• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Arendelle: Return of the Sky King

David returned the hug as he came to himself, thankful to be alive. He was oblivious to what had just transpired. "Wha...what happened?" he asked. The last thing he remembered was saying something to the Gronweldian soldier. Before Elsa or Anna could respond, they heard weeping coming from the cell behind them. The Gronweldian general, the man who had been tasked as a new recruit to kill David and ended up killing his mother, the man who had been hardened by war and murder...was weeping.

He looked up at David and Elsa, seeing David turn around after their embrace. "I...I don't sniff know...know how forgiveness can be given." He stood up and walked slowly toward the quartet, stopping just short of the bars. He looked at David with awe in his eyes. "You lost everything, and yet you forgive me. How?" His voice was not one of compassion, but of confusion. Something had broken the stone around his own heart, and he didn't know what it was.

David sat down cross-legged and motioned for the general to do the same. He looked back up at Elsa, Anna and Kristoff with a smile, the same smile a father would have right before he tells his son how life works in the forest. "You all are welcome to stay, but you might want to sit. This is going to take a while." He looked back at the general before starting. The other two prisoners also scooted forward, leaning into the bars as their curiosity could not be quelled.

David bowed his head and silently prayed for a few seconds, then looked directly at the man who murdered his mother and drove his father and sister into hiding. He took out a book from one of his pockets and opened it, took a breath and began. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God..." He continued reading on into the night, only stopping for bathroom breaks and to eat the food brought by servants, thanks to Anna. By the time he was finished, it was well into the night. ..."And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen." When he closed the book, the General was a sloppy mess, snot and tears adorning his face.

"So...this man...this...God, gave up his...everything...to come down and save the world?"

"Yes." David nodded once. "And he did it all for you and you alone. His mind and power is so vast, that when he conquered Hell and Sin, He did it for every person that ever did or ever will exist. One. By. One."

The general thanked David for sharing, and moved back to sleep on his cot in the cell, falling asleep quickly. David got up, stretching his limbs out as he stood. He extended a hand to Elsa to help her up as well.

When the two pulled away, Elsa heard the sound of sniffles. Turning, she saw that the prisoner nearest them, to whom David had been speaking, was now sobbing. He asked how David had been able to forgive him for what he had done, and David sat on the floor.

He told the two Queens and Kristoff that they were welcome to stay, but that it might take a while. Elsa went to sit on the floor, but one of the guards stopped her, bringing two small chairs for their Queens to sit in. Elsa smiled at his kindness and sat.

Kristoff went back and forth between the jail and Sven and Olaf, who waited outside. He kept them up to date on what was going on, since it seemed unwise to try to drag a reindeer into the dungeons and Olaf wouldn't leave his animal friend's side.

After David finished reading, the prisoners went to sleep. David offered his hand to Elsa and she smiled, letting him help her back up.

Giving a small nod toward the door, she motioned that the group should leave for now.

"When I made it downstairs," the blonde started. "You... you were solid stone. I didn't hear what you said to the soldiers. I just saw you change. I didn't think we had made it in time. I was so worried."

David started for the door as Elsa nodded, holding it open with a little air pressure for everyone to come through. After they left the room, Elsa had told him what happened. He looked down in thought as he pondered what these things meant, and something came back to him. He looked up at Elsa and smiled.

"In the Holy text of my Faith, in the same book I was reading from, there's a scripture that says to love your enemies, and also if anyone has done you wrong, to forgive them, that you.may be forgiven." He shook his head. "I should have seen it. My heart was hard because I hadn't ever consciously forgiven the men that took my mother from me. But now," he smiled gently, "now I'm free."

His attitude had changed quickly, from the self-pitying man from before to a strong, confident man who could finally breathe. As he and Elsa talked, Anna tried shooing Kristoff, Sven and Olaf away. As she did, Olaf said in his usual obliviousness, "No wait! I wanna see love blossom and romance be-mphphphph." Kristoff covered his mouth, but it was too late.

David shook his head. "Noooo nononono. I'm not falling for that. Not today. Nice try." He looked deadpan at Anna, who blushed fiercely and yanked Kristoff away. Said consort grinned sheepishly at the two spirits as he disappeared down the hall. Sven flipped Olaf onto his back and followed the Royal couple, shaking his head and snorting in annoyance as he did so. David shook his head again and looked at Elsa, then both of them burst out laughing.

David explained more about the book he had brought along, and what he had learned for it. His life was saved because he had forgiven the man who took his mother's life.

Anna began trying to herd the others away, Elsa barely noticing until Olaf spoke up. Something about blossoming and --

Oh!

Elsa's face turned a little pink, realizing what he meant around the same time David did. When the others finallt left, they burst out laughing. Elsa smiled.

"Sorry about that." She spoke up. "Olaf doesn't have much of a filter between his mind and his mouth."

David shook his head as he recovered from their shared laughter. "It's quite alright, Elsa." He stretched his limbs out, popping a couple joints as he did so. "Well, I'm tired. I guess I'll head to the inn and rest a little before I leave." He looked at the Ice Queen with a smile. "Elsa, you did so much for me, and you barely know me. Thank you."

He took her hand and kissed it in Royal fashion, then looked around. "Uh, how do I get to the inn?"

Elsa laughed as he released her hand. "I'll show you." She replied. He was more than welcome to stay in Anna's castle of course, but it seemed he was wanting to stay at the inn nearby.

She led him outside into the brisk night air. There was a cool breeze, but of course the ice elemental wasn't bothered by it. The streets were mostly deserted by now, so they had a nice quiet walk to themselves.

"I don't know if I ever thanked you properly." Elsa said as they strolled down the cobblestone road. "Thank you. Without you showing up... I hate to think what may have happened to Arendelle yesterday."

Before David could respond, a Castle Messenger ran up to the duo. "Queen Anna requests that the guest of honor stay at the castle free of charge. Also, here." He handed her a rolled parchment that was slightly yellow with age. Once done, the messenger stood still to wait for any orders from the Queen's sister. David raised an eyebrow at the exchange, but didn't say anything about it.

The letter would be sealed by Elsa and Anna's father's ring, and had the words, "To Elsa - Open when your heart is empty," written above the seal in their mother's handwriting.

David shrugged. "I won't say no to free food."

Elsa was surprised when the Messenger ran up, but not surprised by what he told them. Of course Anna would want him to stay at the castle, and Elsa felt bad for not suggesting it herself. Just, after chasing him all over, she didn't want to try to make him do something else he might not want to.

He, however, seemed delighted at the prospect of free food.

Elsa took the scroll. "For when your heart is empty." She read aloud. "I wonder what that means?"

Aa they walked back, the servant walked with them, having been told to wait with Elsa for any additional orders. David pondered what it might mean, but ultimately decided not to hazard a guess. He shrugged. "I'm not sure. Maybe you'll know when the time is right."

As they walked and talked with the occasional laugh, David spoke about the elves that raised him as their own. He had a sparkle in his eyes that wasn't there before. As though Life itself had been breathed into him.

He had just been recounting a tale of how he and one of his childhood friends were running from the fat village baker, Helton, after stealing some sweets meant for their festival. " ...and then," he guffawed, " Helton fell flat on his face! Oh that was to die for. I've never seen a brown-skinned Wood Elf so red!" He wiped a tear from his eye as he laughed.

Elsa quietly dismissed the messenger, noticing he was staying around waiting for an order. She shrugged and started back to the castle with David, deciding to wait until later to decide what to do from her mother and father's message

As they walked back, David told her stories. She laughed until she cried, wiping away a stray tear. "I don't think I've ever seen a wood elf. All these things I never knew existed. There's still so much we don't know." She said.

They reached Anna's castle and headed in, Elsa leading David to an extra room meant for him to stay in. "Well, it sure was an... interesting, day." She said, having to pause to think of the word. "I hope tomorrow can be a little more relaxing for us all."

David nodded, letting out an amused sigh, then becoming calm, a soft smile on his face. "Yes, the Continent of Fredalia is very vast and has a myriad of races." He looked at Elsa. "It even has stone trolls, water trolls and grass trolls." He knew this would spark her curiosity and maybe even get her to talk to Pabbie about it. "Oh! Please tell the Stone Troll Elder thank you for me."

As they got to the door of the room, David turned to face Elsa. She was beautiful, there was no doubt about it. Her ivory skin, the platinum hair, her smell-NO! Bad David! Bad! He shook his head very slightly and focused on what she was saying. Thankfully, she had closed her eyes at the moment he shook his head. Hopefully she hadn't noticed.

"Yes," he said as he nodded. "I believe it shall." He looked down and back up at Elsa, trying to form the words he was thinking. "Elsa...you..." he sighed, "what you did..." he didn't realize it, but they had gotten closer to each other. "You saved my life." He shook his head with his eyes closed then reopened them. "I can't imagine what would have happened if...well...thank you." He had a genuine, thankful smile on his face as he spoke.

Last edited:
The trolls intrigued Elsa. She only knew of the ones that Kristoff had grown up with; it was fascinating that there were others out there. She would have to ask later. Then there were elves, and who knew what else. She felt like her eyes had been opened to an entire new world that she never knew existed.

Elsa closed her eyes, sighing. When the time was right, she would know what to do with the letter. She had always known what to do when it came time, and she was sure this would be no different. When she opened her eyes again, David was staring at her.

He stammered a bit, thanking her for saving his life. She smiled slightly. "In the end, I think you saved yourself David. By forgiving that man, you restored your heart. I only gave you a push in the right direction." Elsa's smile broadened. "I'm just glad you're still here. It was hard watching the same thing happen twice. First Anna, then you. I was worried. Both times, I just felt my heart sink. I thought we lost you back there."

David smiled softly at Elsa's explanation of how he was able to let go of the bitterness that he didn't even know he had by forgiving, and in doing that had restored his heart. "I still couldn't have done it without you, Elsa. Thank you again."

When she mentioned how she felt when he turned to stone, his brow furrowed slightly, but before he could ask why, he felt something. Something watching them from the shadows. He looked up and to the right. "I know you're there Anna."

A surprised squeak-yell was heard followed by feet running away frantically, and clanging metal as one of the decorative suits of armor was knocked down, then an "ow" from Kristoff followed by "Come on!" whisper shouted by his wife, and more running. David shook his head, chuckling. "It seems she's bent on getting us together isn't it?" He sighed amusedly before turning to the door. "Thank you again, Elsa. I wish I didn't have to leave. But my land needs a protector too. Good night." With that, he went inside and prepared for bed.

Elsa shook her head at her sister's antics, covering her face with her hand. "Yes, it would seem that has become one of her main goals in life." The queen agreed. Anna would push and push until she and David finally got together.

David said his good nights, and Elsa smiled as he closed the door. Turning on her heel, she marched straight to where she knew she would find her little sister.

"Anna, a word?" She asked, raising one platinum blonde eyebrow. Not giving her another option, the elemental tugged the younger girl along behind her. When they were alone and out of earshot, Elsa sighed.

"Anna, what are you doing?" She asked. "David says you're trying to get the two of us together. And what's this letter all about?" She pulled out the scroll from their parents, questioning her sister about it since she had been the one to send the messenger. "Do you know anything about it?"

Anna looked sheepish in front of her big sister. "Well, you see, I had heard momma and poppa talking when...when we were teenagers...when you were isolated." She dug a toe into the stone floor. "They caught me listening, and gave me that letter. They said I'd know when to give it to you. They..." She wiped a tear away at the memory of their parents. "They said they didn't want you to be alone. That...that you need someone besides me to...take care of you."

She moved her hands frantically as she trued saving herself. "Not that you need help, but...aghgh! I thought he was the one!" She looked up and dropped her arms, then wiped her face with her left sleeve to dry the new tears that were falling, now for a different reason. She spoke through the tears, looking directly at her sister. "You help and love everyone else, Elsa. Why can't you let someone do that for you?"
---------------
The next morning, David would find a note slipped under his door. Her majesty Anna, Queen of Arendelle, humbly requests that you enjoy the luxuries our city has to offer for one week, free of charge.

He smirked and chuckled, followed by a raised eyebrow, then a shrug. One week couldn't hurt. He then resolved to do something, and disappeared in a flash of lightning. He would reappear back in his room an hour later in the same manner, carrying a new letter in his hand from his homeland.

Last edited:
Anna frantically explained herself. She told Elsa all about the letter, and the overheard conversation, and how she thought David might be the one. Elsa gave her "the look" when her little sister mentioned needing someone to take care of Elsa, but then the redhead backtracked and corrected herself. Elsa didn't feel like she needed "taking care of," but she could see where Anna was coming from.

A lot of what the younger Queen said was true. Elsa did spend a lot of her time worrying for others. She took care of Anna and Arendelle as best she could, while also trying to embrace her newfound powers and protect the forest she now called home. She didn't spend too much time worrying about her own well-being, because she wanted to take care of everyone and everything else first and foremost.

Elsa sighed. "I know what you mean Anna. I know you mean well, too, but love... love is something that has to develop on its own, you know? Did you fall in love with Kristoff the first time you saw him?" She waited, giving her sister time to respond.

"Love can't be rushed. It has to come about on its own. If David is truly the one for me, I will find out on my own, in my own time. I can't decide something so huge just in a matter of days." She brushed away some of Anna's tears, holding her cheek. "I know you're trying to help, and I appreciate that. But this is something that will happen when it's the right time." She smiled and hugged Anna, grateful to have a sibling who cared about her so much.

Anna nodded, lowering her head as she thought back to her and Kristoff 8 years ago. "No," she said barely above a whisper. "It...it took a couple days and a lot of hardship," she smiled, "and Olaf telling me about his dedication to me." She giggled. "Sometimes he's too wise for his own good."

She allowed her big sister to wipe her tears away, and nodded at what she said. "Th-thank you Elsa." She accepted the hug and returned it just as much, enjoying the warmth of the fifth spirit until they broke the embrace. "I tell you what." She looked determined. "I know you two are meant to be together. So," she held up a hand to stop her sister before continuing, "I will invite him to stay for a week. Kristoff and I - as well as Olaf and Sven - will not interfere between you two. He will be our guest. Nothing more. If you have no feelings for him by the end of the 7 days, then you'll know I was wrong."

Elsa sighed. Then, after a moment, she smiled at her sister.

"Agreed." She replied.

---

The next morning, Elsa woke early as usual. She dressed and left her room, expecting no one else to be up at this hour. Moving down into the dining area, she was happy to see that there was a small assortment of breakfast items to snack on, rather than having to wait for the cooks to come up with something.

Munching contentedly on a blueberry muffin, Elsa headed outside. Even in Arendelle, she liked spending time in nature. The gardens were perfect for that. If she couldn't be in the forest, this was the next best thing.

She took a seat on a bench and soaked in the morning sunlight. After finishing her small meal, Elsa simply enjoyed the silence -- minus of course the birds chirping.

David walked into the dining hall, just missing Elsa's departure from the place. He sat at the table and was asked what he'd like, and ordered a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, his favorite morning meal, along with a glass of warm milk. After he received said items he prayed over them, then dug in. A few minutes later and he was finished. He thanked the staff for their hospitality and stood, walking to the door that led outside.

He stood there for a minute, wondering what he should do today. He knew the letter from his homeland would be well-received here, but he planned on giving it to Anna and Elsa the day he left. It was a summons to the general of the Gronweldian army, to stand trial in Fredalia for the atrocities committed there. The other two would remain in Arendelle to suffer the same fate here.

He walked around the garden, looking for the path that led to the courtyard and front gate when he saw Elsa. He didn't want to bother her, as she seemed very content in her solitude. He sneaked back and tried finding the path, but when he did, he sighed in disappointment. It led right in front of the ice queen. So, he decided to be natural about disturbing her. He walked forward, and when he rounded the bend that led in front of her, he looked over and waved with a smile, then kept walking toward the courtyard.

Last edited:
Elsa heard some crunching on the leaf-strewn path and turned her head to see David approaching. He greeted her, waving and smiling, and she returned the gesture.

He seemed as if he planned to pass right on by, but Elsa spoke up first. "You seem lost," she said with a chuckle. He definitely had a look on his face that showed he wasn't where he thought he would be by coming this direction. "Is everything alright?"

Elsa stood and walked casually over to the other elemental spirit, walking alongside him. "I hope you enjoy your stay here, there are just so many things to see and do in Arendelle. Then again," she grinned sheepishly. "I may be a little biased."

David stopped as she spoke to him. He hadn't expected her to say anything, thinking she wanted to be alone. "Heh. I uh...only saw one path to the courtyard and I uh...didn't want to bother you." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

When she got up and started walking toward the courtyard, he took it as a gesture of companionship and started walking again. He laughed a little at her joke. "I'm sure you know more about this city then anyone else. Besides, what would a tour of the city be without a tour guide?" He grinned at his own joke, halfway serious about her being a tour guide, then realized that he might've spoken too soon. In reality, any one person in the city would more than likely be willing to show him around. "Not that you're a tour guide, it's just, agh. Sorry."

Elsa held up her hand, chuckling a little. "If you need a tour guide, you've certainly picked a decent one." She replied. She was more than happy to show him around town. She loved Arendelle and loved showing it off to others even more.

As the two entered the main part of the city, Elsa took time to show him everything, especially hidden gems off the beaten path. Even as queen, she would spend a lot of her time out here, visiting with the locals and enjoying food and shops that they offered.

"This is the best place in town to get a warm drink on a cold day," Elsa spoke, pointing out a small café down a cobblestone side street. "And over there, in the market, you can buy almost anything you can think of." Her smile never left her face as she showed him around, continuously looking over at him to make sure he was having just as much fun.

They ended up at a tiny restaurant around lunch time. "If you enjoy fish, or any sea foods really, this is the place to be." She said. "Would you... Would you like to eat lunch?"

As they walked and talked, David learned more and more about Arendelle, and he divulged some more of Fredalia's detail as well. About how large the continent was, taking up nearly a quarter of the planet, and the dozens of countries other than the elemental nations that made their homes within, as well as the cultural variety, especially the food and material used that varied from place to place. He named a few peoples that were similar to the kingdoms that graced Arendelle with their presence even now, the day after the 5 year celebration.

He did not go unnoticed as they walked about. So many walked up to them both and thanked them profusely for saving their lives. After going through so many, they were finally free to themselves after some soldiers ushered the citizens away so the duo could enjoy the day in peace. David nodded as Elsa pointed out each one, and when they got to the restaurant, he gladly accepted. "That sounds great." On cue, his stomach grumbled. He chuckled and patted it. "My assistant agrees." He wasn't sure why she was so nervous. It's not like it was a date or anything.

A waiter led them to a table outside where they ordered their food. Elsa was quick to recommend a meal as her favorite, and David obliged to order it alongside a small glass of whiskey mixed with lime.

Suddenly, they heard music of all kinds coming from the square nearby. They looked and the Afriloans, Celts, Orieltens, Navjidans, the pressed-uniform Ameridans and even some Arendellians and Northuldrans played a tune in sync and had two from each nation perform a skit. It depicted what had just happened yesterday, with the merchants from each country lending their carts to play the part of war beasts and ships, and an Arendellian playing David, and a Northuldran Elsa. David shook his head, trying to hide in vain from the show.

After it ended and the people clapped abd cheered, the performers dispersed to do their daily routine. David looked at Elsa smiling sheepishly. "They don't know when to quit," he said, chuckling. His cold demeanor from before had all but vanished, the warmth of his heart now full and complete.

Last edited:
The two were led to an outside table. Elsa recommended the best dish on the menu, and David obliged her by ordering it. Of course, being the former Queen, cost was no worry to Elsa, and she was happy to indulge a little bit to show off the best of everything the restaurant offered. She knew Anna would greatly repay the owner, so the owner also went out of his way to please his guests.

A play started in the square nearby, and Elsa watched in amusement as the mixed group acted out what had happened the previous day . Mostly she was amazed that they were able to put something like this together so quickly, and it was still a quality play.

Afterwards, the town cheered for the actors, who bowed and dispersed. David spoke up then, saying that they just didn't know when to quit. With a chuckle, Elsa replied, "They're grateful. We all are. I've said before, but without you showing up I don't think things would have turned out in our favor like they did."

The waiter returned with their drinks and David sipped on his while his redness remained. "I uh...so this drink is really good," he said in an obvious attempt to change the subject. "Arendelle really is an amazing city." He smiled as he spoke, letting his eyes take in the sights around them. "You have so much here, all in one place."

I'm reality, he was trying not to look at her beauty. He feared if he lingered on her face for too long, it'd be awkward. She was stunning, and very kind. She was just like him and really understood his elemental affinity like no other could. He never really thought about a mate, but maybe...he shook his head from the thought. She's probably not even interested, he thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back