• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Are You The One?|not accepting applications

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
[class=tabs]color: #fff; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; width: 550px; [/class]
[class=tab]cursor: pointer; margin: 4px; margin-top: 15px; display: inline-block; padding: 10px; width: 70px; background: #63dcd1;[/class]
[class name=tab state=hover]color: #fff; background: #756056;[/class]
[script class=tab on=click]
hide tabsContent
set currentTab (getText)
if (eq ${currentTab} about) (show tabsContentabout)
if (eq ${currentTab} rules) (show tabsContentrules)
if (eq ${currentTab} lore) (show tabsContentlore)
if (eq ${currentTab} spots) (show tabsContentspots)
if (eq ${currentTab} links) (show tabsContentlinks)
[/script]

[div class=tabs][div class=tab]about
[div class=tab]rules
[div class=tab]lore[/div][div class=tab]spots[/div][div class=tab]links[/div][/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentabout"]
Welcome to Are You The One?
chris'coding

Several years ago, MTV premiered what would become one of their top hits. Reality TV series Are You the One? has been a major success for the network, pulling in steady ratings from viewers, who often speak of the show like a train wreck they can't stop staring at. The show follows eighteen people, all paired up by expert matchmakers with some anonymous member of the house, who live together in a tropical destination for eleven weeks as they attempt to find their perfect match. If by the end of their time, they've managed to find all nine matches, the grand prize is a total of one million dollars to be split among the members of the house. If finding true love weren't motivation enough to play the game, the money probably would be.

Every week, a challenge is held, after which the two winners of the challenge may go on an organized date. Of the two couples who are allowed to leave the house, one is voted in by the rest of the house to participate in a feature called the Truth Booth. In the Truth Booth, the selected couple—and rest of the house—is able to see whether or not they're a true match. After each Truth Booth session, a matching ceremony is held, during which connecting couples may choose to sit together. Light strobes indicate how many of the couples sitting together are matches, but not which ones—that's up to the contestants to find out. Only two things are guaranteed in Are You the One?: plenty of drama and plenty of heartbreak.

It's now 2019, and MTV is launching its eighth season of the show. Eighteen applicants from around the country have all been carefully selected and paired up by a sophisticated algorithm. Now, these eighteen people are set to jet off to Cancun to take part in the eleven-week game. Will they manage to win a million dollars? Or, failing that, will they manage to find true love?

are you prepared?
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentrules" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding
a set of rules to ensure that the roleplay thrives(rules 1,4,5,6,8 are from Chris the rest are from me):
  • first up: please read through the lore tab, completely. i cannot, and will not, answer questions to which the answer has already been elaborated on. understanding everything is important for the roleplay to function. if you are confused about something from the lore, feel free to ask.
  • the typical: no mary su/gary stu characters. everyones characters will have flaws, if you dont like that. Oh well find a different roleplay to join. also before i forget there will be a list of faceclaims that will not be included in this rp due to repetitiveness(is that even a word??????)
  • the characters: real celebrities/models as faceclaims please. nothing else shall be accepted. please also try to choose someone that looks like the are in their 20's. if you need help looking for one please don't hesitate to ask me or my co-gm. we will gladly help you. also i might get backlash for this but i am still debating if i want to make this rp sexual-fluid or not. only because the matching process is a secret between me and my co-gm, having two or more homosexual characters already makes it obvious that they would be a match and defeat the purpose of the rp. bisexual characters are welcomed though. once again im still debating this so if you come for me about this you will be ignored.
  • the writing: i want people with proper writing skills and a good grasp over the english language. people who know their grammar and punctuation and the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their'. please do not feel offended if i ask for a writing sample (no guarantee that i will ask, just putting it out there).
  • the length: a minimum of two - three paragraphs per character for this roleplay. quality over quantity, by all means, but we need something to respond to as well.
  • the activity: i understand that people have lives, so the minimum post frequency required is one post a week. by all means, post more, but if things get out of hand and the story progresses without anyone else getting to take part, then there will be a posting order. a week in the rp will be considered a three days in real life.
  • the spots: there will be nine female and nine male slots for a total of eighteen characters. there is no first come first serve, meaning no reserved spots except for me and the co-gm. post your character and hope it will be accepted. do not ask if it is up to my standards i am not going to tell you how to make your character so that you have a better chance of being accepted.
  • the drama: by all means, stir up as much drama as you want in the roleplay, but i don't want to see any kind of it among the roleplayers in ooc or the discord. no bashing, discrimination, or anything of the sort please. the includes bashing me and my co-gm.
  • last up: please, please, please, for odin's sake, only join if you have the intention of roleplaying or if you know you can commit to a post a week. do not make your claims and then disappear. or, even worse, don't make your characters and then disappear.
  • additionally: please use the words 'perfect match' when you create your characters, so i know you've read through all of this.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentlore" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding
about challenges, the truth booth and the confessions room.
for some that do not know this show there are challenges that the contestants get to compete in. I haven't gotten around to choosing what and how to challenges will be roleplayed but i am welcome to suggestions. the confessions room is basically going to be the relationship tab in that tab each week (in the rp) you will put up a new relationship on each contestant. in the show there is a booth called the truth booth, the truth booth is where two contestants go to see if they are a perfect match or not. and at the end of the episode the contestants participate in the match up ceremony where depending on if it the guys or the ladies they will get to choose who their perfect match is. once everyone has chosen their perfect match there are spotlights to show if there are indeed perfect matches or not. if there are perfect matches the lights will show up how many matches there are, if there is a blackout meaning no lights at all then their chance at one million dollars is cut in half. there are still things that i am trying to work out that way they work in a roleplay setting so please do not bombard me with questions about every single thing, i am working things out to make it understandable for everyone else along with myself. i also i want to see this roleplay thrive and last for a long time.

the house
the house the contestants will be living in has a total of seven large bedrooms and four large bathrooms. three ladies will be in room one and three and five, three men will be in room two and four and six and the last room will be a private room. of course there will be a kitchen, living and lounge area a pool and a confession room.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentspots" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding
current taken and open spots will be posted here. please do not forget this is not a first come first serve roleplay. i will not be reserving spots for anyone except myself and my co-gm.

males
Gabriel Mikailov | Marc shulze | madame moiselle madame moiselle
Nicolo Morales | Maverick McConnell | rosar.io rosar.io
Harrison Ellis | Christopher Kellie | @zippy
Lief Lockman | Rome Flynn | @DramaMyth
Ashton Deville | August Roads | iShyShy iShyShy
Lorenzo Ruiz |Alberto Rosende | @MadiRaiCat
Luca Alves| Sergio Carvajal | @unscripted
females
Anwen Edwards| Kadijha Red Thunger | logastellus logastellus
Ciara Jackson | Ryan Destiny | erzulie erzulie
Evelyn Khan | Jasmine May | @undine
Violet Price | Laura Dryfuss| Lizy Lizy
Tala Dalisay |Katrina Gumabao | @pinnasina
Celine Tien Vu |Gabrielle Hua | @diablita
Nanette Rousseau | Zoey Deutch | @MadiRaiCat
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentlinks" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding
[/div][/div][/div]

Last edited:
Alright here is the cs, I want everyones cs to look like the one uploaded in the cs, you can change the colors but thats all. Also since there is a lot of text in the code i bolded where you should put your characters info. Good Luck yall. Character Sheet

[class=tabs]color: #fff; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; width: 550px; [/class]
[class=tab]cursor: pointer; margin: 4px; margin-top: 15px; display: inline-block; padding: 10px; width: 70px; background: #63dcd1;[/class]
[class name=tab state=hover]color: #fff; background: #756056;[/class]
[script class=tab on=click]
hide tabsContent
set currentTab (getText)
if (eq ${currentTab} about) (show tabsContentabout)
if (eq ${currentTab} rules) (show tabsContentrules)
if (eq ${currentTab} lore) (show tabsContentlore)
if (eq ${currentTab} spots) (show tabsContentspots)
if (eq ${currentTab} links) (show tabsContentlinks)
[/script]

[div class=tabs][div class=tab]about
[div class=tab]rules
[div class=tab]lore[/div][div class=tab]spots[/div][div class=tab]links[/div][/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentabout"]
chris'coding

Several years ago, MTV premiered what would become one of their top hits. Reality TV series Are You the One? has been a major success for the network, pulling in steady ratings from viewers, who often speak of the show like a train wreck they can't stop staring at. The show follows eighteen people, all paired up by expert matchmakers with some anonymous member of the house, who live together in a tropical destination for eleven weeks as they attempt to find their perfect match. If by the end of their time, they've managed to find all nine matches, the grand prize is a total of one million dollars to be split among the members of the house. If finding true love weren't motivation enough to play the game, the money probably would be.

Every week, a challenge is held, after which the two winners of the challenge may go on an organized date. Of the two couples who are allowed to leave the house, one is voted in by the rest of the house to participate in a feature called the Truth Booth. In the Truth Booth, the selected couple—and rest of the house—is able to see whether or not they're a true match. After each Truth Booth session, a matching ceremony is held, during which connecting couples may choose to sit together. Light strobes indicate how many of the couples sitting together are matches, but not which ones—that's up to the contestants to find out. Only two things are guaranteed in Are You the One?: plenty of drama and plenty of heartbreak.

It's now 2019, and MTV is launching its eighth season of the show. Eighteen applicants from around the country have all been carefully selected and paired up by a sophisticated algorithm. Now, these eighteen people are set to jet off to Cancun to take part in the eleven-week game. Will they manage to win a million dollars? Or, failing that, will they manage to find true love?

are you prepared?
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentrules" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding
a set of rules to ensure that the roleplay thrives(rules 1,4,5,6,8 are from Chris the rest are from me):
  • first up: please read through the lore tab, completely. i cannot, and will not, answer questions to which the answer has already been elaborated on. understanding everything is important for the roleplay to function. if you are confused about something from the lore, feel free to ask.
  • the typical: no mary su/gary stu characters. everyones characters will have flaws, if you dont like that. Oh well find a different roleplay to join. also before i forget there will be a list of faceclaims that will not be included in this rp due to repetitiveness(is that even a word??????)
  • the characters: real celebrities/models as faceclaims please. nothing else shall be accepted. please also try to choose someone that looks like the are in their 20's. if you need help looking for one please don't hesitate to ask me or my co-gm. we will gladly help you. also i might get backlash for this but i am still debating if i want to make this rp sexual-fluid or not. only because the matching process is a secret between me and my co-gm, having two or more homosexual characters already makes it obvious that they would be a match and defeat the purpose of the rp. bisexual characters are welcomed though. once again im still debating this so if you come for me about this you will be ignored.
  • the writing: i want people with proper writing skills and a good grasp over the english language. people who know their grammar and punctuation and the difference between 'there', 'they're' and 'their'. please do not feel offended if i ask for a writing sample (no guarantee that i will ask, just putting it out there).
  • the length: a minimum of two - three paragraphs per character for this roleplay. quality over quantity, by all means, but we need something to respond to as well.
  • the activity: i understand that people have lives, so the minimum post frequency required is one post a week. by all means, post more, but if things get out of hand and the story progresses without anyone else getting to take part, then there will be a posting order. a week in the rp will be considered a three days in real life.
  • the spots: there will be nine female and nine male slots for a total of eighteen characters. there is no first come first serve, meaning no reserved spots except for me and the co-gm. post your character and hope it will be accepted. do not ask if it is up to my standards i am not going to tell you how to make your character so that you have a better chance of being accepted.
  • the drama: by all means, stir up as much drama as you want in the roleplay, but i don't want to see any kind of it among the roleplayers in ooc or the discord. no bashing, discrimination, or anything of the sort please. the includes bashing me and my co-gm.
  • last up: please, please, please, for odin's sake, only join if you have the intention of roleplaying or if you know you can commit to a post a week. do not make your claims and then disappear. or, even worse, don't make your characters and then disappear.
  • additionally: please use the words 'perfect match' when you create your characters, so i know you've read through all of this.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentlore" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding
about challenges, the truth booth and the confessions room.
for some that do not know this show there are challenges that the contestants get to compete in. I haven't gotten around to choosing what and how to challenges will be roleplayed but i am welcome to suggestions. the confessions room is basically going to be the relationship tab in that tab each week (in the rp) you will put up a new relationship on each contestant. in the show there is a booth called the truth booth, the truth booth is where two contestants go to see if they are a perfect match or not. and at the end of the episode the contestants participate in the match up ceremony where depending on if it the guys or the ladies they will get to choose who their perfect match is. once everyone has chosen their perfect match there are spotlights to show if there are indeed perfect matches or not. if there are perfect matches the lights will show up how many matches there are, if there is a blackout meaning no lights at all then their chance at one million dollars is cut in half. there are still things that i am trying to work out that way they work in a roleplay setting so please do not bombard me with questions about every single thing, i am working things out to make it understandable for everyone else along with myself. i also i want to see this roleplay thrive and last for a long time.

the house
the house the contestants will be living in has a total of seven large bedrooms and four large bathrooms. three ladies will be in room one and three and five, three men will be in room two and four and six and the last room will be a private room. of course there will be a kitchen, living and lounge area a pool and a confession room.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentspots" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding
current taken and open spots will be posted here. please do not forget this is not a first come first serve roleplay. i will not be reserving spots for anyone except myself and my co-gm.

males
name | faceclaim | uername | sheet status
females
name| faceclaim | uername | sheet status
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentlinks" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding
when threads are made, the links will go here for ease of access.
[/div][/div][/div]

smhhh i only JUST saw this xD interested as playing a dude character :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back