• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Armored Core OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sure, to most of it. You don't have to match my post. Do what you can.

As for your character, here is the gist. Armored isn't really a PvE game. The only PvE happens on Chimaera and happen entirely with your avatar.(No Armors allowed) As for being and explorer and treasure hunter, that is what the Legacy system and Chimaera is all about. As for your rank, I could see that since he doesn't do PvP. You might have a harder time ranking up than you are making it sound though.

Your mech is fine, the only issue is the Legacy part. First, no one other than the owner would know if something was a Legacy. So no one other than you and mods would know you were carrying a big stick. Second, Legacy items all have special abilities that a specific to that item or mech. So it's not a problem, I would just need to know what your lance does so it can be ok'ed.

You don't have to have a team. The story is about life as a pro. Your characters story just would start a little before you get your first break. My guy doesn't have a team right now anyway, he just helps out his old team. My goal is to have everyone join up by the end anyway.

So yea, just tell me about your weapon and make a character so you can get started.

Howdy all, I'm interested in joining up but I've got a question I'd like to ask first, if that's alright.

I'm assuming not, but are the mechs lost for good upon total destruction?

Had some BUSY days. But it’s cool to see more people interested! Though I imagine that veteran D.Rex is proposing might have an awkward moment with Bella. I mean... Military veteran, lost his legs, probably to something like a landmine... Bella uses landmines and traps that might bring back some memories... it’ll be “fun”.

As for the arms wild tourney rules, I originally had a different idea of how this’d go, but lemme hammer things out.

2v2 matches with randomly assigned partners, all mechs are stripped of weapons/offensive parts (fists and feet still allowed, teeth/jaws are up for debate) and provided with a random weapon at the start of each fight. (determined by 2d6, the first determining rough type [1-2 for melee, 3-4 for ranged, 5-6 for explosives] and the second determining what specifically you get from a list i’ll write up later. If you Roll a weapon you already have, you may choose to reroll both dice, or keep it.) if a team wins a round, they are allowed to keep their weapons and take them home, even if they lose a future round and drop out. If a team loses a round, they are out of the tournament and will lose that round’s provided weapons.

Optionally, if everyone wants to make it REALLY RANDOM, Between rounds, teams could be rerolled, and the tournament bracket assigns new random matchups.

But, I’d like boss man Enolx Enolx to approve before I go nuts, too.

Yea your fine, go nuts. My only suggestion is that you have participants use basic mechs provided by the organizers. That way the focus is on the weapons. Also yes, you should reroll the teams every time for the lulz.

First post up. Not as long as I'd have liked, but with no real background to work off of it is what it is for now. Graystone713 Graystone713 I hope you don't mind me retconning a post about the tournament you mentioned, since it seems like it might be invite-only. If it is just tell me and I'll alter the post.

Actually, I was thinking they might have an open sign-up somewhere. They definitely did send invites out to teams to get their attention, but the big turnout they're hoping for might not happen. In my mind, Thinker Tankers isn't exactly a big name unless you follow the weird side of Mech building and customization. So most of the participants would be fans or people desperate for high-quality parts. They're honestly not sure that any of the 'big names' are coming. So you're free to join, Quiet Snowfall Quiet Snowfall

Heyo, I'm really interested in this RP. You've got no idea how much I've been looking for a mech-themed RP on this site.

Just got a quick question: Are we free to create our own Teams or do we have join an existing Team?

Yes, you can create your own team. RIght now everyone is scattered and on their own. My hope is to have a center team/teams by the end of this though.

When I was looking for mechs for the rest Horizon Tactical that fit the color scheme, and I see another 00 Qan [T] custom:

v1.jpg

Yea, I couldn’t let you use that one anyway. 00 is on my list of Legacy mechs. I respect your control though. You got a link though. Haven’t seen a red and white qan.

The two Qan Ts I actually chose to use as mechs don't actually look like the original Want T all. I can send images if you want to check on them

I realize now that this first one is actually a kit bash a lot more than just the Qan T

Both are not bad. The second one is dope though. I have always thought the double shoulder pieces was better than the single he was in the show.

alright I finally got a little more work done. Here is your regular Enolx service announcement.

First, on the main story page the top now shows the current post order plus some other useful story information. I will do my best to keep that updated as it changes.

Second, there is now a Legacy mech portion in the Lore page. I will add more over time, but if you have any suggestions or want a specific mech there, let me know.

Last, a friendly reminder to H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177 , you are up to post. Let me know if you have any issues.

Sorry ive been busy, I'll try to work on a post today.
alright I finally got a little more work done. Here is your regular Enolx service announcement.

First, on the main story page the top now shows the current post order plus some other useful story information. I will do my best to keep that updated as it changes.

Second, there is now a Legacy mech portion in the Lore page. I will add more over time, but if you have any suggestions or want a specific mech there, let me know.

Last, a friendly reminder to H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177 , you are up to post. Let me know if you have any issues.

So is my turn up after Snowfall's turn, or do I hold off for a bit?

you are not on the list yet Qiz. Post, and that will be your future spot in the list from then on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back