Other Art app suggestions for a beginner?

KawaiiRose

Rosemi <3 (slow replies atm)
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Yo! Lately I've been wanting to try and draw digitally versus how I usually draw on paper, but I don't exactly know what program to get. The past few times I've tried digital art, I've failed pretty badly due to the fact that it doesn't have the same flow as drawing with pencil, where you don't have to adjust the stroke size and type of tool you're using every 2 seconds. I also want to keep it all on my small tablet, so it'd probably have to be a small app/program. Does anyone know any easy to use ones so I can try to do this?

Which tablet are you using?
For iPad, the best drawing app is ProCreate, from what I heard.

For Android tablets there are a few that I tried and ended up using Ibis Paint X and Infinite Painter. There is also MediBang Paint whish my friend uses and likes it a lot.

Which tablet are you using?
For iPad, the best drawing app is ProCreate, from what I heard.

For Android tablets there are a few that I tried and ended up using Ibis Paint X and Infinite Painter. There is also MediBang Paint whish my friend uses and likes it a lot.
It's an Android tablet! And I don't think I've tried Infinite Painter or MediBang Paint yet so I'll probably give those two a go then! Thanks for the suggestion :D

For Android, I also tried ArtRage which simulates real life painting with oils, watercolors etc. It's quite simple to use.

And for some unusual experience, there is ZenBrush. It only lets you draw with one color (black) and simulates ink brush painting.

:O I'll definitely have to try ZenBrush! Painting with an ink brush is really fun for me, so an app that lets me do it digitally must be awesome

If you’re still looking, you can try ibis Paint X. The UI reminds me of PaintTool SAI. It has plenty of brushes and tutorials on Youtube too.

If you are using a phone, I'd say ibisPaint X
It's free but does have ads and you can pay for the whole thing, like different brushes and stuff (It will also offer you to watch an ad to unlock them for several hours) and it's a pretty good app. Like I said, it's free and you don't have to sign up for anything unless your going to post on the app so I'd say it's good for just test out and seeing how you feel about it ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back