the features of both Cyclone and a human.

"Let's go!" Cyclone's voice said, prompting the body to nod. Thus, the fusion of Aero Wild and Cyclone marched deep into the cave...

~Elizar Rolonk~​

Elizar let out a heavy sigh of relief. Oh thank goodness she understands me. She'd have to be mindful next time though; most people didn't know ASL after all. Most normal people, she amended. The mute carefully watched the other girl's, Mia's, hands as they neatly signed. Elizar rolled the suggestion around in her head. It made sense. This forest was much more aware than normal plantlife; it wasn't a huge leap to assume that the trees here were sentient enough to lead them here. Movement out of the corner of her eye caused the dark-haired girl's head to turn. The creature on the pedestal of the cathedral-like structure was moving. Its glowing blue pelt rippled as it raised its...heads? Elizar blinked as three heads stared back at her, before what the creature was finally sunk in. A dog! While plants were definitely the love of her life, the mute absolutely adored most animals as well. Turning to grin excitedly at Mia, Elizar quickly signed, "[I'm going to pet it.]" Keeping her eagerness in check, Elizar made her way carefully towards the beast; she didn't want to frighten it. Stopping a few feet away from it, the mute had to crane her neck a little to make eye-contact with the Cerberus-like creature. The dark-haired girl smiled as she offered her free hand for the creature to smell. A cautious voice in the back of her head warned her that this was dangerous but she brushed it aside. No matter where she went, nature had always protected her. Despite how different the plantlife here was, she trusted them to not lead her into danger.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Cave
146311-jugra.jpgThe cave continued down as an only partially steep slope of rocks for at least five-hundred feet before leveling off. The underground creek was burbling calmly, no longer affected by the ebbing and flowing of the waves outside. The water's noises echoed off the walls, though much quieter than the ocean, and the sound of the young girl ceased entirely. No more whimpering. Just silence.

Now, most kids who find a cave like this with a crying child somewhere inside would probably go ahead and attempt to find a teacher. Most would also probably at least attempt to be quiet instead of shouting into the darkness... but not these intrepid adventurers!

Their sounds, from footsteps to the yelling cries of indignation, ricocheted off the walls and the water. The sounds tumbled along until they faded into unintelligibleness and finally disappeared altogether.

1549886350689.pngMinutes passed of quiet walking and perhaps even conversation between the three kids, but from the distance, another sound emerged. A soft taca-taca, taca-taca of hard appendages on the floor like wood or maybe bone echoed off the stone. It got closer and closer until the creator of the sound could be seen. A man-sized creature of sludge-like flesh and protruding bones appeared around the corner.

It kind of had a maw, made up of long, sharp, oblong teeth that matched the other strange jutting pieces of the monstrosity. Though there were no eyes to the creature, it seemed to have an idea as to where the kids were. It sped up to close the distance between them, legs clacking like a bug's.

Osuka Osuka Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

A Dragon and a Fae Court
1550380363425.pngThe cute but hyper-looking faerie finally lost the battle with her eagerness and zipped out from around the corner a minute or two after the other girl had left. She didn't have any obvious wings, but she flew nonetheless and landed on the table impressively quickly. The new girl ducked behind the bread and peeked out, looking over all of them.

"You're new," she said, voice as quiet as soft flower petals, though even with the gentle demeanor of her tone, the underlying energy was still just as excited, "I haven't seen any kids since last year. There's always a few that follow him, you know. Most don't follow all the way into the house though... You're interesting. Powerful. Smart. Curious... well... Smart if you know how to handle Fae, anyway."

"So why'd you come in?" she asked, climbing up on top of the bread and tearing herself off a piece. She took that crumb and sniffed it, but her nose wrinkled a little and she tossed it back in the basket, "You know Faerie and Fae in general like to mess with humans... right? I mean, you have one with you, don't you?"

She swung her feet down over the edge of the basket and motioned to Niixia and Waylin, "You guys are bound somehow, yeah? They'll ask about that... Did you have something to offer them? Or a reason to be here? I must imagine you wanted something... why else come in the house? Or... did the dragon trick you? I don't think you're ones we can keep though... so probably not that... hmm. The school and the dragon's rider have a deal. We don't take students, you see, so that couldn't be it. Please, indulge me with your answers? I want to know about you all. Tell me stories. Tell me where you come from."

She zipped again, as fast as a hummingbird, and landed firmly in Fay's hair. She nuzzled up to his ear and sniffed him a little, "Like you. You smell like a mage... and your clothes are so warm."

Osuka Osuka Kyrenka Kyrenka Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

The Forest
1550381202040.pngYou are not welcome here, the creature replied, voice echoing from the woods themselves instead of her mouth, Your elder... is not welcome here. You are an uncertainty. Welcome or not. Are you vile? Evil?

She flew close again, landing just on the other side of the magic circles. Take away. Close the mirror and take away. You stole them. These stones. You stole them. Are you evil?

That bag was not yours. Your elder is... bad influence. We cannot trust he will not try to harm the forest. Will you remove him? She reached out and ran a claw along the mirror's frame, peering at it with distrust and disdain, You come with the school, but they allow evil now. Evil small ones. To fix them. Some evil cannot be fixed. Do you think your elder can be fixed? He is not a small one, but he is evil... but is he a fixable evil? Do you think? We attack because of theft. Repulsive, evil, to take another's things if they are the right to own it.

Astralworks Astralworks

Cabins
cabins.jpgOmura watched as children scattered, either picking out their cabin, annoying teachers/other students, or running off in some random direction. He sighed, walking up once more to Lu-Dao. It had been at least a good ten minutes since he had last seen the emo teenager that was that student. Tsunami. Lu-Dao was being accosted by questions, so it was of little surprise that he was a bit too busy to notice. Hell... he hadn't noticed either, if he was being honest. The kid moved silently, apparently.

He cleared his throat to get the teacher's attention, "Sage Lu-Dao." He used the title in hopes of denoting the importance of his commentary, "I'm a little concerned. I know you have some... trouble students, if we can call them that. I don't know how many you have, however. Would be too troublesome for me to ask for you to do a head count? Perhaps I'm being silly, but I don't think I saw that one stubborn, blue-haired child go into a building."

His eyes shifted to the side, trying to hide his frustration with the boy, "He... seems like the sort to find a way to make trouble, or at the very least doesn't seem like he'd be respectful to the Fae."

(( Osuka Osuka Kyrenka Kyrenka WeaselThor WeaselThor Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Short and sweet, but everyone's nearby as far as I could tell so they'd all hear, I believe.))

Tsunami:

Well this was mighty creepy. To be sure, he wasn’t scared, but it was enough to rest his left hand on the pommel of his sword. His goal from this point on was not only to avoid dying again, but to overcome whatever it was that attacks him. It didn’t matter what it was – if it came after him, it was going down, and that was an oath on not only his honor, but as a future member of the Brawlers. A future member of Australia’s foremost protectors and competitors in the Super community.

Dark caves? Those were nothing. Burbling water? A pattern. The echoes were a thing he could rely on. For now, the chatter of his current ally was nothing more than droning. If there was a lost child, in this kind of territory, it might have been some sort of feral magickal creature or mythical beast, but he didn’t do enough studies in those sorts of things. There was a certain nerdy mage he wished he had around at the moment, or even the Goddess Teacher who ran the kid’s class, but all he had for now was a sword, the ball of water he kept floating behind him, his sight, and his ears.

It wouldn’t take long for those good ol’ trusty ears of his to pick something up. A break in the normal pattern of the ambiance. Something that sounded like it didn’t belong, and his hand immediately came up as a fist in an attempt to quietly stop his comrade from moving entirely. The clicking sound was nearing, and Tsunami immediately flagged for the boy to take cover to the right of the cavern, himself moving left to crouch behind a cleft in the wall.

The sight that greeted them was something out of a video game hellbent on being as horrifying and grotesque as possible, what with its rotting, congealed flesh and dagger-like bones jutting forth to create spider-like legs that clicked and tapped across the rock floor. If it was something native to these caves, there was no use hiding, so there was only one course of action. As the thing began to surge forward, the ball of water behind Tsunami seemed to harden before he snatched it, reared out of the cleft in the wall, and threw it with all of his might.

“Run n’ get a teacher!!” he barked to the other. “I’ll hold it off – otherwise they won’t know where the hell we were!”

If the ice spike hit the creature, just before landing, it would split into a shotgun-like blast and aim for the front portion. That having been done, he would call another ball of water from around the area, draw his sword, and dart forward with the blade in front of him, keeping his guard up as he roared.

“Come at me, you rotten bastard!” he yelled, snarling. “Make it worth my time!”

Deathkitten Deathkitten Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

Lu-Dao:

The man didn't have to say much. By the time Mr. Omura was halfway through his sentence to suggest doing a headcount, Lu-Dao was already spinning around to look at the group he had brought with him.... And Tsunami was missing. Lu-Dao's blood boiled, then went cold as he looked over them, and though his visage didn't change even the slightest, his mind was racing. Tsunami had raced off for some reason or another, and he wasn't able to tell what for. He was stupid for having let his guard down - he should've never let his guard down for even a second.

"Everyone is to follow the instruction of Mr. Omura," he said, his voice flat and even as he started pacing away, fists balled. "If anyone is caught disobeying his order - unless there is a reasonable moral conflict, you will face appropriate consequences."

He was gone once he hit the tree-line, darting off with the speed of a bullet through and around the foliage that dared obstruct the quickest path to his student. The boy had at least left tracks, though it looked as if he had tried to be careful.

Tsunami had a lot to learn from his last brush against the cold embrace of death, and he would do everything in his power to ensure it would never happen again.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Fay:

Back at the manor, a whole different battle was brewing on an entirely different front: This one was a war of deception and wit, and one that had far more dire consequences than death. Already the little faerie most definitely native to Faerie was already starting her own strategy, in which information would win the war. Fay wouldn’t be able to interject in this, however, and kept his mouth shut tight. It was a direct question, and one Waylin, he hoped, knew how to properly deflect. Either him or his Guardian of sorts, though whether they did or not, Fay wouldn’t be able to intervene. He already picked his plus-one.

Though he wouldn’t be keeping his mouth shut for long. The faerie that had asked questions before was now bearing on him, and automatically his wards blinked into reality as if they were nothing more than breathing…. On the outside. There were multiple flags that had popped up in his mind, and not only was his mental barrier up, but the mana well he had in his core was locked, and his skin was covered in a millimeter sheen of magick. Thankfully, doing so was nothing on the offense of things, so as far as he knew, he wasn’t insulting the manor.

He was a mage, and the question the faerie asked wasn’t out of curiosity: She already knew. All she needed was verbal confirmation.

“I know a few things,” he started. “But I would like to think I’m versed in many different fields. As far as where I’m from, it isn’t as important as where I’m going, I would think.”

As far as he could tell, his response wasn’t going to give much – definitely not his name. He would use a pen-name instead. If they figured out his name from that, then it would be fine. They wouldn’t know the exact inflections he put into his name, and his middle name was more closely guarded as a secret than anything else in his entire life.

“How about you? Why don’t you tell us a little bit about yourself – we would like to know who we give our respects to for being so gracious.”

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

~Taylor Walker~​

The boy he had mistook for Kaleb looked shell-shocked. Either he's never been hugged before or he's got something else on his mind. When the boy didn't react, Taylor gratefully took the opportunity to duck back into the crowd of scattering students in order to get away. Face burning, the mage made sure that the other boy was out of sight before letting his embarrassment take over. How the hell did I mistake some rando for Kaleb!? He was getting sloppy, which would eventually lead to more mistakes. Staring at the other kids forming groups and excitedly investigating cabins, the blond felt his face cool down as he frowned. Staying constantly vigilante would only make him paranoid and tired; he knew that. It also won't help the whole "Make Friends" front. Despite that, the blond couldn't completely force the tension out of his body. Just find Kaleb. He's trustworthy. A voice in the back of his mind told him that he was relying on the younger boy too much, but he angrily shoved the thought aside. What was it that Nick said? A few good friends are better than a hundred acquaintances? Something like that...

Taylor had started scanning the crowd again when the teacher that was a part of their group grabbed his attention. Oh shit, he looks pissed. "Everyone is to follow the instruction of Mr. Omura. If anyone is caught disobeying his order - unless there is a reasonable moral conflict, you will face appropriate consequences." With that, the man sprinted and practically vanished once he hit the tree line. Well damn. Even if Taylor wanted to, there was no way he was fast enough to follow the teacher. Taylor stared at the tree line for a little while longer before analyzing the students around him again. There were too many people, and he couldn't see Kaleb past all of the taller students. Maybe he's avoiding me. Again, the mage stomped the rogue thought down. This was fine. This gave Taylor the chance to make new friends. His heartbeat quickened at the thought of sharing a room with a stranger and the mage did his best to reign in his anxiety. What was wrong with him? He's been sharing a dorm room with multiple strangers for a while now; why was he freaking out now? Eyeing the cabins warily, the blond began approaching the one furthest from the haunted one. I just need to freshen up, Taylor thought to himself, Maybe even take a nap or something. Once he was in front of his chosen cabin, the mage knocked on the door. When there was no response, he quickly entered the, thankfully, empty cabin. Shutting the door, the blond wasted no time in placing his egg on the bed. He immediately spotted a somewhat large bag at the foot of the bed, and opened it hesitantly. There's no way that this bag is mine, right? Reaching in and pulling out his pajama pants, Taylor couldn't help but smile. Well damn, guess I should've given the people here more credit. Eagerly dumping the bag and sorting through its contents, Taylor was pleased to find that most of his toiletries and make-up had made the trip. Less pleased, the blond found that the only outfits that had made it were his pajamas and some old clothes he wore when exercising. I can work with this. Settling next to the egg on the bed, Taylor eagerly began the process of fixing his appearance. Hopefully the rest of the trip goes smoothly.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Waylin & Nixiia~​

Amusement. Waylin could feel Nixiia's uneven breathing as she held in her laughter while smacking him lightly. Their bond was much lighter than a few seconds before, which was the mage's goal. So what if she didn't tell him about Fae Courts or whatever? He never explained who the president of India was or how human government worked. She told me everything about what she is. That's all I need to know. The faerie's presence was suddenly close to Waylin's ear again as she said, "There's a new faerie watching us. Not sure if she's going to come in though." Curiosity. When he had first brought Nixiia home, there was a lot of panic and questions that came with their return. His mother had brought out some old books that had various supernatural creatures within them, but his faerie was significantly different from the faeries in the book. It led them to believe that there were different subcategories of faeries with different customs and, potentially, abilities. Waylin wanted to investigate their hypothesis so badly, especially since there were other fae around, but Nixiia was being cautious and this was unfamiliar territory so it was best to follow her lead. It'd be a shame if I came all this way only to die.

Waylin's only warning that the faerie had moved was the feeling of Nixiia's body shifting on his shoulder. "You're new." The mage's head twitched towards the sound of the soft voice. "I haven't seen any kids since last year. There's always a few that follow him, you know. Most don't follow all the way into the house though... You're interesting. Powerful. Smart. Curious... well... Smart if you know how to handle Fae, anyway." Offense. Nixiia made a quiet growl, but otherwise stayed silent. Amusement. The faerie hated even the slight implication that she was the mage's pet. A few curious but foolish humans had already made that unfortunate mistake. He doubted that that was what the other faerie meant when she said that, but Nixiia was obviously a little short-tempered today. Speaking of which. The mage could feel her eyes glaring at him from atop his shoulder. Smothering his glee, Waylin did his best to keep a neutral expression as the other faerie continued. "So why'd you come in? You know Faerie and Fae in general like to mess with humans... right? I mean, you have one with you, don't you?" Something bitter seeped into their bond, making Nixiia's displeasure known. "You guys are bound somehow, yeah? They'll ask about that... Did you have something to offer them? Or a reason to be here? I must imagine you wanted something... why else come in the house? Or... did the dragon trick you? I don't think you're ones we can keep though... so probably not that... hmm. The school and the dragon's rider have a deal. We don't take students, you see, so that couldn't be it. Please, indulge me with your answers? I want to know about you all. Tell me stories. Tell me where you come from." There was a sound, The faerie's flying, he correctly guessed, before her voice chimed from a different location. "Like you. You smell like a mage... and your clothes are so warm." It took a mage a few beats to realize that she wasn't talking about him, but rather a different student.

Waylin waited for Nixiia to speak up, but she stayed surprisingly silent. Either she felt that giving any information up would put them at a disadvantage, or she was being petty and ignoring the other faerie. Probably the latter. However, the other student deemed it alright to answer the faerie; although his answers were cryptic. The mage perked up in interest as the nameless boy asked “How about you? Why don’t you tell us a little bit about yourself – we would like to know who we give our respects to for being so gracious.” Curiosity. Admiration. The other student obviously knew what he was doing, and Waylin couldn't help but feel a little envious at how well he deflected the faerie's questions. Nixiia remained silent, most likely trying to avoid drawing the faerie's attention back to them, but the mage listened intently to the faerie's answer. He had a ton of questions, and anything the tiny fae said could possibly answer one of them.

Osuka Osuka Deathkitten Deathkitten Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

Short Time Skip

It is now Noon, and Ozarin and Omura have teleported everyone back to the ruins for a bit of an assembly, due to recent concerns.
1552877692702.png"There was an issue, a rather large concern that was so unceremoniously brought to the attention of Mr. Lu-Dao," Ozarin said, clearing his throat with his hands clasped in front of himself. His gruff demeanor caused him to look a bit like a handsome general when he did that, serious as could be, "We had to work a bit of magic, and got you all back here to the ruins from wherever you were in the forest. My apologies if you were looking at something, but objects other than what you're carrying could not have been brought with... not with the spell used, anyhow."

"To inform you all, there is now a Superhero concern on premises. Tsunami and Aero stumbled upon a cave that sits along the coast. They felt the need to explore this cave, due to concerning sounds emanating from within. In specific, they heard what seemed to be the cries of a young girl. In exploring, they ran into some trouble. A mutated creature, the origin of which is currently unknown, attacked them."

"Mr. Lu-Dao noticed Tsunami's absence and came to their aid just in time. He managed to get them out of there and take out the necro-creature as well," he continued to explain, but looked over at Lu-Dao with a bit of concern, "After he got back and alerted us, we summoned you all... but... we also had to alert authorities. You see, there was an APB sent out the other day, looking for a young girl. Disturbingly, the Occard Alliance may be involved in this kidnapping."

He paused, allowing the chatter to die down a bit, "We are still moving forward with the field trip, but we are moving things forward to make it shorter. Don't be surprised if you see some Superheroes around and unless they come up to you first, don't bother them. They may have some questions to ask of you, especially Tsunami and Aero."

"Now then. Do any of you have any questions? Lu-Dao, would you like to say anything? After that, we're doing lunch."

(( Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Osuka Osuka Kyrenka Kyrenka Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Astralworks Astralworks Steve Freeling Steve Freeling Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Dana Zane Dana Zane I forget if some of you are still in this one, so I'm sorry if I tagged you and you're not.))

Viona sat in the back of the group before she nervously raised her hand worried and asked " If that girl was kidnapped by occard Alliance and she was in a cave near us. Does that mean the Occard alliance is near us? Are we in danger?" She said breathing heavily through her mask worried with fear. She had heard of the occard Alliance and was generally terrified of them. Knowing they might be close sent her on edge and terrified her.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
~Taylor Walker~
Being teleported was not only jarring, but rude as fuck. The blond had literally been in the middle of retying his hair, this time with some hairspray to make it stay in place, when the world just seemed to shift uncomfortably and put him back in the ruins. Forcing his hair through one last loop, Taylor cursed under his breath as he smoothed out the wrinkles on his skirt. Fortunately, he had been able to actually put on makeup and fix his hair. Unfortunately, he had been teleported without either his egg or his phone. At least I have my knife, he thought bitterly. Sending a glare towards Ozarin and Omura, the scowl on his face slowly dropped at the hardened looks on the men's faces. The mage's stomach sank; Something's gone wrong. "To inform you all, there is now a Superhero concern on premises. Tsunami and Aero stumbled upon a cave that sits along the coast. They felt the need to explore this cave, due to concerning sounds emanating from within. In specific, they heard what seemed to be the cries of a young girl. In exploring, they ran into some trouble. A mutated creature, the origin of which is currently unknown, attacked them. Mr. Lu-Dao noticed Tsunami's absence and came to their aid just in time. He managed to get them out of there and take out the necro-creature as well. After he got back and alerted us, we summoned you all... but... we also had to alert authorities. You see, there was an APB sent out the other day, looking for a young girl. Disturbingly, the Occard Alliance may be involved in this kidnapping." He paused, allowing the chatter to die down a bit, "We are still moving forward with the field trip, but we are moving things forward to make it shorter. Don't be surprised if you see some Superheroes around and unless they come up to you first, don't bother them. They may have some questions to ask of you, especially Tsunami and Aero." Ozarin paused, before saying, "Now then. Do any of you have any questions? Lu-Dao, would you like to say anything? After that, we're doing lunch."

Taylor swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat. There was a kid here? This whole time? Memories, unwanted and unbidden, flashed through his mind. The blond squeezed his eyes shut and took in a shuddering breath. Calm down. Calming down was easier said than done, and by the time Taylor reopened his eyes he only felt marginally better. His own trauma aside, the thought that there was a child here, this whole time, made him sick with guilt. I couldn't have known, he reasoned, but the guilt remained. The mage blinked, and the brush of his eyelashes reminded him of the hours he had spent on his make-up and hair. Time he could've spent rescuing the kid like Tsunami and Aero did. Suddenly, he wanted to scrub it all off. His skin felt too tight and the only thing he could hear was his own wheezing breaths getting shorter and shorter. Calm down! The blond's eyes closed once again as he tried to relax. It took longer than he would've liked it, but Taylor eventually regained control of his breathing. Fuck. He hadn't had a panic attack in a while; granted he managed to stop this one, but he had hoped that the antidepressants that his therapist had prescribed would've stopped them completely. It looked like his dosage would have to be adjusted. The mage let out a soft groan at the thought. Adjusting is gonna be a fucking pain. Getting used to a new dosage was a lot more desirable than the not having the pills at all though. Taking in another deep breath and letting it out slowly, Taylor raised his hand and began speaking without waiting to be called on, "Is the girl OK? She's not harmed or anything?" The blond couldn't help but cringe at how rough his voice sounded. He sounded sick. Clearing his throat, Taylor's eyes flitted across the gathered students. It was selfish, but he wished that Kaleb or Fay were around. He needed a familiar face to ground him. He felt...vulnerable.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Elizar Rolonk~
To move from one location to another so unexpectedly apparently made Elizar very dizzy. The mute hunched over her egg as she tried to get the world to stop spinning so violently. Luckily, it appeared that people who were near each other when summoned remained close since Mia was still the same distance away from Elizar as before. Blinking as the tilting world slowed, the dark-haired girl used one hand to clumsily sign, "[Are you alright?]" Most of the other students appeared to be fine, but if she was dizzy then Mia might be too.

Whatever Mia's reply was, Elizar didn't have a chance to respond as Ozarin started speaking. With each word, the dark-haired girl felt her heart sink lower and lower. There was a child? Was she OK? Luckily, students were already throwing questions at the dragon rider and some blonde girl asked Elizar's question. It was still worrying though. Another girl had asked if the Occard Alliance was here, and that made the mute shift a little closer to Mia. They weren't ready to deal with something like this; Elizar wasn't ready! She knew that she'd face danger eventually, but she was expecting that to happen when they had graduated and were official superheroes, not while they were still students! Nervously, the mute grabbed Mia's attention before signing, "[Do you think we're safe?]" Skittishly, her hand returned to the surface of the egg and distractedly traced patterns on its ever-changing surface. Superheroes are coming, so we should be safe right? Plus we still have our teachers! We'll be safe.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Waylin & Nixiia~
Surprise. Alarm! While Nixiia was braced for a few surprises from the Fae, the sudden teleportation from the man with the dragon was not expected. Aside from a slight stumble from Waylin, he seemed to be faring well; unlike some other pale-faced students. Low chattering had already started among the students, causing the mage's head to tilt towards the loudest voices in confusion. The faerie didn't wait for him to ask before explaining, "We were teleported back to the ruins."

Disappointment. "I see," he muttered softly. Nixiia patted Waylin's cheek lightly; the mage was obviously dismayed about not getting to spend more time around the Fae, but it was sort of a relief for the tiny faerie. The last thing I need is for them to do something to him. However, as Nixiia took in the faces of the adults she felt her heart speed up. Dread. The mage immediately reached up with the hand that wasn't holding his egg to shield the faerie from being exposed. She snorted as she imagined how he must've looked with his head tilted towards his shoulder and a hand awkwardly cupped against his neck. "What is it?"

Nixiia's amusement quickly died as she spoke. "I don't know, but the teachers look..." she paused as she searched for the right word, "Concerned." 'Concerned' was an understatement; luckily, she didn't have to explain any further as Ozarin began speaking. Nixiia felt the bond between her and Waylin sour slightly at the news of the child. The world was a messy and somewhat dark place, so they were bound to experience something horrible eventually, but it didn't make it less ugly. Reassurance. The faerie leaned in and said, "At least she's safe now," which cleared some of the darkness hanging over their bond. Still, there was no telling how badly traumatized or hurt the experience left the poor girl. I don't think I want to know anyway. It was selfish, but there was nothing any of them could do about it so why agonize over it? Leaning into the warmth of Waylin's palm, Nixiia hoped that this wouldn't cause the mage to act rashly.

The faerie listened as various voices from behind the mage's hand began asking questions, but tuned them out at the sound of Waylin's voice. "Why would the heroes ask us questions? We weren't near there."

"To be thorough," she replied, "Someone might've seen one of the kidnappers or sensed something off. They're probably going to be searching the area for a few days too." The boy nodded in acceptance and made Nixiia jolt in surprise when he suddenly scooped her into his hand and placed her onto his head. Reassurance. Slightly annoyed at the sudden relocation, she sent a few bursts of frustration through their bond before settling down. She would've done more, but nervousness was dripping off of Waylin so she let it go. The news about the girl probably shook him up. Especially since the kidnappers might still be in the area. While it hurt her pride, she was willing to admit that she wasn't exactly the strongest creature out there. If she were on her own, she wouldn't stand a chance against an enemy. However, she wasn't on her own and could trust Waylin to have her back. Fluffing up a few locks in order to better hide herself, Nixiia made herself comfortable on the soft strands of her ward's hair. Content. Another reason why Waylin is the best human.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

En Valkyrie II --Twisted and more, part two--

Yellow eyes warily focused on the white creature as it spoke, the sheer volume just enough to stir-up whatever fearful thoughts plagued the younger.

Run.
Do you remember our destiny young one?

Trees shook somewhat, leaves falling around them, the grass fighting under En's careful steps backwards.

Run...!
Yes.

This was ridiculous, and he could no longer ignore the icky feeling rising from his stomach's pit. Teeth grit, his subconscious distanced the two, the black-haired wanderer under the full weight of the forest. En literally felt the inanimate life around him sizing him up for the crime he committed, although to him it seemed far deeper than that. His throat was all dried up as the hovering thing continued, going on about evil, and correction. Everything his family stood for, the actions of the elder, the lost memories he wanted to help recover, the pseudo destiny that initially made En I's possession a success. The white horror brought it all upon him, and unable to clear his head he succumbed, dropping on hands and knees, a burning illusion like hellfire taking him slowly. He closed his eyes.

Our destiny is to destroy the world.

En looked down at his hands oozing with sweat, fingers drawing dirt in an annoyed grip. He was confused, enraged, and most of all afraid of the whole situation. The forest clearly wanted something from him and his ancestor. It sought justice in having them both removed somehow. Instincts torn, he rose at a dying pace behind the summoned crowd, the other presences of no matter to him. Right now, he was threatened, and those opposing were about to pay.

Dark aura emanated off of En, sparkles falling into place to create a painfully bright card at his fingertips. "Dragon Emperor: Thunder." Pointed to the sky, the card only shone more as the mage activating it was completely engulfed in a black and violet spiral of magical energy. "Strike the source of all my fear," the swirling energy instantly dissipated, "with a bolt of draconic lightning through the air." Like a glass breaking of impact the held card became dust, as a streak of white death cut the sky, intent on wiping the winged beast along with its general area using pure divine lightning.

Deathkitten Deathkitten (All those that got teleported probably saw this)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back