Advice/Help Asking someone else to host a game for you

jadafun

Faerie Princess
Just like the title says. I'm not confident in my hosting ability, and don't have the time to be an active host. However, I really want to play a certain type of roleplay setting that I don't see often. So, basically, is it okay to put out a Looking For Group while asking someone else to host instead?

I've normally seen people ask for GM assistance in the RP Discussion & Advice forums but I don't see why you couldn't post in the recruitment threads either. It's not unheard of to ask for someone else to help with or take the role of the GM! 😄

I personally recommend posting in the discussion forums rather than the roleplay search ones. Reason being that way you aren’t clogging the search forums and taking the opportunity to be seen from others who are willing to put in the work of GMing and also deserve a chance at being seen.

Furthermore, posting on the discussion forums might give other people a better chance for feedback. A lot of concepts are niche or just don’t appeal to people, so putting your search for someone to GM on a place where they can communicate why they wouldn’t- thus allowing you to potentially adapt the offer to make it better for them- seems like a better idea to me.

It can also be worthwhile to skim the Dice Interest Checks and PM GMs who you think might operate on your wavelength.
We used to have a fun little list of GMs but I think the site got too big and removed from dice for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back