• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic βœ΅ π’œπ“ˆπ“‰π“‡π’Άπ“ π“…π“π’Άπ“ƒπ‘’π“ˆ ✡ IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Panda chaos

The world without love is nothing I want to see.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

β†  Astra β†ž
Hello! And thank you for taking your time to read this;
here at The Astra we have dedicated our time to making the world a better place for humanity.
We have helped the human race reach many milestones, and we continue to do so today.
Where will our next milestone be? Space.
We have created a spacecraft that is capable to travel in space for a long period of time,
and we have the research needed to keep a human in space for just as long.
If you have received this letter you are the best in your field.
That's saying a lot; take some time to congratulate yourself!
You've made it this far and now we want to take you farther.
Professionals of all kinds from all over the world are needed in our efforts.
We would like you, yes you, to come to another world, and galaxy, with us!
You would be the first of our initiative to make a colony outside of the Milky way.
Once you take off there is no turning back, so be sure to have everything in order.
You have five weeks to decide; before we take off into space.
If you have any family they may come with you,
and please limit what you have on your person.
Any and all necessary items will be provided for you in the space station.
Now, there is limited space in the station.
So please act now and reach out to us if you would like to be the next generation space traveler!
If you would like any additional information about our efforts.
Please do not be shy to ask! Hope to see you very soon!​

You were one of the lucky few to receive the invitation by The Astra. Everyone who was anyone had already known about the project and what they were trying to do. The Astra made good work to keep the 'guest list' secret. For some reason they didn't want anyone to know who they were sending. That is of course until they sent out the comms. The select few receiving the invitation were all very good at what they did. There were scientist and doctors and architects. The best of the best. Even if the person hadn't been discovered yet; Astra already knew they were the best. It was only a week or so later when each and every single one of the invitees had been discovered. No matter where you were or how much you had tried to hide it. The public found you, and treated you like a true celebrity. Some went to The Astra early to get away from all of that; some stayed at their homes and prayed it would stop. Others relished in the spotlight. Whatever you did; it didn't matter now because it was time to go. They were calling all of the invitees to The Astra's main headquarters in Toronto Canada. People would check in, be led to their ship, and told to wait. There they would meet the people who they would be spending the next 2 years with. There were multiple ships; each one exactly the same.

As you arrive to The Astra's front gates; you're told to go to the main hold area. You were given a map and then sent on your way. As you look over the map you start to realize The Astra is a lot bigger then you had originally anticipated. There were many buildings of all varieties scattered all over the place. The main hold area, where you were told to go, was almost in the middle of it all. Perhaps a little right; for in the center of the campus was a memorial tomb. Once you make your way to the main hold area. You start to see the group of people. Some of them are the invitees, some of them journalists, and some were employees guiding the invitees. At the entrance of the building was a table. Behind the table stood a few different robots; they were to be your guides on the expedition. as you approach the table they ask you your name. The one responding would be a white and blue robot that called herself DOT. She gestured to a girl dressed in yellow and told you to wait there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is about 7:30 ish in the morning; the sun is rising and there is a gentle breeze. You can be late or early, but I request that you go directly to the site. When waiting you can interact with the other members, look around, or ask any question your character might have.

Last edited:
August couldn't believe it. Out of all the people, he was chosen? There no way in hell he could ever pass up this opportunity, his fingers were itching to get ahold of new tech, to explore the entire thing, to find secrets. The big downside was the sudden influx of popularity as soon as his name was released publically. He had done some really bad things to some really bad people and now needed to be extra careful. It was also hard to hack and get supplies when you were suddenly under a microscope, so instead, he focused on upgrading his sister's bike, as he promised, from the safety of a private garage.

After finishing that, he didn't have much to do except wait impatiently to be called. When he'd finally gotten word he tailed it out of the smaller city to Toronto, or "Trono" as he pronounced it.

The blonde expected that it would be busy, what he wasn't expecting was there to be so many good-looking people around. He eyed up several tall dark handsome men as he made his way to the entrance of the building. He hoped they would be boarding. The next two years would be easy-peasy with eye candy like that. Trying to keep himself focused he shook his head as he folded his map, looking straight ahead at the counter. Behind the tables were some bots. He hoped they wouldn't search his bag. Being caught with his baby blanket would mortify him to death, he'd have to blow himself up.

"Hey, what up bolts?" August began, reaching out to fist bump the robot's hand. It was a habit, and also hilarious because there was nothing like treating robots like a person and confusing everyone else. The blue and white bot asked for his name. "Ah, you might have heard of me, I'm August Taylor," He grinned, using his elbow to lean on the table slightly.

"I was actually on the news a while ago, helped find a missing person. Turns out they weren't really missing actually, the guy just wanted a break from his wife and three kids." August shook his head. "That poor wife thinking something bad happened to her hubby, and here he's taking an impromptu vacation." Leaning in over the table further, the blonde whispered. "I offered to disable the brakes in his car, but the wife said she needed him alive for the child support." He snickered before he continued talking to her for another couple of minutes, mostly about nonsense, until people started coming in, so instead, he followed her directions.

"Anyways, thanks for the chat Dotty," He saluted as he turned to leave. He was told to go over to wait with the girl in the yellow dress, a very pretty yellow dress that made August wish he himself had worn something other than jeans and a t-shirt that read "I'm with stupid". The joke was that he was here alone, so anyone standing to his left would have the arrow pointing to them. He decided to stand with the arrow not facing the girl.

Unable to keep his mouth shut for more than three seconds, he turned to her and smiled.

"Come here often?" He offered. A cliche pickup line to break the ice was always a good choice. Usually.

~ Vala Conterfield ~
Vala was used to all of the attention; she had grown out of it a bit. Over the years there had been a few people who recognized her, but it was nothing like what the Astra popularity was. She was constantly bombarded left and right. Luckily she had her family there to calm her down. The anxiety finally subsiding as they were called to the headquarters. Vala had been there more then once; mostly for her research. But nothing like this. The decision to go was a hard one for her. It was her dream to be able to go to space. But she would have to leave everything she knew. She would have to leave her family. Ultimately her family kind of convinced her to go. The good thing was that they could still keep in touch. So after a few tears and goodbyes she packed up her few things and went on her way.

It was a long way to the headquarters so she left early. It took a two metro trains, a bus, an airplane, and another bus to get to the headquarters. By the time she got there she was exhausted. Despite the fact that she only had one bag her arm hurt, a lot. She walked to the entrance and got a map. Then being directed to the main hold area; which, to her dismay, was not that close to the entrance. Luckily she was able to catch a worker on a cart; to take her there. They had a great conversation on the way. He dropped her off in front of the giant memorial tomb. She stared at it a moment letting the awe of it all drop in. She was going to space. Vala almost teared up. She allowed herself to look around at the bustle and the buildings. It was still early in the morning yet there was so many people here. Workers, droids, journalists, and invitees. It was a mix of all nationalities and races. Vala was both very excited and very nervous. She took a breath and took her first few steps to her future.

When she approached the check-in table; one of the androids was talking to another person. She looked at the androids for a moment. So she was quite startled when one of them spoke. "Hello I'm DOTty! Name please." A feminine voice spoke. Vala jumped and turned to a white and blue android. She had a smile plastered on her face. "Oh! Uh... V-Vala Conterfield." She managed to stutter to the nice android. Her hands tightened around her bag and the nervousness set in. The android smiled happily and almost jumped a bit. "Yay! You're in my group. Please just wait..." She gestured to an empty spot. "Right over there." She finished by smiling wide. Vala tried her best to smile back and shyly shuffled her way over there. Setting her bag down next to her feet. She sighed; relieved she was able to put the bag down for a moment. Vala looked up, at the brilliant sky, a weight lifting from her shoulders. The sunrise semi-cloudy sky really calmed her nerves.

Not but a few moments later a man approached her. Vala looked at him, up and down, almost as if sizing him up. He was dressed to casually, with a funny message on his shirt, that she felt silly wearing her dress. The moment came and went as he stood next to her. She shifted her weight between her feet. Talking to people was never her strong suit. She could tell you all about the stars and constellations, but when it came to having a casual conversation with someone. She needed a little help with that. Vala was feeling the nervousness come back into her. That is until he spoke. "Come here often?" His half joke kind of lightening the mood. Vala could feel the nervous knot in her stomach release, and a little bit of a sparkling laughter escaped from her. She smiled back at him and shook her head a bit. "No. Actually I worked remotely on the project." She said assuming that everyone worked on the project. When they had asked for her help; she had just assumed that they asked everyone to do it. "I wanted to spend as much time with my family as I could." The words just came out of her mouth and she didn't even think about it. And you could seriously tell she was from New york; her accent was thick.

Interactions: Dotty
August ( ColdEmergency ColdEmergency )

Still moonlight dimly piercing through thin curtains connects with a dancing fire it occupies the room with. Both embrace each other as a man lounging on a small couch watches the color and shape of their meeting point waver. "Of all the colors in this world I will miss-" the man uttered, turning his attention to the vibrant gold macaw in his hand. Colors went all over the place near the ends of it's wings. "Yours will be the hardest to let go." Grabbing his companion from the back, he moved to cradle him in his arms, like a baby. The bird let out a soft purr. "I know I said this would be your forever home, but I've been called onto something far greater than you or I." Shifting to lay down with his companion on his chest, he caressed the bird along his neck. Returning the affection, the macaw lightly grabbed on the man's nose and tapped his tongue on the man's nose. A sort of kiss.

"Miss Townsend is gonna be your new momma. You'll have plenty of playmates too..." Cracking a simultaneous tear and smile, he attempted to keep himself together. Anzu was normally quite stoic, but every man has his breaking point. "I love you Hastur- Moja zvijezda..." He mumbled, pulling Hastur's face into his neck. As the smile faded, the tears continued.

Well before the sun broke the horizon, Anzu was awoken. Not by his alarm, but by Hastur's vocal complaints about the alarm. "I know, I know! You don't like it..." Pulling himself off the couch, Anzu stumbled to the box the alarm rested on and picked up the small electronic clock. He stared at it for a moment before opening his window and throwing the alarm clock outside. "Goddamn I've been wanting to do that!" He said with a chuckle.

Looking around at the packed boxes, Anzu took a deep breath as he went over to carry Hastur. Although he quickly noticed a white spot on his black couch. "Did you shit there? Ah- fuck it. Not mine anymore." Putting his companion in his carrier, Anzu grabbed his backpack and walked out the door, not even taking a moment to look back, as he feared it might give him cold feet. After dropping off Hastur at his new owner's, Anzu made his way into Toronto. One flight from Pittsburgh later, Anzu found himself at the station to his last 1 way ticket. "This'll be just like moving to Italy again. But darker... and more cramped." He thought to himself. After being hassled by security for his artificial knee, he came to the hard part of this mission.

"Oxycontin, Vicodin, AND Norco?" Questioned a security officer checking through Anzu's bag. This was it, bluffs or cuffs. "In case you didn't notice the metal detector screaming at me and your boys playing twister on my person, my knee is a bit fucked. I don't know about you, but for one, I don't work well under pain." Anzu aggressively swiped his bag from the table between the men. "And two: I diversify my pain medication so I'm much less likely to form an addiction." Anzu leaned towards the officer. "I'm a doctor AND nurse." With his other hand, Anzu then grabbed the medication bottles from the man. Neither letting go, the two stared each other down. After a tense short moment, the security officer gave in and let go of the pills. Without a further exchange of words, Anzu put his belongings back in his sack and continued to search for station he was assigned to.

With the confidence that tricking a federally paid security guard brings, Anzu strutted to a set of tables stationed with robots. As they all seemed busy, Anzu just awkwardly stood there and looked around for a droid that isn't occupied. Then one he had managed to glance past was staring him down as it asked his name. This made him jump, as Anzu had a bit of an issue with artificial life. He didn't dislike them, but looking one in the eyes always crept him out. He didn't believe in souls, but they felt especially soulless. "Ah- Yes!" He approached the robot. "Doctor Anzu Novak."

Anzu was then pointed off in a direction where a few others had been waiting. He parked himself across a couple of surprisingly young participants. He found himself fixated on the shirt that the blonde was wearing. Making a distasteful expression, his gaze bounced between the man's shirt and the unfortunate woman that was enduring him. "Wish I brought Xanax..." Anzu uttered under his breath as he popped a quick pill. "Howdy there, Doctor Novak." He smiled and offered his hand between the two, not really caring who shook his hand, just that a formality was establish
ed.

[Interactions: ColdEmergency ColdEmergency Panda chaos Panda chaos ]

Last edited:
The day had come.

She'd been driving for days now across the US and Canada, and it was only when she entered the big city that they all started... looking at her. Right. She was a celebrity now - something that, in all honesty, made her vastly uncomfortable. As much as she could possibly manage, she avoided the cameras, took the lesser-known routes, and truly gave it her best effort to remain unnoticed... but as her nondescript cargo truck steered into the towering city of Toronto, more and more attention begun to be caught from onlookers... and all began chanting for attention and pleading for answers to meaningless questions as if she were some idol.

Yet not a word of hers was uttered towards the crowds as she wove through the attention, into the Astra. It all made her tense, it was everything in her power not snap at one of them. Unbridled, invasive attention wasn't exactly her favourite thing...

Finally, she pulled her vehicle into its designated spot, and when a few workers milled up to her in order to help, she denied their services with a shake of her head and a firmly raised hand.

CLUNK.
CLUNK.
CLUNK.

Heavy metal boots strode across the floor, heaving a hefty set of what could only be described as ashen-black battle armor. Behind the fully-clad woman, a large trolley was being dragged across the ground, loaded to its very limit with large, heavy, and temperature-controlled metal crates. Stacked on top, as if to strain the cart even further, were filled planters flourishing with all sorts of exotic greens. The haul was almost comically large, the armored figure dragging it straining, yet making fair headway nonetheless.

Everyone seeming to arrive at around the same time, the tall woman had no issue with placing herself right beside Anzu, her height not much shorter than his own. Tragically, that unknowingly placed her as a victim to August's "witty" shirt.

Either completely oblivious or completely disinterested towards the greeting party happening in front of her, she dropped the hefty handle of her cart down to the floor, where it landed with a loud, metallic clatter.

"Chanterelle," she grunted the most basic form of introduction possible, giving the other few people there a good stare-down through her impenetrable, chrome-visored helmet. After only a single painfully long moment of silence, she gestured to the towering trolley of goods behind her with a thoroughly-gloved thumb. "All of this was cleared by security. It's going in my room."

Then a pause...

"... I'm the.. chef."

Panda chaos Panda chaos ColdEmergency ColdEmergency Probably George Probably George

Xavier practically screamed when he finish reading. β€œI did it. I got I’m. Holy shit out of every other engineer they chose me. This is amazing I gotta tell everyone.” He proceeded to text his family and friends and was showered with compliments and congratulations. He started packing instantly and then he remember that they would provide most of his stuff. He chuckled to himself and grabbed his important items. He put them in a toolbox along with his tools. He would barely be able to sleep he guessed.

Oh boy was he right. Xavier lied in bed staring at the ceiling of his quite frankly beat up and old apartment. He couldn’t seem to fall asleep. He was too excited. He tried to calm his nerves a number of times and finally he succeeded. He rested for about 2 hours and woke up tired and groggy. He hopped in the shower and washed himself off with cold water. He was ready to go. Xavier got dressed in a tanktop showing his metal on display. Some ripped jeans and his favorite pair of shoes. He put his hair in a ponytail and pondered weather he should have put on something fancy. He paused for a second and thought about it. Nah, I have to be genuine and true so I won’t be something I’m not. He grabbed his toolbox and puled out his necklace. He kissed it before putting it on. He put his lucky coin in his pocket and left the house. Xavier hopped in his car and started driving towards his destination.

He hadn't packed any food for the long trip so he was starving when he arrived. He pulled into his designated parking spot and silently prayed before exiting the car. He headed towards the main place. Xavier was nervous as hell. He looked at the map gawking at how unbelievably large the place was. When he arrived he found that he was late. β€œSorry, I'm late. Hello everyone my name is Xavier Silverback but you can call me X or Silver. I'm the mechanic.” Xavier found his confidence and spoke with his chest. A few of them were a little intimidating but he realized he might look intimidating as well with his metal arm and all. He relaxed a bit and then he notices the robot. He ain't particularly surprised considering his metal arm but he smiles slightly.

Panda chaos Panda chaos Daisie Daisie Probably George Probably George ColdEmergency ColdEmergency

Fenrel Oldar
interaction: open​
Ok, Fenrel was a bit late.. just a bit late at least the slime had thought so gliding and sliding and running towards their intended target.. carrying a few suitcases and a lab coat over their semi-solid body the slime finally made it to the massive gates and taking a deep breath. "ok ok nice nice" Fenrel mumbled nodding to themselves before continuing into the made hold with everyone else being a little too tired to make any flashy entrance or say hello but being a slime someone would probably talk to them eventually right?

Hunter chuckled. β€œIt's only right I was excepted. Might as well prepare to do the trip.” He grabbed the only things of sentimental value to himself and stuffed them in his utility belt on the bed. He got dressed and clamped his utility belt around his waist. He grabbed his gun off his night stand and holstered it. He wondered for a second if they would let him have it. He shrugged and grabbed his keys. Hunter entered his car and began driving towards the station.

Hunter always had food in case of travel in his car so while he drove he smacked on. He sighed as he looked at the backseat and gasped upon the only snack left. β€œKale chips are you kidding me?” At lest its healthy he thought to himself. He wasn’t hungry when he arrived but he wasn’t stuffed. Hunter exited his car and pocketed his keys. He walked up to some guards and they handed him a map and told him where to go. One spotted his gum and stopped him. β€œI don’t think you can have that sir.” Hunter sighed. β€œI’m the detective.β€œ The guard paused for a moment. β€œLet him have it.” The second guard chimed in and the first guard nodded and got back into her position.

Hunter smiled to himself at the exchange. He looked at the map unimpressed by its size. He walked where he was told to go and paid close attention to everything around him. He drowned out the normal sounds such as birds and the chatter of civilians. He keyed into the conversation with the people he was supposed to meet with. From what he gathered there was a Cook, A Mechanic, A robot, and some others he was probably too late to hear about. He realized he recognized the man with the metal arm who was a mechanic. He rushed up to the group. β€œHey, Silver. I should have expected you would be here too.” Xavier smiled at Hunter and shook his hand. β€œGood to see you Hunter. You might want to introduce yourself thought.” Xavier motioned to the others. Hunter nodded. β€œHello everyone. My name is Hunter Relm and I'm your detective.”

Kryptic Kryptic Daisie Daisie Probably George Probably George Panda chaos Panda chaos ColdEmergency ColdEmergency

Katerina had never ridden in a luxury car before. Leaning back on the soft leather chairs she was once again reminded of how she wasn’t in an APC and instead in a limousine ordered for her by the President himself. Closing her eyes she blocked out the sounds of the commotion outside and let herself rest and sink into the leather before entering the Astra. As her driver brought the car through the front gates and grabbed a map for her he began driving her directly to the check in area instead of parking like most of the others had. Sitting up again to look out the window, Katerina scanned the crowds of people, droids and other invitees curiously as she had never seen so many different species, people and races all in one spot. Leaning back into her seat and away from the window Katerina tried to focus on the daunting task ahead of her and how she would get through it without getting bored to death.

As her driver slowed the limousine to a crawl and opened the door for Katerina she took one last glance at the leather seats which she would most likely never see again and stepped out into the bright light of day. All around her the droids and reporters who she had silently observed earlier now crowded around her and began to conjure up a thunderstorm of questions for her. Not in any mood to talk to civilians Katerina just gave them a nice pose and walked off to find her group. After a quick scan of the area, Katerina spotted a unit which matched the data Moscow had given her along with a number of other people including a slime and a female dressed in armor so large it could easily have come from the Dark Ages. Deciding to walk over to meet them, Katerina took up a position in front of Dot and booped her on the nose.

β€œAwww aren’t you just the cutest little thing! What’s your name?”

Interactions: Dotty Panda chaos Panda chaos

Dotty watched as the people went and came; it seemed that no one from her team had showed up yet. She just hoped that they wouldn't be late. And just as she had thought of that; a man came forth. Dotty smiled and spoke to him accordingly. "Hello sir. What is your name?" She said, her coding making her voice bright and chipper. Her smile nor her demeanor changed after being addressed. Seeing what the man was trying to do Dotty reached out her hand for a 'fist bump'. She smiled a little wider, happy at the interaction. A common human ritual, how fun. Dotty nodded upon hearing his name; recognizing him immediately. He was part of her group. A millisecond later and his files pulled up in her vision. "Why of course Mr. Taylor. If you'd please go and stand by the woman in the yellow dress." She said looking down at the way he leaned onto the table. How odd. Dotty looked back up at him as he started talking. It was clear now that he wasn't going to leave, but she was fine with that. She liked the attention; it made her feel somewhat normal. Dotty kept the smile on her face the whole time, nodding now and then. Dotty let a little fake gasp escape her metal lips. Of course she knew this case, she knew everything about him, but she let him think she was surprised at the outcome. Dotty sighed a bit, letting her smile slip back to her coding. "I'm sorry sir, but please refrain from recounting any illegal activity you had previously committed." She said perhaps a little too chipper. "You're crimes are wiped clean, but we please ask you not to discuss it with others." Dotty stated simply what she had been told, her hand now held together. Her smile returned to her normal small smirk, no longer just coding. He continued talking to her like she was some old friend. It was rather calming; nothing she had been used to before. She felt... somewhat normal. Once he concluded his story she laughed a bit, and gave a small clap. "Oh yes, of course Mr. Taylor." She said nodding to him; watching as he went to stand by the lady.
( August : ColdEmergency ColdEmergency )

It was another few moments of standing in silence; then another man came along. He seemed... jumpy. Perhaps a little scared. Dotty knew not why; she figured he was scared of the ship or something of the sort. Humans were often very emotional. Nevertheless he approached and she smiled asking him his name. "Hello sir! What is your name?" Her voice cut through the rest of the androids and people's voices; like a sharp knife cutting through cheese. Dotty almost laughed as the man before her jumped, but her mouth remained shut and her vocal cords kept quiet. She was not allowed to. Her coding permitted mocking or making fun of her team. The man stated his name and his files pulled up immediately in her vision. She made an 'O' shape with her mouth and looked at him directly in his eyes. "Why hello Doctor Novak. I must inform you of a few things before you continue on." Dotty nodded her head at him. "We are aware of your unfortunate situation, and seeing as you have no trouble bringing your.... " Dotty eyed his bag; knowing of the pills stashed in it. She was informed as soon as the situation at the gate happened. " 'Medications' on board. We must regulate how much you consume; as we do not want an unfortunate situation to happen on the ship." Dotty stated what she had been told to say. The Astra really loved picking troublemakers. So far most of her team was making out to be a weird bunch. "That is all. Please go stand over there with the orange haired boy and the woman." She said gesturing over to the growing group.
( Anzu : Probably George Probably George )

It was almost immediately after Dr. Novak left that she saw... the suit? Dotty felt like stumbling back, running away, something. But she stayed still; she was forced to. Her body remained still but her mind screamed at her. Dotty's eyes widened as the huge hunk of metal went forward to the table. DOT was a machine, she had no god. She knew the people who created her. But still in this moment she prayed, begged whoever would listen in on her thoughts, that the giant before her wouldn't approach her. Dotty swallowed and practically sighed as it passed the table and went straight to it's group.... her group. Dotty's eyes widened as she realised that was the chef. There had been some rumours circulating about an odd person that was chosen. A person who always wore a suit; a huge metal suit. She was unlucky enough to have this very person on her team now. Dotty just hoped that she wouldn't have to talk with it much.
( Chanterelle : Daisie Daisie )

Luckily she had a good while to compose herself. It wasn't like there was much she needed to do. She simply needed to rid the thoughts from her mind smile and stare straight ahead. Which took a matter of seconds, but she allowed herself a moment to... well not smile. A second later and another person approaches. Dotty mental sighs thanking her creators that the person looks normal. Dotty sighed she was passed up yet again. She figured that it would be easier now to just walk over to her group. There were a few others that they were waiting on, but the other androids would direct them to her group. She plastered on a smile and approached the group. She looked around at them and mentally marked down the proper names for each one. Dotty notices a smile being directed towards her. She looked behind her just to be sure and then smiles back. A real smile, one not forced by coding. She turned toward the group again and smiled. "I apologize for the wait. As I have previously stated I'm DOT. But you may all call me Dotty if you'd prefer." She said in her same chipper attitude.
( Xavier : Kryptic Kryptic ) ( Rest of group, August : Vala : Anzu : Chanterelle )

Next came a gelatinous mass. Which Dotty immediately recognized this figure as Fenrel. Dotty had lived out her five years of life within a lab; yet she had never met a slime. It was rather odd considering that they had been made for the use of labs. But it did make sense as they had worked on a space ship, and not a new antidote or something of the sort. Dotty smiled in their direction and waved them over to the group. She had been really excited to finally meet a slime. Sure she was a machine but she did have things she want to do. That was normal for androids, right? As soon as Dotty thought about this she looked over to the rest of the androids at the table; none of them had moved from their post. Should she return? Should she had moved in the first place? But before she could continue in her thoughts a man approached. Her hearing picked up the conversation between the new man and Mr. Silverband. Dotty perked up her headphones making quick work to block out the exchange. This is until the man introduced himself. As soon as he stated his name his files pulled up in the corner of her visor. She smiled and looked around at her group; making sure not to look at the suit too long.
( Fenrel : Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 ) ( Hunter : Kryptic Kryptic )

It was rather strange; Dotty's visor would usually pick up when someone was approaching. But instead it took her own eyes to pick up the feminine figure that placed itself next to her. She looked up at this person; recognizing them as Katerina the only other android of the group. Dotty smiled, a true non-coding smile. But to her surprise she didn't get a neat introduction, no. Instead she got a touch of the nose and a exclamation. Dotty could feel her internal processing unit go a little faster; giving the illusion of a humans flusteredness. She swallowed nothing and looked up at Katerina. "Ah... hello... I'm D.O.T. or uh... Dotty." Is what her mind wanted to say, but instead when she opened her mouth her coding took control. "Hello there! I'm D.O.T. Or as some people call me Dotty. You must be Katerina?" She said in her unnatural coded happiness. Dotty took in a fake breath and stared into the eyes of the android in front of her. Her body unable to move, not even her eyes wanting to look away.
( Katerina : Clan Ize Clan Ize )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a good few minutes of idle chatter. People this way and that being greeted and meeting their new roommates. The sun was now all in the sky; shining full on the world underneath. All of the invitees on the campus are now in the same area. Anyone who didn’t show up on time was too late now. A sharp noise made the campus fall into a silence. It was almost like a train was running through the campus. The horn of a train flew through the air, and then faded into the distance. The people that worked there knew it as the sign to go into the auditorium. A large crowd of people flocked to the area where the invitees now stood. Each android turned to their group and explained what to do next. Before anyone knew what was happening, they were being escorted into a large room with a stage. A man with a microphone stood on that stage with a big smile. He welcomed all of the people as they walked in, or more accurately followed an android blindly into the room. There were a few chairs that people could sit on, but most of them either chose to or were forced to stand. For a moment the noise of steps and small talk filled the air, but then as the people started to settle it grew quiet. The man on the stage now stepped up to the front and looked over the crowd.

He began by setting the microphone on a stand and then started speaking. β€œHello hello everyone. First of all I’d like to thank you all for coming. You have no idea how much work we put into this project. It means a lot to have your support. I know you don’t want to sit here and listen to me monologue.” His voice flowed over the audience like a steady river. His eyes looking at every person he could in the room. β€œBut I’m going to do it anyway, as this is a momentous occasion in human history.” He paused to clear his throat, leaning away from the microphone as he did. β€œThroughout history Earthens have been striving to continue the expansion. Across continents and oceans, and even to the moon. But now we go even further into space. The great beyond. I suppose because every element we’re made of is from the stars; we’d naturally want to return to them. Maybe that is why we keep striving to go further into space. Now we not only have the chance to go there, but stay there and live among the stars. To learn more about and learn from the universe. A vast expanse of space that is now in the palm of our hands.” He pauses to look around the room. β€œAs you go forward remember this. Everything you do will shape the future. You can make it anything you please. Use your power wisely.”

Once the speech was over people began steadily flowing out of the auditorium. Dotty turned to her group now, making sure they were all in an area where they could hear her. β€œSo, we’re going to move to the ship now. If there is anything you’d like to do before then, please do it now.” Her chipper attitude and voice didn’t cease as she spoke. An ever flowing river of energy and positivity. Dotty now stands waiting for her team to do whatever they were going to do. A few groups of people still remained in the room, but most of the group had already left. Dotty now turned to the crew and nodded. β€œOkay then. We should be on our way now.” She piped up, turning and walking in the direction of a hallway. Dotty assumed that the group would follow her, so she didn’t even look back as she went. Keeping a calm and steady pace as she went along. The hallway they went down was long and spacious. If Chanterelle were normal size, they’d all be able to stand next to each other and still have a bit of room. After a few stops and turns in the hall; the hall widened up into a large room. The room had a large ship within it. The ceiling of the area completely gone. Dotty stopped and turned to look at her group.

β€œOkay. This is the point of no return. If you’d like to leave, now would be the time. If you would like to continue on; then follow me.” She said with an artificial smile plastered on her features. Dotty spun back around and guided the team to the large ship. As she walked along and underneath the machine droids and people alike were whizzing this way and that. They entered towards the back of the ship; a long drawbridge-like platform had been lowered down to rest on the floor. The floor on the ship was made of a mix of metals stained white; the walls being just plain metal. They entered into a short corridor that wrapped around a room in the center. They were guided into this room; where they would find a large table with chairs bolted to the floor in the center. There were three other entrances into the room other than the one they had gone into. Counters and seating areas lined the few walls that made up the room. Dotty stopped next to the table and turned smiling at her group. β€œOkay. You can venture around anywhere you like. Your names are posted next to the door in which you will be staying. If you’d like anything please ask me.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ColdEmergency ColdEmergency Probably George Probably George Daisie Daisie Kryptic Kryptic Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Clan Ize Clan Ize

From here your characters can go anywhere they like. They can settle into the rooms or wander around the ship. Remember that the map I posted is just one level of two that they have access to. There is technically a third level but they require a password to enter. As you post please describe where your characters go and what they see. I’m open to anything you guys want to have on this ship, so go ahead and post it. Just remember that if I ask you to change it; I expect you to change your post accordingly. Other than that you have free range. Remember to look at other peoples posts to see what they’re up to.

By the time Chanterelle had boarded the ship, much to her dismay, a few workers insisted on hauling her supplies aboard for her. Now with everyone filed aboard the ship, Chante took a few moments to herself to take a look around... Here it was. Humanity's entire uprising has led up to this achievement: launching a hunk of metal up into space brimming with excited, anxious passengers, on a mission to find a new place to call "home". As Chante turned to take a long gander at the tables, the chairs, and the amenities allowed by the ever-so-rudimentary kitchen, her chrome visor reflected the brightly-lit sights around them.

She mumbled a quick word of thanks to Dotty, gaze too distracted by the scene surrounding her to make contact with the short android again...

Socialization had never been her strongest suit. She'd have been happy to leave everyone to their own devices with no verbal contact for the entire trek, but of course, she probably couldn't get away with that... Hah, she was accustomed to being trapped in a tiny metal shell with no one else around - this tiny metal shell was hurling through space and bustling with people... and it'd be a long and awkward few years if no one talked to each other.

After a short pause to process all the new sights, she refocused on the task at hand. In the beginning, she was informed that she was going to have an entire room to herself. At the last moment though, another member had been accepted, and in accordance, the Astra needed to split up her space... and she couldn't say she was the most pleased peach to find that out.

Regardless, this wasn't anything she could fix. She may as well try and get a little bit of a rapport going with "Katerina" - the name she'd read alongside hers in all those newspapers. It didn't take long to find the only other droid in the room, considering this one was far larger than Dotty...

Chante came up behind Katerina and placed an armored hand on their shoulder to announce themselves.

"Hey... We share a room," were the first words from her, blunt and low-voiced. "... Haven't lived with a droid before. Is there anything I should know about you or your space?"

Clan Ize Clan Ize

There were very few things Katerina had strong opinions about. However, hurtling through space with a science experiment, suit of armor, a toy droid, a bull, some humans and a sorcerer was most definitely one of them. As the time approached till takeoff Katerina was reminded of an old song a friend had played for her before a mission, a song from the time of the Soviet cosmonauts. A song singing about their dreams to travel to different galaxy's and now here Katerina was. Here, standing to represent her homeland and those before her who chased the same dream. The dream of one day being able to travel through galaxies. Giving herself a quick reminder they hadn't even taken off yet, she let out a small chuckle underneath her mask and focused on watching what the others would do next.

For the most part, when Katerina had received the news that due to her late joining she would have to share a room she was quite displeased with the Astra. However, upon seeing who she was paired with she soon calmed down. Out of all the weirdos on the ship the girl in armor was probably the person Katerina found the most normal. Spending most of her time around military equipment she had become very accustomed to armors of all sizes in day to day life. To others it was probably quite strange but to Katerina, she almost found it strangely comforting. Deciding whether she liked Chantelle was one thing though, actually talking to her was another. Lucky for Katerina though, she soon felt the cold hard hand of an armored suit resting on her shoulder.

"Hey... We share a room," were the first words from her, blunt and low-voiced. "... Haven't lived with a droid before. Is there anything I should know about you or your space?"

A little surprised but thankful Chantelle had initiated conversation between them Katerina took a few moments to think before responding

"Don't worry" unlike Chantelle her voices sounded seemingly casual "As long as you don't touch my equipment or try and mess with me while I'm charging I'm sure we'll get along just fine. I'm just like a human, well except that I'm not. Anyway, I'm sure we'll be fine. Is there anything I need to know or that you want to notify ne about you?"

Daisie Daisie

It was Cold in the Black expanse, enough so that at first frank thought he was in space. yet the feel is something stable beneath his feet let him know that wasn’t the case, but where was he? He could vaguely make out something moving in darkness just beyond the limited range of his sight, but reaching out with his mind to find thoughts revealed nothing which was somehow more terrifying than if he had found some kind of monster. Part of him wanted to enjoy the silence and solitude, but the other part of him knew full well that he would die if he did so. He felt the urge to smoke and began reaching for his cigars and a lighter only to find them no longer on his person. That’s when it clicked and his heart dropped into his gut while the blood seemed to drain from his head. He was asleep…Dear god he was Dreaming.

Without skipping a beat he pulled his psychic energy to his left hand, so greatly fortified was the power by his being in the Thoughtweft that the psychic energy actually materialized into a visible glowing orange blade. Not a moment too soon it seemed, as the orange light filled the dark expanse he saw the putrid black tendrils of the nightmares surrounding him, one having already brought itself within an inch of him. He snapped his blade down carving away the tendril and leaving it to fade into shadows, by then he had already started sprinting the tendrils were in all directions a man could run fully surrounding him…but he was no man he was a psycho sapien and this was the Thoughtweft. As such he ran straight upwards leaving the tendrils to reach up at him as he turned the very air into footholds his eyes sweeping in all directions looking for something…BANG.
~~~
When his hand closed around the empty air everything went white and Frank woke up in the auditorium reaching for the ceiling lights far beyond his grasp. He was sweating profusely despite it being cool and him being shirtless as usual. The auditorium was empty but the sound that had woken him must have been the door slamming because it rattled still ever so slightly. He rose to his feet and in a few long strides reaches the door β€œMust’ve been one hell of a boring speech.” Frank chuckled as he followed after the last of the attendees to leave who was a few dozen meters ahead of him. He followed them down the fall hallway checking to make sure he was indeed the last in line before smirking and drawing a cigar which he quickly lit as he followed the group to the ship. Luckily the Little escort of theirs never looked back making his little protocol violation go unnoticed for a bit. After a little bit more walking than he thought there would be he noticed the hallways widening and figured the corridor would end soon, so he smothered his cigar with a tiny invisible bubble that blocked its oxygen and returned it to its sealed tin tube. The entire time he walked the smoke trailed behind him.

Once they entered the ships hangar chamber Frank let out a low whistle out of amusement. alright now that’s just plain cool. he mused as he inched his way forward joining the rest of them. He had to admit when he applied for the project he didn’t really think he would get approved for it but they certainly surprised him for once in his life. This ship here in front of him did the same thing and then some. He had so many questions whirling through his mind during their little training camp but he had no words besides what he had just thought. The robot chic at the front stated that this was the point of no return and Frank actually thought about wether he wanted to leave or not…but the decision was not a very hard one. His life here on earth was getting stale fast, he was in debt to some crackpot poker player who wanted either money or blood. While he could probably deal with that guy, it was getting to be too monotonous, new person same old bull crap. This way at least he would have Bullcrap in space, everything sounded cooler when you added β€œIn space” to it.

He followed the rest of them into the ship admiring its smooth white walls and modern looking design. Once they stopped near the room with the tables, computers, chairs, and strangely circular layout, which would certainly take a while for him to get used to, They were told they could wander as they saw fit, but frank knew already where he wanted to go. β€œScuse me Miss…er…Floaty robot lady where did they put our cargo? I’d like to get started on…setting up my office?” he said lying so poorly even he questioned it towards the end, and he was sure Dotty would know immediately what he was wanting to do…after all he had only brought some kegs, a gun, and a big box of his Expensive cigars. Not to much you can do with just that. Still groggy he also realize he probably just made an ass of himself, which caused him to chuckle a bit.

Panda chaos Panda chaos

Last edited:
Katerina's easygoing nature made things a little easier for Chante - she never really knew what sort of reaction she was going to get to her entire... "getup". She'd already seen a whole spectrum, anywhere from a mere aversion, to carnal fascination, to hate, or to people taking her stoic nature as a challenge to make her crack a laugh. At the very least, she knew now she wouldn't have to bother with something extreme in the confines of her own space.

"You won't have to worry about that. I keep to myself," she elaborated in response, voice still maintaining its low inflection. "I'm much the same: I don't like my stuff bothered. If you must, just keep in mind I have temp-controlled perishables in my crates, so don't leave them open too long or they'll begin to rot. Please don't touch my vitamin supplements either... they're important for my health, and are sensitive."

She had to take a moment to think about what else to say, appearing to choose her words rather carefully as she brought a hand up to point at her own visor. "... You should know I suffer from prosopagnosia. I don't recognize facial features, so it takes me a while to work out who most people are."

"... You're fairly distinctive, though, so I doubt we'll have much issue."

Clan Ize Clan Ize

Fenrel Oldar
interaction: K.O.D K.O.D
Fenrel boarded the ship alongside the other passengers/crew an obvious contained excitement following the slime as the entire body jiggled and vibrated much like someone would shake form pure excitement. They where really going to space this would be so damn cool and in theory see aliens microbial or otherwise fenrel couldn't wait to study such entities once they would have the chance too. However what caught the slimes attention was a muscular humanoid asking about offices and where they would be set up of course what made fenrel curious was the man themself and less the question. Sliding up next to the huge man and the spoke to one of the androids that accompanied them Fenrel grinned carefully. "Aah hello there apologies for interrupting your asking of question names fenrel sir and you are?" He'd interrupt to Introduce himslef getting a little close and clearly disregarding the social etiqque of the situation

||Interaction: Nobody||

Xavier thought about socializing. He stood there for a good five minutes not knowing what to do. He shrugged and decided to walk to his room. He would normally try to get to know his crew mates but after the long drive and the introduction to this he just wanted to set up in his room. He followed the map to get to his room. The point of no return. That lone lingered in his ear. He swatted the thought of leaving out of his head like a fly and continued on to his room. It was amazing. Xavier had never been particularly poor on anything like that but this room was amazing. He dropped his tool box which landed on his foot. β€œAh shit.” He fell forward onto his bed resulting in his tool box tipping over. Luckily he had it closed so nothing came out. After a few seconds the pain died down and he shook off the reaming pain, he got up off the bed and grabbed his toolbox putting it in the table and sitting down. He opened it. He took out a small metal robot and a few tools along with it. He began tinkering with the robot. He’d have to later find an artist that might be able to help him paint it. Well at least give him the supplies for it. Heβ€˜d ask someone later.

The vessel was pristine to say the least, but rather boring as well. The occasional LED here and there rarely so often went against the white/dark gray monotony that would be his home for... never mind. The more he thought of time passing, the slower it would. But then there's the fact that gravity is a factor in time. Would his perception on time be skewed from the artificial gravity? Would this voyage be even longer? Anzu never thought of this during the year of research he took up on space travel. Quickly looking for a clock, Anzu started intensely at one for half a minute; Attempting to measure his own experience of time. He eventually caught on that he had absolutely no idea how he would actually do that.

After embarrassing himself, Anzu decided he might as well get comfy with his company. Especially as the 1 of only 2 nurses onboard. For now though, he definitely wanted to avoid the psychic. For he sees the unseeable. Looking through his candidates, Anzu eventually landed on one. "Excuse me, Hawkshaw-" He approached the inked man. "I'm Doctor Novak. It seems I'll be a third of the ship's medical effort, and then we have relative specialists; an engineer, astronomer, biologist-" He stopped when gesturing towards August. "I'm... not really sure why they're here." Anzu's gaze turned back to Hunter. "But I could say the same for you. As a medical professional, I took it upon myself to check the civilian and medical records of my fellow passengers. You- detective, are for one, good with your health check ups. But also very out of place here. I'd ask why you're here but, I already assumed what you're investigating isn't extraterrestrial."

Kryptic Kryptic

|| Interactions: Probably George Probably George ||
Hunter turned to the man. β€œAnzu was it? Listen here. You have any idea how many people could have infiltrated this place to take it down? I noticed multiple ways to get in un noticed and that’s at a first glance. Is also like to point out that although my belief in extraterritorials is not very large if it came down to it investigating that would also be something I do. I also act as a sort of security. You can say I double for a cop aswell as a detective.β€œ He takes a moment to flash his gun. β€œDon’t think just because people were chosen doesn’t mean they can’t or won’t commit crimes.β€œ Hunter knew what he was doing. He didn’t mean to be rude but almost everything he says comes out that way, it’s also the fact that. This Anzu guy was kinda insulting him. He didn’t need to spend time socializing but this guy initiated it. β€œI’ll catch you later doc. Stop by my room if you have more questions about the nature of me being here.” He pulled out and unfolded his map. He justifies him not talking to there by saying it’s more logical to get settled in now. He walks to his room. He notices that his friend Xavier is in the next room over. He allows a grin to pass over his face briefly before entering his room which should be very impressive to most. As hunter looks around no visible reaction can be seen on his face. He takes off his coat and hangs it up. He wondered if they had a shooting range. He went through all the hassle of getting the gun on Why not use it. He would ask if there was one later. He puts his stuff away and sits down in the bed. After driving so long he was a bit tired. He laid back and closed his eyes. He then drifts off to sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back