• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

"Tintoberries?" Roan asked clueless, "What will that do?"

Without asking about it, Vera got to work doing that. Mashing up tintoberries for whatever Anna needed them for.

"It's that stuff I used on your bruises," Anna replied, "I don't know how, but it helps you heal."

"Anything else?", Jack asked.

"Can you go check if the anky actually got metal or not?"

"On it," Jack left to go find their new pet and see if it worked or not.

Roan nodded, "Thats what you used. Hopefully it'll work then. That stuff cleared my bruises fast."

"Here, how's that?" Vera asked as she handed over the tintoberry paste.

"Thank you, might wanna go stop Jack from getting in the saddle," Ana reached back to take the bowl of paste, "Roan, I need your help for this, I can't see what I'm doing to apply it." She looked a little flush as she instructed Roan how to apply the paste to her butt injury.

Vera left to go find Jack, "Jack? Anna said dont get in the saddle. I mean I hope her injury is enough example you don't do it yourself, but a reminder doesn't hurt."

Roan nodded, "Sure."

He got to work putting the paste on her wound and rewrapping it. It wasn't pretty, but it didn't the job well enough. "How does it feel?"

"It's cold," Anna winced. It stung, too, but that was besides the point. After a few minutes the pain started to fade as the herbs did their job, and Anna visibly relaxed. "I really think we need to rethink our resources."

"What?", Jack was standing on a rock next to the anky, taking measurements with a stick, "I wasn't gonna get in the saddle, yet."

"What do you mean?" Roan asked, "Rethink our resources?"

"What are you doing?" Vera asked as she watched him playing with a stick.

"Metal's a pain in the ass," Anna grumbled. literally, in her case.

"I'm measuring," Jack shrugged, "Trying to figure out how much I need to add to the saddle so it's safe to sit on." He shrugged again, "It looks like, if sitting on your heels the distance between your butt and the front of your foot is at least this much," he showed her a couple notches on the stick, "It's impossible for the spikes to reach you unless you do something stupid. But I'm going to add some material for an actual seat just in case."

"But we still need it, " Roan sighed, "Its kind of important. "

"There's my big genius man, " Vera giggled, "You are so smart. How will you do it then?"

"I know..." Anna looked over at the door, "I just hope there's a better way to get it..."

Jack chuckled at the compliment, a bit of heat rising to his face as he scratched the back of his head, "Well, I was thinking we could take some fiber ropes, and attach them," he pointed out a few places before going on a tangent about structural integrity and weight load. He wasn't quite sure where these words were coming from, but somehow he understood them like he'd been studying this stuff from the get-go.

"I mean.. by hands is an option," He shrugged, "Not much else I can think of. "

"Well you just tell me how to help, ok?" Vera said with a smile.

Anna just grumbled, "This planet sucks..."

"Well, at the moment," Jack looked at the rising moon, "We can't do a whole lot. But in the morning we'll be able to-" He paused, "The birds."

"Ever been to another one?" Roan joked, sitting on the bed with Anna.

"What about them?" She asked.

"Sure," Anna quipped, "Sunsets are beautiful on Uranus this time of year."

"They're still tied to the boat," Jack whistled for Nike to go loose the argentavis. The birds loudly declared their annoyance at being tied up for so long when he got their to cut them loose, and they hopped off the boat to get away from that thinng.

"Oh yea?" He chuckled, "Never been there. "

"Poor things," Vera giggled, "they'll be ok im sure. "

"Yeah," Anna smiled, and snuggled into Roan's chest, "Where have you been?"

"They're fine, now," Jack shrugged as the birds took flight to go perch atop the stego shelter. "We've still got the crystal, right?"

"Neptune is nice. It rains diamonds there," he chuckled.

"They sure do, " Vera nodded, "Get it in the morning? They seem content."

"Hmm," Anna smiled, "I think I'd like a diamond, they're pretty."

"Yeah..", Jack agreed, "I really hope that wasn't a waste of effort..." He offered Vera his hand, "To bed, then?"

Roan hummed and kissed Anna's head, "Not as pretty as you. "

"Yea. It's been a long day, " Vera agreed, heading towards their little home.

Anna giggled, "Stop it," she playfully swatted his leg, "I'm not that pretty."

Jack smiled as he entered their tiny hut after Vera. He sighed as he lit the wall torch so they could see, "Home sweet home." He really hoped they wouldn't be sleeping here much longer, "How are you feeling? That snow place was cold."

"Of course you are, " Roan said with a smile, "You're so pretty. Beautiful. "

"I could use a big strong man to cuddle me and keep me warm. " Vera giggled, "I hated it there. "

"Are you blind?", Anna asked, "You're thinking of Vera." she sighed and shook her head, "She got the beauty..."

Jack chuckled, "Well, it doesn't look like I have a choice, then." He smiled as he removed his hide clothes soaked with melted snow and seawater, and hung it out to dry, putting on some cloth pants instead, "Come here, Kitty," he put together some more fiber clothes for Vera to change to so the hides could dry out again.

"To me, its all you," Roan said softly.

Doing the same as Jack, Vera happily curled up with him, "I love you. "

Anna made a quiet little grumbling noise, "Stop..."

Jack smiled and put his arms around Vera, "I love you too," he reached up to brush her hair behind her ear, planting a kiss on her head.

"Why?" Roan asked softly, "I think you're so beautiful. Just... so pretty.. so... perfect. I know you don't see it but I do."

Vera smiled, closing her eyes and snuggling closer, "I'm glad we made it back. We had a lot of run ins today."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back