Music Are you disabled/chronically ill? Please read this post!

cxrlyxo

you are my life now
CXRLYXO'S DISABILITY MUSIC PROJECT

Hello everyone!

The reason I am making this post is to hopefully reach some people who may be interested in a little project that I'm working on. This is specifically for those who are disabled, chronically ill, or have some sort of medical condition AND are a music fan! I ask that if you are NOT disabled you do your best to boost and share this. It is SUPER important that I get this to as many fans of different artists, genres, etc.. as possible! Thank you! This post will give some basic information, but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I want this to be as brief as possible while still giving a good amount of information.

-

What exactly is this project?

To give you a little bit of background information, for the last two years I have been the leader of a fan project for my favorite band, 5 Seconds of Summer, called DisabledSOS. As you can imagine, this project is based around their disabled fans. We've done a number of things, but are most known for our projects at their shows! Because COVID has postponed concerts and has affected the disabled community extremely, we decided to branch out a little bit. We are doing an at-home documentary about the impact of music on disabled fans. The documentary will discuss concert accessibility, fandoms and a number of other things!

Who are you wanting to participate?

As stated above, this is for music fans who are disabled/chronically ill! There is no specific criteria - if you consider yourself disabled, you're more than welcome to participate! There's more info about this on our website, which will be linked later in this post. You don't have to be part of any sort of fandom (this especially goes for fans of artists who don't really have fandoms).

When is the documentary being released? When should I apply or have my content submitted?

Though it's a bit later than we planned, we are looking at an early 2021 release date! We suggest applying/submitting any content you have for us as soon as possible. This allows us to start editing and putting things together early! We currently do not have a deadline for when applications will be closed, but again, as soon as possible is ideal!

Why are you doing this project?

I feel that it is extremely important that people be educated on how they can make concerts, fandoms, and the music industry as a whole more accessible and inclusive for disabled fans. We deserve to be heard and recognized as fans regardless of what we are able and not able to do, and I hope that this documentary can achieve that. This will give disabled fans to tell their stories, thank their favorite artists, and be apart of something that shows they are not alone.

How can I participate?

Though we're no longer doing video/voice call interviews, we encourage those wanting to participate to record their answers to the questions so it's as much like a real, professional documentary as we can achieve! Not comfortable being on camera? Totally okay! You can always write your answers to the questions or set up a time to do an interview via emails or DMs. We are open, flexible and want everyone to be able to participate! Just communicate with us. If you're an ally, be sure to check out our website as well, as there are a number of different things you can do to help!

Where can I get more information/apply?

Here is our official website! The 'Disabled Fans Documentary' Tab has more information about this project. We also have a Linktree with links to all of our socials and other resources should you need to contact us.

Here is the form to fill out if you want to participate!

If you read through all of this, thank you! And thank you in advance for sharing/participating. It means a lot to me. Again, if you have any questions, you can reply, PM me, or contact the project. Hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:

art by
arithm

Wᴀʀʀᴇɴ Bᴜʀɴs

(he/him)

ʙᴜɢʙᴇᴀʀ ʙᴀʀᴅs ᴡɪᴛʜ
ʙᴀɴᴊᴏs ʏ'ᴀʟʟ

Hi! I'm chronically ill mentally (ADHD, depression, anxiety) and also I'm disabled because of hip issues where a lot of days it's hard for me to stand for 2+ hours. I like some songs from 5SOS, but generally my music taste is really, really vast. But, my favorite band is Mother Mother. I was wondering if I qualify?

♡design by rabbitswarren, coded by uxie♡

art by
arithm

Wᴀʀʀᴇɴ Bᴜʀɴs

(he/him)

ʙᴜɢʙᴇᴀʀ ʙᴀʀᴅs ᴡɪᴛʜ
ʙᴀɴᴊᴏs ʏ'ᴀʟʟ

Hi! I'm chronically ill mentally (ADHD, depression, anxiety) and also I'm disabled because of hip issues where a lot of days it's hard for me to stand for 2+ hours. I like some songs from 5SOS, but generally my music taste is really, really vast. But, my favorite band is Mother Mother. I was wondering if I qualify?

Of course!

art by
arithm

Wᴀʀʀᴇɴ Bᴜʀɴs

(he/him)

ʙᴜɢʙᴇᴀʀ ʙᴀʀᴅs ᴡɪᴛʜ
ʙᴀɴᴊᴏs ʏ'ᴀʟʟ

Alrighty! I sent the form. c:

Does the disability aspect that you are talking about apply to something physical as well? Because I have colorblindness in my eyes for red and green :T I don't know if that counts but yeah

R-Really? Honestly I don't exactly have any favorite music artists that help me out with my situation of my color deficiancy.

Interesting. Just letting you know that your official website link is broken. I'd be willing to spread this around for you though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back