• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Arva: Tides of Darkness [IC] [Closed]

"I didn't ask him to do it, neither did I ask anyone else to step forward." Waylond said in angry tone of his own as he got back up " He's a grown man, who can make his own decisions. But since you're a caring father and my employer, I'll hold off from retaliation." No blood, lucky. Pottrey tried to help his knight up, but was too slow as he already got back up. The wounds and bruises didn't seem to matter too much to him right now. "Spare me your threats and aim them to who deserve them." The knight looked towards Sharad "That pathetic snake is ready to bite you as soon as it's comfortable for him, but you're too blind to see it."

"Ser Hughin, I'm sure what Ser Waylond means is..." The knight cut his squire a glance and instantly shut up. He'd seen that before.

"What I mean is for you to punish me for my own actions and not for whatever endevors your son takes. But since you're going to shift the weight of personal responsabilty, then it falls on you as well. If you have issues with my own action back there, fine, but I'll point you directly to those who I answer to above all else." The knight pointed a gloved hand towards the skies "I took a vow long before I joined your company and I am not blessed with flexablity when it comes to those vows. Had you done your dues, you'd have know this. But sure enough you took me and those vows in."

Last edited:
Hughin looked at Waylond for a moment before closing his eyes and taking a deep, tired breath. Looking to where Sharad was before returning his attention back to the knight. "I'll deal with him later. Know this, it is my responsibility to make sure everyone here in this Company gets back to Argos alive and I cannot do that if you, or others, are running about getting into wanton and unneeded danger. And I especially cannot allow-" Hughin spoke before being cut off by Arnas clearing his throat. "Waylond's right. It was my choice, alright? It wouldn't be right to let those prisoners have to fight such a beast-"

"And what about the creatures we had fought before? Hm? You'd offer them the same courtesy when they wouldn't have second thoughts about slaughtering us?"

"It isn't just in any case. They were prisoners too." Arnas retorted as he glared right at Hughin. The captain didn't know how to respond as he simply looked at his son for a moment before throwing his arms up in the air as he let out a loud chuckle before placing a hand on his head. "Just... just promise you all won't take unnecessary risks, will you?"

The battle was long and confusing, chaos in every direction from the stands to the battlefield itself. Yet Da'Vost kept his focus as best he could, evading blows as well as taking them before he would riposte with searing magic. Despite this the wounds he did suffer from were once again noticeable, his movements growing stiff while his breath became ragged.

Just as he was prepared for the fight to continue to its bloody conclusion, the rest of the company was teleported into the fray. This granted him some semblance of a second wind, yet his body and lungs still burned with exertion. Fortunately, after several more blows were traded an intervention took place - the company was transported to an entirely new location: some forested area he did not recognize.

As Waylond, Arnas, and Hughin had their exchange Da'Vost clutched his wounds in the background while he tried to get his bearings. Yet his gaze caught Lanya struggling quite similarly. His head recoiled in shock, and he quickly rushed over to her side as he crouched to examine her.

"Lanya, what is wrong little one?!" he chirped, trying to determine what had befallen her. Was it an illness? Did Jirin curse her or something equally nefarious?

Last edited:
"Oh ya should've seen her, big bird!" Joony replied in substitute for Lanya, who continued to breath rather heavily from exhaustion. "Bring up a lot of water for a spell, I didn't know a little thing could do something that big!" A few moments passed as Lanya managed to catch some of her breath as she raised a small hand up to Da'Vost: "Just... tired..." she replied with a quiet tone before repositioning herself to sit down properly and continued to recover.

The large bird frowned, slowly shaking his head as smoothly as he can manage with his twitchy motions. Nodding in Joony's direction, he looked back at her and curled a claw to his beak with a grumbling thought. "Were you... working to assist us?" Da'Vost asks yet waits for no answer. "As I have been discussing you exert yourself too much when casting. Magic must flow naturally, to be too strong or reserved invites dangers of straining."

"Spells help us focus the flow of magic, though one can perform simpler tasks like you attempted with practice." He extends a hand out to her, hoping to help her get on her feet again.

"I gave my word that I'd serve under your command, but I also will have to work with what I've sworn to uphold." Waylond spoke with a now more calm demenor "I cannot make promises, but I will keep your son's impulses in mind for the future." The knight looked towards Arnas "Although I have my doubt that I'm the only person that pushes you towards them."

"I just... wanted ta help." Lanya replied with an angry look to Da'Vost. " 'Ow can I stay calm if I see erryone else bein' attacked? I cannae just be slow like that!" she then said as Zakala kneeled down next to her and gave her a pat on the back. "We appreciate you trying to help Lanya, we do. Now I'm not one for magic, but Da'Vost is right: you need to learn how to do things better." the demoness spoke as she gave a glance to Da'Vost for a moment before returning her attention to the little Utterlin. "Now, you need to rest alright?" she then spoke before Lanya could protest, with the latter only giving off a sigh in response afterwards.

Hughin looked at Waylond for a moment before giving a faint nod and began to walk off towards his next target. He eyed Sharad where he was as he walked over and looked over the thief for a moment before speaking: "Let me set something straight Sharad, and you better take it to heart. If you ever abandon your compatriots like you did in the arena again, you can kiss your ass goodbye out of this Company. No ifs or buts."

Da'Vost gave a solemn nod as Lanya and Zakala spoke, seeing both perspectives as best he could before chirping a response. "Ah, yes. But how can one help others if they cannot help themselves?" he replies, still kneeling at Lanya's level. "I know how it can be painful to see friends in danger and turmoil, but understand some of us may fight to protect you. What good will it do if your inexperience endangers you?"

He clicks his beak, looking to the ground for a moment. "However, when I volunteered to protect Eirana I did not act with your well-being in mind either. If I were to expire who would be left to teach you? For that I apologize, and I will work to do better." With a twitching tilt of his head he looked to Lanya again. "We shall accelerate your studies as much as we can. Once you are more competent you shall be able to help us greatly." The Aervis put a hand to her shoulder, managing a smile most warm.

Lanya gave a weak smile to Da'Vost and nodded to him in acceptance as he gave her his promise. Joony meanwhile grinned and tilted his head to the two of them: "Oooh! She gonna be a big time wizard now is she?" he asked in a playful manner, "Like the magi elves up north?"

With a pained groan the Aervis stood up to his full height, brushing at his robes with a nod. "With time and effort, yes. Though I cannot speak for the elves, as I can only teach her as my kin have taught me. Fortunately flying lessons are not in a Fateseeker's teaching regiment." Da'Vost stated, making a lighthearted joke soon after.

Aureal wished for a miracle as they continued on fighting the champion. Their chances of winning were slim, but luckily enough they were Jirin's esteemed guests and are exempted from dying, but he's starting to doubt the Monkey's words. It seemed like the gods heard Aureal's prayer and offered mercy in the form of a... small child? At least Zakala knew who our little good Samaritan was and that's enough to appease Aureal's worries.

Aureal tried to wrap his mind around the events that are unfolding but they were once again transported into an unknown forest. The sudden teleportation was disorienting to say the least, as the elf collapsed and on the ground along with Eidunn. Aureal took in a deep breath as he let go of all his senses, losing himself to the comforting breeze of the forest and the sound of the branches dancing along with the wind. For the first time in forever, the wood-elf felt at peace. Though, that peace was short-lived as Aureal's ear was bombarded by another round of dispute and disagreement. It surprised him how his companions still has the energy to fight against each other. All of them has a point, though some have less than the other, but all in all, Aureal was just glad that all of them survived the battle. That's all that matters in the end.

Speaking of surviving, Aureal stood up from his position and looked around for their little savior. When spotted, he made his way towards the them, giving them a smile before settling down once again. 'What was their name again? If I remember correctly, Zakala said something like june?' Aureal thought to himself.

"So... Joony?" Aureal started, still unsure of the woodling's name. "I don't think we've met before. I just wanted to thank you for saving our behinds back at the Colosseum." he continued, trying to think of a way to word his next lines. "I'm just a little curious, why?"

In Eirana's case the warnings and threats issued by Hughin fell on deaf ears. She might not have taken a knightly vow but she did live under a strict code of honor and morality. At the time she was fuming- especially after Hughin laid a hand on Waylond- but she cared not to speak up or raise a finger simply because Hughin would never be able to understand. With Arnas speaking up to- rightfully- defend his own actions Eirana's eyes wandered over to the knight.

"I apologize noble knight, for it was not my intention to get you into danger or trouble." She said in a low and soft tone while standing by him and Pottrey. "I cannot thank you enough for standing by me however and I would like to offer my services in the form of a debt."

"My lady is there really a need for a debt? I gladly did what I did and would do so again, but I was not spurred into action because you had asked for my help I'm afraid." Waylond humbly answered Eirana " But you and master Da'Vost stood by me as well when the time came. For that you have my gratitude."

While charging towards the giant champion, Cain started to hear a voice from where Jirin was standing. He couldn't quite hear out most of the details as he was in the rush of a fight but he could see that the monkey king was dissatisfied at the sight of the new person. In just moments, the whole company was transported in to a new place; a forest of some sort, though not most of the company members are familiar with the place. All that is important is that they appeared to be safe here.

Immediately, Cain knelt down out of exhaustion. He closed his eyes and breathed for a while. The scent of the wilderness and a hint of the spoiled banana from earlier lingers; He couldn't help but laugh it off. He opened his eyes and began to focus around the new face they called "Joony". Overhearing Aureal's question, Cain decided to lean in, standing beside them to know the answer.

"Oh! Well, now you see-" Joony started to speak to Aureal as if he was going to recount the whole story again before Zakala cut in rather quickly to paraphrase: "He was sent here by his mother, whoever she is, and now we're to... head over to her, right?" she said, turning to Joony for the last part of her question who responded with a quick nod and a grin. "Ya! Exactly!" Joony spoke up quickly after. "Buuut... the lot of you aren't in that good condition to walk all the way. I'll try ta find a gate for us to use, save us a lot of time!"

"A gate? What do you mean by this?" Cain said with a raised eyebrow. If we can teleport, why not go straight there, he thought to himself but held his tongue instead. Could it be possible that it is a place where Jirin cannot easily go to?

"Well think of it as... I dunno... shortcuts! Yeah, like you want to go somewhere fast you go through a gate. Hard ta spot often... if ya aren't a woodling or one of the old druid." Joony said, walking behind a small rock before appearing behind Cain, Aureal, and Zakala from a cluster of bushes. "See! But tha ones I use are too small for you lot, need ta find a bigger one."

"Do you know where to start looking?" Zakala asked as she crossed her arms, prompting Joony to look up and scratch his chin. "Hmm... generally speaking, yea! I think I remember this spot o' woods."

Invria looked around as if seeing the world for the first time, trembling. Her hand was clutched to her dagger, stiff as she tried to pry it away. There had been fighting and she'd been useless--again--and then they weren't there anymore. It felt a blur--monkey people who killed others for fun. All she'd been able to see in the arena were her company-mates and then those same people were arguing with the being with the most oppressive magical force she'd ever felt. It weighed on her, tried to get under her skin like bugs or poison or laughter or all three.

And then all was the smell of earth and falling through the air and they were here. Which was...somewhere with trees and they were all tired and covered in blood that may or may not be their own.

Damn, it had been years since she'd frozen like that. And when she was already so bad at this that she couldn't breathe through it. It had been okay before that gods-damned storm. Maybe it had affected her more than she'd originally thought?

Blinking, she looked around, trying to not quite slink into the trees to hide from her companions, but not wanting to draw attention to herself either.

And then she saw Arnas, finally not being scolded by his father and the amount of blood was alarming. She immediately started looking around, eyes darting back and forth, hoping beyond hope. The white flowers poked up and she went towards them, cutting at the yarrow stems until she had a few handfuls of leaves.

Eyes down, she asked, "May I?" Before starting to apply the leaves to the wounds. "A powder would be better to stem the bleeding, but these should work until we can get more supplies." She eyed her work carefully before tearing more strips of cloth off her shirt to secure the leaves in place. Her shirt looked like it belonged to someone who had been shipwrecked more than anything now, her scars becoming more and more visible.

She eyed his arm. "I can apply a tourniquet to your arm. You could only keep it on for a few hours, but it will stop the bleeding until someone with more skill than I can stitch it."

Invira spoke softly, hardly daring to look. If she'd only acted she may have been able to help stop this or take the blows herself or...something. Anything.

"Oh hey... don't worry, it actually isn't that bad-" Arnas started to say as the natural remedy was applied to his wounds, causing a sharp stinging that caused him to quickly grit his teeth for a moment and to breath in and out a few times rapidly. "Ok maybe it is a bit bad." he then said with a chuckle after the pain lessened somewhat. He didn't necessarily want to worry anyone about the wounds he had been given, perhaps out of both a misplaced selflessness or stubbornness, but realized that wouldn't help anyone. In any case, he looked at Invira as she suggested the tourniquet and Arnas shrugged.

"I don't think that is necessary... I'm not missing a limb now." he said in a joking manner before realizing Invira seemed rather... distant. Or perhaps sad? He was a bit confused and decided to try to probe the issue: "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked with a concerned tone.

Invira looked up in surprise as she knotted the bandage over the yarrow leaves. "I'm--nothing's wrong." But that was a lie and she wasn't supposed to lie. The color drained from her face and she looked down, trying to control her trembling with deliberately slow breathing. "I'm sorry, that isn't completely true. I know my performance has been subpart since we....arrived here. I'll try to be better. I won't--I won't freeze again."

She finally looked up at him, steeling herself, "I'll accept any punishment you deem necessary of course. My inaction was inexcusable."

Arnas looked entirely confused as he heard Invira speak of 'punishment' and shook his head in confusion as he looked at her. "Wha- punishment? What are you talking about?" he asked with noticeable bafflement in his voice. He wasn't entirely sure what to think of this as he tried to figure out what exactly Invira meant by all this. Why is she expecting punishment for something that wasn't even her fault? he thought to himself.

"Listen... I get what you think you're at fault for but trust me when I say that you aren't. Alright?" he simply replied, giving off a weak smile. "Besides, I wouldn't call tending to wounds as inaction now would I?"

Last edited:
For a moment, Invira couldn't believe him. Didn't he remember everything? But there was nothing but confusion and the pain he had to still be feeling from his wounds. "I...it's my job to protect, to guard and I didn't do that. Me having to tend to your wounds is because I wasn't doing what I was supposed to do. What I was trained to do." She looked at him with the same bafflement, "Do you really not see anything wrong with that?"

This wasn't expected. Her training was there because she was meant to take hits--especially those that were meant for her superiors or mages or really anyone that was deemed more useful than she. Not only had she actually attacked him, but there had been multiple counts where she'd hardly been able to act whatsoever or her actions hadn't been enough.

"If you insist," said Eirana, nodding. "You have my gratitude as well, noble knight. Debt or not I will do my best to return the favor one day."
She looked towards Da'Vost and Lanya. Eirana's voice fell silent and her expression turned worry. "I fear that such a day might be upon us soon."

Shaking her head, Eirana looked at Pottrey. "Squire, how did you fare during this battle? Any wounds?"

"Uh.. I am fine my lady." Pottrey replied awkwardly as he wasn't used to the attention still "I didn't participate in the fight, so I am unscathed."

"Your moral support is always apreciated, Pottrey." Waylond chimed in.

"Until I am battle ready, I would only be hinderence, ser." The squire turned his attention back to Eirana "Thank you for your concern, my lady."

Arnas gave off a sigh as Invira spoke her mind, before shrugging. "If you want my honesty, yeah I would've appreciated if you were more proactive in the arena. But I mean... we were dealing with the Monkey King of all things. I don't blame anyone for being scared. Hells, I was scared out of my mind."

Without giving Sharad a chance to retort or backtalk, Hughin walked off away from the man and headed over to where Joony was and looking over the woodling for a moment before shrugging. "So you're this Joony I heard about. Thanks for saving our hides back there." he spoke politely, getting the woodling to giggle in response. "Well thanks mister! But me mum was the one ya should be thanking." he replied rather quickly.

"Speaking of that, we ought to head to this 'gate' you spoke of before we run out of daylight." Zakala said as she looked up to the sky, taking note of the general time of day which was early afternoon by this point. Joony recognized the slight urgency in her voice and gave a quick nod: "Yah! Okay, I'll lead you all. Follow me!" he spoke as he began to walk off, rather slowly at first so that everyone had time to collect themselves. Zakala helped Arnas up to his feet while everyone else gathered their belongings and walked off behind Joony as the woodling led the way. As the group moved through the forest, Joony looked up, around and about without much of a care as he hummed and had a skip in his walk.

"Not 'ere... not this one either..." the woodling spoke aloud as he moved from tree to tree, occasionally knocking on their bark before finally coming to a halt and placing his hands on his hips in confidence. "Aha! Here." Joony said aloud for everyone to hear before pointing towards two trees in the near distance. A gap existed between the two large trunks and their branches intertwined with one another overhead to form a natural looking arch. As the group approached, Joony quickly walked over to one of the trunks and pressed his ear to its trunk while motioning for the group to stop moving. A few moments passed in silence as Joony knocked on the wood and seemed to be deep in thought about something, until Hughin broke the silence: "Joony. What are you doing?" he asked in a rather tired manner.

"Tryin' ta make sure tha Grœnnfold is stable for us ta move through... don't want ta get lost in it." Joony replied as he kept his ear on the tree for a few more moments before hopping away and nodding to the group eagerly. "Alright! Should be good for us, now... ya need to follow me very closely, or ya will get lost... and ya don't want ta get lost. Trust me!" Joony warned, looking to everyone in the group. Before giving a playful salute and walking back first in between the trees, shimmering out of view almost immediately. Hughin was quiet for a moment before turning to everyone: "Alright, you heard him. Stay close. Don't stray... from whatever we're getting ourselves into."

One by one, members of the company walked through between the trees and found themselves in a strange place indeed as they entered what seemed to be the forest... but rather different. A moderate hue of green pervaded the atmosphere as the forest from before became slightly translucent and everything seemed to have trailing wisps coming off them as if something were blowing on them. Joony was a short distance away as he waved over to the group: "Great! Now again, do not stray! I don't wanna lose you out here."

Roll 1d20 - 14; Pass.

As the group followed Joony through this strange realm, they found the terrain to become more and more strange as if it were more primal. Strange ethereal fauna of many kinds began to prop up out of the ground and dot the changing forest, most of which seemed as though it didn't belong back in the mortal world. From time to time, members of the group would feel a slight tugging at their being as if it was a nagging curiosity that beckoned them to stray away from the group and explore but nobody fell victim to this as everyone maintained their vigilance in following Joony through the region. What seemed like an hour passed before Joony rushed up ahead to a pair of trees, not too dissimilar to the one they had entered through before, and whistled. "Through 'ere!" Joony simply yelled out before running through entrance, disappearing through them.

As the group followed, they would emerge out to a sight of unlike anything they had ever seen.

The Garden
1595235650278.png

"Ah, is good to be home!" Joony spoke as he stretched his arms upwards. "Mum shan't be far from 'ere. Come!" he then said as he continued to walk, with the Company shortly following suit as they marveled at the beauty of this place. Everything seemed so intricate and delicate, yet it emanated an aura of ancient beauty: everything from the delicate grasses to the golden leaves of the trees and the pristine waters of the lake the group found themselves near. Only a few minutes passed before coming across a large dwelling built into the silver trunk of one of the trees, the sight of which caused Joony to rush forward and knock on the door in excitement.

A few moments passed as footsteps could be heard walking through the domicile before the door gently opened to reveal its inhabitant. "Mum we're home! I got 'em 'ere safe and sound!" Joony spoke with excitement as he pointed to the Company.

Ellas looked at the group for a moment before sighing a breath of relief: "Ah... I trust the journey here was not too stressful?" she inquired to the group with a gentle tone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back