• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐˜ผ๐™Ž๐˜พ๐™€๐™‰๐˜ฟ๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™: ๐™๐™ƒ๐™€ ๐˜พ๐™Š๐™‰๐™Ž๐™‹๐™„๐™๐˜ผ๐˜พ๐™” (๐™‡๐™Š๐™’-๐™Ž๐™๐™‹๐™€๐™๐™ƒ๐™๐™ˆ๐˜ผ๐™‰ ๐™๐™‹)

Lord of Woe

Inexorable

• General

Morphogenesis

Scar Symmetry

Overview

SYNOPSIS
    In the skies above Louisianna in early 2024, a strange aerial phenomenon causes the disappearance of a passenger flight and inflicts observers with a strange sickness. In the aftermath of this event, the US Government deploys the national guard and declares Tammany Parish a special exclusion zone while the cause and nature of the events are investigated. Meanwhile, some survivors of the strange skyborne affliction begin to manifest extraordinary and supernatural capabilities, an occurrence that coincides with strange sightings of passengers from the missing Flight 248.

Those who manifest abilities become known as Ascendants, named for the Ascendant Factor, a genetic aberration acquired from the aforementioned sickness. The reality of superhumans blindsides the American public, putting more pressure on the federal government's investigation. As a result, the special exclusion zone shifts operational focus to containment with nothing allowed in or out without express government authorization. Similarly, the display or utilization of 'aberrant capabilities' becomes expressly prohibited within the special exclusion zone, with violators being detained indefinitely in internment camps located deep within the Lousiana wetlands.

Strange happenings continue in Tammany Parish even long after the first event and establishment of the exclusion zone. Dubbed 'immanence phenomena' these happenings often take the form of new instances of lights in the sky, impossible events, sightings of people who shouldn't exist, and most notoriously, violent storms with anomalous properties. Using the strange by-product of these events, a crystal-like material known as Uridium, the US government has managed to engineer a weaponized compound known as ARC-1, which causes allergic reactions of varying severity in Ascendant individuals, leading many to believe the Government knows far more than they officially claim.

What is the government really doing in Tammany Parish? What were the lights and the sickness that arrived suddenly in early March? What happened to Flight 248? Despite the odds, some still seek the truth...

RP INFORMATION

Ascendant: The Conspiracy will be a semi-lit to lit RP. Sample posts will not be required, but are highly encouraged and will greatly improve your chances of having your application accepted. Character sheets, Lore, and OOC will be posted once enough interest in this RP has been shown, so please do sound off in the replies if you'd like to participate.

This RP will follow a plot with a loose 'pantser'-like structure, with each pre-determined plot point having little to no pre-existing path between them. Getting to each beat in the story will be a creative, collaborative effort. Characters are not required to be in the same place at the same time and may pursue branching and overlapping paths of the story at different times in different places, as well as subplots and character arcs.

A detailed incident report will be posted along with the Lore and OOC to give a clearer and solid picture of the timeline of events leading up to the story's present.

Disclaimer:
    While this is far from my first RP, this is my first RP on RPNation. I look forward to seeing how this goes.

general

roles

rules

ASCENDANT

The Conspiracy

Genres

Science-Fiction, Superhumans, Mystery, Neo-Noir, Conspiracy, Action, Drama, Modern

Status

Accepting

Spots Open

Open/Any

Questions?

All questions may be posted below or sent to me via site DMs or on Discord.

CS

Lore

OOC

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:
Hello! Are you limiting how many characters can be Type 2 or Type 3 since they are more powerful than Type 1? And if so, how many are you limiting it to?

Hello! Are you limiting how many characters can be Type 2 or Type 3 since they are more powerful than Type 1? And if so, how many are you limiting it to?

Type 2, no. Type 3, yes. Probably two or three at most assuming I get ten people or so. That number isn't super strict, though. As you might expect, heavier scrutiny will be given to Type 3 applications when compared to the rest.

Type 2, no. Type 3, yes. Probably two or three at most assuming I get ten people or so. That number isn't super strict, though. As you might expect, heavier scrutiny will be given to Type 3 applications when compared to the rest.
That makes sense. I will start brain-storming on an ability ^^

very interested! i am frothing at the mouth <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back