Anime & Manga Assassination Classroom

Emmi

Jumin's Bae
Am I the only one who was upset that Nagira was the protagonist? They should’ve made Karma the fucking protagonist instead.

Uhm... I'd say the entire class was the protagonist given the focus split but I could see why it would argued otherwise...

That said, why do you think psycho, I mean, Karma should have been the protagonist?

Uhm... I'd say the entire class was the protagonist given the focus split but I could see why it would argued otherwise...

That said, why do you think psycho, I mean, Karma should have been the protagonist?

I believe Karma had more screen time, and Nagisa was a bit... eh. I agree with the whole class being protagonists, but Nagisa was the main main important protagonist.

I believe Karma had more screen time, and Nagisa was a bit... eh. I agree with the whole class being protagonists, but Nagisa was the main main important protagonist.
I am not quite following how we go from that to "Karma should be the protagonist" though... could you clarify?

I mean. Karma was my favourite character but I'm not sure how well it would have worked with him as the main protagonist. Nagisa's personality provides a better perspective through which the audience can observe the events that occur, and he also had the biggest room for growth imo. there are also some more practical reasons my Nagisa worked better as well - Karma's occasional delinquency/not showing up to important events is somewhat problematic in a setting where most of the story-telling happens at school.

not that I've put a lot of thought into this or anything, but this is just my 2 cents based on what I remember.

Karma is my favourite character but I find Nagisa is a more suitable main character. I feel like Karma is a good support character and even a good obstacle to overcome.

I mean. Karma was my favourite character but I'm not sure how well it would have worked with him as the main protagonist. Nagisa's personality provides a better perspective through which the audience can observe the events that occur, and he also had the biggest room for growth imo. there are also some more practical reasons my Nagisa worked better as well - Karma's occasional delinquency/not showing up to important events is somewhat problematic in a setting where most of the story-telling happens at school.

not that I've put a lot of thought into this or anything, but this is just my 2 cents based on what I remember.
I largely agree. I mean for the first episodes to work we'll either have to be told what happened because Karma wasn't there or have him be there and lose an important part of his character.

Karma's my favorite character as well, but I'm not really playing favorites here. In the beginning of the anime, yes, we got background information through Nagisa, and we would've never gotten that information since Karma wasn't there. However, if you recall, while Karma was suspended, he had gotten some background information on what he would have to do. I feel that this setting and mood was too important if he was just a side character. Karma was the first person to even hit Korosensei, which is a huge achievement. Heck, he never even lost a battle before final exams. Korosensei was even scared of him at some point. During the mid year exams, everyone didn't really do well because of one math question, but Karma did good, and proved a point to Korosensei. Once again, I feel this was too important for a side character to have. Karma was pretty good at fighting and such. On final exams, Karma finally tasted defeat. While going into battle, Karma was a bit too cocky, and didn't really care. That scene ending with a cliffhanger, unlike the other classmates, including Nagisa. When they got back their results, the screen was shared among with Karma and Asano. They were both getting lectured about defeat. Once again, if Karma was a side character, why did he get that screen time and showed what Korosensei was telling him? Surely it wasn't that important since he was a side character. When they were at their summer vacation, while Karma was battling Grip, the other assassin (I forgot his name) thought that Karma had grown a lot since one defeat. What did Nagisa do? All he did was show background information, defeated that guy from season one, and picked up that move from the other guy (I forgot their names). Yes, he ended up killing Korosensei, but then again, I felt as though he wasn't that important in the anime.

Then again, it is my opinion. Everyone has their own. And about 75% of agree that Nagisa is the main protagonist, and you like it that way.

Karma's my favorite character as well, but I'm not really playing favorites here. In the beginning of the anime, yes, we got background information through Nagisa, and we would've never gotten that information since Karma wasn't there. However, if you recall, while Karma was suspended, he had gotten some background information on what he would have to do. I feel that this setting and mood was too important if he was just a side character. Karma was the first person to even hit Korosensei, which is a huge achievement. Heck, he never even lost a battle before final exams. Korosensei was even scared of him at some point. During the mid year exams, everyone didn't really do well because of one math question, but Karma did good, and proved a point to Korosensei. Once again, I feel this was too important for a side character to have. Karma was pretty good at fighting and such. On final exams, Karma finally tasted defeat. While going into battle, Karma was a bit too cocky, and didn't really care. That scene ending with a cliffhanger, unlike the other classmates, including Nagisa. When they got back their results, the screen was shared among with Karma and Asano. They were both getting lectured about defeat. Once again, if Karma was a side character, why did he get that screen time and showed what Korosensei was telling him? Surely it wasn't that important since he was a side character. When they were at their summer vacation, while Karma was battling Grip, the other assassin (I forgot his name) thought that Karma had grown a lot since one defeat. What did Nagisa do? All he did was show background information, defeated that guy from season one, and picked up that move from the other guy (I forgot their names). Yes, he ended up killing Korosensei, but then again, I felt as though he wasn't that important in the anime.

Then again, it is my opinion. Everyone has their own. And about 75% of agree that Nagisa is the main protagonist, and you like it that way.
Karma is like Bakugo from my hero academia (there are other examples but ı think this one fits best) he is a secondary character since he already has max stats and there is little left to improve other than personality or way to think. Nagisa is like Deku from my hero academia he starts with lowest stats and in japanese media that is what sells. The boy with lowest stats but maximum potential is usually the main protagonist it is same with Naruto and Sasuke situation or new Black Clover series Asta and Yuno. The best seller shonen usually has the same formula it does not mean however they don't pay attention to secondary character. It is reverse actually secondary character gets enough screen time to be considered a main Sasuke, Bakugo, Yuno from said series get enough screen time but it is not their show just like how it is not Karma's show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back