• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Are you tired of sipping Crab Coladas? (Pirate RP) (Always Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Bermuda Island
75bca5c34e6a99e0a4c661afb6379892.jpg

Bermuda Island is also known as the Dead Man's Isle or Sea Dog Island. It's been said that anyone who has ever been on a pirate ship has washed up on this island if they ever ended up in that water and unable to get back on board. Walk the plank? Shipwreck? Blown overboard by a gust of wind? Should you survive the ravages of the sea, you will more than likely end up here. If the last place you touched was a vessel owned by a Sea Dog and ended up afloat, you are all but guaranteed to wash up here. Theories circulate, from Amphitrite granting mercy to those Poseidon didn't, to Davy Jones himself rejecting such a sorry soul from his ever-growing fleet of Ghost Ships. No one knows why. No one knows how. All they know is that, no matter how far away you are, this island is awaiting with its sandy beaches and sun-parched cliffside. Bermuda Island is........debatably better than staying afloat, debatably better than death. Debatably.

Many many things wash up on this island. Ship parts, ships in bottles, torn masts, body parts, barrels of fish, barrels of now useless gunpowder, fruits, beds. If you're lucky.......or unlucky, a treasure chest will wash up and if you're even luckier, it'll contain something that can stamp your ticket off the Devil's playplace for a second, or perhaps third chance at life, something that you'll need to use as fast as possible because whatever sadistic piece of divine shit made up this island got the idea to drain all magic. The Fountain of Youth is no better than the dirty well-water you drank as a wee child.

Though many things can wash ashore, there are only 2 things on this island that are a complete certainty: Crabs............ and Coconuts. They're about as certain as the sunrise/sunset, as certain as the sea is salty. Always there, always in supply, the ONLY things in constant supply. Feed on crabs. Feed on coconuts Eat up, chump. Hope you don't serve a god that keeps you from eating meat. Crabs and Coconuts are all you're gonna be eating and drinking besides Sea Water

Welcome to the hell you were warned about should you forget to repent
Tulik Tulik Shagranoz Shagranoz @_Zephyr_ Lefic Lefic

Galdurr has been on the island for a countless excursion of days. His once luxurious and well kept red and golden coat tattered, leaving him slightly annoyed. Being dunked in the water after being thrown overboard the Black Serpent meant all his flintlocks were useless until he cleaned out the stale and wet gunpowder and found new. At least he had his cut less and silver dagger. Renagog has put his quest for revenge on hold by somehow casting him to this accursed place. The man removed his coat and silently grumbled, casting a gaze skyward at the beating sun.

food wasn’t hard, at least. So he wasn't going to starve for all eternity. That wouldn’t of been enjoyable. Near the beach he planted himself down against a lightly flowing palm, hanging his head to allow his matted and filthy silver hair block the sunlight from ever reaching his eyes. His usually clean shaven demeanor now scruffed with the beginnings of a castaways beard. How he missed the luxury of his ship. The man closed his eyes for a brief moment, listening to the relaxing sounds of waves upon the sands of his prison without bars.

Perched on a group of rocks, Chen smiled as he stirred his sizzling food with a pair of chopsticks. After scouring the beach, he had managed to find a serviceable wok and some other rudimentary cooking utensils. It had taken him a long time, but he had also managed to find some cooking oil in a sealed cask that had not broken upon contact with the shore. After catching a few crabs and coconuts, he had begun to make a rudimentary stir fry. He had been on the island for only a few days, and didn't exactly have his bearings yet. The only thing he knew was that the island lacked formal civilization, and that it was quite literally covered with refuse from every one of the seven seas. He had no idea where he was, or if he was even still in the realm of earth. However, everything in a man's life depended on a full stomach, and even if he was in hell, he apparently needed to eat. The smell of cooking food gave him heart.

He looked over at the man who currently sat under a palm tree a little stretch down the beach. Chen had yet to see anybody else besides the single figure, who hadn't moved. Weighing his options, he decided to make a move and approach the individual. Grabbing the wok by the side handles, he walked over and sat down besides the palm. Chen had made many a friend over meals, hopefully this would be the same. He quickly looked the motionless castaway over with an inquisitive eye. Tall, with white hair and the start of a white beard. Strange, the man seemed both old and young at the same time. He was dressed opulently, although the red coat had obviously seen better days. Taking out a fork, Chen poked the man's arm with it and grinned widely. He decided to speak English, in which he was fluent, albeit with a slight accent.

"Good afternoon, brother. I couldn't help but notice you sitting by yourself. Would you care to join me for lunch?"

Perched on a group of rocks, Chen smiled as he stirred his sizzling food with a pair of chopsticks. After scouring the beach, he had managed to find a serviceable wok and some other rudimentary cooking utensils. It had taken him a long time, but he had also managed to find some cooking oil in a sealed cask that had not broken upon contact with the shore. After catching a few crabs and coconuts, he had begun to make a rudimentary stir fry. He had been on the island for only a few days, and didn't exactly have his bearings yet. The only thing he knew was that the island lacked formal civilization, and that it was quite literally covered with refuse from every one of the seven seas. He had no idea where he was, or if he was even still in the realm of earth. However, everything in a man's life depended on a full stomach, and even if he was in hell, he apparently needed to eat. The smell of cooking food gave him heart.

He looked over at the man who currently sat under a palm tree a little stretch down the beach. Chen had yet to see anybody else besides the single figure, who hadn't moved. Weighing his options, he decided to make a move and approach the individual. Grabbing the wok by the side handles, he walked over and sat down besides the palm. Chen had made many a friend over meals, hopefully this would be the same. He quickly looked the motionless castaway over with an inquisitive eye. Tall, with white hair and the start of a white beard. Strange, the man seemed both old and young at the same time. He was dressed opulently, although the red coat had obviously seen better days. Taking out a fork, Chen poked the man's arm with it and grinned widely. He decided to speak English, in which he was fluent, albeit with a slight accent.

"Good afternoon, brother. I couldn't help but notice you sitting by yourself. Would you care to join me for lunch?"
((I’m unaware of how we would like to proceed, whether wi quotes or @s. I’ll let you decide!))

Galdurr raised his head, turning to the prod against his arm. He had smelled the approach of food, but had chocked it up to his imagination, or some magic of the place he was marooned upon. When his silver irised eyes fell on the man who had brought the source of the smell. Galdurr didn’t speak, because he couldn’t, but he did smile at the stranger. A nod and he pushed slowly from the tree and turned his whole body to Chen as he took in the dark skinned features of the friendly figure. He wasn’t starving yet, but he wasn’t going to deny that the smell brought a slight growl from his stomach.

Galdurr then drew his name in the sand with his finger before pointing to himself. It was rudimentary, and it made him miss the crew that he could speak through back on the Black Serpent. Still, in the beginning he didn’t have anyone, and had to figure out ways to communicate just like this one. He gave Chen a warm smile before gesturing inquisitively to the wok. He knew the device, through they had never used one on his ship. It gave him a clue as to where this figure hailed from due to his cuisine types and cooking utensils. The only thing that mattered though? All food was good food. Galdurr then gestured to the unnamed figure who was offering to share his food with him with a single finger. Introductions should come easier for people. The curse, while having its helpful aspects? Was annoying as hell.

Chen was relieved when the man responded positively, moving to face him. Although the movements were slow and controlled, Chen could tell that the man knew how to handle himself. He had almost expected to be attacked. Chen watched as the figure, apparently mute, drew his name out in the sand. Galdurr? A strange name, but it was fitting for a strange man in an even stranger place. In all his days of adventuring, Chen had never seen a man with silver irises. Extending his arm, he shook Galdurr's hand, pronouncing the name with slight difficulty. Chen pointed at himself, then at the pot.

"An honor, Galdurr. My name is Chen Xiang but my friends call me Smiles. My apologies for the informality but I've yet to find bowls, so we'll have to eat directly from the cooking pot. I couldn't find anything besides crabs and coconuts, so that's all there is to it."

Taking out his chopsticks, Chen tasted some of the stir fry. Although he wasn't that used to cooking, he had picked up the basics from Sao, the best cook out of his adopted brothers.
He sighed. Even his untrained palate could tell that although the coconut meat went well with the crab, the dish lacked salt, in addition to a few other basic spices. But what were the chances of finding untainted spices floating in from the sea? Then again, he could easily make sea salt if he just spent the time evaporating sea water. Well, all in due time. He would worry about the details later. He gestured for Galdurr to eat.

(Usually I'd prefer @'s. It'll keep things from getting cluttered, and so we can tag multiple people without having to quote them.)

Galdurr committed Chen’s name to memory, and his nickname as well. Smiles either meant he was incredibly friendly, or it was ironic, and he was a rather ruthless individual. Considering he decided to share his food with a stranger Galdurr decided to go with the latter. Slowly he reached behind him and drew his silver dagger from the hidden sheath tucked in his trousers. He didn’t want to give Chen the idea that he was planning anything nefarious, so he held up his other hand as he revealed the blade. It wasn’t a food utensil, but it would have to do. Galdurr hadn’t spent much time searching the debris scattered about. He didn’t think he would find anything of value, but now that he was scooping the stir fry from the wok with his dagger? He might give the broken crates and barrels a once over. Luckily his blades, both the cutlass and dagger were heat treated when he had the chance to make sure if he had to cauterize a wound for someone they weren’t going to catch some nasty infection.

He had been stuck to eating raw or over a fire cooked crab, so he wasn’t going to complain. The variety was nice. As he ate Galdurr now has to figure out a way to communicate with Chen. The ritual that bonded minds to his couldn’t be done except in one place, and he didn’t have quill or ink or paper. He hadn’t thought to look for those things, because he had assumed he was alone here. Just another reason to give the wreckage a plunder. Galdurr gestured with the tip of the straight edged blade to the waves lapping at the shore before he resorted to simply dragging his finger in the sand again. It had been..what, a few days for him? If Chen was on the other side of the island when he showed upthwtwo could of been dancing around one another without him knowing it. After he had finished tracing his finger through the sand it only amounted to two words.

“how long?”

Chen watched as Galdurr reached behind and pulled out a dagger. Although his eyes remained friendly, Chen's left hand slowly began reaching down towards the handle of the meat cleaver he kept in a scabbard tied to his waist. He hadn't survived the sinking of The Stone Monkey just to be gutted by a marooned foreigner on a godforsaken island. When he saw that Galdurr was only using it to eat, he relaxed and released the handle. As they ate, it seemed that the other man was enjoying the food, which was quite pleasing. It felt good to be of use to someone else again. Sitting in the shade of the palm tree, Chen watched the beautiful turquoise waves lapping against the sand. Far above them, he heard a few seagulls screeching as they wheeled in circles. If he hadn't been marooned, it would have been a paradise. Where Chen was from, these kinds of beaches were nothing but fairy tale stories told by aged, drunken ex-sailors.
If only his brothers were with him to enjoy it.

After a few minutes, he noticed that Galdurr appeared to be deep in thought. The man soon took a finger and traced out a couple of words in the sand. Resting his chopsticks on the edge of the wok and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, Chen considered the question for a moment before answering. He pointed North, along the beach and over some rocks.

"About 3 days now. I washed up in a sandy little grotto over to the north side of the island. I spent the time since then walking south, down the beach, scavenging around all this junk and trying to determine where I am. I've been too cautious to enter the jungle by myself, it's too unfamiliar for me to go alone. What about you? How long have we been neighbors?"

Tulik Tulik

So he had been there about the same time. Galdurr furrowed his brow as his head dipped down, the train of thought spiraling. That couldn’t be a coincidence. People didn’t just show up on an island. Wash up almost perfectly fine. That was an anomaly in the first place, but both of them showing up nearly at the same time? Well, he wouldn’t dwell on it. Without all the information he couldn’t really speculate. Galdurr followed Chen’s pointing finger and nodded before answering in the sand.

“About the same. Strange, isn’t it?”

Galdurr finished enough for a small portion so as not to be rude. He didn’t need too much food, and he was used to giving to others on his crew. Not that Chen was, but he was friendly, and on a desolate island? That meant just as much. To keep the conversation going where he drew through the sand once more. He had a guess as to the answer of his question, but if this place was pulling people here, did that mean there was something greater going on? Or was it all a coincidence

“Where are you from?”

Short Round Short Round

Saen slithered her way out of the wreckage. The ship had gone down in rough weather, and she had coiled herself around a piece of wood to stay afloat. The island looked deserted, until she saw a few other souls she didn't recognize. Might as well make the most of it- going to be a while until I can make a raft, let alone a proper ship. Then, she saw two strangers. Heading up to them, she said, "Greetingsss. Might I ask who you would be?"

Galdurr didn’t notice at first that the woman wasn’t a sitha, and he grabbed for his cutlass at her approach. When she spoke he knew immediately that it wasn’t the case. sitha were mindless monsters. He released his grip on the hilt of his weapon. He wouldn’t assume this woman was afflicted, either. Due to the fact that people were pulled from different places. When she asked who he was he looked around for where he had written his name in the sand, only to discover that a high lap of the waves had washed it away. Galdurr rewrote his name in the sand for the woman with a curious smile.

Shagranoz Shagranoz

Before Chen had a chance to respond to Galdurr's question, he noticed movement out of the corner of his eye. As Galdurr reached for his cutlass, Chen instinctively reached for the broadsword he kept in a scabbard over his back and drew it with a loud rattle of steel. When he saw the speaker, his eyes widened in surprise. Slithering up to them was a Lamia, a mythical human/snake hybrid. Her long tail was ringed in a beautiful combination of red, gold and black. He had never seen one before in person. Seeing that she didn't appear to be aggressive, he sat down again and eyed her warily. Looking over, he saw that Galdurr was redrawing his name in the sand. Turning to the Lamia, he cautiously smiled at her.

"G-Good afternoon. My name is Chen. Chen Xiang. I'll leave my friend to introduce himself. He is unable to speak."

Elaera Gralog stumbled out of the jungle, sunlight glistening the sweat lining her muscled frame and plastering her hair to her face, frustration harshening her step so that her already-heavy tread escalated into a stomp that would have sent all the birds of the island flying from their perches, were there any in the first place. Elaera had gone out to hunt, trying to satiate the hunger she'd had for proper meat for the months since she'd washed up on this near-barren island, remarking again, for the umpteenth time that, "Thing empty." Her father had always told her to, 'Use your words, my flower; speak properly. I know you can. Language - it can be a beautiful thing, make it so,' in response whenever she'd say a phrase that was rather Orcish in its lexical ugliness and laconic nature. And when it came to singing and writing songs, she did so, but when she spoke, she tended to lean towards her mother's speaking style, 'blunt grunts' as her father would put it jokingly, albeit in a slightly more sophisticated manner. Though not for the same reason as her mother - Balgra Gralog's native tongue, Orcish, didn't translate gracefully into the common tongue, hence her grammar more closely matching that of unrefined Orcish, not due to a lack of intelligence, which was often thought. No, Elaera was fluent in the common language of the land - it was her first - but, for her, speaking like her mother was just so much easier, and using fewer words meant she was less likely to mess up, which was something nervousness made her wont to do around other people.

Spying a pine tree by the beach, Elaera lumbered over towards it, and, wrapping her large, veined hands around it, violently throttled it, sending coconuts plummeting down like cannon bombs. She leant down to pick one up, carrying it as she walked towards the turquoise sea. Using the crude spear she'd sharpened from wood for hunting - she'd figured that it'd make her harder to detect than her battle-mallet, though for a 6'5", hulking mass of a woman, it was hard for anything to make her less detectable - she bore holes into the three eyes of the coconut. Tipping her head back, she downed the coconut water, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand afterwards. Then, jamming her fingers in the holes, Elaera's arms tensed as she wrenched the thing apart, exposing the inner, white flesh of the coconut, and, peeling that away from the shell, starting chewing on that, her ivory tusks bobbing up and down with the movement of her jaw.

She stood on the edge of the water, letting it seep past her sandals. Her wide, loose, black trousers swayed in the wind with the long red sash tied about her waist. Elaera's linen shirt was originally white, though it was now stained yellow by sweat and brown by dirt. Slipping it off over her head, she rinsed it in the ocean and, laying down under the sun, spread out the shirt on her torso, not wanting sand to get stuck to it whilst it dried. Slinging a hand over her eyes, Elaera rested, letting the humming heat permeate into her body.

Galdurr had been already startled two times by strangers. He wasn’t to be done again by the third. Though at least this time the person...person? Hadn’t come directly to him. The echo of vibration that came from the massive form of number three had caught his attention. If he was capable of sleep before Chen had found him? Those rumbles would of stirred him awake. He watched the large form set it’s strength on a tree not to far, and for a moment had it not been for the color of Elera’s skin? Galdurr would of believed she was related to Rook. It was an interesting order of things that the woman had rocked her way onto the beach while the others where there too. Holding a conversation with anyone was difficult for him, but a back and forth between three people would of been more trouble for him without the ability to connect his mind to theirs. So he slowly pushed himself up off the ground. Gave a nod towards the direction of the orcish woman, and then gave a wave to the two of them. He was incredibly interested in everyone that was showing up. The variety of them made him miss his Afflicted ran crew of the Black Serpent. He hoped they were okay. He gave Chen a small bow from the waist as a thank you to the food he had given him and then began his approach towards Elera.

As he got closer the features of the woman became more clear. Another being he hadn’t seen from the seas that he sailed, and Galdurr was aged, though he didn’t look it. His tattered red coat would of given her easy warning of his approach if. It for the massive arm she flung over her eyes. While he never attempted to be silent? Silence came to him easy. He could of been walking on the freakiest planks and his footfalls wouldn’t of made much noise, so the soft crunch of the sand beneath his boots? Even softer. He came within maybe six feet. While Galdurr didn’t lash out when he was disturbed, that didn’t mean everyone would be the same.

Looking at the woman He could tell she wasn’t a mindless ruffian either like his initial thought of the Lamia woman, and while Galdurr himself made little noise that didn’t mean he didn’t know how to. The man slipped his hand into the basket guard formed in the shape of a black coiled snake and drew his blade a couple inches from its sheath. The sound created a silver scrape of metal that was easily distinguishable against the roar of ocean, lapping of waves, and sounds of ambience on the island. Galdurr also released the blade and let it clack back into its sheath while giving this woman a warm smile. He wasn’t going to let the first thing she saw when she looked at him to be Galdurr standing over her with his hand on his weapon.

Lefic Lefic

Last edited:
Elaera slowly started to regret draping her wet shirt over her - the water was now soaking into her silk vest she wore underneath, and it'd make the fabric stiff and uncomfortable against her skin. Sighing, she let the worry flow out of her. Comfortable clothes are the least of my concern on a deserted island, she thought. The worry that stuck with her, though, was: How am I going to get out of here? Though she'd gotten by quite well these past few months - she had her own shack built in the forest, and scavenging the seashore had found her some quite useful tools - she was getting sick of crab. When it came to seafood, she preferred fish, squid, and octopus, and only the coconuts were stopping her from going insane. It even got to the point where she stopped thinking about baked goods as much - something she loved as much as her father loved the sound of his own voice - and instead was obsessed with meat. Oh, she'd kill for a pig roast.

Elaera felt the sun cease its barrage of heat against her face, meaning only one thing - shade. The shade couldn't have been from a tree, no, they were too far back and trees didn't move. Living things moved, and living meant meat. Perhaps a brave boar had followed her out of the jungle? Her muscles tensed for a second, then she sprung to her feet, as quick as a cat, mallet already clenched in her fist, raised high, ready to swoop down on --

A man.

Her arm stiffened, hovering in the air. She didn't eat men. Or women. Elaera inspected the figure before her. A human, she realised. She hadn't seen one of those in ages. Her spirits soared when she realised this meant the return of social interaction, then plummeted when she realised this meant the return of social interaction. With a start, Elaera realised she was still holding the mallet threateningly above the man's head, and lowered it sheepishly to her side, yet still held her hammer's hilt with an iron grip. Her shirt on the sand jumped to the forefront of her mind, and she quickly ducked down and dusted it off, slipping it over her head, the shirt now mostly-dry and mostly-white. Elaera observed the stranger. He was so... white. His hair, his eyes, his skin. To her, it looked like he'd been sucked of all colour. She was about a head taller than him, and quite a bit wider. Such was the case with most non-Orcs. Elaera, only being a Half-Orc, was actually shorter than most Orcs, but she was hardly with Orcs, so to everybody, she was tall. She wished she weren't though; it made her stand out too much.

She stood in silence for an awkward moment before realising that she was probably meant to say something at this point. Her long, pointed ears, adopted a dark green hue. "Elaera!" she shouted, her name slipping out too loudly as her voice stumbled to make herself known as quickly as possible. Trying to appear less threatening, the woman forced a smile, but this came across as a snarl, exposing her tusks more fully. "Me no--" she started, then corrected her language. "I won't do you harm," she said in a strained voice, deep and gravelly.

Tulik Tulik

Last edited:
Galdurr wasn’t surprised when Elaera was on her feet the moment she noticed him. Stranded, surrounded by the unknown, and potential threats made for tense moments. When she bore over him ready to crush the small man Galdurr didn’t move. Not out of fear, or some knowledge that he knew she wouldn’t smash him into the sand beneath them. Galdurr simply didn’t mind the threat against his life. Not that he wouldn’t of retaliated, of course, if she had pursed the train of thought “attack” after the initial startle, but Galdurr had made more friends by letting them wail on him first than conversing with them. He also knew she was a woman now, since she jumped to defense rather than modesty first, though the orcish woman quickly seemed to find it after coming to realizations of her own.

Galdurr was both used to looking up at people, and down. At being the most ominous creature in a room and the meekest looking one. He judged no books, as his crew had been comprised of the cursed, the castaway, the looked down upon. He knew monstrous behavior from people was a learned trait. Violence was possible in any humanoid, but to truly be a monster wasn’t based on how large you were, though Elaera could definitely of crushed his bones with one bear hug if she wanted too. When she shouted her name at him Galdurr flinched only slightly from the abrupt loudness before a grin crossed his face and he let out a silent laugh. His eyes searched her expression, the clear blush of her green skin around her green ears. Her attempt at the smile that didn’t seem to come naturally to the woman.Was he standing before a gigantic wallflower? When her speaking demeanor changed he came to his own conclusion that Elaera was either putting on a front, or came from a place that had its main form of communication in action, not word.

Galdurr had drawn his silver knife again. Communicating was going to be his crux if he couldn’t speak to anyone in any manner. He had to try the ritual, and even though he wasn’t at the alter of Renagog, perhaps whatever unknown force drew these individuals to the same island would allow him to form a bond between these people. So he held out his hand, palm up and drew his dagger across his flesh with a smile. Black blood oozed from the wound immediately, and then the man held his wounded appendage out to Elaerawhile offering his dagger, handle first to the large orcish woman. The mixing of blood connected the people of the crew of the Black Serpent with their captain, and while the ritual was usually saved until they had proven themselves worthy crew members? Galdurr didn’t have that luxury here.

like everyone he missed the interactions. He didn’t realize he would until he was stranded here, alone until today.Galdurr wondered if his silver dagger would even penetrate her skin. He let his eyes drift to her form now that she had covered herself. He was a pirate, not a pervert. Without touching the orcish woman he wouldn’t of been able to tell, having never seen a creature like Elaera before. Just how far out from the Calamity sea had Galdurr been cast? He was staring at her well muscles and massive forearm as he got lost in the train of thought. He knew the process would be strange looking, and probably draw a wary response, but he didn’t really have much choice.

Lefic Lefic

She didn't fail to notice that he hadn't introduced himself in return, leaving her a bit embarrassed. Awkwardly, Elaera pulled the ribbon out of her ponytail, allowing her salty, scruffy, tangled hair to fall down, mostly covering her long ears, concealing the main indicator of her abashed state. Then, her attention was caught by the glint of the silver knife shining in her eye, drawing attention to the inky blood oozing from his hand. Her eyebrows furrowed. What's wrong with him? Could there maybe be a race with black blood?

Elaera stared ahead as she thought, looking worryingly motionless. She could figure out what the man wanted from his actions - that much was clear. But why? For what purpose? In her mother's culture, this was a Blood Promise, and was very common. Perhaps he had once visited an Orc stronghold in his life - he was likely a pirate after all, and pirates travelled - and figured that this was a way he could make a truce with her? She didn't know exactly what the reason was, but, as a pushover, she really was unlikely to deny any request that she could reasonably carry out. So, taking the blade, she sliced a line across her palm, leaving a ribbon of bright red blood behind, and held out her hand, looking down at her feet.

Tulik Tulik

Galdurr was immediately surprised at the lack of skepticism in the woman. He gave her another curious look as she took the blade and did as he. Though her body language made it seem like she might not want to do it. He thought he had the the woman figured out, but she quickly proved him wrong. Still, if he wanted to explain himself? He had to. Or at least, he hoped as such. He placed his hand in hers, and Galdurr couldn’t help but smile at the size of her large mitt compared to his. She could crush every bone in his hand...he needed to stop dwelling on her crushing his bones. He let their blood intermingle, and while he could not perform the ritual fully, Galdurr could do the first part of it. Instead of shaking her hand, he turned his and laced his fingers with hers. It wasn’t an agreement, it was a bond. Of friendship, of trust, and companionship. He gave her hand a small squeeze before closing his eyes and reaching out to her mind.

the connection of familiarity was formed almost instantly, and a breath of relief washed through him. He felt her presence in his mind. The woman invaded his subconscious, and whenever she was near? He would know. Which meant one thing. He reached out into Elaera’s mind. He couldn’t read it, of course, but he could implant his voice there. A smooth and nuanced voice filled her head, sharing the space of her inner thoughts, and Galdurr let out another silent laugh of happiness.

“hello there.” He started, the influx of his voice filled with glee. “Please pardon the intrusion, and strange request. I’m afraid this is the only way I can communicate to people. I’m Galdurr. It’s a pleasure to meet You, Elaera.”

Lefic Lefic

For the second time in as many minutes, Chen's eyes widened in surprise as a veritable giantess crashed through the jungle and appeared near the group. He couldn't see much from the distance, but the figure's intimidating size, green skin, and apparently monstrous strength were quickly made clear. He almost forgot about the Lamia that had just stepped out of the water. Once again, his hand had strayed to his broadsword as he found himself gazing at another fairy tale. Once again, he relaxed as Galdurr stood, bowed for the food, and walked over to the woman.

Chen was quite amazed; apparently, Galdurr felt no fear. Still sitting under the palm tree, he observed the man's interaction with the woman from afar. They were... cutting themselves? No, they appeared to be forming a blood pact. But why so soon? His eyes narrowed; did they know each other? Remembering the other new guest, he turned around. Distractedly, he offered the wok, still filled with an admirable amount of crab and coconut, to the Lamia. He didn't know what the race usually preferred to eat, but it was all he had at the moment, and he hoped that she would understand the action as a peaceful one.

"Please, eat if you are hungry. None of us mean you harm, at the moment."

Shagranoz Shagranoz

Elaera was confused, and awkwardly tried to shake his hand as he laced his fingers with hers. The wound on her palm stung, but she had had far worse wounds in her life. What is this - hand-holding? Nervousness pooled in her stomach, sending sweat leaking out of her palm, not helping with the pain of the cut. Whenever she was nervous, she tended to clench her fists. She started to do this, but quickly restrained herself when she became aware that she might break something in his hand.

Then a voice that wasn't hers sounded out within her thoughts, and Elaera jumped back like a cat, ripping her hand away from the stranger, and staring accusatorily at his smiling face. Was this a trick? Elaera snapped her head towards her left, then her right, and saw two people standing a fair distance away from them, too far away for the voice to be theirs. The woman narrowed her sharp, Elf-like eyes further. Could he be a skilled ventriloquist? Or maybe being on this island for too long really had driven her insane - it could be that this man didn't even exist! But... Judging from her feeling of lucidity, Elaera heavily doubted that. Though her own magical ability didn't work on this island - though she disliked using it unless it was absolutely required - perhaps his did? The blood pact did seem rather ritualistic, and Elaera did work out that he was probably a mute.

Suspiciously, Elaera purposely thought of the rudest thing she could think of, and gauged his reaction, trying to figure out whether or not he could read her mind. With no obvious response, she relaxed, or at least relaxed as much as she could around another person, which wasn't that much.

At his introduction, she nodded brusquely, and replied, "Good meeting. I am Elaera," then mentally slapped herself upon remembering that she'd already introduced herself. Trying to play it off, she kept a straight face and attempted to stare ahead confidently, which, considering her resting face, just looked like she was scowling directly at him. Desperately not wanting to come off as unfriendly, Elaera tried to say as much as she could, though it was a gargantuan effort for her to confidently say anything, nevertheless actually come up with what to say in the first place. After a pause, she disjointedly replied to every aspect of what Galdurr had said: "Um... The intrusion is p-pardoned. Strange request, too. Me... Umm.... Sorry you can only speak through blood pact. You are welcome for meeting... me?" Her voice started out jarringly loud then faded to a mouse's whisper, awkwardly lurching up in volume whenever she realised she was speaking too quietly, then diminishing as confidence seeped out of her. She winced at her terrible attempt at communication which contained not one useful piece of information, though this, like almost everything else she did, looked on the surface like another sign of aggression. I should have stayed quiet, she decided. She pursed her lips as though blocking any more words from escaping. Not that this was needed - the Elf-Orc spoke more to herself than she did to others. Her father had even written a song about his daughter's retincence, she recalled, calling himself 'The Bard' and her, 'The Barred'.

Tulik Tulik

"Thank you," Saen responded with a touch of grace. Politeness cost you nothing and could well earn you your life, after all. As she ate the meal, she smiled. "You are an exccceptional chef, good sir. But have you considered how we are to get off thisss bloody rock?" A thought came to her. "My apologies for not introducccing myssself. I am Saen."

Galdurr remembered the first time he made the pact. He hadn’t know how it would work, or what it entailed. He remembered the shock. He closed his eyes as she leapt back, startled once more, and a flood of emotions washed over him and his features as he regaled the memories that had come so long ago. He let out a breath he had been holding a few moments later and opened his eyes slowly. He watched her as she worked out her own thoughts, coming to her own conclusions. He wasn’t going to bombard her mind with a voice that wasn’t hers right away. Let her come to terms with it. When he saw the tension in her muscles relax he lowers his gaze to his cut palm, running the thumb of his other hand over the wound softly. He allowed himself to focus on the stinging sensation for a moment before her words brought his attention again.

“I have had the unfortunate circumstance of angering a being far more powerful than myself.” Galdurr explained as he held out his uninjured hand to her. “She cursed me. Might I have my dagger back? Don’t worry, I’m not your head. Seeing your eyes burn daggers into me is very familiar, as well.”

the second time she spoke the loudness of her voice didn’t startle him. He wasn’t the type to be caught off guard by the same thing twice. Though he was curious about the fluctuation of her voice. It was as if she didn’t speak much to anyone. Was she so intimidating where she is from that people gave her a wide berth, not giving her the chance to interact with them? He couldn’t tell if she was purposefully trying to intimidate him, or if this was her natural demeanor given to her over a lifetime.

“I am happy for meeting you.” Galdurr said softly in her mind. “You’ve given me the ability to speak again. You have no idea how happy that makes me. Thank you.“ He smiled warmly, showing that her brutish outward appearance was as welcome before him as if they had grown up together. “I apologize for startling you twice now.”

Lefic Lefic

Chen laughed and tried not to stare at Saen's tail. "It as an honor, sister Saen." What an interesting day. Taking his sword scabbard off of his back, he rested it front of him while watching Saen eat. She seemed to be enjoying it. The others would never believe that he had cooked stir fry for a magical half snake/human when he told them! He snorted, lazily gesturing at the food. "This? This is just three things thrown together in a pot. You should see what my brother Sao can do with food, it's almost-". Suddenly, Chen remembered that he didn't even know if his brothers were still alive. He had washed up on the island alone, with nothing but the corpses of some of the Stone Monkey's crewmen. It caused him to stop talking. For all he knew, his brothers were dead, or worse, captured by the local port authorities. He had managed to put them out of his mind for the time being, but he'd accidentally brought them back into his thoughts. Quickly plastering a smile back onto his face, he shrugged. "I had a good teacher, and I'm glad you like it."

Turning his attention to Galdurr and the other stranger, Chen rubbed his chin. Flicking his sword out of its scabbard with his thumb, he let it slide back with a rasp and a click. "To be honest, I don't even know if I'm alive, or if this is all some elaborate dream. I've no idea where we are. This place almost seems magical. As for getting off, I suppose we could try fixing one of the countless shipwrecks littering the island. But with only four, it would take forever. Not to mention we wouldn't even know where to head."

Shagranoz Shagranoz

Asmund Adonis
Seas outside Bermuda Island​

"LAND HOO!!" The declaration stirred Adonis from his sleep. Hair ruffled, drool on his pillow, yanked from an excellent dream. "Ugh......." he muttered gruffly. Was it all worth it? The man rolled out of bed......literally, he rolled until he rolled out of bed and the shock of hitting the floor was his actual wakeup call. Standing from the floor, he grabbed a comb and ran it through his hair. Then he grabbed some clothes and put them on. One of the benefits of being a captain is being able to sleep completely bare since he could lock his chamber doors.

He made his way out to the deck and relieved his night watch leader, who went back to her own chambers with a nod of gratitude. The land-spotter pointed out the land and the ship steered toward it. It was visible to the entire coast of this island. "Bermuda Island.........." It's been forever since Asmund has left this island, but he was tracking down a treasure that was lost when they destroyed an enemy ship. Anything lost on a ship would more than likely end up on Bermuda Island. One of these pirates had his loot and he was gonna get all of it back. "Gear up, my dogs. We're about to land on Bermuda Island. To those who have ended up here before, welcome home. To those who haven't, try to keep it that way."

Elaera just nodded in reply, then hastily thrust the silver dagger into Galdurr's hand, mentally chiding herself for forgetting to do it sooner. She looked again to the other two figures standing a distance away, wondering when they'd arrived, and wondering how she'd never noticed them before in her months on the island. Elaera was about to say something else when something in the water caught her eye, and she fully turned around to face it. Something was disrupting the blue sea and sky. She couldn't believe her eyes. "Ship?" she said quietly to herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back