Other Artist Pet Peeves

Being able to do exactly one good piece in a day.

Once it's been drawn, everything else that comes out of my pen is utter crap. :<

turn that crap into memes

8Op5Hsp.jpg

• When you do the other eye
• The lineart phase. God... Kill me now
• When you try your best to draw realistically but your weeb self just... Takes over your hands and voila
• Stiff full body pose that's off too most of the times and you can't make it right even after thousands of erasing and redrawing x'D

Line art is the funnest part wdym. At least for me idk doing colors and detail work is hard af for me. Also if you feel like you run into the problem of stiff poses a lot. I really recommend trying out quickpose and doing some quick exercises on there to try and get your head in the right space.

My biggest pet peeve is whenever I'm trying to get some work done I always feel like I can't do it, my brain says "Hey, just stop it, dude.."
I get really upset whenever it happens, all I wanna do is finish one of the 20 projects I'm working on, just leave me alone.

Another is when I would like peace and quiet but I always have that one person be like, can you draw me, please
"Look I cant just draw people whenever they ask alright."
"But you look like you have a lot of free time."
"No in fact I don't, like you, I have a family I need to looks after."

I mean come on, we are people just like you give us space and some time to relax, it is very rude to us when you ask for free art, half the time you don't even know what we have to do

Oje of my pet peeves is When people expect
You to do free work all the time without paying you.

While I'm not a professional artist (not my job/don't get paid for it), I've been drawing for years. Longer than I've been RPing, for sure. But my art is pretty much 99.999% traditional. By that I mean, pencil and pen (with occasional paint). But I feel like no one appreciates that anymore, and digital art is the new meta that overshadows anything done by hand nowadays.

Hands.

That is all.

Just hands.

Particularly that blasted thumb. I can never get the shape right.

While I'm not a professional artist (not my job/don't get paid for it), I've been drawing for years. Longer than I've been RPing, for sure. But my art is pretty much 99.999% traditional. By that I mean, pencil and pen (with occasional paint). But I feel like no one appreciates that anymore, and digital art is the new meta that overshadows anything done by hand nowadays.
I feel this! I'm in an art group that says all art is welcomed but I noticed the digital art gets more people reacting to it compared to some of the most lovely traditional paintings I've ever seen. Like all art is worthy of praise but please at least try to give that same support to digital and traditional artists.

Oversexualizing the female body. When I can't draw hands and feet. Or there's just something off... ugh, also poses that look natural are hard. This is why I write instead.

When the ink dries slowly and you accidentally smudge it, forever ruining the piece

i just have a couple of things but there not too far off from the things i have read in the thread so far.

1) hands.
2) trying a new method of drawing or changing up your style, liking it, only for it to look not great the next day.
3) this one is a big one for me and i've been seeing it a lot. it's when someone posts their art saying they are proud of it, only for the comments to say stuff like "the eyes..." "oh..." "erm.." and other things. like the art community is supposed to be nice but a lot of artists/non-artists like to poke fun at others' arts. like if, for instance, the eyes are too spaced apart, there will be so many people bringing it up and not appreciating the art and other things in it, like the colors, shading, etc.
4) kinda goes with 3, but people giving critique when the artist specifically asks not to.
5) the famous, "can you draw me?" idk why i just don't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back