Artur Seiden

14796574083301 (2).jpg

Name: Artur Seiden

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Nickname: Ravager King

Appearance: Artur is a 6 footer with a lean and slightly muscular build. His black hair is usually left as is, giving him an unkempt look. His crimson eyes seem to have a dead gaze most of the time. His skin is somewhat fair, though there are a few dark tones here and there. His common attire is a sleeveless, navy blue tunic that comes with a built-in belt. For his lower garments, he dons black trousers and sturdy, dark brown combat shoes.

Fears:   To be forgotten

To be miserably inferior

To become dull

Aspirations: ☠ To do things in an over-glorifying manner

To reign supreme above all    

Personality: Artur is not really a like-able person. He's arrogant, he is blunt as hell, and would usually say whatever the hell he wants without taking others into account. He underestimates everyone, and overestimates his self. Some could say he has a god-complex by the way he acts. He thinks he is above and beyond all, and if not, then his mindset is that he should be. He rarely sees others as competition, and would seldom accept the opinion of others. Heck, he wouldn't even kneel to a king, nor respectfully bow to a president. He'd look them straight in the eye and ask them to kneel instead. That's how high he thinks of his self.

Equipment: Artur wears two dark brown, silken, open-finger gloves. These allows him to gain better control of his close-range explosions, as well as prevent him from accidentally blowing up things he does not want to, and more specifically, himself. The red, silk scarf that he wears allows him to filter air from the smoke of all explosions so he can breathe properly in the midst of it.

"Heroes, please save the world!"

"You have no right to tell me what to do."

Thus, Artur is a Backturner.

Current Location: Flarvale, 80 miles east from Bastion.

Flarvale is a fairly sized town. Most of the townfolk are farmers, who own the vast farmlands that surrounds most of Flarvale. There are also a few hills and mountains not far from the farmlands, where the miners do their work. It is not far from an eastern shore, but it takes at least an hour to get there, so there are very few fishermen in here. It is a rather peaceful town where most veterans go to retire and have a quiet life. 

The people here treat each other fairly, and have a council of town elders to keep things in check, and in order.

Artur is here to test out his newfound ability on the vast landscapes. Also, he somewhat terrorizes, err, reigns over the town for free supplies. Yeah, the council and the townfolk pretty much respect him out of fear.

View attachment 207425

☠ Artur's ability is focused on one theme - explosion. Like his goals, an explosion shows destruction in a 'glorified' manner, and it most certainly is superior to most forms of destructive forces, such as fires, earthquakes, crashes, etc. Not only that, it also grants him to be remembered, usually as a threat due to the destructive capability he possess, nevertheless being remembered is not being forgotten. Explosions also makes things extremely chaotic.

☠ Now, his ability, Ruinous Grandeur, is to make any tangible matter explode. However, to do so, he must obtain physical contact with the object. He may also set a timer which delays the explosive action. He cannot be harmed by this type of explosions. So far, he can only have one active explosive. Also, all of his explosives and explosions cannot occur without air, and friction. The lesser air there is, the weaker his explosions get.

☠ He is also able to create explosions out of nothing, but it is limited to a range of 20 meter radius. The size and power of these explosions are inversely proportional, and is based on how far he is from the target area. If he is farther, it becomes bigger, but weaker, and vice-versa. Not only that, but this kind of explosion comes with a warning - a crimson-colored magical seal in the sign of a broken skull that appears a second before the explosion, along with an ominous bass sound that grows in volume, from whispering to near defeaning. If caught in the explosion radius, Artur will be harmed by his own ability.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's good but i still have problems with his power:

• Still too strong aka the weakness is not enough to limit him. Especially the part where he cannot be damaged by his own explosions.
  • There should be a limit to how many objects he can explode and how many timed bombs he can set up.
  • The part where he can create explosions out of nothing is too OP.

Time to justify things 'cause I'm a shitty guy like that. </3

Still too strong aka the weakness is not enough to limit him. Especially the part where he cannot be damaged by his own explosions.

The explosions that won't harm him are the first type of explosions - the ones that require physical contact.

There should be a limit to how many objects he can explode and how many timed bombs he can set up.

You may have overlooked that he can only have one active explosive at a time. This includes timed and instant bombs.

The part where he can create explosions out of nothing is too OP.

The second portion of his ability is rather riskier than most. He can create small potent explosions at closer range, and the farther it is, the weaker it becomes - he'll be doing nothing but making light smoke appear at the farthest. Basically, farther = +aoe and -damage, while closer = -aoe and +damage. Not to mention that this type of explosion can harm him.

So while he may be able to dish out humongous amounts of damage, he'll have to risk getting caught in the explosion and getting damaged as well.

And how are he going to create an explosion from nothing? How does he target a certain location for it? Will there be some sort of a warning sigh before the explosion happen?

And how are he going to create an explosion from nothing? How does he target a certain location for it? Will there be some sort of a warning sigh before the explosion happen?

Hmm. Thank you for pointing those out, I still haven't thought of those.

As we all know (maybe, I'm not sure), an explosion requires friction. And air. I'm not really sure, I'm no science god. Anyways, he'll force an explosion by willing(?) those things to make an explosion. Eh, bad wording, brain=dead right now, sorry.

He'll point, gesture, stare, glare at a certain location? I'm not entirely sure anymore. Give suggestions please.

There'll be a warning sign, in the form of a faint crimson glow a few milliseconds(?) before the explosion occurs.

Lol chill let's take our time.

Maybe a magic seal? Everyone loves magic seal.

Lol chill let's take our time.

Maybe a magic seal? Everyone loves magic seal.

Magic what?

MAGIC  
11282650_1645937812302046_984110945_n.jpg
 ?

Jokes aside, I think that'll suffice. A second before the explosion occurs a magic seal appears, perhaps? 

5-10 second? We got to give them some time to react if they are fast enough to do that.

5-10 second? We got to give them some time to react if they are fast enough to do that.

I'm going to try to convince you the instant explosion.

Because there is already a warning sign, a long delay will render the ability useless. The instant explosion is to make up for the lack of power, since it scales directly to the distance from Artur. Once more, if he is close, it is smaller and more potent, but if he is far, it will be bigger but extremely weaker.

Let's make an example of both.

1. Artur makes an explosion appear a few inches from him, where his opponent stands. A magic seal appears as a warning, then the explosion occurs. Whether Artur and his opponent get to leave the explosion radius is up to their speed and skill.

2. Artur makes an explosion appear a few inches from him, where his opponent stands. A magic seal appears as a warning, then the explosion occurs 5-10 seconds after. Artur and his opponent get to leave before the explosion even begins, without relying to any of their personal capabilities. 

See what I mean? It becomes useless. Even more so when at further distances since he will have to do some sort of action to mark a location for the explosion, and that is most certainly observable.

Eh, true. But there should still be something to mark the explosion spot or i think it's a little bit unfair especially if by chance your character clashed with other heroes

Eh, true. But there should still be something to mark the explosion spot or i think it's a little bit unfair especially if by chance your character clashed with other heroes

Magic seal with an ominous sound that grows in volume. From near whisper to deafening.

I think that'd suffice?

Just now, Reinhardt said:

Magic seal with an ominous sound that grows in volume. From near whisper to deafening.

I think that'd suffice?

Add blinding bright light and we are good?

Maybe if there isn't enough air (as in, deep underground or somewhere in basement) he cannot use the explosion too?

Just now, Reinhardt said:

He doesn't manipulate light, though. So, it'll be a burst of somewhat strong wind with smoke. That's the weakest it gets, I guess?

Sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back