• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Armsmen (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
OH ACTUALLY

Im not sure if i glossed over this but what are ur expectations when it comes to length and frequency?

Length's a non-issue for me. Everyone's free to write as much or as little as they like. Even one liners are fine. My only concern is legibility. As long as there aren't spelling and grammar mistakes all over the place, it's all good.

As for posting frequency, I'd like to see at least one post per week from someone. Doesn't matter who, so long as the ball keeps rolling. That said, I don't want it going too fast in case people start to fall behind, so no more than a single post from each person per day.

Also, I know you didn't ask but posting order will basically be first come, first serve, so no one's obligated to wait for anyone to post (including myself). This is basically just to keep the roleplay from stalling.

Questions, is it okay to make our character not too expert in combat? Will they get trained to do proper fighting along with the story?

That's fine, so long as they stand out in some other way. For example, my character Nils isn't an expert fighter. He's had no formal training before and doesn't really practice, he just happens to be really big and strong. Historically, kings would only recruit the most skilled fighters from within the nobility as Armsmen, but it would seem that Athis is casting a much wider net this time.

As for training, Armsmen basically become superhuman once they receive their powers from their ruler, so the only meaningful training they can do is through sparring with one another. They wouldn't really need to be particularly skilled when dealing with ordinary people anyway considering their powers, so it's only when they ever have to fight other Armsmen that it really matters.

Hope that answers everything.

completely forgot to start writing up a CS, ill get on that and i should be sending it to you soon

Enkerzed Enkerzed I'd like to get some information on any major religions in your realm because I wanted to make my character a Warrior Monk/Priest that saw the call to serve their King as a sign from whatever their God would be.

ONI ONI How to put this... think of Christianity with God as God, but the Hero as Jesus and instead of Satan, you got dragons. Actually, that probably doesn't sound like Christianity at all and seems more like:
jTnoaWGS9scFnKfIVDUKA_TzGL7TbftgR_P_71Wc2pQ.jpg
But anyways, for the setting of the roleplay, the main religion of Yorta is simply known as the 'Faith', although its official name would be 'Church of the Hero' or 'Church of the Dragonslayer'. Can't really decide between the two, so let's just say that it's both and either can be used interchangeably.

Last edited:
Enkerzed Enkerzed
Can our characters keep their weapons from before they were taken to the castle, or will they have to use the armory weapons

They'll have to use weapons from the armoury. Everything except the clothes on their back would have been taken away before their arrival.

Sorry guys, I know I didn't exactly make it easy for anyone to write an opening post. If anyone wants me to, I could write another post and give your characters a chance to actually interact with what's going on.

Nope! It's not because of your post at all. For me, rather it's because you posted on Saturday, usually on the weekend I don't have time to be on my laptop.
I'll try to flash out my opening post today or tomorrow =)

Made my post! Hopefully, it was okay.
Btw, I mentioned about someone nudging Yetoire in my post, feel free to use it if anyone wants =)

So I DID start writing, but got distracted with a few other things >< I'll finish my post today, promise

Ah, been so swamped with some big exams and coding crap I had due yesterday. I'll be able to get my post out today as well.

Oh and I should've also mentioned that Athis is about the same height as Iris. I'll edit that in when I have the time.

Just a quick reminder to tag whoever you're interacting with so they know to respond when you post. Idk about everyone else, but sometimes I don't get notified when someone posts without tagging me.

Also remember that there's no turn order, so post whenever you like (as long as it isn't more than once per day). If you're worried about stepping on anyone's toes though, just ask if it's cool if you can have the next post or something like that. Or just straight up call dibs, whatever works best.

So, is Nils done with the blessing? Because I am kinda confused with the ending of your post xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back