• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Art of the Blade (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

JSPD2000

s9bBKuK.jpg

Several long-wooden desks with chairs were arranged in extremely neat rows, situated around the classroom, and the stone walls of the class were lit with a vibrant warm light, as the morning light poured in from the windows. “Your blade. Without it, you’re useless. Without it, you may as well die. If you ever find yourself without your weapon in the face of a monster, you may as well say a prayer.” A voice began. An elderly man by the name of Master Blanco eyed the students in the room. He was a somewhat taller man, with slick grey hair and clean shaven face. His demeanour alone was enough to put Hainer on edge, who immediately noticed that Master Blanco was a man that had a lot of wisdom in that head. “It may sound harsh, but this is a harsh world. If we don’t prepare you for the bitter reality out there, then I am afraid we didn’t do our job.” Blanco paused.

“Your weapon is the one thing protecting you and giving you the chance to kill these monsters. Without the Vulkanite in the weapon, your Weaving has no power to channel and manifest itself. This is why we teach with blades.” The instructor paused. “Although exceptions do exist…” Master Blanco paused again before continuing. “…throughout history, it has been shown that Weaving is performed best through the usage of blades, and the easiest way to kill monsters. How you may ask? There are currently 3 known ways of killing monsters.” Master Blanco said. Hainer looked around to see several people taking out quills with ink, writing down notes on the lesson, and Hainer followed suit. “Firstly, is to cut off the head. Second, is to cut out or stab the heart. And thirdly, is to kill the brain.” He stopped briefly to allow the students to finish writing their points.

“Monsters won’t die from bleeding, and many of them are known to regenerate limbs. With that said, you can definitely attack other body parts to buy you time, or to disable them until you manage to get to their vital areas.” Master Blanco looked around at the different students, seemingly judging them. “You’ll find out how to fight them in due time. But for now, remember those three methods of killing them.” He gave a moment of silence as the students continued to write, until he spoke again. “With that said, we will cut our first class short today. I’m sure many of you have journeyed far to get to this school, and would like the day to relax and prepare for the semester. My suggestion? Get to know your new classmates. You all are going to be spending a lot of time together, and I highly suggest you get acquainted. Otherwise, welcome to Lara Maxa. You are dismissed, and I will see you again tomorrow.” Master Blanco ended, as he gave a nod to the class continuing to observe them, before collecting some papers on his desk as he prepared to leave the classroom. Hainer finished writing down the final portion of his notes, as he began to collect his papers as well, attempting to shove them into his satchel.

“Okay…done.” Hainer said, muttering to himself. He would have been lying to himself if he said he wasn’t nervous, however, Hainer was more than just nervous. This new path was dangerous, he knew that. And sadly, he also knew there was a chance he could die if he wasn’t careful. Hainer snapped out of his train of thought, looking around to see if he could introduce himself to anyone In the class, before they packed up their stuff headed for the next class.

Yahno thought of himself as a oddity in the classroom. Wearing a uniform was strange, new clothes appreciated but it's not something to wear while hunting. There was a few people sitting at desks listening to Blanco, a master if one believes his title. That said Blanco exudes experience and spoke the honest truth with no hesitation in his words. Glancing at others Yahno wondered how many have faced a monster...
Vulkanite, that's what Wabo calls his dagger... did he get that specially made or find a weavers blade in that shape?

Yahno hadn't written anything down but he listened intently. To be honest reading and writing wasn't taught in Yahno's village. It was farming hunting and foraging. The only reason Weaving and Lara Maxa was known to the bumfucknowhere village named Serti was because of the elder Hobart Shrouda and his son Waboe. Both capable hunters in their prime.

Yahno could write his name and understood numbers thanks to Hobart but learning for yahno was best done in a hands on way. For now though he would take Master Blanco's words to heart. He already knew how monsters died, but he knew no one in the room and they would most likely be together when hunting.

Turning to the guy next to him Yahno says "heyo, names Yahno. Im from out nowhere Serti where we farm tato, hunt birds an fight Dethlins."
Offering his hand to shake Yahno has a casual smile and a tired look to his eyes. His hand offered to Hainer, not that Yahno knew his name. JSPD2000 JSPD2000

(Dethlins in this case is meant to be a low-mid tier monster. Small and insignificant by itself but in numbers a massive problem. Goblins but able to regenerate from any injury aside from brain damage or decapitation)

Last edited:
Sounds of slight chatter filled the air was some people began to interact with each other, as Master Blanco has suggested. Hainer wanted to join in and get to know his classmates as well, so he glanced around to see if there was anyone he could talk to. However. Before long, it had seemed half his battle was finished as a voice chimed in, relatively close by in proximity to Hainer.

“Heyo, name’s Yahno. I’m from out nowhere Serti where we farm tato, hunt birds and fight Dethlins." A younger man approached Hainer. Hainer looked up from his seat, to see his classmate - presumably named Yahno, as he had just introduced himself, offering a handshake. He was younger than Hainer and his black hair was also much longer. Hainer hesitantly looked at Yahno’s hand, until taking up his offer and giving him a handshake.

“Hey.” Hainer began. “Nice to meet you Yahno, I’m Hainer.” He replied, being rather cordial. Hainer stood up from his seat to better talk to Yahno. “I can’t say I have heard of Serti. Is it far away?” Hainer said, trying to get acquainted with Yahno. Being an academy for the weapon arts, Hainer knew people from all over would be attending Lara Maxa, however, if it was one thing he was lacking, it was his geography. “I’m from a small town in the middle of nowhere as well. I ended up coming to this school after I realized I wanted to accomplish more than just working a dead-end labour job.” Hainer had a decent labour job back home, however there was always this inkling within him, that he had to be destined for something greater than just dying in some labour job.

“Anyways, here’s hoping we can be friends, and let’s hope our other classmates are also friendly.” Hainer said, wishfully.

Lucoco

For all of her life, entering a school was something that never crosses Lucoco's mind. If not for Father's order she probably wouldn't be here and would rather collect more money. Now that she's here though, she really should try enjoying it a little. Closing her book, the girl looked at her surrounding, she was still not used at the fact they're all using the same kind of clothes right now. She wasn't a fan honestly, she prefers black but its not like she had a choice. As she packed her belonging into her bag, she overhead the two males sitting in font of her introducing themself.

"Hey, we're all the same then. I too, come from somewhere in the middle of nowhere." She casually chimed in with her cheerful tone. That was actually a lie though but she just wants something to insert herself.

"Ah, name's Lucoco, you can just call me Coco. I'm a treasure hunter." She introduced herself. "Seems like this academy have a really colorful pick of students, eh."

JSPD2000 JSPD2000 NeonFlow NeonFlow

The situation felt surreal, and Taerynna started to doubt that it was her own life she was observing. Her new uniform was foreign, the sunlight dancing on the deep red material as if it was to set it on fire. This wasn't the greatest shock, however. That title rightfully belonged to the elderly Master Blanco calmly explaining how to kill a monster.
The way in which he lectured, how he looked at his students to see if they had finished their notes, was familiar. The scholar who used to teach her about ancient poets used the same tone, and the juxtaposition between hexameters and cutting out the heart of a monster left her baffled.

Luckily, her previous experience provided her with the automatic reaction to a lecture, and she neatly jotted down a few keywords into a bound journal. She had to gently brush aside a centipede who seemed quite fond of her that day, and who wished to camp right on her notes.

When the class was dismissed early, she stood to look around. People moved to seek out new acquaintances or friends, and Taerynna felt she may be living her old life once more, engaging in small talk instead of getting down to business right away. Nevertheless, she dusted off her perfectly clean uniform, and approached a talkative-looking trio of fellow students.

"Gentlemen. Miss", she nodded to them as a greeting - in a rather distant but polite manner.

"Colourful, I suppose, is one way of putting it. Definitely a breath of fresh air, if you come from a company like my previous acquaintances", she comments on the young woman's remark before noticing that she jumped in uninvited. "Oh, forgive me for butting in. I do have a tendency to be indiscrete... but I suppose monster hunting doesn't require too much decorum anyway."

JSPD2000 JSPD2000 NeonFlow NeonFlow Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Hainer ( NeonFlow NeonFlow , Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Sor-ca Sor-ca )

"Hey, we're all the same then. I too, come from somewhere in the middle of nowhere." She casually chimed in with her cheerful tone. That was actually a lie though but she just wants something to insert herself.

"Ah, name's Lucoco, you can just call me Coco. I'm a treasure hunter." She introduced herself. "Seems like this academy have a really colorful pick of students, eh." The woman said. Hainer nodded, until another woman happened to stumble into the conversation.

"Gentlemen. Miss", She said. "Colourful, I suppose, is one way of putting it. Definitely a breath of fresh air, if you come from a company like my previous acquaintances" The woman said,, adding onto the statement that Coco had made. "Oh, forgive me for butting in. I do have a tendency to be indiscrete... but I suppose monster hunting doesn't require too much decorum anyway." She said.

"I guess this school really does have people from all paths from life. Maybe that is a good thing? Sort of like a rainbow." Hainer said, laughing a bit, making a corny joke in attempt to make the others also laugh. "My name is Hainer." He said, introducing himself, before getting up from his seat. "Anyways, we have Mana Studies next? Shall we go together?" He said, holding onto his satchel as he gestured to begin walking to the next classroom, wherever that may have been.

~​

Hainer ( NeonFlow NeonFlow , Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Sor-ca Sor-ca )

"Come in, Come in!" A voice spoke loudly. "Don't be shy, the faster you come in, the quicker we can get done!" Hainer approached the classroom down the corridor, as a woman shouted at the students as they walked into her class. She was around late 40's, with frayed blonde hair, rosy cheeks, standing somewhat short. Hainer wasn't sure of her name, but he figured she would introduce herself soon enough. "Here son, take this." The woman said, handing Hainer a piece of parchment paper, it seemed.

"What do I do with this?" Hainer asked, holding up the paper.

"Just wait and see, we will get to it. Meanwhile, take a seat!" She replied, shooing him inside the classroom. Hainer shrugged whilst looking at his new friends, walking inside the classroom, finding an empty desk, similar in layout to the previous classroom. There was also a long desk at the front of the class, with numerous swords and belts on it. Before long, as students poured in, Hainer noticed everyone had a piece of parchment paper in their hand.

"There we go." The woman said, looking at the class. "Always nice to see fresh students in this school." She began. "Anyway, before we get started: My name is Lonny. I am a Professor at this school, however, I do prefer you to simply call me Lonny. My background is in Mana Studies, and as such, that is exactly what this class is called!" She said, speaking somewhat loudly. "Mana is wondrous subject. Surprisingly, its a topic that we don't know about as much as we would like to, however, I will try my best to cover what's relevant to you all. Theories and notions about mana are ever-changing, and it's our job to make sure we grasp concepts to the best of our abilities." Lonny spoke, with clear interest about her topic. Hainer could easily tell she was passionate about her job.

"Anyways, let's start with the papers that you hold." She paused, holding up her own paper. "You see, this is a special parchment. Mana is different for everyone. It has different properties depending on the individual, and one of these properties Is the element that your mana possesses." She paused briefly. "There are many elements, however, there are 7 main elements: Fire, Water, Lightning, Wind, Nature, Light and Darkness. The parchment in your hand, will determine what element you are. Now, most of you have extremely limited mana control. However, because you possess the ability to utilize your mana, this little exercise shouldn't be too hard." She said. She then held out the parchment in front of her eyes, as if she was focusing on it. "Hold out your parchment, and concentrate. That's all you need to do. Concentrate on the paper, and think about nothing but the paper." Suddenly, the parchment in Lonny's hand crumpled, creasing almost like an invisible hand did it. Hainer was slightly shocked at what he saw, and there were murmurs throughout the class as well.

"You see, my paper crumpled. That means my mana is Nature based. If your paper burns, then your mana will be fire based. If it rips, it will be wind based. If it begins to dampen slightly, it will be water based. If it disintegrates halfway, your mana will be lightning based, and if it disintegrates all the way, then it will be Dark based. And finally, if nothing happens after a few seconds, it either means you did it wrong, or your mana is light based. I am leaning towards the latter." Lonny said, jokingly. "Now everyone try! Once that is complete, I am required to give your Academy-issued sword. Treat it with care, and wear it. This will be your weapon against evil, and will be needed for much of the physical training portion of your classes." She said, as people began to hold up their parchments.

Hainer stared at his paper, holding it out in front of him. He focused, just as Lonny had said, and waited a few seconds. At first nothing happened. "Am I...Light?" He mumbled to himself. He held out the parchment again, and after a few seconds, he felt it wet. "Ahh! It's water!" He spoke somewhat loudly, out of excitement, looking at his peers. "What did you guys get?" He asked.

Lucoco

"Well, I'm not even gonna bother then." Lucoco shrugged as she replied to Hainer and pocketed the paper instead. "My mana is light, you see. I once flashed my uncle's eyes with light beam coming out of my forehead."

"I honestly kinda want fire, or dark. Beggars can't be chooser though."

Without the paper to occupy herself, Lucoco's eyes wander around watching the other students flowing their mana into the paper. She was sure most students here had one or two moments where they accidentally weaved a spell but she wonders how many people out actually have the capability to weave mana and was simply never realize that they actually had the talent for it? Wow, the academy's atmosphere really made her thinks a lot huh.

JSPD2000 JSPD2000 NeonFlow NeonFlow Sor-ca Sor-ca

Users who are viewing this thread

Back