• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Arendelle: Return of the Sky King

On the continent of Fredalia, in the Nation where the Wind Cougar resided also known as Freirden, David was battling against mechanations and weapons of war that far surpassed the fire-breathing ships and tanks that were employed by Gronweld in their attack on Arendelle. He fought valiantly, but the son of the former general would even kill his own people to enslave the spirits, and he had succeeded in doing just that.

Onslaught after onslaught came. Blasts of air from cannons that could level houses, mages that controlled water and golems of wood and stone that fought for Gronweld all attacked David at once. Handling one element was easy, but handling all these was wearing on him significantly. He had been brought to his knees more than once during this battle.

-----------------------------
In Northuldra, as Elsa prayed to the God her mother spoke of, she would hear a still, small voice in her heart. It guided her into submitting to Him as the Supreme Creator, politely asked her to acknowledge that she is frail, finite, and in need of Him, and only through His Love could she be made whole. Once this is accepted, then she could bond directly with her spirits and traverse the sea as though it were traveling between Northuldra and Arendelle.
-----------------------------

David was on his last leg. He was face-to-face with the leader of Gronweld, the new, young and ruthless general. David's arms and legs had been bpund by the four enslaved spirits, and the general held a crossbow up to David's face. The enemy leader scoffed. "Some Sky King you are. You're nothing without your spirits."

David closed his eyes and prayed, asking God why He had let this happen. Why had the One he served let him die? His thoughts kept going back to Elsa and how much he loved her. "No," he kept saying. "She'd die...no..."

The crossbow was fired, and David resigned himself to his fate, closing his eyes.

But the shot never came and he heard something akin to wind blowing and crystals clinking.

He opened his eyes, and the bolt, the General, and every soldier in the immediate vicinity was frozen solid. He looked around and didn't see anything at first, but something bright caught his eye on the coast. He squinted to see it, but his eyes widened when he realized who it was.

Elsa had prayed, and she had found her answers. She was ready to help David. She still didn't quite understand the magnitude of what was happening back on his home continent, since he hadn't had time to explain before leaving, but she didn't care. She would do what she needed to.

The four spirits joined alongside her, and the bond she felt between the five of them was stronger than ever before. It was as if they could silently communicate, as one. She was able to command them without words and they were more than happy to lend her their power.

"Let's go." The Ice Queen said determinedly. She climbed atop the water horse's back. Nokk whinnied and reared, restless and excited for their journey across the sea. "This is going to be interesting." Elsa said with a bit of a smirk as she patted his neck.

Using Gale to propel them, she and Nokk raced across the ocean. The wind provided amazing speed, something she never could have accomplished before. It didn't quite match David's propulsion -- after all, he was the Sky King, unrivaled master of the air element -- but her ice powers provided her an edge of her own while skimming across water. Nokk's hooves barely landed before they pushed off, making a mad dash toward the continent on the other side of the sea.

After what felt like a short journey, Elsa could see land. There was a battle happening on the horizon. One that David was losing. As she grew closer, she could see what a dire situation he had put himself in. His enemy held a crossbow to his head, ready to fire.

And as he did, she released a burst of energy like she never had before.

The entire area became a sheet of solid ice. All of the attackers were frozen in place, unable to move. The arrow, launched from the enemy's bow, was held firmly, just a mere few inches from David's forehead. If she had been only a few seconds late, he may have died here today.

Nokk decelerated, slowing as they reached the edge of the sea and entered into the bay. Elsa could see David looking at her, eyes wide as if he couldn't believe she was truly there with him.

The horse came to a halt at the edge of the water and let Elsa dismount. After a small bow to one another, he vanished into the gulf. The Queen turned to David, a soft breeze blowing her near-white hair behind her, along with the glittering fabric attached to her white dress at each corner.

"David," she said softly, smiling with a relieved expression. "I thought I was too late..."

When David saw Elsa dismount, he felt what had happened. God spoke to his heart. "She is mine now. I have used her as my tool of mercy to you. And she will be my tool of mercy to your people."

David couldn't help but cry. As Elsa approached him, he clung to her dress, bawling like a baby. A memory flashed before him.

The wood elves were gathered in the chapel, the elder of their village delivering a sermon. "I'd like to title this, 'The Invisible Soldier.'" David was rapt with attention at the mention, wanting the suspense to end, to find out who this invisible soldier was. And, after about thirty minutes, it dropped.

"...That woman caught in adultery was thrown at Jesus' feet, but, you see, He wasn't the only divine Spirit there. There...was another there, holding on to her, keeping her alive as Jesus challenged the Pharisees. He was there as they threw down their devices of death, those stones. That one, The Invisible Soldier, held her tight as He looked Satan in the eye, and said, 'She's MINE! You can't have her'. That invisible soldier...His name...is Mercy."

The tears flowed even more. "I'm so sorry!" David bawled. "I...I shouldn't have left you...I'm sorry!" He couldn's stop crying, even as he felt her touch. He felt so...unworthy of her love, of her rescue. He couldn't bring himself to look at her, but obliged when he felt her hands on his face, turning it up to look at her. "Elsa..." he said softly...

He got lost in those beautiful, ice-blue orbs. Without her...his heart would've turned to stone permanently. Without her, he would be alone. Without her, he'd be dead. He stood slowly, looking at her with regret, love and desire all etched on his features. "I...I'm so sorry. I...I didn't know what to do. I didn't want you getting hurt...but now..." he wiped his nose with his sleeve ..."I see I was a fool. Could you ever forgive me?"

The elemental wasn't expecting the reaction she received. Of course, she figured he would be grateful, and maybe even happy to see her, despite risking her life to be here. Instead, he cried and fell to his knees, clutching her dress as he apologized for leaving her behind.

Elsa knelt with him, wiping his tears and tilting his head up to face her. He asked if she could ever forgive him for what had happened, and she kindly smiled down on him.

"I've already forgiven you," the Ice Queen replied. "I know now why you left without me, and why you hoped I would stay behind. But I couldn't. I didn't want you to have to face this alone."

The blonde withdrew the carefully wrapped scroll from her mother, which she had placed in a waterproof bottle and placed gently in a glittering white satchel over her shoulder, so that it could never be damaged by her own fault. "My mother... She left this behind for me before she died. It gave me so many answers. It's how I knew I had to come after you."

She stowed the bottle again and returned her soft gaze to David. Her eyes locked on his, and she only hoped that she could convey her feelings through that gaze, the emotions she felt unable to put intowords

When she lifted his face to meet hers, he couldn't stop the tears as her loving face graced his. No judgement. No fear. No anger. Just forgiveness. He put his hands on hers, closing his eyes briefly before looking up at her, listening to her words "...I knew I had to come after you." He saw her present the bottle and put it away, and that coupled with the Still, Small Voice he heard, he was broken...and remade.

After she put the bottle away, she gazed at him lovingly, and he couldn't help himself. He was drawn to her, and he didn't want to stop himself as he drew near. Their lips met...softly at first, then slowly, gently, he deepened the kiss. He didn't care about the battlefield. He didn't care about the impending doom around him. He only cared for this woman in this moment.

As they kissed, they both rose up into the air, the magic around them solidifying their union. It swirled, the clouds, lightning, ice and wind becoming one as they continued their passionate romance. The ground around them lit up, and then everything drew in as though it were pressurizing.

It exploded in Holy Wonder, destroying every frozen enemy instantly, and he knew God of Heaven marked his approval of the union. As they came back to the ground, the elements cleared and David had his hands wrapped around Elsa, their mouths melded as one.

When their kiss ended, he looked at her piercing, steel-blue eyes with his, and just tried to breathe. Once he gathered his senses, he looked around at the frozen battlefield before them. He knew it wasn't over yet, and he knew they had to fight. Together. He grasped Elsa's hand and smiled. "I told you I could do anything with you at my side. And I at yours. Let's go save a continent."

Last edited:
Elsa put the bottle back in her satchel and as she turned back to David, he leaned forward and planted a kiss on her lips. She felt her feet lift off of the ground as she closed her eyes and returned the kiss, and magic swirled around the two of them, the elements in harmony.

After a few moments, they returned to the earth and broke their kiss, Elsa blushing amd breathless and David looking more than just a little elated by their union.

"I told you I could do anything with you at my side," David said, his hands still on her arms, two warm spots on her icy body. "And I at yours. Let's go save a continent." The two of them finally pulled away from one another, and Elsa glanced out to the battlefield. The majority of the enemy's forces had been blasted away, shattering in ice once the two elemental had kissed. There were few remaining, but the danger still stood.

"Let's go."

David nodded, and they both headed out. "Let's Do this!"

The enemy that they approached tried taking them down, but they were met with a combination Ice and Air blast that froze and shattered them simultaneously. As David flew forward and Elsa rode her ice flow, he glanced over at her with a smirk on his face. So this is how it feels when someone's got your back in battle. He turned forward, smashing through another frozen enemy and rejoining Elsa as they continued toward where they saw more combat happening.

As they went forward, they ran into several battalions, through which they pummeled with ease using his Storm magic and all of Elsa's spirits bonded with her. David would throw some enemies to her to blast, and vice versa. They were a team, working in tandem seamlessly. It wasn't just their powers that strengthened them. It was their bond. Their love. They were unstoppable together.

Once they got through the various enemy units, David sensed something. He used the air pressure to paint a picture, and he saw a harbor. The sea spirit was being held down by magical barriers and guards with electric prods. "Elsa. The sea spirit is imprisoned over that way." He pointed. "If we can free her, then I'll be able to bond with her and help support your water and ice."

With the two of them working together, they were stronger than ever before. And now that they both had the powers of the other elements on their side, they were practically unstoppable when the enemy came at them.

They took down multiple batallions of soldiers, all of them amazed in their last moments at the sheer power coming from the two elementals. They seemed baffled that two individuals could accomplish so much, and without any actual weapons to speak of. Only their magic.

David spoke, and Elsa turned to listen. He said that the sea spirit was in trouble, and that if they saved it he could access the ocean's power to compliment her own powers of ice. Elsa nodded affirmingly and the two of them raced to the bay, where the spirit was trying its best to free itself of its captors.

Sliding in on a wave of ice, Elsa propelled herself toward the enemy soldiers and shot sharp icicles from the ground, skewering them where they stood. The water washed them away, leaving nothing behind to show of them. As they came closer to where the spirit was endangered, she looked to David again.

"I'll distract the ones blocking our way, and then you can go in and take care of the others!" The Ice Queen called over to him, coming up with a plan on the spot. He was the one meant to bond with the sea spirit, so he should be the one to rescue it while Elsa watched his back.

As they fought through, David was elated at their seamless teamwork. It just flowed, literally and figuratively. She would ice a company or platoon, and he would use them as weapons or just blow them away. They either had the Northuldran spirits at their back or were back to back with each other, ensuring the other was protected.

David listened intently as Elsa gave him her plan. It was quick, efficient and ancient. He liked it. "Thanks," he said. "Sounds good." As they glanced at each other and nodded, he felt their connection grow stronger. It was for less than a second, but it meant the world to both of them. As Elsa moved to the side and engaged the front line soldiers, they turned their attention to her and fired.

That gave the perfect opening for David to punch through. With most of the soldiers focused on Elsa, the human barrier between him and his quarry was thin. A sweep of his hand was all it took to blow some of them away. A few approached him to engage in melee combat. They caught him close and if he leapt back, he'd be in Elsa's line of fire. He didn't want to cause her to lose focus.

So, he removed his signature white leather trench coat, tossed it to the side and put his hands up. The soldiers leapt in, thrusting their fire and ice-coated blades forward. David ducked then leapt forward, tackling their legs out from under them. One fell back but the other held his ground and positioned his blade to sink it into David's back. The Sky King was no fool, however, and as soon as he realized the one on the left hadn't gone down, he rolled to the right, just missing the skewering intended for him. He spun around and got up on one knee, looking at his attacker. He was the only one in between him and Leviathan.

David closed his eyes and balled his fists, breathing in and out before opening his eyes again. The air pressurized around him and he burst forward. In a split second, he blew past the attacker who just stood there, now weaponless. A moment later, the top of his body slid to the side and fell off his bottom half which followed shortly thereafter. David turned to the captors of his friend, the sea spirit Leviathan. His righteous anger burned with a holy fury that could only be outmatched by God Himself.

He de-pressurized the air around the prods and spears they were using, and their weapons de-materialized due to the lack of natural force keeping the molecules in place. Once they realized their only means of restraining the spirit were now useless, they turned tail and ran - only to be drowned by the force of the serpent coming down on them as it retaliated in its newfound freedom.

As David appraoched the sea spirit, she made sure to keep an eye on him from her periphery. She was confident that he could handle himself but now that they were together she wasn't about to let an enemy soldier tear them apart again.

She saw him fighting the people surrounding the spirit, taking them down hand-to-hand and scaring off the others after destroying their weapons. Elsa busied her opponents by dodging their attacks using walls of ice and her quick movements. She had always been fast on her feet and now that she was more powerful than ever, she was one hell of a moving target.

Using her ice as a shield, she let herself get closer to the enemy, flinging ice spikes once she was within range and keeping them at bay with an icy wall. The queen had never felt so alive, filled with the spirits of ice, with water, fire, earth, and air lending her their power. It was exhilarating, but also exhausting. Having never had this much power meant she also never used this much at once, and she tried to pace herself so she wouldn't waste energy.

Once David had reunited with the ocean element, she finished off the men around her and moved back to him swiftly on a swirling wave of ice, dropping down to his side.

David rested his left hand on the forehead of the water spirit, Leviathan now free and showing affection to its fifth spirit. "There you go, girl." The water spirit gurgled its appreciation, then looked to Elsa as she landed. It nudged her, nodding vigorously as it showed its thanks to her. David chuckled as he watched the exchange. He saw the way Elsa and Leviathan interacted, his love for the Ice Queen growing even more.

Once the spirit was finished, it turned toward David, shrank to the size of a human and slithered toward him, disappearing inside its fifth spirit. David's eyes flashed ocean blue then returned to their normal steely blue-gray color, David breathing in and out in relief. "It's good to have you back, my friend," he said out loud.

He looked at Elsa and walked toward her, now that the imminent threat was neutralized. He slowly wrapped his right arm around her waist, brushing a lock of her platinum mane away from her face with his left. "Thank you, Elsa. Again, I'm so sorry. And," He leaned down and met her lips gently, then drew back, "I love you," and kissed her again. This kiss wasn't as intense as the one on the shore, but it was deeper. It was more than a desperate clinging on to love. It was an acceptance and appreciation for that love.

Elsa watched as the Leviathan showed it's appreciation to David for rescuing it, the man putting a hand to its forehead in return. After a moment, the spirit set its sights on Elsa and came to show her the same affection. It swirled around her giddily and nudged her hands, letting her show affection in return. She laughed a little and glided her fingers delicately over it, feeling the spirit make a gurgling noise deep within it, almost similar to a cat purring.

Once it vanished into David, the Sky King came to Elsa and pulled her into a deep kiss, saying again that he was sorry and that he loved her.

The Ice Queen smiled as he brushed hair away from her face. "I love you, too," she replied. "And I've already told you, all is forgiven. I'm not upset. I was before, but now I know why you didn't tell me. I know you probably wanted me to be safe, but... I want to help. I want to be there for you." She said with a small shrug.

"I think that, together, we are capable of so much more than we ever were separately." Elsa admitted. The way the two of them worked together, the way their powers blended so harmoniously, even in battle. Together, they were truly an unstoppable force. Something to be reckoned with.

David smiled at her response. He nodded in agreement. "Yes, we are more than a force to be reckoned with. And now that Leviathan is with us, our combined power will grow tenfold. And..." he closed his eyes and sighed. "I can't help but think of how I hurt you unintentionally. It'll take some time for me to get over it, Elsa. And thank you for being at my side."

He looked up and out over the land in front of them. He knew the rest of the continent was in peril, and they needed the Elements' help. But he couldn't shake the feeling that they'd need more help to get this taken care of quickly, in order to quell the carnage fulfilled by the Fire Nation. He also knew Elsa needed to learn of her power before they faced any more foes.

With that in mind, he turned to Elsa again. "I think before we go on, we should figure out your new abilities more. I noticed you getting fatigued earlier, and if we go into a heavier fight unprepared, I fear that we may fail."

David was silent as he took in the wreckage that surrounded him. His enemies really had done a number on his homeland, destroying everything in their path as they tried to tame the Leviathan.

After a moment's pause, he turned to Elsa. David made the suggestion that she should learn more about her new powers before they continued on, that her fatigue may cause some problems down the road. She understood what he meant. While she felt she had a lot of control over the other elements now, it was a lot to take in. It wasn't that she was tired from using them, exactly, but from learning how they worked on the fly and trying to implement it into a good offence and defence.

"I agree." The Ice Queen replied with a small nod of her head. "I know that I can use more than just my own power now, but since that has never been an option before, it would be beneficial to learn more about the other spirits. It's hard to control a power that you don't truly umderstand."

David nodded, and with that, the pressure around them changed and the two began to rise slowly into the air. After they got to a good altitude, they flew off to a distant mountain far away from the populated areas. After some time, they crested the summit of one of the tallest mountains and the view before them opened up to reveal a sprawling network of villages and buildings nestled atop the steppes down the side of the massive stone monoliths that concealed them from the rest of the world.

1589550150099.png
(Credit: WoW Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer)

David set the pair down next to the group of Shaolin monks that were training in a group formation. The group didn't even pay them any mind as they continued their exercises.

An elder monk walked out of the building they landed next to, greeting David. "Ni hao, Sifu Warring."
"Ni Hao, Sifu Zhao." David greeted him identically.

200.gif

Zhao walked over to Elsa, bowing deeply with the same salute. "Ni Hao, companion of Sifu Warring. It is our honor to host you at our Monastery."

David smiled at Elsa. "Sifu Zhao, this is Elsa of Arendelle. She is a fifth spirit as well, and has recently bonded with her four."

Zhao's face lit up at the news. "Oh, that is very good news indeed. You must be tired after your long journey. Please. Come in and find lodging, food and comfort. We will begin your training tomorrow." He bowed and gestured to the building he had just come out of.

Without another word, they lifted into the air and were flying again. It was just as breathtaking as it had been the first time that Elsa had experienced it. She wondered if she would ever get used to that, and then hoped not. She wanted it to be this fantastic every time.

After they had been gliding along for quite some time, there were some mountains in the distance where Elsa was able to see a network of villages. It seemed almost like a hidden community, where monks were going through their daily routines. The two landed softly and while the Ice Queen was glancing around at all the new scenery, they were approached by someone.

Greeting him in return, Elsa looked to David as the monk began leading them inside to rest. "Where are we?" She asked curiously. She had never seen something quite like this, and it was intriguing. She wondered how she was expected to rest if there was so much going on that she wanted to learn about.

David smiled softly as he and Elsa followed Zhao inside, where an ornate lobby decorated in oriental flair met them. Zhao disappeared behind a door to their right. "We're at the Shinatao Temple, Elsa. The Shinatao monks dedicate their lives to learning self defense and the ways of our God. It's where I learned about my God, the one that I read about the other day." He looked around their surroundings as he said it, taking in every detail. He missed this place so much.

He stopped and turned to Elsa. "This is where I retreated to for two years, to hone my power and learn how to bond with my spirits. That's when..." he closed his eyes and breathed in and out, then opened them again, "When Gronweld - The Fire Nation - attacked. But," he turned a little somber, "I had heard from Phalanx, the fire spirit that the fire nation was gearing up for war. That's why I left, to get stronger to fight them. It seems I needed more time, or," he smiled and looked at Elsa out of the corner of his eye, "I needed some support."

"Indeed, Master Warring," Zhao said as he emerged from the door he went through earlier, two monks following behind him, one male and one female. All three carried platters bearing food and tea. "I knew that you could not defeat the Fire Nation alone, whether you had all the spirits at your side or not. I was led by The Lamb to send you across the sea -" he paused, then smiled. "Ah. It seems Altmo has broken free of his bonds. I apologize. I was saying that I was led to send you across the sea. I was informed that someone was there that could support you." He smiled at Elsa as he bowed and set a platter of tea and biscuits down on a table. "And it seems you have found her. Ni Hao, companion of Master Warring. That means 'Hello' in our language. I am Zhao, the master of this monastery. May I have the name of the Spirit of Storms' companion?"

David interrupted. "Altmo is free?"

Zhao chuckled. "Yes, Master Warring. I am sure you would like him to bond with you?"

David shook his head. "No."

Zhao raised an eyebrow silently.

"I need him to get the Arendellian and Northuldran Navies, and all the peoples of their continent, and blow them across the ocean. Elsa and I are formidable, but we can't be everywhere at once. Please ask him to get help."

"Very well, Master Warring." Zhao closed his eyes for a few seconds, breathing in and out steadily. After he opened his eyes, he smiled. "It is done. He will also send your words to the leader of the Arendellains and Northuldrans."

Last edited:
David softly explained where they were, and how he had come here before to train. Elsa briefly wondered what this sort of temple, a place full of monks, had to do with the spirits, but David mentioned that this was where he found God, and then it made more sense to her. He said then he returned home, in order to actually bond with his spirits, when Gronweld made his move.

Some of the monks returned with food and tea, and the one who introduced himself as Zhao came as well. He mentioned that he had already known of Elsa, and that he was somehow able to send David to find her. So this man knew what was going on, and what needed to happen, before things were even set into motion?

Before Elsa could respond and introduce herself, David interjected. One of the spirits was free, and Zhao asked if David wished to bond with it. David refused, asking instead that word be sent to Arendelle and Northuldra that the two of them needed some back up. Zhao agreed, and within only moments said that it was being done.

This caused Elsa to speak up at last. "You... You can communicate with the spirits, just like that?" She asked. Zhao had only closed his eyes, breathing quietly, and somehow sent word to Altmo to retreive their armies.

Zhao smiled. "Yes, companion of Master Warring. Though it is through no power of my own. As David relies on the power of the one and only Holy Lamb, so do I. This monastery is the source of the spirits' power. If this place were to not exist, then the spirits would not have any magical ability at all. I am the master of this monastery, serving the Lamb and all He represents. I am tasked with protecting this place, hence the monks training for combat outside. Many enemies have tried to find us, and more than one has succeeded and tried to take the source of Fredalia's spiritual energy. I'm sure you have a place like that on your continent."

He got up and looked outside at the mountain range surrounding them. "If you have bonded with your Spirits, then you must have also prayed to the One whom we speak of. After you prayed, you felt your spirits bonding with you, and the communication you had, yes? It is no different for me, but I have had decades to master it. And, before I was so rudely interrupted, what is your name?"

David sat silently, turning a little red from the embarrassment provided by Master Zhao.

Zhao explained his abilities, and how he was able to speak with the spirits through thought. It came from decades of having been with his spirits, and having lots of time to practice and advance.

The monk once again asked Elsa's name, admonishing David for interrupting earlier. With a small laugh, she watched as David turned red, covering her mouth and not wanting to embarrass him any further than Zhao's scolding had already done.

"I am Elsa," she replied. "Former Queen of Arendelle." She hoped that Zhao might have heard of Arendelle, but there was a small possibility that he hadn't, so she continued, "It's a small city on a fjord, across the ocean."

Zhao nodded. "Ah. Arendelle. I have not heard of it, in fact most of Fredalia believes we are alone on this planet. But with the appearance of your people to aid us in our upcoming battles should shake the people awake to realize the world is bigger than themselves." The old monk smiled, his crows feet creasing as his grin grew. "So, miss Elsa. You are the former Queen? Who rules now? And..." He waved his had as he poured himself some more tea, "if you have any questions, please, ask them. Do not hesitate. I am here to answer them as best as I can. More tea?" He gestured to pour her some more.

David smiled. He wanted to get to work, but if there was one thing Zhao taught him, it was that a tired, demoralized warrior was worse than an inexperienced one. They both needed this rest and relaxation, despite his anxiousness to start training immediately. He accepted the tea that Zhao offered after he offered Elsa hers, and ate some of the snacks that came with it. He sat back and relaxed, watching as his teacher and his...love? Interacted. Now that he thought about it, who was Elsa to him?

Elsa listened as Zhao explained that he hadn't heard of Arendelle. Fredalia had believed for so long that they were alone in the world, so it was unexpected to see someone from across the vast ocean. When he offered her tea, she gave a small nod and thanked him as he refilled her cup.

"They are now ruled by my younger sister, Anna," she explained. "I left my leadership in Arendelle to her when I went to join the spirits living in the forest, alongside the Northuldrans." Tucking a stray hair back, she glanced to David, who seemed to be trying his best to relax and take it all in. He was also giving her a strange look, as if contemplating something.

"I guess I might have a few things to ask," the Ice Queen continued. "How can I grow the bonds between myself and the spirits? They've lent me their power, but I feel like I've got a lot to learn when it comes to actually using it. I've only ever had myself to rely on. Well, and my sister of course. But now David's here, and I've seen how he can work seamlessly with his spirits."

David sat silent as Elsa explained the Arendellian Aristocracy, taking it all in. He kept going over in his head how he viewed Elsa, but something at the back of his mind kept telling him to leave it alone for now, and that he'd find out eventually. He couldn't help but think about it, though. Something took his mind off of the dilemma in his mind very quickly, and that was Elsa asking about the spirits. He was caught off guard by her mentioning him, and he deduced that she meant more than just his presence when she said, "Now David's here." He couldn't help but smile softly at that thought.

The meaning was not lost on Zhao either. He nodded slowly, his soft but steely brown eyes never leaving the Ice Spirit as she spoke. Once she was finished, he sipped his tea and nodded again, his eyes wandering across the carpet as he contemplated his answer. David saw the mischievous twinkle in his eye, but it was too late. Zhao looked up at Elsa and said with a dead-serious face, "How long have you two been married?"

Elsa awaited the man's answer, as Zhao took his time contemplating what to say. He glanced at the floor, his eyes tracing the edge of the rug laid over the wood. He sipped his tea and glanced back at the elemental, a strange look in his eyes.

"How long have you two been married?"

It took a moment for Elsa to process what he had said, since it didn't make sense to her at first. Her blonde brows furrowed slightly in confusion at the question, and she glanced sideways at David as if he held all the answers.

Wait... What?!

Then it sank in. Zhao had meant the two of them! "O-Oh!" Elsa said, averting her eyes from David's and quickly returning her gaze to Zhao. "No, no we're, we're not...." She had set her tea on the small end table beside her, waving her hands in front of her a bit, as if she could brush away the misunderstanding.

"I mean, David and I aren't married." The Queen replied, finally regaining her composure enough to form a complete sentence, though there was still a light dash of pink across her pale features.

David tried holding it in as best as he could, but the tension and humor proved too much to bear. He guffawed heartily, slapping his knee with his free hand and setting down the tea held in his other. Zhao smirked and winked at Elsa, a soft smile breaking forth on his face. "I assure, you, Miss Elsa, I was only friendily jesting." David shook his head, trying to catch his breath. "Zhao, you need to stop..." he said followed by a not-so-manly chuckle.

Zhao shook his head softly and looked at the Ice Spirit, the same soft smile adorning his features. "All joking aside, Miss Elsa, there is only one thing that can help you bond with your spirits further, and that is time. Since you had a relationship with your spirits already before bonding with them, your training should progress much faster than David's."

David nodded, the red flush disappearing from his face. "Since the spirits of Fredalia are part of what drives each nation, I didn't bond with my spirits until I came here. In fact, I didn't have a relationship with them until I came here. I heard the messages and prayers while I lived with the wood elves, but I truly came into a relationship with God after coming here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back