• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ARMAGEDDON -An Umbrella Academy Inspired Superhero RP-CLOSED

jump.

Calamity.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
On October 1st, 1989, 43 children were born to mothers that had previously not been pregnant. 7 of those children were adopted by Sir Reginald Hargreeves, who formed “The Umbrella Academy”, raising those 7 children to save the world.

This, however, isn’t about those original 7 kids. It’s about the others, the one’s scattered across countries and continents, aware or unaware of their own abilities.

They’ve been tracked, hunted down, and find themselves held in cells by people with motivations unknown to them. All that they do know is that their captors plan on killing them. So, they need to work together to get out of the situation, and figure out just what is going on.

This is a collaboration between myself and FolKinPunk FolKinPunk .

So, here’s the basic plot. This is a RP that is heavily inspired by the series The Umbrella Academy, however prior knowledge of it won’t be necessary to take part in this RP. The lowdown is this: A bunch of superpowered 30 year olds, who weren’t initially part of The Umbrella Academy, have been hunted down by an organisation determined to kill them. Why? Because an apocalypse was supposed to happen, an apocalypse that was stopped by the original 7 kids. This is the timeline that was left behind, the timeline that needs to be corrected and the timeline where the world is supposed to be destroyed.

One of the remaining 43 is going to cause another apocalypse, one that must not be stopped. So, the others, the ones that are destined to interfere and save the world have been rounded up to be killed.

The problem? Well, they’re also superpowered, aren’t they? A group of superheroes together can easily escape, and save the world.

Your character is one of the 43. They have superpowers that they may or may not be aware of. And depending on their alignment, they're either trying to save, or destroy the world.

Creativity with powers is encouraged! However it is advised that your character's powers are not too overpowered!

Current taken powers are: Plant manipulation/Chlorokinesis and Ghost physiology <3

Unavailable powers are: Super strength, projectile manipulation, mind control, mediumship/communing with the dead, space-time manipulation, summoning an eldritch tentacle monster and sound manipulation. As well as power mimicry. As the canonical Umbrella Academy characters have these abilities </3

In terms of additional information, this will likely be a semi-advanced to advanced thread, so correct use of grammar and the ability to write a solid content-filled post will be necessary!

Plotting might possibly be within discord? So having a discord account could be helpful!
But other than that, I hope we get some folks interested! :D Please feel free to send in any questions if you have any! Afterall, this is just the interest check and things will be plotted/go into further detail once we have some more people interested! ^^

if interested, please head on over to the sign ups! :D

Last edited:
Woah! Look at the cool people I've definitely never seen before. I'd be interested in this

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

:D

feel free to start staking your claims on powers guys ehehehe first come first serve! :D

Tentative claim on Water Manipulation for now (leaning more on ice), unless I change ideas
It's hard to know what I've done and have not done at this point XD

tis still early, but i'll start working on a sign up thread/form for y'all who are interested so far! <3 once it's up feel free to start working on your characters hehehe

aightyyyy sign ups are here

anyone whos interested and has read over all the info, feel free to head there straight away! once we have enough folks, we'll look into maybe making a discord server for ooc chat/plotting ^^

(Inwardly debating Powerset, once thats ok'd ill work around it to make the character)

am love all the characters so far y'all 💙 once everyone is ready/submitted their characters ill get to work on the ic thread!

bumping! still need a few more peeps before i get to work on the ic thread ^^

this is rather overdue, but here is a link to the ooc chat/plotting discord! Join the superhEro Discord Server!
you don't have to join if you don't want to, but it'd be super helpful for planning things in advance~ it's also home to a few other members who've yet to get their characters up hehehehe

I think im gonna close this thread up! we have plenty of folks, and still a couple of peeps to sign up, so methinks it's a good time to close it off for any newcomers? i don't want things to get too hectic, yknow? 😭😭

just so y'all know, i am still around! i've just been very low on motivation recently and haven't been able to make myself do much. as soon as i got some writing juice back though, i'll get the rp thread up! :D thanks for being patient yall ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back