• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Asclepius (Sci-Fi, Horror Elements)

The Dapper Mog

The story here revolves around a global conglomerate known as "Asclepius". What began as a fairly common hospital evolved into a national pharmaceutical company that continued growing to the point that it became entrenched in virtually every aspect of human life and wellbeing. The company employs a wide variety of smaller organizations, including it's own private paramilitary that serves as a trained batch of soldiers unaffiliated in any official government capacity. The players would primarily be playing members of this group or survivors within quarantine zones that the group discovers during their assignments.

To be more specific in regards to the plot, a sudden outbreak that became simply known as "The Affliction" emerged within the United States, and spread terribly quickly. Through great effort, the world's governments were able to establish quarantine zones, pockets where the afflicted were primarily contained. These places became terrible places to live for both those who were actually afflicted and those who were not, but trapped within those borders nonetheless.

The Affliction itself seemed mostly harmless at first, then developed into some sort of miracle, with a percentage of those affected developing superhuman abilities. Many of which seemed stronger and faster than they had ever felt, while an even smaller percentage of people developed truly superhuman abilities that seemed mostly unique to the individual. Over time, this would reveal itself to be a curse, as those who used their abilities gradually developed erratic behaviors until eventually they seemed to lose their sense of self and became rabid or aggressive. This led to a severe breakdown within major cities and the official establishment of the quarantine zones.

Asclepius stepped in to maintain as much security and safety as possible, while behind the scenes sending out their teams to work on containment as well as retrieval of data. Some of the missions breech the law, and is usually kept secret to avoid issues with the governments and, of course, their image in the public eye. The roleplay would primarily follow one such team and their endeavors.

Players would be allowed to play as Afflicted, whether they begin play as such or otherwise. However, the more the afflicted use their abilities (those who are simply enhanced physically must be very cautious as exerting themselves has a similar though slower effect) gradually lose themselves to the affliction. They will have a chance of temporarily losing control, and eventually can lose themselves altogether. If this happens to a player character, the character becomes an NPC either temporarily or permanently. This would of course be primarily chance based and up to player interpretation if you want to navigate the concept through plot.

Finally, I know this is kinda long for a check, the members of the team would be efficiently equipped and likely varied in their skills as they are effectively a special ops group. The enemies faced would primarily be somewhat enhanced humans, raiders/bandits/etc..., and an occasional super powered afflicted with abilities.

If you're at all interested, please let me know and feel free to ask any questions. I'm sure there are obvious things I missed, and I would love to flesh this out more if people are interested. Thank you for reading. ^_^

Bruh. Wow. This is dope. Dun know, dun care if it is social commentary but I can definitely dig on this.

What is the technology level. Really just how sci-fi is this?

I notice there is a vast descrepancy in posting frequency and word count for RPs. What is your requirements?

And I get it for DnD but do you need to go on Discord for this? All good either way.

Speaking of DnD, is this a meet in the tavern bullshit then find some filler to trust each other or we gonna be an actual team familiar with each other for once. TBH bruh this whole idea of a trained spec-ops squad together from the get go idea is lit shit and reason 1 for me to join this.

I am STOKED for this concept. Been awhile since anyone has tried to run something similar, and for a second there I thought we'd all moved on to superheroes and the like.

Two questions i forgot to ask.

Could afflicted also be members of the team if they have a managable ability?

also how long ago did the affliction start?

Hey, guys! Thank you for your interest, and of course, your questions.

So, firstly, the affliction began about six months ago. The government has had time to work on solutions and of course to spend a whole lot of time debating on what to do.

The plan wasn't for the main party to already be afflicted (if they were, they would either be in the process of experimentation, or would be on a super tight leash that would potentially create a problematic social situation with the party. (Which is fine if that's what people want! I am open to making adjustments.)

Next, tech level is slightly higher than our own. Low level metal gear? lol If you have ideas for some fun tech, run it by me and I will definitely consider it. Part of the plan is for the team to get better and develop over time as well, so the tech can and will improve. (I actually have an idea to offer some advanced "suits" later on for one mission at least.)

I want the team to already know each other and to be familiar with each other and how they work. It makes the story unfold more easy and skips a lot of the more awkward aspect of the group dynamic. Plus, considering the danger involved and the paranoia of the company, they wouldn't send an entire team of "rookies" out. So, yeah, you would already know each other. No meeting in the tavern stuff.

I love D&D by the way.

I am thinking this will really just be a standard play by post rp, but we can use discord for communication. It's handy that way.

Okay, lastly, I am not super picky about posts. I prefer a minimum of a paragraph or two every few days, but I can easily do multiple posts in a day most days. That being said, my job has kept me fairly busy lately. So, what I'm thinking is this; at least one post every 3 days without specific consent. If you have something coming up, let me know and we can try to work around it. Some players can't keep interest if things don't move along quickly, but I prefer to try and accommodate busier schedules, because I get it, and we all want to be able to play and have fun without excess pressure.

So yeah, I hope that answers all your questions so far. Anything else, feel free to ask. ^_^ I can start working on an OOC here soon.

Is there a set plot with like events and endings in mind? Or is this more like a sandbox type rp?

Definitely answered my questions. I know exactly what i plan to do now. At least if things play out like I think they will

Just read through this and it seems like fun. I do want to ask if you mind if I really lean into the sickness aspect? Specifically, I was hoping to create a character that can kind of be considered a walking plague. I would of course go more into detail and discuss it with you, but I wanted to see if it was in the realm of possibility in the first place. Before I commit.

Hey guys! I am sorry to say that life has been severely hectic for me right now and it is keeping me absurdly busy. That being said, I am working on getting myself to a more stable place, and still absolutely intend on running this concept.

I think all of you are still definitely welcome, if you remain interested, and I will try to get an OOC up in the near future.

Apologies again for the delay and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back