• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Army of the Southern Cross

Heading to the motorpool, Heinrich discovers that half of his team has already signed out a hovercar, leaving Eric and Fia as the only ones still on post at the moment. Eric is blasting some AC/DC on his stereo as he works on Adrian's hover tank, but he pauses long enough from his work to come over and see you. "Hey Sarge! Just about done with my work on the Chimera. Once the installation is done, I can go out and give it a few live fire tests to make sure I hooked all the power relays in correctly and that the heat sinks are keeping the weapon cool." He wipes off his hands with a somewhat cleaner rag, then he stops and takes a closer look at you. "Wait. Are you wearing officers bars on your collar?!? Holy shit, boss! Did you just get a promotion? Awesome, dude! I mean, sir!" He gives you a over exaggerated salute with a huge grin on his face. "Hey everyone! My top kick just got promoted to Lieutenant! Sir, we gotta celebrate! I can let the rest of the techs finish up the install and go to La Fuente. Where's Fia? She needs to come along, too!"
Silanon Silanon

Moira is pleased that both Adrian and Marcus are coming along. She wants to make sure that whatever swimsuit she gets passes the test for both of them before making any purchase. She allows Adrian to lead her by the hand to the nearby store where she pauses inside to look around. So much to choose from! How do humans do this all the time and not go crazy? <snort> That's assuming that humans aren't crazy to begin with. Well, girl, time to face your next opponent: retail clerks! She looks around and finds the swimwear section of the store, and then focuses on finding a clerk that is working there, hopefully a woman. "I am in need of your assistance. I have to buy a swimsuit, and this is a task that I am uninformed as to how to go about this. Can you help me?"

heinrich sighed shaking his head. "i knew I should've tried hiding them for abit. yes, Captain Cruz just gave me my bars, i'll be heading, that also means you all to by the way, to Monument City to do my schooling. My punishment for all the paperwork I'm putting the Captain through." he laughed, but knew all the hell that was going to be coming for him soon. "Not everyday you share a scotch with your Captain. But I'm definitely up for some more tonight, got to see if the kittens would be willing to show up as well... Moira might need more back up out there as well, poor girl."

"You know, everytime I come in here your working away on the tanks, I think a vacation would kill you at this rate. Going a week without breathing in the smell of oil might just cause you to suffocate." he pulled the man's leg, before wondering where their shutterbug went. "Should be around somewhere. Ah, yes, gotta make a call.. try and get a hold of Fia while you can, tonights on me." Heinrich shuffled over abitr and tried to call up Diane, going to be one hell of a conversation starter, being a new Lieutenant.

In the store, Moira is able to wrangle a fairly attractive Hispanic woman that works there to help her out on the important mission of finding appropriate vacation wear. First off, she pulls off the sales floor a second woman to help out. Next, the two bring you into a back room and has you measured completely, taking notes as to what your appropriate sizes are for the various garments that they will recommend to you. Between the two ladies, they grab up a handful of different things for Moira to try on and they then vanish back into a changing room, with a quick comment to the guys that Moira will be out to model her choices shortly.

While this is going on, both Marcus and Adrian are able to find a few outfits of their own to try on, but you don't need quite as much assistance as the Zentraedi warrior does.

Back at Anton-17, we will say that Fia has been found, and if it is ok with everyone, we will leave her presence with Eric and Heinrich a bit vague until Silanon Silanon is online and able to post, time zones being a thing to have to deal with here.

It doesn't take long for Eric to go and get changed out of his dirty overalls and into a clean uniform, and then you guys are able to sign out a hovercar to make the drive to the town of La Fuente. As you go along, Eric pulls out his cell phone to call the rest of the squad to find out where everyone is so that you can all meet up for drinks and dinner. From this call, you find that the three are at a clothing boutique getting Moira primped up for the trip to New Rio.

(forgot to add the call that Heinrich is making! Sorry!)

It takes only two rings before a familiar female voice comes over Heinrich's phone as he calls Lt. Esparza. She is surprised to get the call from you, but pleased. "Ah, Sergeant! Good to hear from you again. I have heard that you and your team did some great work today, out at the Zentraedi ship. Good news travels fast, I suppose. So! What can I do for you today?"

Moira is thankful for the assistance of the two ladies, but makes sure to include the opinions of Adrian and Marcus as several outfits are gathered up for her to try on. She is quite excited to see their reaction to her choice of swimwear as she comes out in her first bikini that was suggested to her.

"Well, couldn't have done it if we didn't have everyone else kick the bee's nest first. See, I got quite abit of good news today, can't say which I like better. First, we're being sent off to New Rio. I guess that's how much a High Lord is worth these days. Can't complain. Thing is, the Captain also convinced me into something else. Something honestly would be better if yea saw, rather than me telling yea. If you have time, me and my squad will be heading over to La Fuente, if of course your available. If not I can always ruin the surprise, but I do believe I still owe you and your squad drinks yea?"

He chuckled abit, fully certain hes made up his due towards them...

"And it seems the lovebirds went bikini shopping, i can't be the only one seeing the mess that'll come of it. The man can hardly keep hismelf together when shes clothed." he snickered once morequite giddy.

"We're still in Anthon 17 as of right now, if you want to come."

He paused for a moment, hearing about the boutique their in and the bar that was mentioned.

"...The Goddess of victory? Ever heard of a bar like that?"

Adrian managed to grab a pair of goggles and a black swimming trunk that reached the top of his knees. He even grabbed bottles of sunblock and sun tan oil just in case someone wants to work on their tan for the break. After making his purchase, he returned to where Moira and the sales attendants were and what he saw made his jaws drop as his eyes were drawn to the beauty that stood before him. Without thinking he gave out his answer to her choice of swimwear, "Wow..."

Diane lets out a laugh. "A surprise, huh? Well, if that wasn't enough to get my attention, the offer of those drinks for me and the girls sounds pretty good to me. Give me about an hour, hour and a half or so, and we can be out there, and I'll let you know when we are nearing the town and you can tell us what place to meet at."

"Sounds good, now, I have to go save my Zentraedi squadmate from being dressed up like a doll. See you soon." and with that he had quite the happy look about him. "So then you two excited for the trip? it's been quite a ride, but I'm certain this trip will make it all worth it. I'll be sure to get us rooms that are away from the lovebird's, no sense having them keep us up all night... Wait a second would we have to tell Moira how that works?

or should we just let Adrian do it on the run?"

heinrich thought on this for a moment, wondering just how many Zentraedi out there knew how things worked down there...

She finds the remaining two squad members in the hangar - more by chance than anything else, she mostly was on search for a bit company after watching progress bars for what felt like hours. Apparently, it takes about as much time to upload an article as to get another promotion or install a particle cannon - some might say that the latter two options are more profitable ways to spend your time in the long run, but with the unexpected vacation coming up, it might be Fia's last blog entry for a while. A rather impressive one for sure, to be fair - some spectacular explosions, featuring the end of a crashed starship. The next one will feature New Rio and drinks on the beach instead; good times incoming, as it seems.

"Seems like I'll have to change half of my upcoming stories, just because you can't keep one rank for longer than just a few days - congratz, sarge, or whatever I should call you by now. Trip should be great, already packed - except for the camera, I guess." In fact, she carries the small device with her, as always... "Well, would be your task to advice her, as her doctor, right? Don't want them to get hurt in the process of finding out how reproduction works on Earth. Isn't there some instrucion file that you can upload on her smartphone, or something?" A little pause as a smile reaches her face: "And, is the cute kitty joining us once more? Might want to have some distance from our rooms as well, just in case she gets a few days off. Certainly would be well-deserved, after they saved our asses out there often enough..."

Moira suddenly feels self conscious as she stands there in the swimsuit. "You say 'wow'. Is it wow in a good way, or a bad one? Do I need to change in to a different suit?"

Without even thinking, Adrian replied all the while admiring the image of beauty before him, "You look perfectly beautiful with it, Moira. An epitome of beauty that I just can't take my eyes off. Whatever you'll wear next would look brilliantly sexy. Other women would be completely green with envy."

Moira feels a flush come across her face at the words of her fellow tanker. She is surprised at how much that his opinion matters to her. "Th - thank you." I'm not used to feeling like this. What is going on, that the comments of a man would mean so much to me? I must be acclimating to human culture more than I had thought. But what to do now? "I am glad that you like my choice. These fine clerks have helped out a bunch. Now, lets see what else I can get to add to my wardrobe for this vacation!"

OOC: Alerts were broken yet again :angryfrown::yakuza2:
---------------------------------------------------
Falling in step to match Adrian And Moira, Marcus initiates some small talk while they go to find a boutique to purchase some swimwear. They had barely taken several steps when they found themselves outside a skyscraper advertising all sorts of goods. By some silent agreement they all step in to see what gems this store has to offer.

The first level of the store is a simple and pristine lobby with a bank of elevators towards the end. Following a red carpet laced with gold patterns to the receptionist seated behind a solid marble desk, Marcus inquires where they would need to go to find some swimwear. "That would be on the 18th floor, sir. In case you need further help there is a computerized directory by the elevators on every floor and crew members scattered about. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them!" Adrian, Moira and Marcus voice their appreciation for her help and move on to the nearest elevator.

While Moira is getting measured for her swimwear. Marcus decides to pick up some beach essentials. After some searching, he manages to grab a retractable beach chair with sun umbrella, some SPF 30 sunscreen, a tight, light blue Speedo and a fun little beach game for some team building. As a last thought, he also grabbed an official Monument City towel, it reminded him of home, and the cost of it helped support the war effort.
OOC: Since Moira is a Zentraedi, is she also 40 feet tall?

"They really did a good job, War Girl. A damn good job." Adrian replied with a goofy smile.

"You can go for another set or maybe some casual wear when we all go out on an excursion or maybe hit the pubs and clubs in New Rio." He suggested as he made a mental note to buy another towel for the trip. 'I already have a towel for myself but not an actual beach towel. Gonna have to grab one too...'

EDIT:
"But most of all, you might be needing some beach essentials like towels, some sunblock lotion, and maybe a few other things to make our beach day brilliant."

Last edited:
Heinrich stretched out in the vehicle, glancing out the window. "..You think we're missing something interesting? Probably Adrian tripping over his words msot likely, I wonder if he'll be able to get a good word out this whole trip?' he wondered, fiddle about in his boredom.

"...honestly I think our tanks are faster than this car. Was La Fuente always this far?'

Time passes, the shopping is done, and everyone has now finally rendezvoused at the bar. As the first round of drinks arrives at the table, Lt. Esparza and one of her team enters the establishment and make a beeline to your table. "Sorry that the whole team isn't here. Rachel and Tina had to pull some extra duty shifts at the airfield. But, you got me and Babs here now. So! I'll take a beer and as we enjoy the nectar of the gods, you can tell me what the good news is."

Heinrich smiled wide when he saw at least some of the black cats enter the bar. "There they are, well, most of yea." he chuckled, before straightening out his coat. "Well, during my chat with the captain, she brought up something I never expected, my head was so filled with New Rio that I never imagined she'd offer me the chance to go into Officer training school. And I took it." he flashed his new bars, looking quite pleased. "Why the captain would keep around some of these is beyond me though." he admits, it was quite strange how she just had the bars in her...

"We'll be heading off to Memorial City it seems after our trip... I almost envy my squad, not having to take those tests." he smirked, trying not to think about the whole leaving thing.

Moira perks her head up when she hears that they are going to be heading back to Monument City. "Really? A transfer? At least we won't have to worry about getting a new CO while you are out and going through additional training for OCS. Any ideas on when we will be getting our new marching orders to go back north? Obviously it will be after our vacation down to New Rio." She is far from upset about the transfer. There were many friends made while in training that might still be in the ASC headquarters that she can see again.

Eric nods as he hears about the move up north. "Makes sense that our new LT would have to go to Monument City for training, and I'm glad that we're not getting split up with a new head to have to deal with while you're gone. Besides, I like the cooler weather of the North American Quadrant as opposed to the humidity of South America."

Diane gives a bit of a pouty face. "Too bad. After all, when you leave, who will we be rescuing and get our supply of free drinks? Just kidding. You guys deserve to be able to relax in a rear area after all the combat you have gone through. Personally, I have not heard of any reports of the Black Cats getting to leave here. There are still Malcontent forces in the area, even if they are now disorganized and scattered with the loss of their High Lord."

"Damn shame, I dare say I'll miss yea. I'll have to drink all this pay on my own then it seems." the good doctor sighed, thinking about what the captain said... Though it'd be a bad idea to start anything if they're going to be going their separate ways.. Looks like he's gonna have to grin and bare it watching his two squad members get comfortable with one another. "That said, thank you for what you girls have done, couldn't have made it this far without you all. So, lets get as shit faced, gotta make up for the chances in the future eh?"

he rose his glass. "A toast to the black cats,m the winged hussars and to ours C.Os who bust our balls every day."

Adrian gave Heinrich a grin after hearing the news that they'll be back at Monument City before saying, "Officer's training? Well, congratulations on the promotion! Moving up the world, Doc. Soon you'll be bloody general of a quadrant in no time." He finished with a smile, happy for the team's doctor and leader. Also, a change in scenery wouldn't hurt.

Adrian then raised his pint of beer and took a large gulp in response to the toast. "Cheers," he shouted jubilantly before standing up himself. "A hearty toast to the brilliant lasses that rain death and justice from above, to my fellow Hussars that just wouldn't give up no matter how deep in shite we seem to find ourselves, to the living who gave a bloody good show out there, and to the fallen who died on their feet with a weapon in hand and a defiant glint in their eyes. May they all be remembered and may they all be honored for bloody fuckin' ever!" He roared at the end before chugging down his pint.

"Barkeep! Give two of your strongest brew. I promised some good people that two rounds are on me. It's a time of celebration and remembrance, my good barkeep! Keep the drinks flowing..."

Several hours pass by, and the drinks flow, causing quite a drunken party to take place. There is a bit of trash talk between the girls of the Black Cats and the ground pounders, but it is all friendly in nature. Finally, Eric stands up and stretches. "Man! If I don't sober up a bit, we'll be stuck here overnight and miss evening roll call. I got to go get some coffee in me if I'm going to be able to drive back and stay alive."

This seems to signal an end to the party as everyone decides to ease off the alcohol to get ready for their own trips back to whatever base they came from. Soon enough, it is time to call the festivities to an end and make your way back as Lt. Esparza and her wingman get ready to return to their airbase.

After polishing a number of pints off, Adrian lets out a sad sigh, "Ah, good things come to an end then, eh? Duty call then. We'll just have to fix this when we get to New Rio soon. Hey, War Girl, you still fit to drive?" He asked as he slowly stood up and stretches to clear the tension and stiffness of his body.

"Bloody hell, we'll need a lot of water in our system to not feel this all in the mornin'." He gestures towards the collection of glasses and pints on their table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back