• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Are you tired of sipping Crab Coladas? (Pirate RP) (Always Open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Melody Treasure

She was trying to hold back her worries, as Fergie asked her what was wrong.
she let out a sob “I’m scared, I’m fucking terrified. I don’t wanna die I don’t want to be alone. I can be brave I can be a loose canon but right now I don’t want to die before I get to make friends before i get to see my sister again….shes the one who gave me the pendant and right now….I feel like I’m about to lose my mind” she had let out the word vomit and it came out as a sob, she kept trying to wipe away her tears she kept trying to sound strong but she couldn’t this time “you all know and trust each other, I’m new and know nobody here!“ she had felt her legs get shaky she fell on her knees and cried.

WayfaringWaaksian WayfaringWaaksian

Avery Valencia
Conference Room

"So, has the mood set in?" This was the voice of their illustrious captain. Not Avery's love interest captain, but the captain of that captain. Oh geez, Avery thought. He's about to rip me a new one. He made himself look the fool. Damond was gonna cease training him for this harsh display of weakness. "Good. That's what I need." Avery's eyes widened, the verbal lashing NOT coming catching him off guard. "Let me be clear," Adonis said, "Avery was not ordered to do ANY of this. He called all of us in of his own volition and made that appeal of his own volition. I of course will not tell you why I chose him, but I will make it clear that him doing this definitely grinds on one of the reasons why." So as per the usual, Adonis seemed to make the right decision, yet again per the usual, they weren't gonna know why until they uncovered it themselves. "Avery, have some faith in your company's faith. Not a single one of us here has anything more than healthy skepticism."
"Aye. We gotcha, Avery." sigh. The voice of his actual love interest captain. Oh, to hear that beautiful blue text. "We've had many long talks. We work on weaknesses and compensate in the meantime. Give us your plan."
"What you've said so far sounds good, Raid Captain Avery," Demi offered
"You're a good kid, Avery," Ash said with her signature grin, "I know first hand the hell you put Mama Bear through when we spar. You've got a brain in that head of yours."

Everyone's words of support were overwhelming. It lifted Avery's spirits more than ever. I'm thankful for supportive leaders, he thought. If he could command the leadership, he wouldn't need the support of the individuals. Even if they disrespected and beat HIM, they wouldn't have the pair to bare their teeth at the leadership under his command. With this...........maybe......... His confidence bolstered, he proceeded. "I apologize if it seemed like I doubted your loyalty or your ability, and I hope that you do not doubt me more than necessary." His tail raised. Even at max confidence, the humility that radiated from him was apparent. The trust he was putting into his crew was absolute. "Request for Information: Are we in range of the ruins?"
"We will be there in 30 minutes."
No time for hesitation then. 30 minutes to get phase one out to the crew. "I need Fergie back in here." His more experienced right hand had no time for back-briefs. "Tell Melody that I'm grateful for her words. She will get a feel for how things work and, if desired, she can guard the ships."

-----------------------------------------------------

The meeting began in earnest at at this point.

"So, Captain Adonis, I need the ruins revealed ASAP when we're in range. I want only The Canine for scouting, and the other 2 to breach the clouds and go below. I want a Mystic or Seer on every ship to feed information to." Fatimah was the Mystic on the main ship. Some unnamed boy will be on the second, and some genderless beast or a blob or something will be on The Caboose "I'm gonna send a crew of Demi and all our available scouts to survey the land from the skies. Elaina, you will be doing a special task."
"Can't wait. What will I be doing?"
"Captain Adonis, is Evangeline nearby?"
"She is not, I'm gonna call for her and send her in." The captain of captains responded
"Wait, I'm working with Evangeline?" One could hear the disappointment in Elaina's voice.
"Yes. There is something I have to charge Evangeline with, and as the best eyes in the Basenjis, you're best for the job."
Elaina didn't seem impressed. "Why can't you put someone else with Evangeline?"
"Yeah, and I'll spit on her while I'm at it," Avery retorted. Unlike with the rest, his interactions with Sebas's circle seemed more genuine. That circle, of course excluding Fergie and Bogrum. "It's nothing too out there for you."

Avery's goal was as followed. I'm not typing this shit out as dialog, so this is how Avery explained it to the crew:

Since the area was 20 Sq miles of land, Avery figured that there would be camp sites or maybe fortress walls or watchtowers. So with Demi and the crew surveying the land, if those things were noticed, they would be marked and they would send out a strike team to take them down. THOSE locations would be where Avery wanted to plant the ships. There would be a Basenji camp as well as a flank zone if the castle ended up surrounded (assuming it has camp sites around the castle). Avery wanted as much ship action as possible before it was time to deploy the ground team. At the ultimate ideal, they would carve a path using only ship fighting, but he would admit that this was unlikely, so the next best was use as much ship tactics as possible because, when utilized at its best, this castle siege would be at its most similar to a ship raid, and the most pirates would be available to raid that castle. With that in mind, while carving out a path to the castle, each of the 3 ships would provide close air-support. With a technologically inferior enemy, air superiority was a given unless there was a dragon, which Avery did warn about, given that there was a dragon EGG. In THAT case, the ground team would be on their own while the ships deal with the dragon

All of this would be done to carve a path into the castle. It was necessary to conquer the land around it to prevent any kind of escape or rallying of the troops. Plus, they had to establish sites to bring injured troops to, as well as feed info to the troops in real time as they fought.

Once inside the castle, things get a bit dicey. At that point, there is no real way to command. Most castle walls were enchanted with anti-magic. Nothing magic-related could pass through the walls. This was to prevent teleportation in and around the castle. With that in mind, communication from within the castle was impossible. From there, they would need to lead by the cuff, with the ship crews charged with guarding.
WayfaringWaaksian WayfaringWaaksian Emira Blight Emira Blight

Last edited:
A new recruit realizing the gravity of their situation before crumbling underneath wasn't an uncommon sight. Ex-soldiers contending with the chaotic and self-destructive nature of the pirate life, folks who picked up their first weapon before facing their first brushes with death on the battlefield. Melody was neither of these specifically, which was the curious thing. Her entire aura read pirate, yet here she was, tearing at the seams in the face of her new circumstances. She said she didn't want to die before making friends. Had whatever taken her to Dead Man's Isle not extend the same grace to her last crew? Was it the fear of dying alone?

Fergie grit her teeth. Couldn't 've been a pirate long. Still, she was in no place to shatter her hopes. Basenjis weren't Ballasts. Calling them generous was being... generous, but they weren't callous or cruel. So she would handle this how a Basenji ought to.
After checking both ends of the corridor and finding them alone, Fergie crouched so she was eye-level with Melody. "We're askin' a lot of you. We do need your help, but if this be too much, your help's better spent elsewhere." It was a really nice way of saying "no way we're putting your ass out in the front lines". Forget Adonis, what was SHE thinking? Putting this fresh meat right on the front end of battle? Fergie should have read the room better and saw that Melody wasn't in the right mind for this from the start. "Ye ain't weak. If you ended up on Dead Man's Isle in the first place, let alone gettin' off in one piece, you're anything but weak. Ain't a matter of that." She tried to nip that insecurity in the bud before it grew into something that would stunt her later. "You've been through hell and back. Take a step back. We'll help ye take things in slower."

Avery coming through her comms supported her point. She repeated what he said to her to Melody. "We'll get more into it aft' the meeting. Will ye be alright to keep guard?"

Emira Blight Emira Blight

--

Whatever Melody answered with, Fergie had to get back inside before she missed the important bits. When she returned to Avery's side, the atmosphere of the room was noticeably lighter, his mood in higher spirits. She allowed herself some relief. How the tension got resolved she'd have to pester Bogrum about later. Now business can continue as usual... relatively.

They took in Avery's plan in the pieces it came in. When Bogrum had a chance, he asked, "Is there anything we can expect to face from the enemy once we're inside, or at least have a reasonable chance of facing?" He knew there were 100 men, possibly consisting of the king himself, his Grand Mage, a beast tamer, and not much else beyond that. "Or are the surviving texts of this castle too vague for anything beyond speculation?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

A new recruit realizing the gravity of their situation before crumbling underneath wasn't an uncommon sight. Ex-soldiers contending with the chaotic and self-destructive nature of the pirate life, folks who picked up their first weapon before facing their first brushes with death on the battlefield. Melody was neither of these specifically, which was the curious thing. Her entire aura read pirate, yet here she was, tearing at the seams in the face of her new circumstances. She said she didn't want to die before making friends. Had whatever taken her to Dead Man's Isle not extend the same grace to her last crew? Was it the fear of dying alone?

Fergie grit her teeth. Couldn't 've been a pirate long. Still, she was in no place to shatter her hopes. Basenjis weren't Ballasts. Calling them generous was being... generous, but they weren't callous or cruel. So she would handle this how a Basenji ought to.
After checking both ends of the corridor and finding them alone, Fergie crouched so she was eye-level with Melody. "We're askin' a lot of you. We do need your help, but if this be too much, your help's better spent elsewhere." It was a really nice way of saying "no way we're putting your ass out in the front lines". Forget Adonis, what was SHE thinking? Putting this fresh meat right on the front end of battle? Fergie should have read the room better and saw that Melody wasn't in the right mind for this from the start. "Ye ain't weak. If you ended up on Dead Man's Isle in the first place, let alone gettin' off in one piece, you're anything but weak. Ain't a matter of that." She tried to nip that insecurity in the bud before it grew into something that would stunt her later. "You've been through hell and back. Take a step back. We'll help ye take things in slower."

Avery coming through her comms supported her point. She repeated what he said to her to Melody. "We'll get more into it aft' the meeting. Will ye be alright to keep guard?"

--

Whatever Melody answered with, Fergie had to get back inside before she missed the important bits. When she returned to Avery's side, the atmosphere of the room was noticeably lighter, his mood in higher spirits. She allowed herself some relief. How the tension got resolved she'd have to pester Bogrum about later. Now business can continue as usual... relatively.

They took in Avery's plan in the pieces it came in. When Bogrum had a chance, he asked, "Is there anything we can expect to face from the enemy once we're inside, or at least have a reasonable chance of facing?" He knew there were 100 men, possibly consisting of the king himself, his Grand Mage, a beast tamer, and not much else beyond that. "Or are the surviving texts of this castle too vague for anything beyond speculation?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Melody Treasure

She nodded and stood up, she guarded the room on the inside and she had stiffen up, she won’t show weakness again not ever, she had turned stone faced and she listened to the plan, she looked at Adonis and she did a salute towards him. She had soon gone at ease and she seemed cold and unforgiving in a way as she stood stiff and still, the only way to know she had cried was her puffy eyes.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 WayfaringWaaksian WayfaringWaaksian

Avery Valencia
Conference Room

"It's too shrouded in mystery," Avery responded. "There is no records about the specifics of the 100 men, only that they are 100 of his best soldiers. The roles and layout is unknown." Those records were highly likely to be inside of the castle, but if there were camping sites, they could gleam information and maybe piece together the layout. "The records show a Dragon Tamer, The Grand Mage, Azure his daughter, her 5 year old son." He looked at the table before him. "It's gonna be more than 100 enemies. There is indications of the King's Secret Service going with as well. Layout unknown. All we know is that, according to public history of King Hemhart, he had a secret service which served as a hybrid of assassins and inquisitors. It is unknown how together they are........" Together as in how fused their workload was or if assassins and inquisitors were different people or the same. "..........but we need to air on the side of caution and assume that they are separate." If they were the same, the Grand Inquisitor would also be the Master Assassin.

"The Grand Inquisitor was a man by the name of Tuyon Odinel," Elaina perked up. With that information, all eyes were on her. "A ruthless man who also used to serve as the King's Executioner, doing public executions. If Tuyon decided to go on a raid, every suspect was dying. He didn't believe in capturing heretics. That being said, I have done enough research to conclude with 90% certainty that he is a vampire. True Blood." That would cause many problems. He bites a member of the crew, they'd need to be cured on the spot........or put down. True Blood Vampire referred to a vampire by birth instead of vampire by affliction. "All records of the King's Secret Service are considered a matter of national security, and kept under tight lock and key...........and that's if they weren't torched before the kingdom became lost."

"So we're looking at a secret service of unknown size,"
Avery responded, deep in thought. "That's good to know. We'll need those scouts to remain vigilant. Maybe we'll have to take a drastic initiative." He was thinking maybe nuking a few spots to weed some of them out. "I'll wi-" He didn't get to finish that thought as..........

Evangeline Appears

...........A bright flash of light engulfed the room, burning the eyes of everyone in the room. As it dimmed, Evangeline walked out of it, where it then receded completely. She looked over the group with righteous fire in her eyes. "I was told to come here," she said, disdain evident in her voice.
"Indeed. I asked for you," Avery responded. Everything was good until those furious eyes turned to him. Immediately, the hackles on his back raised and he had to fight to keep his intimidation from showing. "You have a special task in this raid."
"What do you want, catboy?" Evangeline spat, readying to leave
"Evangeline." It was Laylah, and she looked annoyed. "If you're gonna show up in the middle of a meeting, at least show Avery some respect."
Evangeline didn't back down and held Laylah's wrathful glare. "YOU show this feline some respect. He's not getting any from me." She turned back to Avery, "Now what do you want?"
Laylah slammed her fist on the table, the hand trembling. It opened to push off the table as Laylah began to stand up. The woman's wrath was suffocating. She was about to unravel. "God, the deadly sin of wrath is leading me into temptation. Give me strength..........."

Avery tried to intervene. "I-I-It's fine, Dr. Laylah," he stammered, his words becoming harder to get out. "I'll give Evangeline the task and send her on her way."
"You have no authority to send me anywhere." Evangeline retorted to him

The air became palpable with tension this time. An angry Laylah was a force no one in this room ever experienced. What could anyone try to say to disarm? This meeting is going horribly, Avery thought. The guy wanted to turn into a cat and dart out of this room. Sebas would absolutely know what to do. Adonis knows, but no one in that crystal ball is saying anything

Melody Treasure

She had stepped in front of Evangeline and she looked at her with stone eye, “Avery is your commander in this raid and you will obey. I’m sure you know better than to disobey what a commander says. If not I will demonstrate for you.” She said with her words coming out like ice “I may be new but I do not tolerate disrespect towards friends.“ she said as she placed a hand on the dagger in her pocket, “you are a smart one so I’ve heard, let’s make sure it stays that way.” She soon pulled out her dagger and she flipped it, catching it and soon having the tip of it to her tongue, blood welled up on her tongue and she let it drip onto the dagger. “I think you shouldn’t piss off a mage.”

"Sounds like one hell of a challenge," Fergie said, enthused by the opportunity. "Vampires, dragons, assassins, and who knows what else?"
"Quite the lineup," Bogrum agreed, somewhat less enthused. Unpredictability meant more deaths in the confusion it would bring. His assessment to Demestral that they would have to prepare for surprises was more true here than anywhere else. "This will be a test against our skills combined, and our mettle as leaders."
Fergie folded her arms. "Eh, no need to get philosophical about it."
"What better mindset to have in this case?" he argued. "Like Avery said, this isn't our standard ship raid. We'll have to take everything we know, and apply it to entirely new circumstances."
"Aye. True," she conceded. Bogrum had a fancy way of thinking about things. She didn't necessarily disagree with it. But thinking too hard on what they were doing led to sleepless nights, counting the sins weighing on their shoulders. Tears shed in memory, in his case. She supposed she couldn't stop him from being the way he was, but it worried her to think of what was to come. He'd almost crumbled to pieces only two weeks into his job. How much more of their dark deeds could he carry?

Fergie had to wonder if said dark deeds had an influence on Evangeline's unfettered disdain of the crew. It seemed like with each time the angel appeared, contempt screwed her face with an even uglier expression. And she didn't care to see it directed towards Avery. No pirate was squeaky clean, but what the hell did he do to earn her open disrespect? As with any threat, Fergie bored a glare into that eye-burning glow of self-righteousness, but barred words from firing. Hold that tongue...
Sebas was... oddly silent. He never let anyone take shit from Evangeline, in whatever roundabout way he had to remind her of her place. Unfortunately, his silence allowed room for the less qualified to engage with her. "Lass," she tried to warn Melody when she intercepted Evangeline. She had to admire the girl's chops, but it was far more likely that she simply wasn't aware of the bull she was prodding. Was a thinly-veiled threat covered under Provocation?

"No need to antagonize her, Miss Treasure," Bogrum intervened, keeping an even tone despite the rising tension between the two angels. Two pissed angels in one room felt more imposing than the entire mission laid before them. "If our Enforcer wants to discuss the chain of command with Captain Adonis and waste his time, it's her God-given right to. But I'd like to suggest that we all cooperate here. Whether or not we find the relics of note depends on how well we all play our part." He wasn't about to go into detail of the plan to kill Mozza with the Dragon Egg when he was present via the crystal ball, but surely she knew what he was talking about. Looking to Evangeline, he said, "It would be a shame to miss that opportunity over animosity."
Fergie felt a grin threaten to push its way across her face, biting her lip to keep it in place. Oh, to balance that fine line. She envied the man.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Emira Blight Emira Blight

Last edited:
Melody Treasure

she backed down, she soon returned to her post…muttering something along the lines of..”Cabrón hijo de perra!” she let out a hiss as she stood guard, growling still. She wanted to fight the bastard but she didn’t, she was told not too and she looked to Avery, she saluted him for a few seconds before being at ease and she soon stood guard again.

(Can't tell me I didn't warn you)

Melody's Massive Multi-Levelled Messup: A Malicious Misfortune
When Melody drew her dagger at Evangeline, the angel grinned. "Bare your teeth at an angel when you haven't been wronged? THEN you insult me? Guess you'll learn the hard way like every other." Evangeline's eyes flashed white and Fergie could feel the familiar feel of peculiarity. The Ordination of Misfortune was radiating from the resident newbie

Ordination of Misfortune
An Ordination is basically a divine order to alter the universe on the target in question. This can be positive or negative which means that, when used negatively, it is effectively the holy equivalent of a curse. This type of spell is more potent against those under dark influence. Dark beings are immune to positive effects of Ords and Holy beings are immune to negative effects unless used under a Divine Order

This specific Ordination causes massive massive instances of painful unluck. Like Final Destination levels of unluck. It is potent

As Melody returned to her post, she tripped on a nail and fell, cracking her forehead on the table and faceplanting, busting her nose and beginning to bleed profusely, MUCH MUCH more blood than normal for such an injury, like she was stabbed in the nose. "Careful human," Evangeline taunted, "How will you beat me if you can't hold your own footing?"

Lesson to be learned: When you bare your teeth at someone who didn't bare their teeth at you or your crew, it constitutes an immediate threat
(Evangeline did NOT make any threats or draw a weapon. Therefore, disrespect to Avery or not, Melody bared her teeth first. Oh, and NEVER speak badly about Evangeline aloud)

Results
  • Melody is seeing stars from hitting the table
  • Melody is currently bleeding out from her nose

----------------------------------------
Bogrum's words hit the angels immediately. Not even Evangeline would put that mission at risk. Laylah couldn't punish Evangeline either. This forced a divine stalemate. "Tch!" Evangeline said, backing down. Laylah looked at Evangeline, calming down herself. "You just flew too close to the sun, Evangeline," Laylah said, "Thank Bogrum for freezing it over. You WILL render respect to Avery, or you will be appearing before your Goddess."
Evangeline grumbled. This was gonna get worse if she responded in kind. "What is my task, Avery?"
Avery sighed. Bogrum had a way with words that only Sebas could match. The ability to diffuse a situation in a few words was the mark of a thoughtful man. "You and Elaina will be working together."
"What will we be doing?" Elaina asked.
"I want you two to scout, mark, and destroy demons and other beings of Darkness. This is best done ASAP." Avery said with a smile, "It's the only kind of enemy Evangeline can strike down without Provocation."
"Oh?" Evangeline's face contorted and a hard smile crossed her face. No words could possibly make her day more than a purge on the horizon. "I'll eat crow for doubting you, Avery," Evangeline said without hesitation, then whipped around. "We will speak later, Elaina." With that, Evangeline disappeared in a flash of light.

"Bogrum," Sebas said from his crystal ball, "Thank you for diffusing this. If I spoke, Mozza would've opened his mouth and Doc would've gone batshit." With Laylah at her wits end already, Mozza would've done anything to make the angels fight.
"I should've spoken up immediately." Mozza said
Smack! "Ow, Sebas!" Lostro whined, "What'd you do that for?"
"I..........I apologize for my temperament as of late," Laylah apologized.
"Don't worry about it, Doc," Avery responded, "Nothing went down." Avery was just glad to give her her task and let her leave and brew in her pre-purge high.

Melody Treasure

She had let out a growl, she stormed off to the infermary, she wasn’t crying god no she was letting anger bubble up inside her that damn angel…she had gotten herself fixed up and quickly returned to her post, she felt anger overcome her anxiety about the raid. She didn’t care now but she did want to punch Evangeline in the face. She had wiped the remnant of blood off her hands and face, she placed the blood in a small glass vial she had carried with her.

Fergie didn't know much Spanish, but it didn't take a linguist to get an idea of what Melody just spat. "Kid, no!" But it was long too late. She sealed her fate by bearing teeth at an officer several rungs over her. The insult was only digging herself in that grave deeper. Fergie could do nothing else than watch while Melody was subjected to the humiliation of the Ord. Her sympathy pains were from more than just seeing her take that fall onto the table.
That's what you get for putting yourself in that situation, Sebas's words echoed. I let you suffer the pain of your actions...
But she had to at least make sure this new recruit wouldn't catch her death. Evangeline would be a cruel woman to orchestrate an indirect murder on some clueless newbie. And a cruel woman she was. Judging by that insane blood flow, and the dark marking on Melody's face, she must be some sort of Dark Magic mage. The Ord was all the more potent for that.

When Melody retreated from the office like a whipped hound off to lick its wounds, Fergie stepped a foot out of the door, but not to follow. She couldn't keep leaving the meeting to attend to someone who kept finding their own trouble. Breaking down before a mission was understandable, but this was bullshittery Fergie didn't need to deal with. Looking opposite the trail of blood, she saw a shipmate gawking. Someone leaving a room full of officers with a bloodied nose raised plenty of questions, but seeing Fergie step out seemed to answer some for him. That look of fear on his face worsened when she turned her attention to him.
"You. Follow that idiot. Make sure she gets to Medbay without killin' herself."
"Er-- y-yes ma'am," he stammered before moving along, as much to get away from her as to fulfill his new task.
"An' get your ass to the Armory after!" she barked after him. The moron didn't have a scrap of armor or weaponry on him, so what the hell was he fucking around in the halls for?

Back to the task at hand...

Fergie returned to see Evangeline disappear. With a smile on her face? What arcane sorcery was this? More questions to ask Bogrum, who in this moment was receiving some well-earned praise. As always, he took a humble stance. "Thank you. Tensions are understandably high, but that makes it all the more imperative to stay focused on our mission," he told the table. "For the crew, if anyone. They need us to keep a level head more than anything now."
Given today's track record, Fergie was inclined to counter that with something sarcastic, but in spirit of his request, instead swallowed her complaints. Talking down on the crew's current morale would do no good. Lead by example, and such. "Not to say we should stuff our feelin's," she added. "Keep that fire lit in your bellies. Hit our enemies all the harder with it."
In a way, this represented the two as a team, Fergie surmised. Bogrum told her she had brains as well as brawn, but it was clear which of the two was more aligned towards brains. Bogrum used his head, while Fergie used her gut. He gave direction, while she moved with the power to act. An unmovable object and an unstoppable force working in tandem. Fergie wasn't one to get all philosophical, but even she could see a sort of poetry in their teamwork. They may be assigned at different posts once again, but knowing their combined efforts would help steer this mission was enough to light a fire in her own belly. King Hemhart and all his men wouldn't stand a chance.

"That all aside," Bogrum said, "Avery, back to you. You were discussing initiative against their secret service?"

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Melody Treasure

she was in the medbay, she had blood dripping down her face to her clothes. She saw the person following her and she chalked it up to someone being sent after her. She soon looked forward but when she took her next step forward…she tripped over her own feet, she fell on to the ground and she passed out from blood loss. Her clothes stained with blood, she had let everything go dark but only for a moment, she woke up in a bed her wounds patched up and she got up, heading to her base and she had stood guard.

Fergie's order to the random crewmate was important in ensuring that Melody didn't indeed catch her death on her way to the infirmary. The Ord was potent, but with someone with her, it didn't activate. It couldn't cause problems for someone not inflicted with it. Once Melody was in the Medbay, she was healed up by Orabelle and sent back. Orabelle imparted to her these words. "I watched Fergie become a victim to the Ordination of Misfortune. Do NOT insult or bare your teeth at Evangeline, or it will happen again. Next time, she might just fight you to the death while you're under it." Such an encounter was certain death. Sebas warning her was strike one. Evangeline hitting her with the Ord was strike two. Next strike was something that wouldn't send her back to Dead Man's Isle, but to Man's Creator

Avery Valencia
Conference Room

Avery sighed. This wasn't a complete disaster. He could turn this into something productive. "Aye. The initiative concerns nuking areas where we suspect assassins. If we're in a forest, we burn down the forest to flush out the assassins. The element of surprise is not afforded to us since we're literally arriving on giant ships, so it shouldn't be a big deal from a strategic standpoint." Maybe some flanking could be in order. They absolutely had the advantage of numbers. Still, Avery wanted to alleviate risk. An advantage of number did not mean throwing those numbers at a force who could mow them down. "Then again, at 20 sq miles, we're looking at a spot where stealth may be possible. It is all to be decided very soon." It was actually hard to know where the strategy should go, given that they were dealing with speculation instead of known fact. With the Golden Guns, it was easy with a general knowledge of pirate ships. Here was a LOT different in terms of how they would go about it.

"Due to the events that have transpired, I think it's good to adjourn," he said, Laylah needed to douse her head, and he needed to collect his thoughts. "Captain Adonis, when the ruins are revealed, I will bring the leaders back together. Exceptions: Elaina and Evangeline will be off conducting their mission. Demestral and her crew will be off conducting their mission. Everyone else will be back here. We will get real time land surveying and enemy marking," he declared, his feeling of defeat hidden pretty well. "You all got the general framework I'm trying to shoot for. If any of you want to talk about things in private, feel free to stick around." It was much easier to talk in private instead of the large group anyways. It gave him more time to formulate his thoughts about things. "Otherwise, we need to get crew inspections underway and then we'll divvy up the troops for each team."

With that, the meeting adjourned. As people began to exit, Avery sighed, turning into a cat and sat on the table grooming himself to calm from the stress. It was so much more comforting in cat form than humanoid form. It was also the only form Sebas would show any form of affection to him, so he kind of got Pavlov's dogged into holding this form in higher regard. "Melody, I need you to stand by."

Melody Treasure

“of course.” She said as she held onto her pendant, she looked at him in his cat form and she let out a small ”awe” before she stopped herself from petting him. She loved kitties and she was having a hard time. She soon walked out of the room and went to her room. She waited for orders and she sketched pictures of what happened in the day so far. She looked at the blood vial and she placed it on her desk as she took a quill and she dipped it in the blood. Writing on a blank piece of paper, she soon left the paper in a neat stack and she laid her head down for a moment

After Bogrum left the conference room, Fergie was quick to follow from behind. "Where ye headed?"
"Oh?" Bogrum glanced over his shoulder. "I figured I'd catch up with Naka to help with weapons inspection. You?"
"Ash. Crew inspection." He was ready to tell her where she went, but Fergie went on, "First, tell me what the hell made that angel smile."
"The only thing that ever makes her smile," he explained. "Avery sent her and Elaina to hunt down demons when the castle is revealed."
"Huh. Smart kid."
"I feel good about him, too," Bogrum said, though not without some lingering worry. "I just hope he doesn't lose his head in all this." He frowned. "Any of us, really."
He felt an assuring hand pat his arm. "Ye ain't losin' your head, Bogrum. Did good back there, icin' down them two. Was ready to evacuate the whole crew to the main ship 'fore ye did." She said it with a laugh, but the serious undertone revealed a speck of truth. Two pissed angels duking it out without control had to bring a lot of collateral damage. Whether or not their gods punished them for such an outburst didn't change if someone got caught in the crossfire. "No one in that room could've done better."
"Not even Sebas?" he asked, doubtful.
"Well... fine, but he ain't technically in the room, so there."
Bogrum gave her a smile. "Thank you, Fergie."

"Yeah, yeah." Fergie waved that affability away. "I'll fuck off now."
"Do you think the new recruit will be okay?" he asked before she could leave. "If she just got here, I doubt she'd have the funds to pay the priest." Getting the Ord of Misfortune removed was an expensive ordeal. Courtesy of the one who gave the divine order.
"Either they'll take it outta her cut, or someone else paid out the ass for her." If the latter, it was a matter of whom. Fergie had Sebas, who didn't want to see her get killed by the thing despite her stupidity. Who did this new crewmate have? "Where did she run off to, anyway?"
"Not sure."
"When I see her, got a few words for her." As Raid Captain, managing the crew was part of her duty. Whether that be divvying the troops, or disciplining them. Melody getting smacked around by the Ordination was adequate punishment, but didn't necessarily fix a root problem Fergie was seeing. "Set her straight, 'fore someone else does." In less gentle terms, before someone gets tired of her shit enough to get rid of her.
"Eh. Go easy on her."
She smacked a fist against his arm for that, which made him guffaw rather than wince in pain. "Hell no! I wasn't appointed Raid Captain for bein' nice."
"Oh, certainly not. I'd never describe you as nice."
"Damn straight!"
"But you are kind."

That... threw her for a loop. Was that a joke? "Be serious."
"Just hear me out for a minute. If you were nice, you WOULD go easy on her. Maybe even let her off the hook, out of sympathy for that whole Ordination ordeal."
"Heh. Ordineal."
"Shut up. But because you're kind, you're going to give her some harsh truths instead. Help her avoid making the same mistakes in the future."
"Eh..." She thought she followed, but still had that befuddled look on her face. "What's the difference?"
"Niceness is the appearance of caring. Or misguided caring, or surface-level..." he spun his hand in a "so on so forth" gesture. "It's putting on airs, belting out flattery to improve relations. Saying a gentle word to ease the pressure of a tense situation." He shrugged. "Basically just making someone feel better, rather than helping them be better."
"So shapin' folks up 's considered kind? First time hearin' this."
"Well, yeah. Kindness is caring enough about a person to do what you can to help them. Even when said help is unpleasant."
"Well, blow me down. Ye gotta be the kindest guy I know, since ye won't leave me the fuck alone. Tailin' me arse to hell an' back."
"So you admit that it's helping?" he said with an all-too smug smile.
"Ugh." She rolled her eyes. "Guess I'll never hear the end of it now."
"Please. You think I just learned that from you? You haven't told me to fuck off for well over a week."
"So? We work together. Don't have a choice."
"No one made you visit me in the sick bay. Or is making you follow me now."

Fergie realized she'd lost track of how far she was walking with him, stopping now to look for where she ended up. They were in the ship weapons wing, when she wanted to be virtually on the other side. "'Cause ye won't stop flappin' yer gob at me."
"You're warming up to me. Admit it."
An upsettingly familiar warmth flooded her cheeks. "I..."
"It was only a matter of time," he said with a shrugging nonchalance that didn't match the grin on his face. "No need to be embarrassed."
The next series of punches actually hurt a bit, which made Bogrum laugh even more. "I'm not bloody emb-- Fuck off! Idiot!"
"Don't you have work to do?" he dismissed her.
"Aye!" She jabbed a finger at him as she began storming off. "An' ye better get ready, 'cause I'm kickin' yer ass to the nearest port when I'm done!"
"Can't wait!" he called after her, chuckling. "Though I know you won't keep me waiting long."
A disgruntled snarl cut from across the hall.

The Ord Strikes

The Ordination was something that didn't just go away. One had to pay Laylah a LOT of money to get it removed, courtesy of Evangeline making her price it high. Now without someone with her, the Ord struck. As Melody moved back to her room, one of the lights from the ceiling fell on her head. Dazed, she stumbled and tripped on a bag left out in the hallway, eating shit yet again and messing up her nose yet again. One of Kersact's crew came and stole her shoes. On the floor, someone opened the door to emerge from their room, slamming the door into her stomach.

The Ordination of Misfortune was RELENTLESS. Melody's better move was to not go back to her room, but to stand by in the conference room when Avery dismissed them. As Melody sat in her chair, the legs broke, dropping her to the floor.

Avery Valencia
Melody's Quarters

Avery knocked on Melody's door. When she answered, the boy walked in, in cat form and jumped on a table. "I hope you don't mind me in cat form. I need to relax a bit," he mewed. Cat form or not, Avery looked upon her with analytic eyes, his tail neatly wrapped around his paws. "First, I wanted to thank you for standing up for me to Evangeline. Second, I want to say that, as you've experienced so far, the Ordination of Misfortune is a different beast." Melody looked rough. She was absolutely NOT in any place to be taking part in this raid while the Ord remained on her. "You have to pay Dr. Laylah a hefty amount to remove an Ordination." Since an Ordination was a divine order and Evangeline only cast it to those who grinded upon her Provocation.

Another knock on the door. It was Demestral, who immediately noticed Avery in cat form when Melody answered the door. "Hey, Mel. Raid Captain," she said with a respectful nod to the cat. She grabbed a sachet and tossed it to Melody. "Here is the fee to get the Ordination removed." she said. "This put a hole in my pocket."
Avery's tail swished. "Demi. I thank you for looking after her so she doesn't catch her death." Maybe he should put Melody with Demi
"Of course of course," Demi said, accepting the praise. "Mel, this comes out of your loot." Unlike Sebas, who get a big cut as the captain of the canine, her cut was comparably smaller. Since she was the leader of the Riders, her cut was bigger than grunts like Melody. "As cool as you looked standing up to Evangeline, ya gotta read the room."
"Demi, is your crew ready to fly?"
"I'm about to go do beast inspections," she responded, "I have a question though."
"Yes?"
"I was wondering if Dr. Laylah has another way to kill Mozza."
Avery thought for a moment. He knew where she was going with this. Unfortunately, her big break needed to be put on hold. "I suggest giving up. They are dead set on using that Dragon Egg. Unless you have a better method, their minds aren't changing."
Demi sighed. "That blows," she muttered in sheer disappointment, "There isn't much I wouldn't do for a Dragon Egg."
"I will bring it up to Dr. Laylah," he told her. "I can't guarantee a positive result though."
"That's fine. Thank you," Demi said with a nod of appreciation, then took her leave.

Back to the subject at hand. "What I wanted to do was see where you stand in this raid. This is not for the faint of heart." Melody's abilities were questionable, her fear already made known. She would certainly die if she's in the frontlines. "I want to know what abilities you bring to the table. It will determine where I reassign you. You can't be on the frontlines with Fergie." He couldn't have some shellshocked newbie on the frontlines. When shit hit the fan, you're depending on the person to your left and right to keep your ass alive. Melody wasn't in a place to get that done. Not for THIS raid.

Ashlynn "Goldilocks" Thormdottir
Crew Wing- Sparring Ground

Ash was at the crew wing of the ship, at the sparring ground. It was the only place on the ship besides the deck itself that can hold of the troops. All of the troops who expected to be fighting were in formation, being looked upon with harsh eyes. "Fat...... I don't want him near me." The aura she gave off absolutely changed when Baby Bear changed into the fierce Mama Bear. She was less of an edgy tomboy and more of a noble savage woman now, a more tough love kind of person. That was in the case of prepping for battle at least. Before Baby Bear evolved into Mama Bear, her motherly instinct was towards Baby Bear. With Mama Bear, however, it's kind of the opposite. Mama Bear has motherly instincts towards her, so HER motherly instincts are more tuned in to the crew. However, unlike baby bear, these were fucking adults.

"Hit the gym and put down the cheesecake." Ash told him. "Ship weapons." To the crew. "All fatties will be on ship weapons unless you have an otherwise special role," she declared. "I'm not sharing a battlefield with someone who can't keep their body in shape. If you don't care about yourself, I don't expect you to care about your teammates." If you aren't able to move your ass, you will die. Ash would've thought that, for people who did this full time, they would know this and NOT be fat.
Mama Bear also prowled among the crew. "Dull blade," she growled
"You," Ash looked at the offender, "Why is your blade dull?"
"I......er- I didn't get around to sharpening it."
"Yeah, I can see that," Ash told him. "Why the hell not is what I'm asking you."
"What a useless man."
"I agree, Mama Bear. Useless." Ash responded.
She looked out to the crew. "Who else has a dull blade?" she yelled out. A few hands reluctantly went up. "Better fess up now because if you DON'T and I get to you and your blade isn't sharp, there will be hell to pay." A bunch more hands went up.
"You had no standards as a baby bear," Mama Bear told her, "It's time to impart standards on the crew."

Mama Bear kept her sane, moreso than Baby Bear ever did. Baby Bear was.........well like a puppy. As joyful as he could make her, he also drove her up the wall sometimes. Mama Bear was not only an adult, but wise. The gods bestowed Mama Bear with a TON of wisdom. "What the hell are you people doing all day? We're on a ship, there ain't that much to do on the average day! If you can't sharpen your damn blade, use a bat."
"With Duradel cursed, he can't sharpen our weapons."
"Lazy bastard," Ash spat. That sort of thing legit pissed her off. "Give the dude a break. It ain't his job to sharpen YOUR weapon." To the crew. "ALL of you with dull blades, go sharpen your weapons. Consider this a warning shot. I will NOT be as forgiving the next time I see a dull blade. We're putting AXES in skulls. Dull blades are a no." With that, the offending crewmates took the run of shame out of the room to go sharpen their weapons.

Nakaos
Weapons Wing- Weapons Depot

On the other hand, Naka's ship weapons inspection was going well. Her single eye, as analytic as ever as she looked over the weapons and the inventory sheets. Naka was.......wearing glasses now? Well it was a monocle in a traditional glasses frame. Naka's eye had powerful sight, but unlike Elaina, who could zoom her vision in and out, Naka didn't have such magic. Her zoomed in sight was turned up to 11 and permanently. As such, she was astronomically near-sighted, so she got these made to correct her vision. Otherwise, she'd need to read papers from across the room, or they'd need to written by tiny forest fairies for her to read. Reading was always a pain in the ass before she got that monocle, and she had to use some of her gold from the last raid to get it made. It put a hole in her pocket, but it was absolutely needed

Relic: Omnisight Monocle (One-of-a-Kind Rarity)
"Caught in 4K"
Owned by Nakaos

kaleidoscope-crystal-monocle-necklace.jpg
2f879be0f33ee52ab23a95113dd7de48--eye-glasses-glasses-frames.jpg

This lens in these frames​

The Omnisight Monocle uses magic to correct the user's vision to ensure that what they're looking at is crystal clear. It auto zooms the user's vision in and out as needed depending on what the user is focusing on. This lens can make the blind see again, so long as they're looking through this monocle. It corrects any and all visual distortion from any means

Strengths:
Corrects any and all visual problems, including blindness
The lens is indestructible

Weakness:
Useless if you're not looking through it
Custom Made for Nakaos, who is a cyclops. The lens is far bigger than most people can use

For the inspections themselves, she didn't care if they were CLEAN as much as she cared if they were functional and not liable to jam or misfire. A single misfire could cause massive damage to the ship, especially since it could chain-trigger their explosive ordinance. Unlike on Ash's end, Naka's crew were hella careful about that kind of stuff. They needed an ammo dump though. "Put in request for more bombardment munitions. We need this done quickly." If they were taking on a castle, bombardments were about to be utilized very hard. "Clean.........." Another one. "Clean.............Clean." The ship's weapons were all ready to fire, though she still needed to inspect the ones already in place to see if they needed to be replaced. "Crew, you meet Naka's expectations. Praise-worthy." Naka always spoke in a monotoned voice. Cyclops weren't exactly known to be emotive. She actually had to go out of her way sometimes to try and not come off as cold. With how she speaks and almost never smiles, she can seem dismissive or blunt. And since she wasn't the party type and didn't drink alcohol, it didn't exactly bring her close to the crew. However, the lizard people who make up the majority of the ones operating the ship weaponry took to her pretty easily. Could be possibly due to the similar nature of how they communicate, but they were hella loyal to Naka
"What do you want to do about the Drop Blade?"
"Drop Blade can be deployed as Kinetic Bombardment." Since they were going boots on the ground, They could just yeet the Drop Blade over the side of the ship before it was time to get closer and bombard with explosives. In that capacity, the Drop Blade would utterly decimate the castle walls. Then they can just retrieve the Drop Blade before they sail again. "If we aim well, we may dispatch their king early and secure victory." That reminded her. "Make sure napalm is in the request." Napalm needed to be specially requested. No way did Adonis want that shit just carried around.
"How many?"
"3. We shouldn't need more than that." It wasn't like they could napalm where they wanted the troops to go. These are for laying waste to certain areas. "This is for strategic area denial." It was obvious that Naka was having her own ideas about what to do with ship weapons.
"What about anti-personnel weapons?"
"Useless. Put all anti-personnel weapons away. We bombard and destroy. Ships can't be close to action." This was their uber out of there. If those ships were damaged, they may as well start building houses

Melody

She looked at Avery and she let out a small sigh soon looking down, “listen I know you’re trying to be serious right now and I’m not flirting with you..,but right now you look adorable and I wanna know if I can pet you, but other than that I have a spell that makes a large fog that can blind a person.” She said as she grabbed bandages and tape, fixing up her face and the chair, she sat on her bed and she was very careful . She wrapped blankets around her and she seemed wary, “I know how to scalp and stab people as well”

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Patting down her bristled neck hairs, Fergie entered the Sparring Grounds to see the crew getting absolutely torn into. This new dynamic of Ashlynn and Mama Bear weren't fucking around. What had the crew done this time to rouse their ire? Good lord, what was with this unpreparedness? Fergie wanted to slap herself; she'd been so concerned with her own troubles that she hadn't been keeping up with the crew as well.
"Lazy louts," she hissed, taking a stance beside Ash. "What did I just tell ye lot 'bout not bein' yer mum? We're on a pirate ship, not a godsdamned pleasure cruise!" Getting out of shape, expecting everyone to do the work for them? The low-level grunts had one job, and it was to manage their own shit.
Fergie wasn't one to judge a person by looks alone. She herself was a twig of a woman who could carry half of a laden treasure chest. And the bosun of her old fishing crew? That guy had to be hiding six six-packs under his beer gut, the maniac could lift a live, writhing juvenile sea serpent over his shoulders. But this wasn't a matter of being big-bodied, they were getting fat due to slacking on their fitness. And the unkempt blades? Fergie was even more glad she helped put that dickhead Duradel out of commission. If she knew the crew were depending on him this much, she would have whipped that dependency out of them long ago.
"Shouldn't have to tell ye's to do yer bleedin' jobs, but I will. Stay in shape. Keep your armor fitted. Keep your blades sharp. Ain't askin' much." Her razor gaze cut stinging lashes into the crew. "One slip-up can cost yer life, 'r the life of yer ally. If this happens again next raid, it's comin' outta yer pay." Loot better spent on shipmates who actually put the work in. Whether or not they could afford their fancy booze should be incentive enough.

Looking to Ash, her face softened with a degree of relief. A hearty dose of tough love was what the crew needed to stay alive in this rough life, and Ash sure could deliver. "Thanks for layin' down the law, you two." They shouldn't have to, she thought. Fergie felt a bit irresponsible that she hadn't cracked down on crew complacency sooner. "If I let 'em get this bad again, smack me around for it too, would ye lass?"

---

In the Weapons Wing, Bogrum was met with the sight of a more approving Naka. The cyclops woman and her crew of lizardfolk ran a tight operation. Given the volatile nature of their craft, it was absolutely necessary. One slip-up could do worse than getting yourself or someone else killed, the whole ship could become a massive bonfire in mere minutes without a careful eye and hand. And Naka's very definition was a careful eye.
"I came over to see if you needed help with inspection," Bogrum said when she was done, "but it looks like everything's taken care of." He expected no less really, but offering his assistance was all he could do at this time. Fergie was taking care of the personnel, and he thought she would kick his ass for real if he decided to follow her while she was still cooling off. Demestral and her team were busy seeing to their beasts, for which Bogrum felt... unqualified. He'd probably be jumping higher than those "giant frogs" at the mere sight of one.
Besides, it was an excuse to see Naka again. He liked her energy, calm and muted in her emotions, yet carrying great sway over her charge regardless. The lens was a good look for her too, but he wouldn't say. Felt rude to point corrective devices out, whether in a negative or positive fashion. "Until we're called for a meeting again, I'm at your disposal, if you need an extra pair of hands."

Kylesar1 Kylesar1

Last edited:
Avery Valencia
Crew Wing- Melody's Room

Avery's tail swished again and his ear twitched at the request. While it didn't show on his face, being a cat and all, the just upfront ask to pet him kind of threw him off, especially in this context. Since he was a feline beastfolk, it was kind of lost on Avery how his cat form could affect the people around him. It wasn't uncommon growing up with other Beastfolk children that, whether they talk in humanoid form or beast form, it didn't affect perception. Now though it was kind of driven home how much more touchy-feely people were willing to be and how generally affectionate they were towards him if he's in cat form. Avery found this realization confusing as he did.........endearing?

"You will be with me on my team." Avery mewed, "You sound like you could be good as a flanker. A blinding fog sounds good for obscuring an advance or securing an escape." He'd fill her in on the details later. "To answer your question, I'll allow you to pet me if you carry me with you to the Medical Bay." This was mostly to prevent the Ord from striking her. The Ord of Misfortune can't cause misfortune for someone not afflicted with it. Plus.........well he needed to show some sort of appreciation for her standing up for Evangeline........and getting pet always felt nice

Ashlynn "Goldilocks" Thormdottir
Crew Wing- Sparring Grounds​

Fergie came in and reinforced the verbal lashings that rained down on the ill-prepared members of the crew. As the unkempt members of the crew took the run of shame out of there, that left the rest of them who, after inspecting them and them passing, she looked upon them with a smile. "The rest of you who know how to keep yourself ready to put axes in skulls, you will take an extra cut of the loot, courtesy of some of the cut from those dull blade idiots and especially those fat-asses who won't be sharing the battlefield." If they can't do the job they get paid to do, they'll be reassigned at half pay. As for the dull blade idiots, maybe a 25% cut. Gotta hit them where it hurt if you want to whip them into shape. "If you're too fat to fight, you're being reassigned and you're getting half the cut of your NEW job's cut. If your blade is dull at a final inspection, you're losing a quarter of your cut."
As Fergie told them what she shouldn't have had to, Ash nodded. "We're not here to babysit. We're here to command. While we both take blame for wider-scale lowered standards, your personal upkeep is YOUR issue. As Raid Captain, Fergie doesn't have time to deal with this shit. As her right hand, I can't micromanage a bunch of adults." That seemed to be all. "You're good bears. You look good. Mama Bear and I are at your sides when we take it to the enemy. WHAT DO WE DO?!?"
"AXES IN SKULLS!" The sparring grounds damn near shook when with the glorious cheer from the loyal men and women who made up The Canine troop. The Basenji troop and the Claw troop were probably good teams in their own right, but they would always been 3rd rate to the men SHE commanded. A few dull-bladed roly polys were all it took for her to know change was about to come. Until then.........
"Ya Goddamn right. Dismissed!"

When it was just her, Fergie and Mama Bear, Fergie told her to get harder on her. Ash nodded. "I will, and I expect the same from you," she responded.
"They're YOUR men. Fergie appointed YOU and YOUR men to rise to the task," Mama Bear growled at her. "Surely you won't pawn that responsibility off on her?"
"Absolutely not, Mama Bear. I feel insulted you believe I would." Ash's expression changed into an apologetic one over the cheerful one she sent her men away on. "I apologize for letting this happen. Mama Bear just said you appointed me and my men over the other options, and something else I won't repeat because it will not leave her maw again."
A nervous grumble came from Mama Bear. "My apologies........."
"This shit isn't gonna fly. Consider this issue solved." she said decisively, a different meaning to both Fergie and Mama Bear. Ill-prepared men reflected poorly on the leader. While most of her troops were ready, to be fair, you're as strong as your weakest. "I got to reinspect the idiots, then we'll be ready to divvy up along with the other 2 ships. You can report that Canine Crew Inspections are done."

Nakaos
Weapons Wing- Weapons Depot​

Bogrum came in and offered his help. "Ah, Raid Captain. Always pleasant," Naka greeted him. Definitely more pleasant that he didn't interrupt her inspection. While she wouldn't have held it against him for doing so, it certainly put emphasis on always pleasant for him to wait. "Last order of business is moving anti-personnel weapons away and putting cannons or bombardment weapons in place. Naka feels they are useless in this raid since ships shouldn't get too close to enemy castle or settlements."
As she looked over some of her documents about the raid, her eye transferred back to Bogrum. "Naka said settlements because........." She pointed this out to Bogrum by showing him that there were indeed 20 square miles written down. "We aren't raiding castle. We're raiding kingdom. No way human king took 400 miles of land yet ONLY castle." To put it in perspective, 20 square miles was bigger than Dallas, TX.

Back to the order of business. "But Naka will let time tell. Let us conduct last order of business, then ship weapons will be ready to fire."
"Naka, the munitions request was accepted." One of her lizardmen ran up to her to say.
She stood up and adjusted her monocle. This would be a weird thing to get used to. Wearing glasses has felt weird since the day she put it on, especially with immensely drastic difference in her everyday sight picture. "Raid Captain, I need you to oversee the movement of anti-personnel weapons back here, and place cannons or bombardment weapons in their place. Naka needs to pick up the munitions request. Naka had the sudden feeling that we may need more than requested."

Demestral Asella
Beast Wing- Stables

Demi's inspection went incredibly well. She had a double duty. One to inspect the beast, the other to inspect the rider. If either weren't ready, neither were ready. Luckily, she could talk to any beast, summon or natural, wild or domesticated. "Alright, crew," Demi said at the end of her inspection. "It's about time to move out. We are in charge of scouting this new strange land. Riders, nice work maintaining your beast. Beasts, I trust your word on your rider's status as trustworthy." Yup, if a beast no longer desired their rider/master, the rider in question had to be booted from Demestral's crew. Without a beast, you were simply not qualified to be part of her crew. As cavaliers and beast tamers of the Basenjis, they were the most versatile in the crew. They could be placed anywhere on the field of battle, including in the water or in the air. They were of course all separated by ability and inability of the beast and the tamer/rider. Only riders could be cavaliers. The rest were tamers, not that there was anything wrong with that. It was an issue Demi nipped in the bud a long time ago, by destroying every rider riding/flying around while being ground-bound herself.........using a squirrel summon.

The beast armor, shined, pristine, comfortable, and without cracks. The armor not too heavy or too clunky to move in. The general crew, carrying food and enough potions for both them and their beast. The summoners, carrying mana potions. The Cav's armor, not too uncomfortably heavy for their beast, yet still protective. The crew's words of power effective at making their beast do stuff. The beasts, not sick, pregnant, or injured. The crew's weapons, sharpened and durable. The beast's love for their master, high and ready to die for. For those with natural beasts, the love for their mount, high and ready to die to defend.

"Now, I have to report that inspections are complete. Mingle in the meantime. When the ruins are revealed, we will meet back here and prepare for flight."

Elaina Melora
Deck

Elaina walked alongside Evangeline, who was explaining stuff to her. While she could sense Evangeline was pumped, it didn't change the angel's interactions. "Look, I don't need you getting in my way, Elaina," Evangeline suddenly said roughly, "You will point, I will kill. Got it?"
Elaina didn't miss a beat. "What I will not do, Evangeline, is be treated like the bug underneath your boot," she fired back, "Your sorry-ass needs me."
Evangeline's eyes glowed and placed the Ord on Elaina. "Oh?" Elaina said, stopping in place. She knew the power of the Ord, and she wasn't about to budge. "Something I say strike a nerve?" she taunted, "I don't care about your petty ego. Remove this Ord or we can't accomplish the mission."
Evangeline gave a sharp tch! and snapped her fingers. "You'll get it for insulting me, human." Evangeline spat in disgust at being outwit, and so quickly
"Doubt it," Elaina brushed off the threat, "You just removed the Ord. You can't place another until I provoke you again."
Evangeline's eyes narrowed and she got in Elaina's face. VERY close. "You think you know everything, don't you?"
Elaina didn't flinch. "There's much I don't actually," she responded with monotonous quickness, her words a waterfall of sarcasm. "For example, I didn't know angels suffered from halitosis," This wasn't true, of course, but it was not like a bloodthirsty meathead like Evangeline would register that. "So I thank you. Looks anyone really can be a teacher in SOME regard." Elaina was an expert in the wordplay. She knew that Evangeline's Ord only activated in blatant insults (like calling her a bitch or scum). It was through Sebas she found this out. So all she had to do was insult her without doing so blatantly. Backhanded compliments were a BIG one.
Evangeline immediately recoiled. Guess she's human in some regard afterall, Elaina thought. "I will take that insolent tongue of yours, Elaina!"

"Eh."
Elaina was no longer interested. Evangeline was too easy a target. She could troll this bitch all day. She needed more of a challenge. Ash was damn good with the verbal sparring. Evangeline just threated violence she couldn't implement due to Divinity Law. "I've noticed that you've said my name twice now." For someone like Evangeline, saying names was a big deal. Either she respected you or you were above her. Elaina absolutely was NOT above her. "So let's work TOGETHER and hunt some demons. I'm not your glorified targeting system." I mean, I really am but I'm not about to be treated like a tool, Elaina thought. "I'm your partner. Like me or not, we're together."
Evangeline didn't even notice that she acknowledged this human, and she was punished for it. The thought made her want to behead this insolent woman. But she'd concede for now. "Very well, human. Let us humor us being equal."
"What's said is said. May as well keep saying,"
Elaina shrugged. One of the riders brought out her Pegasus, who Elaina always fawned over and this time was no different. She adored this beast to no end, yet she was always too busy to make time for the Pegasus to spread his majestic wings. "Sorry I've been too busy to fly with you, my good boy," she said, acting like a doting mother to her toddler. "We're gonna fly lots and lots today."
Evangeline sighed, clearly annoyed by this display of affection. "Are we done yet?"
Elaina ignored her. "Oh, how much I'd rather be flying alone with you my majestic steed. Sorry for this holy chick here to 3rd wheel."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Spell to Reveal the Ruins
60 minutes later​

The Reveal of the Lost Kingdom was nigh. The ships soon slowed down and then came to a halt. The 3 ships all gathered together, floating incredibly close together. 99% of the Basenjis were gathered around on their respective decks to hear the words of Captain Adonis, whose voice projected loud and clear using magic to amplify it. "My dogs," he declared, "Here we gather around on this glorious moment. We have a massive task ahead of us. For many of you, it's the biggest task we've dealt with since you've been a Basenji. We are going to reveal this lost kingdom in all its ancient glory, then we will strike it down." Adonis paced as he spoke. Not many could deny that, he at least had a good speaking voice. "200 years ago, this castle was set adrift along the Spirit Sea and lost to time. Just like Atlantis, it is a place that holds many a riches and many a glory. We are expecting a very hard battle. This king didn't go to this lengths to protect his castle to lose to a group of pirates."

As he spoke, the clouds under the ships began to gather and then turn black. Conjured out of nowhere, the denizens below who could see the ships traverse the skies would quickly find that that was no longer the case. In fact, the clouds grew unnaturally black. "Out of consideration for this world, we will be cloaking these ruins. I want the records of this lost kingdom all for the Basenjis. No way will we allow some 3rd rate crew with 4th rate firepower to stalk around like hyenas coming after our loot."

Blah blah blah. Yada yada yada. As Adonis prattles on and on and fucking on, he spoke as if there wasn't arcing lighting coursing through the almost pitch black clouds at this point. The lightning, while absolutely dangerous, posed no danger of jumping up into the ships. The lightning began to clash together, creating small orbs that stayed in place, and as the lightning clashed more and more, soon the orbs began to touch and absorb one another. This was a sight to behold

Sebas Deadeye
Lostro's Room

"So the bastard's doing it," he commented, holding Lostro's hand as they looked out the window at the clouds below. There were these pitch black green lightning clouds as far as the eye can see at this point.
Lostro's snake hair were going crazy at this point, which meant that this was absolutely lightning filled with souls. Fortunately for Sebas, they [the souls] weren't responding to Mozza's attempts to eat them. For Lostro though, like with that one dude she turned to stone, either she didn't notice or she didn't care. Kind of made sense. When you're a Gorgon and you have a head of snakes that all seemed to have a mind of their own, you kind of needed to dissociate yourself in peaceful times. Her eyes were alight with awe as she looked out at the dark cloudy wasteland the Basenji leadership summoned in with this spell. "This is the coolest thing I've ever SEEN!" she yelled out, "I can't eat those souls, so it ain't that great."
"Let Lostro have her moment, you parasitic retard," Sebas spat as he pat Lostro's head.
Maybe she enjoyed Sebas's attention, because it was like she pushed Mozza to the back of her mind. "Don't mind him," she said quickly and kind of pleadingly, but also clearly annoyed. "He's been nothing but annoying and rude since you've been here. I can't have you not visit for a long time again........" Those words kind of hurt. True, of course, but even though he was justified, they still made him feel like dogshit. Even moreso since he took Orabelle under his wing. He didn't get to think about it too much though, since Lostro was back to her naturally kind of creepy, yet cheery demeanor. "You think I will be able to cast that green lightning?" she inquired excitedly. "I sense a lot of Dark Magic in it."
"Who knows, my child," Sebas responded with a big smile to her. Who knows how killing Mozreliun will affect you and your abilities. No way in hell you're becoming a normal powerless child, Sebas thought. She was a walking magic nuclear reactor BEFORE that demon injected itself into her phyche. "But I know that if you really want to, we can make it happen," he finished, not wanting to burst her awestruck excited bubble

Last edited:
Melody Treasure

She soon nodded and she lifted him into her arms, she let out a small happy cry. She loved cats, they just never let her get close enough to pet them. She softly pet him and she walked to the medbay. She soon softly scratched under his chin, she was careful to avoid his ears and tail, and without realizing, she placed a small kiss on his head, she soon realized and freaked out, her eyes wide, she wasn’t into him. She just always gave animals head kisses. She thought she was going to be killed or worse, she set him on the ground beside her when they reached the med bay, she was silent and she shook away any tears that had pricked her eyelashes

When Ash took what she said and turned that "if" into a "now" by cutting their pay, Fergie raised her brows. She was NOT having their incompetence, not even for a few merciful seconds, unlike herself. Maybe I really am soft, she thought, an uneasy feeling weighing in her gut. She didn't let it marinate for too long though, especially when Ash apologized herself and relayed what Mama Bear said. Fergie got the impression that she was being particularly hard on the crew to assure her raid captain they would shape up, and continue to prove her worth as a fellow raid leader. That thought honored her, providing a warm feeling inside to displace that unease.

"Mighty fine work," she told her, nodding sharply. "Don't doubt ye on that for a second." Fergie could have left to report inspection completion then, but an idea pricked at her mind. "But if you need someone to test YOUR personal upkeep," she smirked, "meet me at the SHF come 'morrow. Assumin' neither of us 'r beat up from the raid, want ye to show me what yer packin'." It had crossed her mind a few times before, but now felt like the appropriate time. Ash wanted Fergie to be hard on her too? This was her way. In the Sanctified Holy Field, you couldn't die. It was as true a test of your mettle as it could get, short of your life being in real danger. Fergie sometimes held punches in her words... but never in the literal sense. If Ash wanted a training buddy who left no room for error, Fergie was one of her best bets.

---

As Naka revealed that settlements were established throughout the great swath of land, Bogrum felt his own sense of unease. Oh lord, I hope we can stay out of each other's way. He had few qualms with killing fellow warriors, as such was the way. But civilians living their separate lives? Bogrum didn't expect the crew to start pillaging these folk. They were charitable enough to not be heartless, and to be less moralistic about the matter, it would be a waste of their own resources to plunder for crops and a few negligible heirlooms when there was a castle full of loot. But in a battle, things just got caught in the crossfire sometimes. He'd say none of this, but concern was written all over his face for a few revealing moments all the same.

"Consider it taken care of, Naka," he said, putting on that cheery face soon enough. "And just Bogrum is fine, if you wish." If someone felt more comfort in formalities he wouldn't stop them, but he'd always present the option to drop them with fellow leaders. Subordinates, maybe, but it depended. Just as he wouldn't enforce leaders saying his name, he wouldn't enforce anyone calling him by rank either. It just felt so impersonal at times, especially with people he was closer to rank with.

Storm's A-brewin'

Dark clouds in the sky; were they the same bad omen when it was a phenomenon of their own creation, rather than of the unyielding winds? There were many reasons a lot of the crew, old and new, had been touchy the past few days. But this great undertaking that laid before them was daunting for every one of them. Fergie didn't doubt that they would leave victorious, but even stolen spoils came with a price.
"Gods. Does he ever shut up?" Maybe Adonis going on and on provided a decent distraction for Bogrum, but it felt like wasting time to her.
"Fergie. Be nice," he scolded her. "His speeches are for crew morale."
"Morale? Not if he puts us to sleep with 'em, make us wanna jump into a bed than battle."
She barely got a halfhearted chuckle out of him. She knew Bogrum had to be worrying incessantly about the potential for lost lives, hiding those nipping thoughts under a brave face. And she knew him well enough to see the exhaustion it brought him in his tired eyes.
"Hey. Bogrum."
"Hm?" He turned away from the light show below.
"Um..." Her hands rubbed over her forearms before retreating into her pockets. "'Pologies 'bout earlier. Hope ye don't think I'm embarrassed of you. Just... er... caught me off guard."
Bogrum gave a much more genuine laugh, one that shook his shoulders. "If pointing out that you enjoy my company is enough to catch you off guard, I can only wonder what else would fluster you."

His words struck her as if they had been one of those green lightening bolts. Frazzled and heating up exponentially, Fergie sputtered out something that read coherent in her head, but instead stammered like half-baked defenses out of a bad liar caught red-handed.
"Hey, hey! I'm just teasing!" Bogrum raised his hands, trying to placate her from the frenzy he had inadvertently whipped her into. "I'm sorry, I promise I'll stop tormenting you for now."
"D-- Damn right!" Her brain was running at max speed, and her mouth could barely keep up. "Yer-- If ye-- When I'm done tearin' up Ash's ass in the trainin' grounds, yer-- Ye won't have an ass left to speak of!"
"I didn't mean anything by it. Truly." He wasn't sure if she was angry, embarrassed, or both, but whichever was making her absolutely red in the face. Bogrum had never seen someone green-skinned get this red, which was likely due to hers being a lighter shade, but it startled him a bit. "I'm sorry. No intention to upset you."
"I-- I'm not-- Yer fine, just--" She growled and shook her head, glaring holes into him. "Just don't push it!"
"I..." Okay, getting mixed messages here... "Alright. Not pushing it."

"Aye, ye wont." She folded her arms, casting a despondent look up towards the main ship but not at all focusing on Adonis's prattling. "Don't get me all worked up 'fore these folks 'r dependin' on me."
"Sorry. I should have known better." He gave a shrug, but said earnestly, "I do it without thinking. Teasing. It's what I do with friends."
She looked back in surprise. "Friends?"
"Of course. You've been a good friend to me. And I want to be a good friend to you too. So... what should I do instead?" he asked. "What can I do to help you now?"
It took a while before she replied. It wasn't the kind of question she was expecting. "Eh... just take good care of the crew for me. Best thing ye can do."
"I will do that. Promise." Being a good ally wasn't necessarily being a good friend, but he'd take it.
"And..." She swung a solid fist into his arm, hard enough to make him recoil and give her an incredulous look. But she wasn't angry, grinning while she said, "I DO mean I'll kick yer ass. Ain't bluffin' this time. Got a match with Ash, but after that... you on?"
"I believed you the first time," he said, half a lie. He hadn't thought she COULDN'T, more so wouldn't. But now she was making it clear that it wasn't a real threat, but an invitation to spar. Was this what she did with friends, then? "And you bet."

The Reveal of the Ruins

Enough orbs gathered. They began to float into the air, above the trio of ships. Souls began to rush from the pitch black clouds, actively avoiding the ships and the people aboard them, though it wasn't uncommon for them to float around and through the crowd of pirates that whipped them out of the Spirit Sea. The spirits began to gather into the orbs, almost as if pulled into them. The entire scene with the spirits and the orbs would make the most hardcore nonbeliever begin to believe. Unless they took mushrooms beforehand, it was impossible to deny what was happening before their eyes.

The orbs grew and grew and grew and grew, until they all gave off a blinding green light. It didn't take a mage to grasp the amount of magic it took to make this happen. Fatimah was absolutely a work of magic art.

Stones began to fly from the green orbs in momentous quantity, all piling into one place, steadily growing bigger and bigger by the second

Dr. Laylah Halliet The Guardian
Deck

The looks of this made her sick. The dark magic permeating the air made her sick. My God, give me strength to resist putting an end to this before I can put an end to Mozreliun, Laylah thought. The souls of the unjudged flowed like a river, in this place where it was not supposed to be. Divinity Law told her to strike down all involved. However, her God was willing to grant exception if she could put an end to Mozreliun, so restraint was pretty hard. Then she heard it. A wail. The wail pierced her heart like a spear

It was like her wings unfurled on their own. Dr. Laylah jumped up and took off into the sky, then stopped in front of a particular soul, typical among the rank and file. The wailing was a bittersweet aria to her ears, the best worst thing she had heard in YEARS. "I've got you, child," Laylah whispered as she hugged the wandering spirit and felt its cold embrace. As beautiful as the day it had been lost. The first step of redemption for her failure. "I can thank him for once. The easiest hard thing I've ever done," Laylah said as she captured the soul and turned it into a blue orb. "I know you won't be the same, but I promise I will make this right. You were robbed of Ascension, so I will grant you a second chance as approved by my God." Her innocence stolen and her Ascension robbed. To say she was dealt a bad hand was a massive understatement

The Reveal of the Ruins (cont.)

The stones all pounded into each other, but instead of bouncing or fracturing each other, they grew into each other, making a GIANT landmass of the small bois as if it were about to form a golem. The sound was loud, imagine trying to shove a stone into another stone. The spirits were wailing and the atmosphere was bleak. Still, Adonis prattled on. Lightning began to strike the stone mass, making it grow exponentially below the ships. As the stones grew bigger and bigger, suddenly the giant mass of stone flashed a green light and then flattened out as far as the eye can see, covering the pitch black clouds............then it glowed green.........

An absolutely gigantic landmass began to show itself from the stone mass with a loud wail from the deep. It jutted out slowly but surely as it rose from the green deep. Spirits floated all around it. This was the power of pulling something from the Spirit Sea. It was grandiose. It was flashy. From the landmass, the pirates could see the tallest buildings jutting out LONG before anything else. It rose like a phoenix from the ashes, and in a way it was a phoenix from the ashes. The lost kingdom was pulled from the Spirit Sea and was allowed to experience actual time for the first time in 200 years. As it rose up, everyone got a visual of it, from the tip of the highest building in the kingdom, which was the castle, to the bottom of the lowest river. They saw it all as if the landmass was X-ray'd

"I wish I could explain what all of this is! For once, even I am entirely ignorant about the details of this place!" Elaina exclaimed excitedly as the full castle came into view. Unlike Adonis's assessment that this would be a RUINED kingdom, this castle absolutely looked like it was in its full glory. Elaina had charged on stage and stole the mic from Adonis, a welcome end to a dumb-ass speech. "We are in uncharted frontiers, a known unknown land," she declared. All they had was battle information about units. The lay of the land, the layout of the castle, any settlements or other towns/cities outside of the capital city.

Backcover by anotherwanderer on DeviantArt.jpeg
When it was all said and done, a long but majestic almost once in a lifetime occurrence that probably put a few mages into a magic coma, the absolutely gigantic landmass lay sprawled across the sky, cloaked from the sight of the world, and even that was if your vision could get through the unnaturally pitch black clouds that lay under it.

The kingdom was revealed in all its glory. This was important, because they were initially told this was to be ruins, and yet here it was looking like a full-scale damn Disney Castle. Guess they rebuilt over the 200 years they floated across the Spirit Sea. Either that, or maybe the Spirit Sea restored it to glory. There was quite a bit to take in, which would lend heavy credence to Avery's idea to spend all day surveying the land. It was a LOT to do

It wasn't like anything Fergie had ever seen, and she'd seen a lot of weird shit in her days. The blinding lightening, the ear-shattering collision of stones, the wailing of countless spirits: it was all overstimulating. But she couldn't look away from this display of power, not even when Bogrum's voice peered above it all.
"Do you think they're even aware of it?"
"What? The kingdom? Damn sure, they are." To have their peaceful, timeless existence interrupted after 200 years? There was no way they wouldn't notice.
"I meant the souls," he said. "Do they know what's happening? When they're being used, and how?"
Geez, count on Bogrum to make things complicated. What to even say? That the wailing should have been indication enough of their suffering? That despite her questionable laurels, there was something about this whole thing that felt off, wrong even? Fergie held her tongue on that. "Eh. Better ask Elaina 'r Doc on that." Though personally, she almost didn't want to find out.

When the ruins were summoned and pulled from the conjured stone, they felt it rattle in air, down into their bones. Nearby clouds were shaken and displaced by its sudden, vast weight, though from this distance the ships could see this old-new land in perfect detail. Flawless stone castles, carved mountains, forests and rolling green fields dotted with clustered settlements were laid before them. This was no ruin. This was a picture of an untainted utopia.

Just a picture, anyway. Who knew how King Hemhart ran things down there. They weren't there to destroy their little private world, but they weren't there to save it from itself either.
"Avery's got his work cut out for 'im."
"Where to even begin? That's a lot of foliage to burn down."
Fergie made a noise. Bogrum would have taken it as simple acknowledgement, had it not sounded almost pained.
"Hypothetically, I mean. We'd have to narrow down points of interest."
"Aye. Thinkin' half of this rock we won't even need to touch, save for a quick look." That didn't seem to ease up the strain on her unsettled face.
"Fergie?"
"Eh?" She tore her gaze from the sight, a bit annoyed. "What? I'm fine."
"I wasn't saying you weren't, but thanks for letting me know you're not."
"I just said--!"

Elaina's voice hijacking Adonis got both of their attention. There were bound to be more instructions to come.
"We should get to our posts."
"How convenient."
"Shut up."

King Hemhart
Castle- Throne Room

As predicted. They had come for his kingdom. 200 years of rebuilding this place from ruination, and they were ripped out of their 20 square mile utopia. "Your Highness! I have information from the seers!" A messenger burst through the doors. This person was a young vampire girl. Vespera Marine Seyres, or who HE called Hermes due to how fast she was with moving messages. Eyes glowing red to symbolize Blood Empowerment. She chugged blood to get here at lightning speed. Such is the nature of the True Blood Vampire. Her eyes were full of concern, a first in like 199 years. Their friendly fearless neighborhood mail courier was concerned for once, and for some reason, it didn't sit with the giant king of this floating land, which went from floating to floating. "Bring it." In the blink of an eye, the girl was in front of him with the letter from the seers. "I'll take my leave, Your Highness."
"No. I want you here, Hermes," the man declared as he read the parchment. "Asmund........Adonis...........Pirate crew?.........What an........endearing-looking catboy......." The king thought about things before speaking. This crew was fantastically diverse in terms of species. Guess species segregation ended somewhere in the 200 years they spent afloat. Either that, or these pirates just took what they could get. A Cyclops, a woman with a weird non-flesh limb, a man sitting beside a malevolent child, a bunch of lizardmen and goblins. "Normally, I wouldn't be concerned about pirates.........but it must be a highly magical crew of savages to pull us out of the Spirit Sea." he concluded. Everything in him was screaming that this would be the downfall of the kingdom. Whatever Asmund was looking for, he wouldn't leave them alone without getting it..........and King Hemhart didn't negotiate with terrorists. "Hermes!" he declared.
Immediately, the vampire girl gave a strong sharp salute. She was close enough to never have to bow to him. "Yes, Your Highness!"
Hemhart conjured up a bunch of parchments. Stamped with his seal, these were Royal Decrees, mail that he knew Hermes would protect with her life and get them to his target if it killed her. "Get these delivered out ASAP. Get Arnold Asella, Nancy Noi, and whoever else in the Stoneroses to get out to my settlements and get these messages delivered ASAP. Speed is the name, Hermes. More than ever."
Her look of concern deepened. "Is this it, Your Highness? The end of Kraiven?"
The king turned away to take his leave. "If nothing else, Hermes, you and the rest of my citizens will be able to explore a world beyond Kraiven," the gentle giant said
"And what about you, Your Highness?"
"Kraiven lives or dies with me. The crossfire shouldn't involve my citizens."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"All of you," Adonis declared after wrestling the mic from Elaina, who was so deep in her nerdy yet informative deep dive into what she was seeing, to engage in his own monotonous business-esque explanation. "You know your orders. If you have no orders, you have orders. we will be showing you in real time the land surveying. Dismissed!"

With that, the crew dispersed. Everyone hustled to their stations. The Lizardmen quickly scurried back to the ship weapons, the goblins back to their bay near the vault to await orders from Kersact. The Beast Tamers/Riders went back to where Demestral ordered them. Ash's troops went back to their individual quarters.

Sebas Deadeye
Lostro's Room

Sebas sighed as the feed cut off. "I'm gonna head out."
Lostro's eyes widened, her expression looking sorrowful. "But why? Where are you going?"
To speak to Avery, he thought. This got very personal very fast. During the summoning of the Lost Kingdom, Lostro suddenly began to scream and upend the room they were sitting in. Like an agitated poltergeist if it took steroids in its human life. It took him turning into his Viperfish form and embracing her in darkness to get her to calm down. Sebas had no idea what happened initially, but certain words from her haunted him. "It's my other half," she said, teary-eyed. He immediately knew what she was referring to, especially since he saw Laylah fly up.
Lostro had no memory of this.......and that was a problem. She's making her move, Sebas thought. "I'm going to talk to Avery. This is important."
Lostro seemed either unconvinced or unhappy regardless. "Can you come back soon?"
"Aye," Sebas responded, grabbing his gun. He let her play with it. Despite conventional child safety regulations, he was fairly certain Lostro would be fine. If Lostro put a bullet in her mouth accidentally, the other guy would spit it out. "Wait for me."

His heart felt heavy. Laylah was doing more for Lostro than him. The objective to save Lostro was personal and he'd be damned if he'd be set to guard the ships. No. He'd be on the frontline of that. While he didn't care about being on the frontlines of the battle itself, he absolutely resolved himself to be on the frontlines of the Dragon Egg effort

Avery Valencia
Deck -------------> Conference Room

It was about time to have their actual meeting, and watch as Demi and her crew, and Elaina with Evangeline feeds them the lay of the land so they can plan accordingly. All leaders were to be back in the Conference Room, Melody back as the guard to see the meeting. As a new recruit to Avery's crew, she was expected to perform.

Sebas entered the Conference Room through a dark portal. His draining of a holy water vial made him more appealing. It purged hm of all dark influence n him, at least in the moment "Sebas! I didn't expect you to show up." Avery exclaimed. The most pleasantest of surprises
"I'm full of surprises," Sebas responded, "You down to talk for a bit before your meeting?"
"Always got time for you," Avery said as he turned into a cat, "Give me some relaxation before I have this meeting? Are you gonna be there."
Sebas obliged, petting the cat sitting on the Conference Room table. "I can, if you want me there. You're in for it. I got your back though."
Avery purred into his strong hands as they stroked his head. "No one's support is more valuable. Personally, at least." Then it hit him about why Sebas would show up. "Here to talk about Lostro?"
"Aye." Sebas hit the spot when he scratched behind his ears, a sweet spot. It had Avery melting and purring into Sebas's palm. "But petting a cat is always therapeutic. What better option?" It was a statement, not a question, and Avery couldn't be happier.
Avery would take his victories where he could.

Every leader was to meet back up in the Conference Room, Melody to be there as well as the guard to the meeting.

--------------------------------------------------

Vespera Marine Seyres
Throne Room-----------> Stoneroses HQ- Lobby

Ves was terrified from Hemhart's ominous words. Clearly he thought it was to be the end of the Kraiven Empire. Ves had made peace with the 20 square miles of land. She had explored every inch of it in the 200 years she had been there. It was familiar, it was her life. Forget tundras, deserts, rainforests, and taigas. She was fine with her Temperate Forests and mountainous regions which gave way to mountain forests and caves full of peaceful bears and bats. Beautiful caves, flowing rivers, and enchanted wetlands. This new world was very likely too massive to explore. If nothing else, was she expected to deliver mail to a witch's hut in a swamp? An igloo in some arctic area? Hemhart reserved himself a strong victory or a warrior's death. Well Ves was no warrior. She was a mail courier who never killed a single being that wasn't a wild animal.

The girl charged back to the Stoneroses HQ and burst into the door with a decisive step, an aura of urgency about her. "Guildmaster! Nancy! Anyone! We need an Emergency Guild Meeting! This concerns a Royal Decree from King Hemhart!" she said aloud. As the one closest to Hemhart out of any member in the Stoneroses, including the Guildmaster himself, when she spoke of a Royal Decree, all ears turned to her to listen. The receptionist, alarmed, stammered to speak. "Ves," she said, "W-w-what is so urgent that you n-need to call this meeting," she said nervously. This was a nervousness Ves could smell. The rceptionist's blood pressure was rising. She knew what it was about. "This isn't the time," Ves said, "Call an Emergency Meeting. This is too important."
"What will the guildmaster say?"
"I DON'T CARE!" Ves yelled, startling the Arachne woman. Yelling was incredibly out of character for the friendly vampire. "If he has a problem, he can ask King Hemhart himself! Put it in Emergency mode, Efi!" Normally she wasn't this assertive, but this wasn't a normal moment and she knew Efi knew. "Code Black!"
Efilisa (Efi), FAR too scared or shy to try and resist any further, slammed the orb which plunged the entirety of the Stoneroses HQ into a red hue. Her limbs began to tap the stone floor nervously as she spoke into her crystal. "A-All Stonerose Combatant Personnel will meet for an Emergency M-Meeting as soon as possible," Her voice, as urgent as she was in the moment had the voice of a soothing matriarch when speaking into the mic........er, crystal. "This is Code Black. I repeat, this is Code Black." Efi looked at Ves. "Why is your text blue?"
"Blue is reserved to only the main character of the RP"

Melody Treasure

She was stone, she had watched the meeting silently. Making no noise or movement, at times she did…it seemed to almost kill her. She let out a small sigh, she thought a small thought…an unhappy thought…..she had glanced around and she saw them….the conjoined twin girls…they had haunted her since birth….her mothers daughters who had died at 10 years old A week before her own birth. She was soon shaking in fear….they were so close to her face….she knew they were fake…it was in her head…wasn’t it? She had let fear consume her as the girls whispered death threats to her ears..and had blamed her for their death… she started saying a prayer, hoping they would leave she had closed her eyes as they soon consumed her in darkness. “As….Astell……Alina……I’m sorry…I never meant…” she said softly as she soon shook away the feeling, she was there…she was okay, the only people she could see were Sebas and Avery. She had shook away the fear, she had smacked her own face a few times as hard as she could. She then let out a small shudder and she summoned a fog, only around herself, people could see everything else and everyone except her. She then let tears fall silently

Users who are viewing this thread

Back