• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ARK: Survival of the Fittest (Closed)

At the direction of wild raptors, Jack narrowed his eyes. "You're talking a lot of shit for someone half my size," he growled, reaching forward and grabbing the doorhandle to pull it closed and walking off.

"Well that didn't work at all," Anna groaned.

"You're talking a lot of shit~" She mocked once the door was closed.

"So much for that," Roan sighed.

Anna just muttered to herself as Jack went over to the storage area and then over to the workshop, burying himself in making something.

"So this is what happens when we get the chance to not fear for our lives," Anna muttered, "Why does everything go to shit the second we're not in danger?" It was like this group was composed of people that just couldn't handle not doing something.

"Maybe staying busy is best for us.." Roan muttered, "Well, this is fun."

"We're gonna hit a point where we can't be busy, though," Anna sighed, "What are we gonna do when we've got our bases fully covered? Kill each other?"

"Agree not to kill each other? You and me?" Roan asked, holding a hand out to shake on it.

"Agreed," Anna shook Roan's hand. She shook her head when they separated, "We've gotta get them speaking to each other again, we're gonna die if half the group is trying to kill each other." She looked at Jack and then Vera's house, "I'll take Vera if you take Jack."

"Where do we even start?" He asked, "It was a stupid argument to begin with."

"I don't know," Anna was already starting towards Vera's house, "We just gotta get them talking to each other." Hopefully that would start the process of getting them communicating.

Roan sighed and made his way to Jack, "Hey..."

Vera, in the meantime, sat in her hut eating.

"Something you need?", Jack asked as he tossed a pteranodon saddle onto the table and started work on another.

Anna stopped at Vera's door, and then knocked on it, "Vera, can we talk?"

"You doing alright?" Roan asked, leaning on a table.

Vera moved to open the door, "I suppose.. what do you wanna talk about?"

"Why wouldn't I be?", Jack shrugged.

Anna briefly considered saying 'assbones', but she didn't want the door slammed in her face. "What's going on between you and Jack?", she asked as she stepped inside so she couldn't be doored out.

Roan hummed, "Slammed the door on Vera.. you seem pretty pissed. What happened?"

"Jack is too full of himself to just admit I'm right," She answered, "Hes just doing it to make me look stupid."

"Oh, you wanna know what happened?" Jack raised an eyebrow, "I asked what she was mad about, and she told me to go play with wild raptors!" He slammed the hammer down on the table, "No one gets to say I didn't try to make peace, but she's pushing it!"

"You both look stupid," Anna shook her head.

"I feel like thats not exactly what happened, so what was said between you asking what she was mad about and her telling you to play with raptors?" Roan asked.

"I'm not stupid!" She shouted, "Damn it!"

"Oh, that's exactly what happened," Jack spat, "I asked 'Are you still mad?', she asked if I'd given her a reason not to be. I said I didn't even know why she was mad, and she threw a fit about assbones and told me to go play with raptors!" He shook his head, "Roan, you know me, I've never hit anyone in the group, but I was ready to beat her with the door!"

"Yes, yes you are." Anna shook her head, "I don't know what you and Jack did when you dragged him in here, but what I've seen is you two argue about something that doesn't mean anything," Really, what was the significance of whether it was called an assbone or a pelvic bone? "And now you're both just fuming about nothing. So unless there's something else going on, you both look like dumbasses."

"Jack.." Roan sighed, "I know you aren't great with social cues but do you think maybe if has to do with whatever happened this morning?"

Vera screamed in frustration, "Fine whatever. Get out. If you guys need my input for anything you can look somewhere else. Since I'm just stupid."

Clearly it was her dignity that was hurt. She felt invalid. And now everyone was against her. Or so she felt.

"Apparently, if she still pissed about assbones!", Jack shrugged.

"No." Anna crossed her arms, "You and Jack are at each others throats, and we need to be able to work as a group." She shook her head, "No one's calling you stupid, I'm saying your actions make you look stupid. There's a difference, and if you'd calm down for a second and think rationally," she tapped the side of her head, "And think with your head, not your heart, you'll find a solution."

"Why is she pissed about assbones?" He asked.

Vera folded her arms, "thanks, miss philosopher. Now go away."

"Oh, I bruised my assbone falling off of Janus, she insisted assbones weren't real and that she didn't have bones in her ass," Jack shook his head, "I proved her wrong."

"I'm not leaving until you calm down, and you and Jack apologize to each other." Anna sat down on the edge of Vera's bed, "I can be a stubborn bitch too."

"How?" Roan questioned.

"No, screw you!" Vera argued, "You have no idea how I feel! You dont even want to sympathize with me, youre just here to make me say Jack is right. I'm not doing it. He isn't right, he is just too proud to admit thst he is wrong and you're feeding into him."

"She dragged me into her house and said to squeeze her butt," Jack shrugged, "Turns out girls do have bones in their asses, and she doesn't have too soft a butt to have bones."

"I don't give a pegomastax's ass who's right or wrong, you can both be wrong for all I care!", Anna replied, "But we need both of you to work together so we all stay alive." She pointed at the door, "So if you want me out of here, you're gonna walk out of there, you and Jack are gonna have a civil conversation, and you're both gonna apologize to each other for being this ridiculous about the name of a bone that doesn't matter!"

"Do you think maybe this has to do with the butt grabbing?" Roan suggested. He wasn't sure how such a stupid conversation got so out of hand.

"Its not about the bone!" Vera shouted. She felt so defeated, like her feelings didn't matter. She hung her head, tears on the verge of falling. Who cared? Her voice was soft and broken now, "Fine.. whatever.."

"I dunno, she told me to do it," Jack shrugged. "I said she could check herself if she didn't believe me that there were bones there, but she had me do it."

"Then what is it about?", Anna asked. She stood up and pulled out a piece of cloth, moving to wipe Vera's face, "Relax, this isn't a bad situation, it's just misunderstood by all parties."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back