• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom As the Prophecy Fortold{1x1 for Leopard&OaklyTalon}

Galaxxies

Maybe I belong among the stars
When a prophecy sends a medicine cat and a warrior to save a group of cats, can they? Can the medicine cat teach them the ways of StarClan and healing? Will the warrior be able to make them understand the noble code she lives by? Can they do as the prophecy foretold?

(I'm also gonna keep a list of cats as they are mentioned so we don't lose track of names lol)

JadeClan
Leader
Tatteredstar- Fluffy dark tabby tom
Deputy:
Honeytalon- Light golden she-cat
Medicine Cat:
Silentstep- Graceful, calico she-cat
Warriors:
Pointedfur- Fluffy cream and blue tom
Dawnheart- Dark tortoiseshell she-cat
Stormflare- Grey marbled tom(Dawnheart's brother)
Scorchfur- Orange Striped tom
Cloverfoot- Cream tom with one brown paw(Webkit's father)
Apprentices:
Hazelpaw- Light tabby she-cat(Mentor: Scorchfur)
Queens:
Morningleap- Dark Grey she-cat(Kits- Webkit)
Elders:

WhisperClan
Leader
Deputy:
Medicine Cat:

Littlemist- Small Dark tabby tom
Warriors:
Apprentices:
Queens:
Elders:

Unnamed Group

Last edited:
1608764526994.png

||The Basics||

Name:

Silentstep

28 moons

She-cat

Species:

Calico cat

Clan:

JadeClan

Medicine Cat

||Deeper Into Who I Am||
Being around others, caring for her clan, voles are her favorite food, her collar, the smell of all the herbs, cool weather like in Leaf-fall.

Dislikes:

Being mocked for her kittypet blood, rude cats, unnecessary violence, overly hot or cold weather.

Personality:

Silentstep is a very friendly cat. While she can be quiet at times, if she has a friend, she enjoys chatting and catching up. She has a caring soul and loves tending to others. While caring for a cat, Silentstep tends to take on a very motherly attitude. Even the most senior elders have to put up with this.

More info of her can be found on her page. Here.

38A256AD-8273-483C-9868-8AC55D5481A7.jpeg
Name: Dawnheart

Clan: JadeClan

Personality: Over-confident at times, strong willed and kind, determined to complete any task she is given no matter the difficulty. An excellent fighter and cunning Hunter, has a bad habit of biting off more than she can chew. Likes rabbit as her favorite food, enjoys mid New-leaf, and appreciates honesty. Very much dislikes blatant disrespectful behavior, and ignorance. She can’t explain why, but she has thing about Frogs, she’d rather face a dozen Foxes before getting close to a Frog.

Appearance: Dark brown tortoiseshell She-cat

Other Jadeclan Cats:
Stormflare- Warrior- grey marbled Tom- (Dawnheart’s brother)
Scorchfur- Warrior- orange tiger-stripe Tom
Hazelpaw(Hazelleaf)- Apprentice( Mentor is Scorchfur)- light brown tabby She-cat

Silentstep padded back into the clans camp just as sunhigh was hitting the camp. She followed Tatteredstar in through the entrance, the air about them heavy with the talk they had shared in the forest.
"Are you sure it's her?" The large leader spoke in his deep timbre of a voice. He had stopped just beside the large stump he stood atop to hold clan meetings. As the leader sat down, Silentstep followed suit, curling her tail around her paws.
"I'm not sure. But it was the dappled sunlight that was leading me there." The young medicine cat had received a prophecy the night before as she visited Crystal Cave for the half moon. At least... She thought it was one. Though Silentstep was born a kittypet, it took her no time at all to connect with StarClan once she learned of them. From her first moon in the clan, she let them guide her pawsteps as she learned to provide for and heal her clan. Though she did often wonder what she would be like had she been born into a clan, she didn't let it cloud her mind. And her dream at the Crystal Cave the night before was more than enough to remind her of her connection. Her dream started with her leaving the camp. Starry paws lead the way for a while, then they changed. Patches of sunlight dappeled the path, and lead her through the forest, over the plains, and on for many days. Though as the days had passed, the sky never faded from it pale dawn light. At the end of the dream, she stood just outside a clan's camp. All around her cats stood, battle scarred and terrified. She had stood as nothing more than an onlooker as the life of this group of cats passed. Mothers left the noise of the main area to have their kits in the forest. Those same mothers taught their kits how to hunt and fight from the moment they were able. Elders were left to fend for themselves. Only grown, healthy cats banded together under what seemed to be a leader. This was no clan. This was nothing more than a group of loners. Silentstep knew they needed her help. She also knew that only one cat in the clan held a name that could relate to the dappled light and days of dawn light that guided her. She glanced around for the dark tortoiseshell she-cat.

Stepping out into the sunlight, Dawnheart exhaled peacefully and let the slight breeze flow through her fur, as she exited the Warriors Den. Having been on the dawn patrol, she enjoyed the nap afterwards. Padding over to the fresh-kill pile, Dawnheart noticed Tatteredstar and Silentstep by the large stump, she smiled warmly at them as they were both looking her way. Taking a small mouse, she headed over to join her brother Stormflare, who was sunning himself near the apprentices den, in the grass under a warm beam of sunlight breaching through the trees above. next to the Medicine Cats den. “Tatteredstar and Silentstep just arrived from going to the Crystal Cave, any idea what’s going on?” Stomflare asked without opening his eyes or moving at all, he looked lazy but he was probably their most hard working Warrior besides Tatteredstar himself. Dawnheart dropped her mouse, “Maybe they’re talking about how lazy you really are?” She teased playfully before laying down to start eating. Stormflare huffed as he rolled over to sun his belly, “Maybe its about you and how much you annoy your own brother?” He replied deeply. Dawnheart raised an eyebrow mid chew and looked over at her Leader and Medicine Cat, noticing they were still looking at her. Meeting Silentsteps eyes, she grew slightly embarrassed and forgot about her mouthful of food. Sitting up quickly she started beating her chest with her right paw as she swallowed her bite. Stormflare opened a bright yellow eye as he heard his sister choking down her meal, “Yeah it’s totally about you.” He jeered teasingly. “Ack- Is not! Big lump!” She answered back with an embarrassing angry face.

Last edited:
Silentstep couldn't stop the small rumble of an amused purr that came from her as Dawnheart recovered from choking on her mouthful. "Should I call her over?"
"Yes. Call her and I'll call for Honeytalon." Tatteredstar turned his large tabby head and gave a call to the deputy. Honeytalon looked up from the small kit she was playing with and poked her head inside the nursery before she made her way over.
"Sorry, Morningleap wanted me to watch Webkit while she napped." The light golden she-cat sat down and wrapped her tail over her paws before she spoke again. "What did you need?"
Silentstep finally took her eyes off the nursery as a dark grey she-cat came out of the den and started tossing a mossball with the small white kit Honeytalon had left.
Tatteredstar quickly started to fill his deputy in on the basics of what was going on. While he spoke, Silentstep called out to Dawnheart. "Dawnheart, could we speak with you for a moment?" Silentstep had always thought fondly of the confident dappled she-cat. Now as she watched the she-cat, waiting on her response, Silentstep's vision dimmed. She blinked a few times and realized she was gazing through early dawn light. However, the ground around Dawnheart was dappled with sunlight, just like in Silentstep's dream. The lithe medicine cat gave a small gasp and blinked her eyes a few times. The vision had gone. She knew then that StarClan had proved she was right in her suspicions on who the dream meant for her to take with her.

Flinching at the call of her name by Silentstep, Dawnheart felt her soul nearly leaver her body, “C-Coming!” She yelled back in a broken voice. Stormflare started into a chuckle, “Starclan help us, I’ve become clairvoyant.” Suddenly he caught a half eaten mouse to the face, “All yours Mousebrain!” Dawnheart snickered as she took off, slowing down as she approached the trio of Leadership in the Clan, immediately she felt pressure weighing her down. Sitting down before them, Dawnheart smiled warmly at Silentstep, “Hello, anything I can help with? I’m ready to work!” She declared happily. It was true Dawnheart was among their most accountable Warriors, but she was still young at heart in comparison.

Silentstep watched as Tatteredstar and Honeytalon beamed at the enthusiasm of the young warrior. "No work to do right now, Dawnheart." The large leader rumbled in his rough mew. "Silentstep just had some news she wanted to share with you."
Silentstep felt her pelt prick at being put on the spot, but she quickly calmed her fur and nerves and started speaking. "StarClan has called the two of us for a mission." With that, the calico she-cat launched into a retelling of her dream. She had told Tatteredstar everything already, but she left in every detail she had told him. She didn't want Dawnheart and Honeytalon to miss out on anything. As she finished her gaze then took on Tatteredstar as well. "And just now when I called Dawnheart over, I had a vision. StarClan showed me the day through dawn light but around Dawnheart... Light dappeled the ground, just like in my dream. I know that means I'm right. StarClan wouldn't have sent a second sign if I wasn't right." The small she-cat licked her chest fur a few times to ease her anxiety over the situation.
Tatteredstar then took over. "However," his mew rumbled, "I have told Silentstep I want you two to wait until after the full moon Gathering. I want to see if WhisperClan has also had someone from their clan called for the mission. It would be better to leave together if this is the case." He nodded his head to Silentstep. "Silentstep will speak with Littlemist at the Gathering, see if StarClan has spoken with him."
Silentstep kept her eyes on the warrior in front of her as their leader spoke. Would she agree to go? She had to right? It was StarClan sending them.

Dawnheart stared blankly at them for a moment as her brain processed the information. Then, like being tackled by her own brute of a brother, it all hit her at once. Luckily for her, she quickly curled her tail around her shifting paws and bit back a squeak of excitement. Taking a deep breath, Dawnheart replied with a forced even tone, “I understand the depth of the situation, I will use all my knowledge and skills to fulfill this mission to the best of my abilities. I will assist Silentstep as she assists me.” On the outside She seemed calm, but she was on the verge of bursting with excitement at being picked by StarClan for such an important mission.

Entering through the bramble tunnel, the well muscled orange striped Tom, Scorchfur, emerged with his apprentice Hazelpaw following close. “I’ll report to Tatteredstar, give your paws some rest.” He told the others as they came in. Hazelpaw moved her ears in curiosity at the group assembled near the stump, “Huh, that looks interesting.” Scorchfur glanced at his apprentice, then to the small group by the stump, admittedly he also felt the same level of curiosity. “Could be, Go see if the Nursery needs new bedding and take some fresh kill to the elders.” He told her sternly before heading to sit nearby but just out of earshot, ignoring his apprentices groans.

Silentstep could hardly contain her happiness. Dawnheart had agreed to go with her! A purr rumbled as Tatteredstar started to speak again.
"I want you to use this time before the next gathering to prepare yourselves. Silentstep, take the time to train a cat to take your place while you're gone. We'll need someone to see to sick. Dawnheart, take some time off of warrior duties. You may still participate, but rest as well. Build up some strength to go on this journey."
Silentstep nodded her head. She knew she'd as Pointedfur to take over for her. He was her best friend in the clan. The fluffy, goofy furrball had always welcomed her with open paws. Even when she was failing at her warrior training in the beginning, he had stood by her side. Even now, he often helped her gather and sort herbs. She knew he'd be up for the task.
"Now, I have a boarder patrol to lead. I want the two of you to spend time together. Talk this over. You dont need to share everything with the clan. Decide on what you want to tell them, and I'll hold a meeting tonight to inform the clan." With that the large leader stalked off and gathered up a patrol with the flick of his tail. As he headed out of camp, Honeytalon nodded her farewell and the quiet she-cat left the other two alone.

Dawnheart sat in a sort of trance after Tatteredstar and Honeytalon left, her earlier facade starting to wear off as the weight of information finally broke through. She opened her mouth wide, ready to blare out a barrage of questions, but just a single one caused them all to halt. She blinked curiously, “Wait, Silentstep, how exactly am I supposed to know where we are going?” She in a whisper, suddenly growing hot from embarrassment, thinking she’s supposed to know.

Scorchfur padded over to Honeytalon, giving his report of their patrol to the Western border shared with WhisperClan, there were strong scents all along it. As well as a few spots close to the border itself where they’d been obviously hunting, something to note. “Did something happen? I couldn’t help but notice Tatteredstar and Silentstep have returned from the Crystal Cave.” Scorchfur asked, attempting to hide his own curiosity with pointing out the obvious.

Silentstep looked up at Dawnheart's question. "I..." The medicine cat broke off before she even spoke two words. "Let's go to my den." The calico cat stood and walked across camp to her den. Her den was made in the hollowed-out trunk of a large oak tree. Brambles and sticks had been woven together to form a small tunnel to lead to the entrance of the den. Silentstep padded on her, thoughts full of Dawnheart's question. How would the she-cat know? Silentstep stepped into the familiar scents and cozy feeling of her den. The high bark walls and packed dirt floor were her home. Mostly to herself, but also to let Dawnheart know she wasn't ignoring her, Silentstep spoke. "I need to make my paws busy. So I can think." She padded to the back of the den. Here, where the dirt met the roots that broke the ground around the inside wall of the tree, Silentstep kept her herb stores. She pulled a few paw fulls of leaves and leaf wraps out of the dips and crevices the roots made. She moved back to the center of her den and motioned for Dawnheart to rest as well. Silentstep laid the herbs out in front of her, gently pawing through them as her mind whirled with thoughts. Some she spoke out loud so that Dawnheart could hear. "I'm sure StarClan would send a sign." "Maybe there's somewhere you've always wanted to go." "Surely the prophecy won't be wrong." "Is it even a prophecy if StarClan hasn't spoken to me? Is that just a sign." "Are we banking too much on this?" Her words were just as jumbled as her thoughts. But her paws kept moving. She separated out old, shriveled, and crumbling herbs from the ones that were still useful.

Honeytalon took note of the hunting close to the border. She'd have to remember to send strong patrols that way. No sense in taking risks. At the rest of the warrior's statement, Honeytalon looked up at him. "Tatteredstar did not go. But yes, Silentstep has returned from her half-moon meeting at the Crystal Cave. There's nothing to worry about. There will be a meeting later this evening to discuss if need be." The deputy knew she couldn't give everything away. She didn't even know what Tatteredstar and the medicine cat would go on to tell the clan.

Lightly, Dawnhearts tail draped over Silentsteps back, “Whoa there, I’m sure things are fine.” She reassured smoothly, “Maybe theres gotta be a certain thing I need to do first, or maybe Whisperclans medicine cat had a clue?” She added quickly to try and sound more confident. Her fur was still puffed with excitement, Dawnheart didn’t want to scare Silentstep with an outburst of energy. Especially in Silentsteps own den.

Scorchfur nodded his head understanding, giving his regards before heading over to check on his apprentice.

Silentstep started slightly at the tail resting on her back. But she calmed quickly with Dawnheart's words. "You're right. You're right." The calico medicine cat shook herself slightly."I overthink sometimes." She quickly licked her chest fur to smooth it down. "Well get to talk to Littlemist soon. Maybe he knows something we don't yet. Or maybe StarClan will send another sign. Everything will be fine." She breathed deeply, much calmer now than she was just moments before. "However, we do need to decide how much we wish to tell the clan at the meeting tonight." Silentstep stood and moved a bundle of herbs back into their proper place among the roots. "I'm thinking we just let them know that StarClan has called us for a mission and let that be that." Her voice was slower now, much more in control than it was before. "But I want you're input too. This is your mission as well." Silentstep returned another bundle of herbs to the stores before walking back to Dawnheart and sitting down beside her again.

The question gave Dawnheart much to consider, being an average Warrior herself, things like this were often only told to them with half the truth being told. "I'm thinking maybe we should tell them all that we know. They might not understand it at first, but I know they'll come to accept the fact of the matter, because it was StarClan who gave us this Mission." She explained from the heart, speaking from some experience as most clan members weren't often privy to such information unless it was dire to their survival. "I don't know, I just like being honest about things, and I appreciate honesty being given to me. Makes me feel... Loved." She exclaimed with a warm smile that could carry a Clan through the coldest of Leaf bares.

Silentstep found herself lost in that warm smile. It made her feel like she was lying on a warm patch of grass in bright Greenleaf sun. After a few moments, Dawnhearts words sunk in and Silentstep shook herself. Of course she hadn't been lost in the gaze of the warrior. She was a medicine cat. It was against her code. "I'm sorry, Dawnheart. I know that... we usually do keep some things from the whole of the clan. We tell ourselves that its right. That it will help keep order. But maybe its time we change that. There's no reason the whole of JadeClan can't know what this mission is." The calico cat nodded her head. Silentstep returned the warm smile to Dawnheart and then lowered her gaze when she realized it. She felt her ear tips grow hot and she suddenly found it very interesting to have one paw messing with the collar she wore wrapped around her foreleg.

Dawnheart smiled warmly again, “Alright, we have a good plan so far then.” She meowed encouragingly. It was nice being around Silentstep, she’d always been close with her brother most of her life, and with Silentstep it’s similar. Dawnheart had a feeling she would grow very close to this She-cat. “Well, hopefully tonight’s meetings go smoothly, and maybe we’ll have another cat on the journey with us. Guess we’ll find out from Littlemist.”

Tatteredstar stood on top of the stump and watched as the last hunting patrol came into the camp. Once they had dropped their catch onto the freshkill pile, he let out the call to summon his clan. "Let all those old enough to protect their own kin, join here beneath the Stump for a clan meeting."

Silentstep padded out of her den at Tatteredstar's summons. She knew what this was about, and felt her nerves spike at knowing that she was about to have to reveal the dream StarClan had sent her. The small calico made her way to the center of the camp where the rest of the clan was gathering. As she settled into a spot, a fluffy pelt brushed against her. The scent told her it was Pointedfur. A purr instantly started in her throat and she gently butted the warrior's shoulder in greeting. Pointedfur was her best friend in the clan. Always had been, and she knew he was now beside her because he sensed her anxieties.
"I don't know what's going on, but is everything alright?" The fluffy cream and blue tom mewed softly. His name was very fitting. The blue covered his cream fur at the points on his body. His face, ears, and paws were all the color.
Silentstep nodded. "It'll be fine. You'll find out in just a moment." Even as she spoke, Silentstep found herself searching the crowd of gathered cats for a dark tortoiseshell pelt. As she was searching, she heard Tatteredstar's deep mew rumble across the gathered cats.
"I have called you all here this evening because our medicine cat, Silentstep has a very important announcement to share with the clan."
Silentstep sighed stood to speak.

Down in the crowd of cats, Dawnheart sat with her tail wrapped around her paws, her eyes glittering as she looked up at Silentstep. The rising anxiety in her seemed to rest easy, she couldn’t explain why, it just felt easier when she could look at the Medicine Cat. Beside Dawnheart, her brother Stormflare, sat with content. His go with flow attitude gave him a sometimes lazy impression, and often looked aloof to happenings around him. In that moment, Stormflare noticed the way his sister watched Silentstep, and he decided to cross that thunder road when it came up. Nearby, Scorchfur kept his apprentice and a few others from making small talk during the meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back