• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Arranged Mafia Marriage (Private with Xeyran)

Sequoia

Thebeanster171
Mia Lyon stood silently next to her father and mother in the large foyer of a grand house. Her eyes were downcast and she was biting her lip to keep sobs and protests at bay. The reason they were standing in this house was that Mia was meeting her soon-to-be husband. The big boss Mafia leader had demanded that this marriage be set up. The two families had been fighting for so long and now Mia was being forced to marry a man she barely knew and leave her family behind. It made her hate this new family even more. She sighed and moved closer to her mother, Emilia, searching for some comfort. Her mother wrapped an arm around her, brushing her hand over Mia's soft hair.

Mia was dressed in a pretty blouse and hip-hugging jeans. Her hair was straightened and minimal make-up on. Her dainty feet were encased in kitty-pumps and kept shuffling from side to side.

She looked up when someone cleared their throat from the top of the stairs.

"No tricks. No nonsense. Behave." Trent nodded as his mother adjusted the collar of his shirt and touched up his hair, her voice the sternest he'd ever heard it. "No promises mom. You know me. Anything serious and I'll break out in rashes." He winced playfully when she hit his arm in response and gave him a final once over. "Good. At least you'll look presentable if anything else." She muttered, pushing him out the door before he could say anything else. He took a calming breath, as he headed towards the stairs, a smile on his face. It would be an interesting experience in his opinion and with his interest far removed from the family quarrels, this marriage was the perfect solution for him to pursue other interests rather than continue the feud of his parents. So long as his new bride didn't cramp his lifestyle he'd live.

Trent glanced at the rest of his family, catching sight of the frown on his father's face and the grin on that of his siblings before he turned to look down the flight of stairs, catching sight of his new bride. She looked pretty in her blouse and jeans with straightened long brown hair. He was glad she hadn't shown up in more formal wear considering how he was wearing dark jeans and a white t shirt with a half buttoned black checkered shirt over it. His father cleared his throat catching her attention and Trent found himself caught for a moment in her blue gaze as he descended down the stairs after his father. Coming to a stop in front of her, he flashed a smile as his father stiffly welcomed her into the family, frown lines still evident on his face, showing his clear displeasure as he nudged Trent sharply in the arm and shot him a glare that said to introduce himself. "Trent Falcon." He told her simply. "Pleasure to meet you."

Mia glanced at her parents before biting her lip. "Mia Lyon. Pleasure is all mine..." She said softly. Her eyes were rimmed in red as she looked at her husband. She breathed a sigh before turning and flinging herself into her parents' arms. They hugged back, whispering comforting words that no one else could hear. Mia's father pressed a kiss to the top of his daughters head before turning to Trent and his father. "I'm leaving my only girl here. I trust she will be cared for well. The wrath of the Lyon's isn't a lightly taken threat, Falcon." Then he gently pushed Mia back to Trent's side. "Bye Princessa." He whispered, before pulling his wife out the door.

Mia covered her mouth and swayed where she stood. She took a moment to gather herself, wiping her eyes. "Dove sarò stare? Where will I be staying?" She asked stiffly. "Mi piacerebbe cambiare e dormire, se questo va bene con mio marito? I'd like to change and sleep, if thats alright with my husband?"

The atmosphere of the realm felt heavy, dreary, a mix of almost everything Trent couldn't stand. It was hard not to grin at the protectiveness of his new wife's parents or the idea of him making her cry. He'd made people angry often enough but to make others shed tears was his father's second occupation not his. And Trent couldn't have been a second sooner in responding to his bride's question. Trent could almost hear his father cursing under his breath and imagine how much worse he'd make the mood if he got the chance to say what he wanted to. "That's not an issue. I'll show you to the room and have you woken up for dinner later." He moved his hand to the small of her back and guided her up the stairs, not allowing his father the opportunity to spew any toxic words. A smile slipped onto his face when he walked pass his mother, recalling the time she had spent earlier making him look 'presentable and proper' for his new wife and all for naught from the way things were going.

Mia started slightly when his hand touched her lower back and she looked up at him. She looked ahead again, hiding her sneer. She nodded. "Grazi." She whispered, moving just a bit faster so his hand was no longer touching her. "...what...what was your father mumbling back there?" She asked next, curiously looking back at him. She was holding her large carpet bag that had all her possessions. She hefted it higher and grunted under the weight.

While she was petite and dainty looking, she was a fighter. She knew how to wield two blades at once. She always kept a dagger strapped to her thigh. She was also very good at hand-to-hand combat. Although no-one knew about that bit, especially not her husband. Friday nights, she used to sneak out of her father's compound and disguise herself. Then she would go participate in street fights, winning most of them. Soon enough, she became well known in street-fighting circles. Her name was whispered with respect, and sometimes fear; The Black Rose. She hopped she would be able to continue her hobby while married.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back