Other Are you writing anything?

grimmmy

holy work
I figure, on a RP forum, people like to write... right?

Are you working on a project? Poetry, creative fiction, nonfiction... Whatever it is, share! How long have you been working on it, why are you passionate about it, and what are your future goals?

If you don’t have a project but still enjoy creative writing, what would you like to write one day, if anything?

I'm gonna start a fanfiction based on a long term Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP that I've done (that may or may not still be going on. My partner is on hiatus............or gone now)

It stars a Teddiursa named Avery and a Mareep named Tesla. I'll either put it here on RPN, or I'll keep it offline........or put it on the fanfic site. I don't know though, because while this isn't the first story I've written, it's the first I've written on a large scale. Usually it's a short story that forms the basis of an RP, but never a large-scale story utilizing an RP as the guideline

Woah, a PMD RP!? I've been meaning to get into those, I've been having a hard time finding anyone for it.

As for what I've been writing, I have been meaning to get writing some short stories involving my character from PMD- Leon, Niko, and Gunslock. I do have a larger cast of character, but I've been focusing on the main team's perspective. Something like a Meet the Sniper or Meet the Medic kind of deal.

I've got story ideas running around in my head, but I've never managed to actually get any of them actually written down... I seem to struggle when it comes to full story ideas so usually I end up writing short little story things.

I figure, on a RP forum, people like to write... right?

Are you working on a project? Poetry, creative fiction, nonfiction... Whatever it is, share! How long have you been working on it, why are you passionate about it, and what are your future goals?

If you don’t have a project but still enjoy creative writing, what would you like to write one day, if anything?

If I want to be honest, I have written ideas for possible novels and poetry collections. However, I'm still working on my ability to stay committed to any project I begin. I have ADHD and I have it something fierce too.

I would love to write a story I call "Not the Hero" it is a novel about a man who is Christian who gets sent by God to a world where supernatural powers are the norm, he has to help save the world from the evil king but has no powers himself. He has to come to terms with his new life as he gives up his only chance to return to modern-day Earth.

Pretty much just RP's currently. I'm too preoccupied by course work to write much else.

Pretty much just RP's currently. I'm too preoccupied by course work to write much else.

I'm doing online courses at DeVry University. I joined to make something of my life, but still seem to have way too much free time, lol!

I am, actually! Well, kind of.

For context: I design games as a hobby. I don't do it for money or recognition, it's just something I love to do. Usually for me. Anyway! The game is a turn-based Strategy set in a fictional world with fictional countries. Themed in late 50's - early 60's Earth, you lead one nation to unify the rest. It sounds better when it isn't oversimplified!

Anywho, it's a short story about a naval conflict between two of those countries - loosely inspired on the HMS Hood combatting the Bismarck (fascinating story, would read again).

For context: I design games as a hobby. I don't do it for money or recognition, it's just something I love to do. Usually for me. Anyway! The game is a turn-based Strategy set in a fictional world with fictional countries. Themed in late 50's - early 60's Earth, you lead one nation to unify the rest. It sounds better when it isn't oversimplified!

You do a great favor to this world mate. I respect that.

Same as this good fellow I am writing for game I am working on :D working on three sides of a story.

I am, in fact, working on a novel with my friend.

We (believe) we are going to be calling it "Across the Riverbank." It's about a girl named Tess who grows up with a broken family. She one day escapes her home to go to the river. On the other side, is where the "upper class" people live. She is sick and tired of living her life on the "lower class" side so she decides to go across the river.

So that's basically what we have so far. We are still in very early production, still creating characters and stuff like that. I am very excited to see how this turns out though!

I do creative writing. Most of my writings are for self reading, but a few I've posted online. One was about an orphaned teenager who opens a closet that whispers to him. He finds himself in a world where the humans are anthropomorphic felines based on the genus Panthera. To fit in, the reality of this new world changes him from human to jaguar. In this world, his parents are alive and he has a younger brother. His counterpart in this other world, however, died as a small child. They bond together and reestablish the family that each has lost.

A couple of things. An epic fight between two of my characters I've been writing with since 2009 and I'm trying to convert a recent dream of mine to something that makes sense.

I'm not actively working on anything, but I do keep a journal of interesting quotes that I like to dissect and write about. If I had the patience, endurance, and confidence to, I'd love to write out a novel someday. I have a lot of ideas, but I tend to lose steam after fleshing out an outline and a few chapters. It feels like hopping from one project to the next.

Yes and No.

I have a collection of fictional works that are in various stages of completion (none even remotely close to being finished). They span across different genres from low fantasy adventure, to science fiction/space opera, to Fantasy Horror. I even have a bit of work on a Wild West Horror (but it's more of a Wyoming forest, and less of an Arizona desert Wild West). The ones that have enough content worth sharing are too... adult oriented, to share on this site. Not necessarily for sexy stuff (though some do have it). The stories generally sponsor a lot of really dark themes that are almost assured to upset the sensitivities of the patrons here. So for the sake of not getting myself banned, you'll just have to take my word for it. lol

I work on them back and forth depending on my mood. But I can't say that I dedicate enough effort into any one of them to truly say "I'm working on (insert story here)". More often than not, I wind up reworking any given idea so much that it splinters off into an entirely new idea. I'm probably never going to finish any of them.

I'm in the process of writing a book, and are at *least* a fifth of the way done with it. I have two full chapters I think and a bit more so yeah
It's gonna be more of a short story but there's a point to that cause I planned a sequel for it

Also I just read something from a few comments above with the dream thing
I'm also doing that, but it's more doing everything, and not just what makes sense
Let's just say there's a lot of murder in my dreams and a lot of torture and pain that I think would make great shorts

Anywho, it's a short story about a naval conflict between two of those countries - loosely inspired on the HMS Hood combatting the Bismarck (fascinating story, would read again).
You design games for fun as well? I do the same thing! I actually do have a couple of games I uploaded on mediafire to share with friends. The graphics are lacking, but they are fun to play!

As for writing, I've always been a creative writer. Since I was around 13, I've loved to write stories. Very recently I've decided to pick one of my old concepts, and actually develop it and write it for once. The story is about an average teenager named Alex who is bored and tired of his monotone life, after an accident happened in a local genetic laboratory, was exposed to some chemicals that gave him superpowers. Sounds kind of generic, but what I'm most passionate about are the characters. He has two main friends: Tommy, his best friend since he was a small kid, the typical happy-go-lucky guy who is always there for him, and Alice, a smart girl who dreams of becoming a scientist. She and Alex initially don't get along, but eventually they warm up to each other and become close friends.

So Alex suddenly sees his boring life changed forever as he now has to face new challenges, dangerous enemies, and save the city with his new superpowers, all while still handling his usual highschool life, and developing stronger bonds with his friends, and coming to terms with emotional issues that he has carried with him for years. I'm writing it in an episodic format, and I'm considering publishing the story on Wattpad once I've got enough episodes ready.

Haha. While I can't say I'm working on a specific project, I have a bunch of unfinished ones that I hop around adding to if I've a spark of inspiration. I can't seem stick to any single piece, and I keep creating more, which only makes it harder. (The current high score is fifteen chapters for a novel I wrote way back when as most don't even get a full page to themselves.) There are just too many good ideas out there and I've not enough energy or patience to write all of them.

I've been writing a Destiny/Fire Emblem: Fates crossover fanfic with StarryKnights StarryKnights , which itself is an adaptation of an RP we've been doing since April 2020.

You can read it here:

Luck of the Draw

Other than that, I'm also planning to independently write more fanfiction, and eventually my own original novel in the next few years.

Working on a fanfiction off and one called Haunted Howls. It's a Harry Potter fanfic. Currently this is the fanfic I am working on over my other one (Ionad). Also slowly working on the first of my book series but I've been working on that for at least a year or two now.

I need to get back into my pokmeon comic Aeon and thinking of turning my watership down fanfic into a comic as well.

RP wise I don't do much but am going to be rping with myself, just creating a few more characters to throw into the rp.

i've been working on an idea im hoping to turn into a bildungsroman/coming-of-age novel focusing on internalized homophobia and abandonment issues of the protagonist who is homeless/on the road with his two friends, though i've not been able to work on it in the last month due to lack of story.

i've been working on an idea im hoping to turn into a bildungsroman/coming-of-age novel focusing on internalized homophobia and abandonment issues of the protagonist who is homeless/on the road with his two friends, though i've not been able to work on it in the last month due to lack of story.

I feel this. Almost all of my novel ideas end up in limbo due to lack of plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back